New seasonal, Real Circuit Tours

• Thread starter simpleskin
  • 259 comments
I almost always drive with beer 👍 However towards 11 PM I get sloppy and make silly mistakes like on the last turn of Nurburgring 24 hour 👎

Funny stuff, i had to cut that chicane today because i had a mistake before bruennchen. otherwise i´d have finished 2nd. This way i was able to win with 0.1 before the mercedes :)

The Nurburgring in a Group C is pretty intense - a proper work-out with a wheel. I've only had one proper attempt and managed 2nd by some 15 seconds (can't remember what won but it was way ahead of the rest).

I used an R89c I had in my garage - must have got it from UCD. I won Monza with it in need of an oil change, but then did engine and chassis rebuilds and it was a different car. Shamefully though I had to resort to Medium Race tyres and increased TCS (3 I think) to beat Fuji :guilty:.

I'll revisit these when I've milked the NASCAR races for the big prizes.

Last edited:
This is a fun Seasonal but it also shows everything which is bad about the AI. How it has no pace through corners and how it retreats as soon as you overtake. The problems are so evident here.

I always thought the problem was that the AI brakes way too early, but I think you're right too--low corner speeds combined with the AI tending to turn into your car before the apex but duck out of the way if it's after the apex. Also, coming out of the chicane at Monza, it's very easy to get a huge jump on the AI. And the end of the day and all things being relatively equal, we really ought not to be able to beat a Group C Le Mans car with a JGTC or DTM car.

It would be nice if there were different types of AI... ones that braked early but had good corner exit, late brakers with relatively lower corner speeds and guys who focus on maximizing corner speeds.

Running the Nurb seasonal in the C60, straight out the box, sports hard tyres was the most fun I've had in GT5 since er.... ever, I think. It took me about a couple of days, including plenty of "3 corners in -> restart" situations. But I finally beat it. I've never been one of these people who learns every corner of every track and I've always avoided the 'Rig, fo r some reason, but I've learnt it pretty well now.

Great fun, more of the same, please!

Managed 3rd on the Nurb with my NASCAR #88 Impala. Depending on the field, I think its winnable. I had the Sauber and the Toyota 7 way in front of me, I think I lost by like 12 seconds.

Anyone able to win these with a NASCAR car?

I did finally win Nurb 24H with my NASCAR (car). But I finally figured out if I dumbed down the cars PP until I get in the start of the race, it was usually against the slower field. Cheating? Or just in my head?

Does any one else decide there completion of the race or (not to Bother finishing) by a certain points of reference. I first of all like to be in first place before 1:50-1:54. I then break the track into thirds, I don't know there official names but Quick Sand curve by 2:28or less. Then be completely coming out of the hair pin in 4:50-4:55 and then home. I play with a controller, I'm getting old, and my best Average time is 7:20 but I have done it in the 908 in 7:14:181.

Nurb 24H of coarse, your input would be great!

Having a blast with these races, having gradually caught up on the seasonals.

Tried a lot of cars at Monza I knew probably wouldn't cut it, but kinda worked my way up. A few surprises, won in the 2J on my first attempt, awesome car, though not sure in reality a 1970 Can-Am car would smoke 90s and 00s LMP cars? Managed 2nd in the Toyota 7 but couldn't catch up with the R92 out front, the Toyota lacks a little max speed so i'm surprised it's causing problems for some on the 'Ring.

As does the Gillett Vertigo, I knew this was a difficult car but I managed a 3rd mostly down to the intense accelleration. Tops out too early again though.

The Audi R10 was surprisingly slow, the R8s seemed tons better, which was also a surprise.

The Peugeot 905 everyone seems to love, I didn't have much success with, at least at Monza anyway.

Now playing around at Fuji, seems a little tougher, managed a 2nd already with the 2J though.

A few things struck me about this thread though, firstly the occasional sniffy post where someone claims all the races are dead easy and even in some cases "I was first after the second lap in some GT-class car" when in most cases that's impossible. Or at least fess up that they were tuned to a ridiculous extent.

But I also find it kinda funny how people still seem to view it as a cardinal sin to use TCS, when most relatively modern race cars will use something akin to this. Personally I switch it off for the Can-Am and historic cars, but set it at 1 for mostly anything else, which seems reasonable to me. Each to their own I guess!

Last edited:
I play with a controller, I'm getting old, and my best Average time is 7:20 but I have done it in the 908 in 7:14:181.

