New seasonal, Real Circuit Tours

• Thread starter simpleskin
  • 259 comments
Won nurb on my first go this morning after failing 20 times yesterday. Used my bone stock R390 Race car (w/ RS, but still). Swore I would never try that race again, until later this afternoon I tried it again with my BMW McLaren F1 GTR and to my surprise had one of the best races ever (came 2nd, 12 secs behind the Minolta). I guess once I golded it, I relaxed and could just enjoy this magnificent race. :)

...once you take the lead rubberbanding kicks in and you can't pull out much of a gap, so one mistake and you're finished.

Which I like. You don't expect to be able to make mistakes and win a real race do you? I haven't won Nurburgring yet because of this. Only have silver so far. But it adds more enjoyment for me. I'll eventually gold it. Just need to learn the track better and not make many mistakes.

Thanks PD, I've been waiting forever until now for this particular Seasonal :)

Very hard for me to finish 1st in the 24hr Nür Seasonal, using a Audi R8 LMS racecar, has anyone had any success? (I now realize its sub 680 pp that car), I lose on the long straight as they kite past my top speed of 302 km/hr
So far I tried Mazda 787, Opel Astra, no probs finishing ahead with a mild (avoidable) error now and then.
Diablo NoMad, ooh gotta try that beast,

Last edited:
Which I like. You don't expect to be able to make mistakes and win a real race do you? I haven't won Nurburgring yet because of this. Only have silver so far. But it adds more enjoyment for me. I'll eventually gold it. Just need to learn the track better and not make many mistakes.

Hmm, I did not notice any rubber banding at all. Same as all A-Spec races, once you get ahead the AI seems to slow down and you can pull a gap instantly. Of course if you make a mistake, it does not take long for them to close down the gap at 200+ mph.

The lead AI does adjust it's speed based on how you are doing though ... his winning time will be slower if you struggle a bit, but he will slow only to a point. That rule only applies if one of the fast cars starts on pole ... Pescarolo Courage Hybride, Minolta, or Sauber. If they start behind the Toyota 7 they usually get held up drastically.

My favorite seasonal so far ... I have now won Nurb 24 with every LMP and Group C car in the game. I drove all cars stock, no tunes or settings changes. Racing hard, ABS 1, everything else off.
That's good going - I've found I at least have to go to racing meds, if not the softs. Still, I managed to win with the Zonda R, despite it being only 688pp

This seasonal is soooo great, I has really enjoyed the group-c cars and the ring is a great challenge.

I've golded the first three with a mix of cars and using the HKS controller. I finally detuned an FGT to get up to 4th place at Suzuka. I couldn't do better than 6th place with a few of the LMP and Group C cars maxed out on RS tires.

I'm still at 6th place at the Ring. I'll try the FGT there tonight.

I really really need to set up my wheel again :D

OK, finally set up the wheel again. Was able to come up to 2nd place in the FGT. Then tried it with the 88C-V and did a 7:46 for first place.

I crushed em in a JGTC car at the ring on hard tires with a 787b on hard tires you should be able to catch the lead minolta or sauber by the karousel.
My best time with the 787 was a 7:15.

This is a fun Seasonal but it also shows everything which is bad about the AI. How it has no pace through corners and how it retreats as soon as you overtake. The problems are so evident here.

This is a fun Seasonal but it also shows everything which is bad about the AI. How it has no pace through corners and how it retreats as soon as you overtake. The problems are so evident here.

..... very evident......... I tried to basically do a photo-op on nurb and the AI literally stops on the track if I slow down while overtaking, it gets frustrating

..... very evident......... I tried to basically do a photo-op on nurb and the AI literally stops on the track if I slow down while overtaking, it gets frustrating

Courteous AI drivers :)... I think IRL on the ring, overtaking on the right is prohibited. Seems like AI does not slow as much when overtaken on left unless . Also if the AIs are fast on the corners, I dun see how we can play catch the pigeon with them 30 secs ahead.

