New seasonal, Real Circuit Tours

• Thread starter simpleskin
  • 259 comments
The only tracks I enjoy racing in this Seasonal are Monza and Suzuka. With my tuned 787B, I had pretty much no problem with the Fuji round. I was up to 4th Place heading into Lap 2 in my initial run. I just hate racing a track like any Nürburgring that uses the Nordschleife where you have to use a prototype. In my run at the final round, I could have intentionally cut that final chicane area, but I raced clean thinking I could make something happen late. But of course, I got only 2nd.

This is really the first Seasonal within my abilities that I think is intensely challenging and rewarding. Just damned upset that I couldn't win in GT All-Stars with my 787B- the same 787B I used to win four out of the five races in this Seasonal. Yes, great job to Polyphony Digital for laying a Seasonal like this on us! And as for those complaining that Tsukuba is not part of this Seasonal, you'd probably complain if it was another Seasonal that utilized any configuration that used the Nordschleife. I respect Tsukuba, and I also respect the courses featured in this Seasonal.

Ok, my avg times per track using my fully tuned Minolta( only aid, +2 trac control).Kinda bombed nurb ( had a few adult drinks by then) but still won.Kinda spun 2 times..

Avg lap times.Could have done better.
Laguna Seca 112.xxx
Monza 131.xxx
Suzuka 141.xxx
Fuji 123.xxx
Nurb(uggg) 7.01.215 <<< not my best track spun out a time or 2. =(

Any tips on nurb? I am averaging 50 sec slower n fastest is 7:41 :ill: which sometimes gimme gold or silver.
Can't get the hang of it as those up slope then turn often send me flying to the grass.
The rest I m only about 2 seconds off ur pace. In fact faster on monza.

I've gotta say, Monza is a firm 2nd place in the order of best tracks on GT5 (IMHO, with the shleife being 1st). It looks so basic and boring on paper, especially to those who dont know the history behind the circuit, but to say it is a very flowing track is a massive understatement.

When you nail a near perfect lap at Monza, I dont think anything feels as good. And with the high downforce nature of the GroupC cars, just makes it that little bit more special.

Regarding times, I got a 7:04.xxx using a bog standard Minolta with Racing softs. I reckon I could easily have a 6 minute lap if I didnt make a few mistakes.
Why anyone would mod a racing car in GT5 is beyond me to be honest *shrugs*.

I've gotta say, Monza is a firm 2nd place in the order of best tracks on GT5 (IMHO, with the shleife being 1st). It looks so basic and boring on paper, especially to those who dont know the history behind the circuit, but to say it is a very flowing track is a massive understatement.

When you nail a near perfect lap at Monza, I dont think anything feels as good. And with the high downforce nature of the GroupC cars, just makes it that little bit more special.

Regarding times, I got a 7:04.xxx using a bog standard Minolta with Racing softs. I reckon I could easily have a 6 minute lap if I didnt make a few mistakes.
Why anyone would mod a racing car in GT5 is beyond me to be honest *shrugs*.

Why? If I can't be competitive with a specific car (in my case, the CLK-LM) without any upgrades, because the car doesn't have the same specifications by a wide margin, I'm going with upgrading the car.
A Minolta with RS isn't a challenge either. :sly:

Of course, If you mean somebody upgrades a Super GT car to blast away the (Super GT-)competition, that, as well, is beyond me. 👎

The Nurburgring and I will spending a ton of time together.

Yep, I won every race with little problem, except for Nurburgring.
Best so far is 2nd, losing by 6 seconds.:grumpy:

Check that. Just won. 7:55 won by 3 seconds.

Last edited:
Won all the races fairly easy using various cars.

Been grinding the Ring. Tried the Peugot 905, Mazda 787b, Toyota 7, Minolta, Silk Cut Jag and just bought the Audo R10 TDI to try out.

