New supercar nostalgia event.

• Thread starter jacksmith
  • 156 comments
After running these events in various cars, I went back and did Lacuna Seca with a 473PP Jaguar Type E, with stock suspension, gears and all, except for the tuned engine, in cockpit view with my TV set to a sepia colour, all aids and ABS off. I only finished 6th, but it felt like I was in control of a real life video, despite SRF being on, it was a fantastic sensation. At this PP, I had the exact same straight line speed and acceleration as the Corvettes and 512Bs, with some nice and loose handling that was controllable.

I had to be slightly cautious on the brakes and accelerator, but the car allowed you to push it a little, making for a fantastic replay and exciting drive. I highly recommend trying something similar, not for the win, but for the experience.

After running these events in various cars, I went back and did Lacuna Seca with a 473PP Jaguar Type E, with stock suspension, gears and all, except for the tuned engine, in cockpit view with my TV set to a sepia colour, all aids and ABS off. I only finished 6th, but it felt like I was in control of a real life video, despite SRF being on, it was a fantastic sensation. At this PP, I had the exact same straight line speed and acceleration as the Corvettes and 512Bs, with some nice and loose handling that was controllable.

I had to be slightly cautious on the brakes and accelerator, but the car allowed you to push it a little, making for a fantastic replay and exciting drive. I highly recommend trying something similar, not for the win, but for the experience.

Yeah. I tried the e type. I think I got in 5/6th position as well. It was fun though

I used the cobra tuned to 550 pp. the first four tracks weren't too bad, but the last track took some time. The key to what got me gold was to brake a little late and throw the car early into the curve on some curves. The other curves were a challenge to stabilize the car and accelerate cleanly. I enjoyed this challenge.

Last edited:
hol
Surely it should be seen as a challenge to you guys? Especially the seriously fast guys, to see how low you can take the pp level. I'm just happy to get gold on these events & sometimes I don't manage that!
what car did you use?

haha. Yeah, I know the feeling! I detuned a Cobra to 490ish. And I got 3rd place after the miuras. :D It was fun as! Practically drift around every corner, whether you wanted to or not.

Dude, don't come on here and say this was an 'easy' even when you're using practically the best car in the game detuned. Use one of the other cars available, and I guarantee you will not find it that easy.

Didn't want to spend much time with these :)

With more experimenting fun, let's just say that if you're struggling with this event, the Jaguar XJ13 Race Car will Suprise Buttsex the competition.

it was very easy with the gt40, tried last course with ferrari p, also very easy. gt40 did break out easily, had to atch my throttle. probably not a problem with tc, but i only use abs.

Has anybody won using the '62 Alfa Giulia? I tried it stock on Grand Valley and couldn't get anywhere near the Lambo's, only just caught the Ferrari's!

Tried it on Laguna and it just doesn't have the acceleration and top end to catch the top 4-5 cars.

One of the interesting aspects of this Seasonal is the availability of a variety of cars. Many of them can be tuned to the 550PP but can't compete with "supercars". It is fun to give them a try. Golding the races isn't a problem, but I like the challenge of taking cars that are marginal and making a hard run at it.

Racin-Rev
Tried it on Laguna and it just doesn't have the acceleration and top end to catch the top 4-5 cars.

One of the interesting aspects of this Seasonal is the availability of a variety of cars. Many of them can be tuned to the 550PP but can't compete with "supercars". It is fun to give them a try. Golding the races isn't a problem, but I like the challenge of taking cars that are marginal and making a hard run at it.

I used the Stratos rally car at Laguna Seca, that was fun!

Won all races with a maxed out '74 Countach, de-tuned to 535pp.

Prize car was a premium Lexus ISF '07.

Did it late last night in a 512BB, though highly modified. Won a 60's Nissan, don't remember the model.

Have both a 74 Lamborghini and a Miura on share that won all races easily. I'm going to start trying some non Supercars to see if I can finish in the top five.

I made a video for this lot. Used a Cobra in the end, but it wasn't the easiest drive.

Oink, your videos are sensational, congratulations

To help all, the strength of recuperation leave the event less real, but it's still fun, complete all steps in one video (full race)

I tried with my '69 Corvette on a few tracks, tuned to 545... Couldn't snag a win, but had fun anyway. Then I bought a '74 Countach, tuned to 550, won pretty easily on the first four, but it took a couple tries at Laguna Seca. I repaired the chassis, and nailed it.

Eiffel's next. I don't race nearly as often as I used to, this has been a fun challenge!

I guess I should've realized you could use cars besides those suggested, I'll have to look around the garage...

I tried with my '69 Corvette on a few tracks, tuned to 545... Couldn't snag a win, but had fun anyway. Then I bought a '74 Countach, tuned to 550, won pretty easily on the first four, but it took a couple tries at Laguna Seca. I repaired the chassis, and nailed it.

Eiffel's next. I don't race nearly as often as I used to, this has been a fun challenge!

I guess I should've realized you could use cars besides those suggested, I'll have to look around the garage...

I won all first four tracks easy with the Corvette '69 only at the Eifel I managed to become third, about 2 seconds short to win.
:)

Took the first four easy with the BB, got tired of Eifel with it and the Miura so I took out the tuned down Jag, easy win by nearly 7 seconds on the first run. Won some Lexus GT car that I already had.

Won using a Cobra tuned to 550. Wasn't too difficult because of the massive power it puts down makes it easy to pass. If you want to use the Cobra don't touch the power at all. Just go for weight loss and add ballast so the weight distribution is closer to 50-50. This help a whole lot and with a good tune, it's easy and fun too! Especially with SRF on... The GT350R is my next project.

Back