New trailer - Acura NSX concept + Seattle

• Thread starter sokira
  • 435 comments
untitled-23eqsd.gif

Only, what, five hours to go until we get the update....

I can see it containing more DLC but the C7 being the only one activated for now, so as not to take a shine off.

That makes no sense whatsoever. We already have GT5, a "complete" GT game on the PS3, why on earth would anyone want a stripped down, incomplete prologue after that?

The same reason Geneva concept exists. Little bit of money for PD to put to good use.

Like I said, they're probably not GT locations. That mountain top scene is clearly not in-game even in photomode quality, it's a render.

I disagree, and for the reasons given below in agreement!
Yep, just look how the car doesn't blend 100% accurately with the scene. Looks amazing but it's noticeable that it's a 3D model blended with a real-life scene and backplate reflections.

Somewhat similar technique that T10 does with some FM4 locations.

The seemingly insanely high-quality background is an image, I reckon. Well a set of images, so a movie, really. It perhaps couldn't run in-game at that speed (i.e. as a time lapse), but I bet it could be done close to real time (clouds and the sun don't move that fast). The foreground certainly is GT5 quality.

I don't think we'll see it in the game, though. Then again, the NASCAR pit stop photomode location is just as one-off.

Exciting stuff all the same.

I just can't get excited. Yes, the video shows us a new NSX, and possibly two new courses. One of which is obviously Seattle. (Google the Smith Tower in Seattle.) Yes, it seems that Willow Springs is in the C7 video. The only hope I have is come 7 o'clock my time, can I log in and download my spanking new Corvette. I doubt anything else will be attached to that dlc. Don't think we'll see in any of these new tracks in GT5. I even doubt we'll see them in GT6. Just seen to much hype to drink it all down with a glass of water. Plus, if I'm wrong, I'll be that much more excited. But, I doubt I will be.

Something BIG is coming today. The PS Store shows 16 DLC's for GT5 but only 13 appear.

Edit - Shows 13 again...Error on my part :(

Last edited:
Let's be honest, if you could have GT6 prologue for let's say £30, or GT5 XL for £20 which would you buy?

GT6: Prologue. I already have GT5 XL(Or it's EU equivalent) :sly:

In all honesty, I see where you are coming from but you can't deny that a GT6: Prologue would sell well.

I think that I'm the only GT fan who has learned that we don't get the new locations featured in trailers. They are made just for the trailers.

Remember the GT5 launch trailers with wind tunnels, El Capitan, and several other new photomode locations?......

We still don't have them.

There are still people who think GT6 is going to be on the PS3?

No way, they are on the verge of announcing Orbis. It makes sense for GT6 to launch soon after the release of the next Playstation (especially considering how they screwed up GT5's release - mid generation).

Something BIG is coming today. The PS Store shows 16 DLC's for GT5 but on 13 appear.

One of those would be the C7.

The other two could be anything. There's no guarantee any elements shown in the last two teaser trailers other than the C7 will be released today.

The same reason Geneva concept exists. Little bit of money for PD to put to good use.

Yes but that's a separate concept car game (and sold in tiny numbers, I might add), the whole point of a prologue is that it's, well, a prologue to the full game. If GT6 was going to be a PS3 game they would already have all of the GT5 content ready making a smaller, incomplete prologue game null and void.

ChevyFan1912
Something BIG is coming today. The PS Store shows 16 DLC's for GT5 but on 13 appear.

That is an interesting find. I wonder how big this update really is....

I also still have $8 in gt5 xl ps store money just in case :sly:

I think that I'm the only GT fan who has learned that we don't get the new locations featured in trailers. They are made just for the trailers.

Remember the GT5 launch trailers with wind tunnels, El Capitan, and several other new photomode locations?......

You are not the only fan that has learned this.

Now it shows 13 DLC....maybe I was seeing things?

How did it show 16?

True, but when PD continually screws us like this, all we can do use our imagination and pretend that they'll finally give it to us.

No, you are not... I'm on the same boat...

Said it earlier: PD are Trolling speciallists... :crazy:

There are currently 14 DLC items on the web store, 16 if you include the two family pack upgrades.

1. Car Pack 2
2. Car Pack 3
3. C7 Proto
4. Course Pack
5. Course Pack family upgrade
6. Complete Pack
7. Scion FR-S
8. Motegi
9. HSV-010
10. GT-R Academy
11. Racing Car pack
12. Racing car pack family upgrade
13. Racing gear pack
14. Special paint pack
15. Speed test pack
16. Subura BR-Z

I'm starting to get a tingling sensation in the pit of my stomach about this update.

On the other hand, that could be caused by the curry I just polished off

Back