New Thrustmaster F1 Wheel?

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 660 comments
BLACK86
hey just so you know its not mr latte saying that bad stuff about the t500, i thought it was when looking at the quote, kinda misleading.

Well aware he quoted the link he posted. ;)

Personally I'd put more weight into Owens opinions on this personally. I've raced with him online once and gotten smoked :grumpy:

(It was that FIA event Jav was running way back when I think I have improved a little since lol)

Sorry the guy who had a bit of a go on them.... OK use his opinion LOL

I see... Well then I am truly baffled why you'd need two motors to power FFB. Maybe it takes two of those motors to get somewhere in the range of the T500rs? Because I cant see very strong FFB in those videos. But alas, I wont hold that against them.

I await ISR to set the record straight. Unfortunately Fanatec made sure to buy off their main reviewer, Darrin. :grumpy:

Let us hope Tom Haake and Shaun Cole will be enough

I think they choose to use two motors in order to lower the cogging effect (when you make an electric motor spin in your hand, you can feel steps). If you use two motors, you can offset them in order to lower this effect)...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_cogging_effect

And I also think the total power allows real sized wheels...

K_Soze
I think they choose to use two motors in order to lower the cogging effect (when you make an electric motor spin in your hand, you can feel steps). If you use two motors, you can offset them in order to lower this effect)...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_cogging_effect

And I also think the total power allows real sized wheels...

Good point. I had ran some Neu Brushless motors in my R/C's and those def had serious cog when you spin them free. I was thinking that a sensored set up should be cog free.

Having to motors would really make sense. Basically one for each direction and they could work against or with just depending on needs. Imagine the centering strength of two would be superior.

Here is excited to be into Sim Racing as it revolves into serious equipment that blurs the reality line.

Fwiw the latest T500 update has helped the cog or step feeling. I used to be annoyed in sweepers by it. Note I am very very precise. Not the fastest but I run super consistent. This leads to things like this popping up.

I plan to buy a new wheel this spring considering my intuitions about how incredible the new wheels will be.

Like to get my kids into kart racing. So prob take T500 and purchase a bent used kart chassis. Mount wheel and a screen for training purposes. Muscle memory, race situations, just another tool to help improve/train drivers.

Good point. I had ran some Neu Brushless motors in my R/C's and those def had serious cog when you spin them free. I was thinking that a sensored set up should be cog free.

Having to motors would really make sense. Basically one for each direction and they could work against or with just depending on needs. Imagine the centering strength of two would be superior.

Here is excited to be into Sim Racing as it revolves into serious equipment that blurs the reality line.

Fwiw the latest T500 update has helped the cog or step feeling. I used to be annoyed in sweepers by it. Note I am very very precise. Not the fastest but I run super consistent. This leads to things like this popping up.

I plan to buy a new wheel this spring considering my intuitions about how incredible the new wheels will be.

Like to get my kids into kart racing. So prob take T500 and purchase a bent used kart chassis. Mount wheel and a screen for training purposes. Muscle memory, race situations, just another tool to help improve/train drivers.

Brushless motors are not cogging free :) The cogging effect is inherent to any electric motor. The brushless is for removing the weak part of "classic" motors : the brush that are physically in contact with the collector (I was used to do some RC 1/10 electric offroad all wheel drive race twenty years ago, and I was cleaning the brush all the time).

Brushless motors use a controller to know the angular position of the rotor in order to switch the magnetic field.

amf7 - can you stop spamming/bumping your site - this is about Thrustmaster F1 wheel, if you have nothing relevant to add then obstain. create your own thread for those that are interested and don't hijack this one!

amf7 - can you stop spamming/bumping your site - this is about Thrustmaster F1 wheel, if you have nothing relevant to add then obstain. create your own thread for those that are interested and don't hijack this one!

That is not what I am doing ... Visitor numbers make no difference to me after all its zero income also I am updating the story throughout the day and linking it everytime I do update it. Also the link is about the wheel so I don't think its irrelevant. Please if u don't like it don't use the link ... It's not like a pop up

I tend to agree. It is pretty much spam. Also, you really are not putting any info out that is not in this thread already.

If u guys think its spam ill stop posting the link no problem however of I do have something new I will definitely link it as it maybe useful sorry for annoying some of u

I agree, please stop spamming your site.

According to Shaun from ISR they will have some footage of this new wheel from Gamescom.

Source

amf7
If u guys think its spam ill stop posting the link no problem however of I do have something new I will definitely link it as it maybe useful sorry for annoying some of u

Its ok. You should link your site in your user profile that way it will be in every post you make.

LOL I have stopped read the previous message LOL and I wasn't doing it for personal gain just helping some of the people out :( I don't see what the problem is but I have stopped but like I said previously if I have something new I'll post it. Enough on this matter start talking about the wheel rather than shooting someone who is trying to be helpful

If you have something useful to post then post it directly here, otherwise if you post a link in all of your posts you come off as desperately trying to get some site traffic to your website.

You already have a link to your website on your signature, which appears in each and all of your posts (in addition to the ones you've added to many of your posts). If the people at GTP want to go to your website, they'll click this link.

Last edited:
Not quite like that people won't click if they don't know what's their also I have said many times numbers make no difference to me its a service and I don't make any money or pay any money.

Edit what do you think of the site itself.???

Caz
I tend to agree. It is pretty much spam. Also, you really are not putting any info out that is not in this thread already.

Well he only linked it about 9 times, so far :scared:

Things are getting really interesting on the hardware front this year.
Us gamers ain't ever had it so good.

Well he only linked it about 9 times, so far :scared:

LoL and i agree gamers have never had such a variety of wheels to choose from.
Lets hope logitech show their hands soon.

I agree. I know this isn't a concern for you Latte :P but for us guys that can't afford the way top of the line stuff, the T500RS and its shifter is a very good thing, since it introduced an additional player to the tier between the high end stuff like Frex/ECCI and Logitech/low end TM stuff.

👍

I love our hobby. :cheers:

Yeah we're getting really spoiled getting all this wonderful equipment coming out. It will be a great thing if Fanatec keeps their new equipment in stock and Thrustmaster just keeps plowing forward. I'm extremely happy with them in regards to the upcoming shifter and this recent development

My wife must be getting some sort of vibe somehow. She just asked earlier was I planning on getting another wheel. :scared:

Must.... continue.... to.. hide.... how much these things cost.....

Looks to have a T500 base with a couple of extra paddles. Anyone shed any light on this.

@willbuxton
Ferrari launch new playstation and PC steering wheel. Awesomeness.

f3aj.jpg

There seems to be a great fascination with the F1 Wheel, I feel so left out because I no interest at all, can someone please help me understand why these things are all the rage suddenly??
I was actually disappointed that the Fanatec Elite wheel was not shown with a GT style wheel, I feel pretty silly :dunce:

I'm just curious how much this is going to cost me...:(

150 for the wheel if you already have a T500RS (just swap it) and 600 for the whole package, like the T500RS.

Well IMZ, there are F1 fans out there which like these wheels. I myself am not a big fan of open wheelers, but I can understand that the true fans appreciate these wheels. Even if I'm not a fan I can appreciate the general badassery of this wheel, it just looks awesome, I mean just look at all those switches and dials...

Back