Also if the AIs are fast on the corners, I dun see how we can play catch the pigeon with them 30 secs ahead.

Maybe we start several seconds behind to compensate for the uncompetitive AI? I would rather have standing starts on the grid and have an interesting race against the AI instead of trying to catch a bunch of sunday cruisers. We're our own worst enemies in these seasonal events.

won 1st using chaps 2j in 3 races.. im having a hard time with suzuka and nurb.. might de-tune an fgt because of that

update on my seasonals... finally won gold at suzuki but i'm having a hard time winning in nurb using a de-tuned fgt coz of some small mistakes and a little underpowered on straights. let me try minolta then.

update on my seasonals... finally won gold at suzuki but i'm having a hard time winning in nurb using a de-tuned fgt coz of some small mistakes and a little underpowered on straights. let me try minolta then.

I golded the first 3 but can do no better than third on the Suzuki. What car did you use and how was it tuned?
Thanks

Had a lot of fun playing GT5 yesterday, with this seasonal that is very very good. (I think the top lead cars are Adaptive AI, and will give you a challenge, no matter which car you choose using 620-750pp range)

I won the 24H Nür track, 1 lap, using:

Arta NSX '00
Nascar Impala #14
Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R
Lamborghini Diablo
(Then a BMW McClaren F1 for stress relief afterward)

with anycar in the lead, whether it is a Toyota '70 or Minolta, or Sauber, I will finish .8s - 2s ahead. I love that track to death.

Although, AI is dumb in certain corners, they drive really hard in twists, but are to the sense "mentally challenged" in blind corners.

replays are saved if anyone is interested. I don't know how to port to youtube, i may need to ask my kindergarten neighbors how to do that.

cool event, thanks PD.

Had a lot of fun playing GT5 yesterday, with this seasonal that is very very good. (I think the top lead cars are Adaptive AI, and will give you a challenge, no matter which car you choose using 620-750pp range)

I won the 24H Nür track, 1 lap, using:

Arta NSX '00
Nascar Impala #14
Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R
Lamborghini Diablo
(Then a BMW McClaren F1 for stress relief afterward)

with anycar in the lead, whether it is a Toyota '70 or Minolta, or Sauber, I will finish .8s - 2s ahead. I love that track to death.

Although, AI is dumb in certain corners, they drive really hard in twists, but are to the sense "mentally challenged" in blind corners.

replays are saved if anyone is interested. I don't know how to port to youtube, i may need to ask my kindergarten neighbors how to do that.

cool event, thanks PD.

I tried to replicate your wins with my TAKATA NSX and my Calsonic Impul GTR and got 4rd and 6... :scared: I even got a faster laptime with my GTR! :crazy: Do you happen to remember your laptimes??? :confused:

I can't be that bad :nervous: ...

whm
I golded the first 3 but can do no better than third on the Suzuki. What car did you use and how was it tuned?
Thanks

I won Suzuka in the Matmut Peugot. Racing softs, 7/7 on the brakes, half lowered, softer springs and more camber.

Beat it the second time out.

-j

simpleskin
I won Suzuka in the Matmut Peugot. Racing softs, 7/7 on the brakes, half lowered, softer springs and more camber.

Beat it the second time out.

-j

I've also used that setup to gold all the others except nurburg24

I guess beer doesn't help very much on these races. I will now try them with minimal beer intake. I'm still struggling with Fuji, Suzuka and the 'Ring. :(
Is it just me or is the AI a little more 'skilled' in the last few seasonal events?
These last few are definitely a lot of fun!

I guess beer doesn't help very much on these races. I will now try them with minimal beer intake. I'm still struggling with Fuji, Suzuka and the 'Ring. :(
Is it just me or is the AI a little more 'skilled' in the last few seasonal events?
These last few are definitely a lot of fun!

I almost always drive with beer 👍 However towards 11 PM I get sloppy and make silly mistakes like on the last turn of Nurburgring 24 hour 👎

Back