The Audi is a complete dog compered to the rest imo, car feels heavy and sluggish. Anyone any suggestions to get the best out of it?
Loving the challenge of the new seasonals. 👍

Gonna start trying some non le mans type cars next.

What kind of problems are you having with the R10? When I first tried out the Speed 8, I had on Racing Hards, pretty much left it stock except for turning down initial torque and accel sensitivity, and thought the car was just awful--didn't want to turn in, was just unpredictable on corner exit and lit up the rears to boot. I had to crank up the downforce, and stiffen the springs up (counterinituive, but it worked for me) to get it working well. On Racing Softs, I found I could run a lot less downforce and a 'looser' LSD setting, but then I was running rings around the rest of the cars, it was that quick.

So am I right in saying that 2 races of the Nurburgring is better money per minute rate then the La Sarthe if your Nurburgring time is around 7 minutes? Guess XP will also be better.

So am I right in saying that 2 races of the Nurburgring is better money per minute rate then the La Sarthe if your Nurburgring time is around 7 minutes? Guess XP will also be better.

I believe Sarthe is 504,000 for 3:30. Nurb is 678,000 for 7 minutes. So, no, Sarthe is still better $$ per minute. Not sure about XP.

I've now tried the race with different cars (Nur at least), and lost in the following:
1. BMW V12 LMR (I was driving a little stupid)
2. FGT - to achieve a 750 PP, I had to increase ballast and re-distribute weight, which wasn't that lovely...consistently was 8 seconds behind lead...

SO, with that, I've decided to stick with the Peugot Hdi (Premium) and/or Bentley Speed Racer 8....

I'm surprised that the FGT didn't win at the Ring for you. Unlike Fuji, its biggest crutch is for the most part eliminated in the locations that I wouldn't want to use other cars (namely, between the Karoussel and the final straight). Even with the extra weight at default F/R distribution, it handles magnificently well and due to the AI having issues with "slow in, fast out" can really pull away.

I thought this was a great Seasonal Event. It was about time we had a new event in which to use our LMP1 and Group C cars. No tuning was needed just RM tyres for Suzuka. I used the following circuit-car combinations:

Laguna Seca // Mazda 787B
Nordschleife 24h // Toyota GT-one
Fuji Speedway // BMW V12 LMR
Monza // Peugeot 908 HDi FAP
Suzuka // Audi R10 TDI.

The only one I did not win at the first attempt was Suzuka as the Audi R10 snapped under braking on a couple of corners.

This seasonal sounds pretty awesome.

I've had family over so i haven't been able to turn on my PS3 so i'm gonna check this one out later this week.👍

I can now fairly consistently win at laguna seca with the ferrari F10 although it requires driving down the end of pit lane and cutting at every possible opportunity, through experimenting with the other tracks ive found that with my driving skills its just not possible to win on any of the other tracks with the F10, i might give the F2007 a go later but im not liking my chances.

Yep. My bad, sorry. Still ferrari only though. Impossible to win cus ai is full hp and we have to lower to 400hp plus max weight.

Been trying just about every LMP I can lay my hands on and my favourite is... the Bentley. Not the fastest thing in a straight line, but lovely handling and brakes even when on hards. A pleasure to drive. I just slaughtered the Minolta at Monza, great fun.

Oh and guess what just showed up in the UCD after six months: the Sauber! What a time to arrive...

Yep, I won every race with little problem, except for Nurburgring.
Best so far is 2nd, losing by 6 seconds.:grumpy:

Check that. Just won. 7:55 won by 3 seconds.

Congrats. The AI of nurburgring varies wildly. I have lost by 2 seconds even when I drove a 7:46. Best is 7:41. Saw some videos with amazing drives but I tend to get launched into uncontrollable turns after some upslopes. I must have done this seasonal track at least 8 times and did not have any clean laps to date. :grumpy:

I haven't done much driving in fast cars in GT5 so am finding it quite tough - I ended up putting the driving line on as I just couldn't get braking zones right. Think I'll stick with the C60 and be careful in third!