Nurb 24H of coarse, your input would be great!

Bl00dy hell! That's about a minute quicker than my average!! Well, not quite, my best time is 8'01" which got me second. That was a bummer because the next attempt I crashed, managed only 8'25" and the winner did it in 8'10"....

I have golded all the others, but this is just too hard! Great race!

I think the trick is to race when the Minolta / Judd / Sauber are not on the track. That Minolta is wicked.... I have no hope of catching it from 12th on the grid.... what a brilliant seasonal!:)

I think the trick is to race when the Minolta / Judd / Sauber are not on the track. That Minolta is wicked.... I have no hope of catching it from 12th on the grid.... what a brilliant seasonal!:)

For Nurb24 there are multiple opponent configurations.

The slowest by far is Toyota 7 on pole with the Peugeot 905 in 2nd. Peugeot holds everyone up and the Toyota 7 actually pulls away a bit.

2nd slowest is Toyota 7 on pole with any other car in second. However, if you set a fast pace on the GP portion of the track, the Minolta/Sauber/Judd will pass it early and set a decent time. If you are slower on the GP section or make mistakes, the Toyota 7 will usually hold everyone up for most of the lap.

3rd slowest is with the Minolta on pole. The fastest is when the Judd C60 starts on pole, but that is very rare. I've done this race about 100 times or more because it's so awesome. :sly:

Yep, I'd have to say that this is probably my favorite seasonal. I love the Ring. Moreover, I finally zeroed in the LSD on my class 3's, which is a bonus.

@Tyger - I agree with you on the TCS. Modern day race/road cars use it, so there's no shame in using it on GT in my opinion.

For Nurb24 there are multiple opponent configurations.

The slowest by far is Toyota 7 on pole with the Peugeot 905 in 2nd. Peugeot holds everyone up and the Toyota 7 actually pulls away a bit.

2nd slowest is Toyota 7 on pole with any other car in second. However, if you set a fast pace on the GP portion of the track, the Minolta/Sauber/Judd will pass it early and set a decent time. If you are slower on the GP section or make mistakes, the Toyota 7 will usually hold everyone up for most of the lap.

3rd slowest is with the Minolta on pole. The fastest is when the Judd C60 starts on pole, but that is very rare. I've done this race about 100 times or more because it's so awesome. :sly:

Good observations there! I've found with Minolta on pole, you're toast early on. It just fires off into the distance...!

Interesting about the GP bit..... I'll have to try and use that. When the 7 has been on pole, it seems to hold traffic up for the first third, then the Judd or Sauber overtake it and I'll know it because my gap shoots up in no time!

You think it's worth easing off on the GP bit to make the Toyota hold up for longer?

I would just drive normally and see what happens. I usually make a note of the Toyota drivers name so I can keep an eye on its position.

I would just drive normally and see what happens. I usually make a note of the Toyota drivers name so I can keep an eye on its position.

I'll give it a go and report back! Yes, not having the option to list cars instead of drivers can be a bit of a pain sometimes....

I'll give it a go and report back! Yes, not having the option to list cars instead of drivers can be a bit of a pain sometimes....

I'm in full agreement with this...The AI names are random so why give that information to begin with? You can hardly brag about beating J.Doe.It's different when that name belongs to someone you know and are actually racing against or are on-line with.In seasonals and A-spec I want to know the car ahead of me,not the fictitious AI name...It's meaningless.

YaaaaHoooo! Finally did it! Your "trick" of a slower GP section seemed to work.

The Toyota 7 was pole, the Minolta second, Judd third, Audi R8 01 next.... so a pretty tough line up. I thought the 7 would be blitzed early on, as usual, but it wasn't.

For some reason I got held up by the flying fridge (2J) at the beginning (GP section)... it took me longer than usual to pass (I was in a Sauber C9) so that section was slower.

To cut a long story short, by the time I caught the lead two, at that steep banked semi-circle left hander at about two thirds in, the Toyota 7 was still in the lead, obviously holding them all up!

I got past and prayed I wouldn't make a mistake! Not long after I got past, the Minolta reared its head in my rearview mirror, and wouldn't go away!

The race ended with me first on a pretty rubbish time of 8'04"xxx, Minolta 0.5 behind, then the Audi, then the Judd and the 7 next.

Your plan works.... good advice!

Back