New ninja update? (6/5/14)

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeamCZRRacing
  • 102 comments
  • 8,897 views
I can confirm that there is definitely a physics update.

Oh wow you have confirmed it? Nice. So where is your data? How did you confirm it?

I bet Kaz is just looking out for what he thinks is our best interest. No?

Kaz doesn't want us to know too much.

It is both funny and sad that so many on here actually think Kaz even sees these updates (or many other aspects of the game). He is the head of the company, he is not writing logs nor touching code.
 
...And that relates to the topic how?

EDIT: Apparently you edited your comment right as I was saving mine. "'Strings of text...' REALLY, PD?!!" didn't show up until after I saved mine.

Also, I want to know why you're insulting PD over fixing text strings. It's not like they removed anything from the game. Of all the minor things...

Well, because changing/fixing Text Strings seems more important for PD than doing other minor fixes such as glitchy gauges and other annoyances. And I didn't insult PD.
 
It is both funny and sad that so many on here actually think Kaz even sees these updates (or many other aspects of the game). He is the head of the company, he is not writing logs nor touching code.

Or maybe he is 💡. I should have said PD and not Kaz :guilty:. I think I am ready for a flat out "Pirate Update!" :gtpflag:
 
Well, because changing/fixing Text Strings seems more important for PD than doing other minor fixes such as glitchy gauges and other annoyances. And I didn't insult PD.
So all of a sudden they're not allowed to make any fixes at all while they develop the Course Maker and work out whatever's causing Zahara to be delayed?

And before you resort to the "they're not doing anything but sitting on their asses" argument, have you ever written even one line of code in your entire life? I can tell you from experience it ain't easy. I write CSS-based downloadable website skins as a hobby, and even a few lines can take hours of work as you tweak different things and test for bugs or inconsistencies, and I'm not even doing anything even remotely groundbreaking. Imagine how impossibly hard it must be for PD to develop this GPS-based course creator, given the fact that no other game ever has used any form of GPS data for user-generated content. This is the fist time it's been done, so they're having to compile the damn thing from the ground up, doubtless millions and millions of lines of code, hundreds if not thousands of 3D models, and likely many other things I'm missing. Christ, if there's anyone who deserves a bit of mercy, it's PD and Kaz. But no, we're making this even harder and more emotionally challenging and exhausting for them because we're "fans of the series" and "only want the best for them."
 
I can confirm that there is definitely a physics update. After the 1.08 patch the physics changed similar to 1.00 (more grippy). After the hotfix yesterday they reverted it to be more like 1.03 physics again. The cars do feel more responsive during turn in, but it feels like they changed the steering rack ratio. There is actually less grip overall. The front end washes out more during steady state cornering and the rear end is looser when you put power down. The GT5-esque feel of driving on ice is back :grumpy: The strength of the FFB has also been reduced. I have a 650PP Huayra on Sports Soft that can run 2.04s consistently around Ascari that I use as a physics control car, so I'm not spouting things out of thin air. I've also grinded the Red Bull Standard challenge hundreds of times, and the car immediately felt different in the first corner.

Terrible decision by PD to switch the physics in the decisive week of GT Academy. I'm half a second off the times I could set yesterday using the same lines 👎

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this. When I first brought it up, people thought I was crazy, and probably still do. :lol: But I'm sticking to my guns on this one, something definitely feels different with the car in the final round of the Academy. After the hotfix, the car just feels less grippy and I am having a hell of a time even keeping up with my ghost. Before the hotfix, I was able to find improvements in all areas of the track...now, not at all. Without a doubt, something has definitely changed. I've noticed it in other cars as well, but since I have done over 1100 miles in the final round of the Academy alone, it is obvious to me they played around with the physics a bit, or something along those lines. (grip, aero, etc.)
 
I feel big difference in physics after this ninja update.
Cars are more unstable,more tail happy.
Turn in is more sharp,more aggressive.
Cars are more unstable during braking.
I like it!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Another one.... :banghead:
 
YZF
Another one.... :banghead:
No... I do feel that braking into high speed corners does cause the back to wobble out from underneath itself. Take the Corvette C6 Z06 LM at Le Mans. One of the easiest GT cars to drive, and use to have superior brakes. Now, it's about as bad as the R8 when on the throttle..
 
No... I do feel that braking into high speed corners does cause the back to wobble out from underneath itself. Take the Corvette C6 Z06 LM at Le Mans. One of the easiest GT cars to drive, and use to have superior brakes. Now, it's about as bad as the R8 when on the throttle..

I tried same car, same track after update - no changes.
 
I played again this morning and the physics seems to return to normal again :confused: It's not 100% as before but it's not a disaster like last night. I wonder if the game sometimes forgets to load part of the physics code after a hotfix (data being jumbled up, etc). Since car engine sounds can sometimes go missing at the start of a race it's a possibility.
 
I played again this morning and the physics seems to return to normal again :confused: It's not 100% as before but it's not a disaster like last night. I wonder if the game sometimes forgets to load part of the physics code after a hotfix (data being jumbled up, etc). Since car engine sounds can sometimes go missing at the start of a race it's a possibility.

You know, I just had the exact same thing seemingly happen to me also today. The car felt more planted and seemed to grip the track a whole lot better than my last session yesterday.. I thought I was losing my mind till I read your post here so it seems I'm not the only one who has experienced this. I'm speaking of the Academy TT btw. Some weird goings on here, I'll tell you that.
 
You know, I just had the exact same thing seemingly happen to me also today. The car felt more planted and seemed to grip the track a whole lot better than my last session yesterday.. I thought I was losing my mind till I read your post here so it seems I'm not the only one who has experienced this. I'm speaking of the Academy TT btw. Some weird goings on here, I'll tell you that.

Good to know I'm not going schizophrenic :lol: Actually I've had this happening a few times now after updates, but mostly I've just put it down to placebo effect. But since I've been practicing GT Academy a lot I know right away that something is wrong last night. Oh well, since it fixed itself I'll put it down as another one of PD's idiosyncrasies :P
 
You know, I just had the exact same thing seemingly happen to me also today. The car felt more planted and seemed to grip the track a whole lot better than my last session yesterday.. I thought I was losing my mind till I read your post here so it seems I'm not the only one who has experienced this. I'm speaking of the Academy TT btw. Some weird goings on here, I'll tell you that.
I'll have to try it again. When I tried the first time I was surprised how good and stable that car was. 2nd time I played I was a mess and thought I totally lost my ability to drive.
 
I feel it , something has been tweaked
 
Back