Also, I just found out that the hard way that the distance markers on the grass at Monza (between those two right handers) are absolutely solid! :dunce: Not like Laguna Seca or a couple of other courses where you just knock them over.

I am also finding it really hard to drive these high-powered, high-downforce cars. The ones I've used all have a strong tendency to do whatever they want and ultimately kill themselves with me inside. This will take a long while to complete. I guess I'll also have to stick to ONE car and tune it up so it won´t look for walls as bees look for honey.

And I also learned the Monza distance markers thing the hard way :crazy:.

I am also finding it really hard to drive these high-powered, high-downforce cars. The ones I've used all have a strong tendency to do whatever they want and ultimately kill themselves with me inside. This will take a long while to complete. I guess I'll also have to stick to ONE car and tune it up so it won´t look for walls as bees look for honey.

And I also learned the Monza distance markers thing the hard way :crazy:.

Minolta is a great car to try. Another is zonda r tho throttle control is tough.
Btw if u miss the 1st chicane u can go between the markers to go back to the track. driving line is great help but once the tires touch the grass be prepared to brake earlier than the driving line on the next corner else the car may end up in the sand trap. Full throttle after chicanes is suicide spin for me so i throttle a quarter and gradually ramp up even if srf is on. If srf is off, watch up for red tires. Even a quarter can spin the car. Good luck!

so far suzukavrwally gets me on.. been trying hell lots of cars from light weight high pp to high hp & pp.. unable to win.. till i use the r89c! next up.. 24h nur..

I have run the Nurburgring course a total of 10 times now. Only once have I finished first. That was using the Minolta, at something in the neighborhood of 735PP. The lead car alternated between the Sauber Mercedes and the Toyota 7 Race Car, but the Sauber finished second behind me by like 1 second. EDIT: I raced with all aids off but ABS 1.
All of the other 9 tries, I used different cars like the Sauber, Peugot 908, Pescarolo C60 Hybride. I finished 5th 5 times, after meeting the Armco barriers up close and finding out just how much they will slow you down. My problem mostly is the same problem i had with that Nascar Nordschleife Seasonal - when my tire even so much as smells the grass i spin out and lose it. i think i know now why they do not race F1 or LMPs on the Ring any more.
This seasonal is far and away my favorite thing in the whole game - including A/B Spec and other seasonals. I don't just love it for the payouts, though they are fantastic, but mostly for the speed, the difficulty level, and the excitement. I have even seen the AI spin out on the Ring a few times and have blown past them laughing and pointing at them.

I came 1st on both attempts, with Peugeot 908 FAP and the Audi R10 which was a bit trickier. I usually pick Racing Med tires but in this instance I used Racing Hard because of the length of the track and the amount of corners.

I have DFGT which makes driving any car a doddle as throttle control, braking and steering is spot on - you can adjust traction control, brake balance, active control systems etc on the fly.

For these races I had traction control at 2 except 3 on the Ring and ABS 1. The trick to driving these monster machines well is to not drive like a **** down the high street.

If you know the ring you are off to a good start the rest is good throttle control and cool braking. These cars will not turn corners in triple figures much over 70-90 mph as there is too much downforce.

Happy trails.

My favorite seasonal so far ... I have now won Nurb 24 with every LMP and Group C car in the game. I drove all cars stock, no tunes or settings changes. Racing hard, ABS 1, everything else off.

I thought after this experiment I would have a favorite, but there were so many I enjoyed driving that I can't pick. I can clearly say the Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06 was my least favorite, did not enjoy that one at all. I drove many of these cars for the first time ... didn't know what fun I was missing.

My fastest time was with the Toyota Minolta 88C-V. Slowest winning time was with the Audi R10 ... thanks to the Toyota 7 for holding up the Minolta for the entire lap or I may have never won with that thing, LOL. Very enjoyable event.

Latest Posts

Back