new video "Drifting_For_Pro_vol.5 " added 04/06/12

man it just sick how good u drift

i'm try it for 3 week with my DFP but i cant get it to work wel if i take may DS2 its just on the role but i'm gone keep the practice on the wheel it must just be fun if i can get i to work

mike keep up with the nice vid's

Well, I couldn't resist clicking on that image:rolleyes: And then I couldn't bare to live with the thought of clicking on the little cross in the corner.....:eek:.....

Well, before you begin on reading my post, you might get absolutely crazy about so I made a sort of compressed smilie for my comment....in fact the smilie already excisted for these sort events: :eek:

NOW TURN ON THE CAPS LOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy::crazy::eek::eek::irked::boggled::crazy::eek:.....*going thrue my mind*:...........HOW on..........earth................:crazy::eek: I'm dead, this is the best VID I'VE EVER SEEN, these boundries are set up higher and higher EVERY DAMN DAY!!!!! IT'S REALLY LIKE THERE LIVE GODS AROUND HERE!!!:drool:
Now I USUALLY NEVER HAVE THIS IDEA WITH OTHER VIDS, BUT THIS IS A VID WHERE I THINK: WE SHOULD GET A GTP GT4 DRIFT DVD OUT IN THE STORES ALL AROUND THE WORLD!!!!!!!!! I'M SURE WE WOULD GET MONEY FOR SPONSORING GT4 FROM POLYPHONY:sly: I REALLY DO THINK THIS COULD BE SOLD!!!! AND GET US A WORLD WIDE REPUTATION!!!!!

Mostly with these vids. I aint got anything usefull to say to them, just drool, and :drool: smilies.

Mike, your a drift god, and that's meant seriously.
Interview "So how does it feel to be a god?":D

lol G-T-4 -FAN you are funny man.I still have fun there.

but I don't think that i'm gt4 drift god but I'm getting better and get skill for sure.
I don't have secret I'm often practice and only play at gt4 like in gt3.
I remebered that one time stanley carter asked me if we can make a huge drift like in gt3.
now I thinks that it's more that possible

thanks for the coments

If you haven't already, TS's centrifuge 3 is some great proof for being able to drift huge corners. You did already with that mercedes in your vid, great turn. But I wonder: are these corners, beautifull in your eyes too, or is this getting standard for you:scared:

getting standart for me, no I can't say that and before I must congratulate TS for his vid.
before try to make an huge link drift like that you must find the perfect trajectory and only one is working. inside/outside/inside
inside of the first corner to outside of the straight line to inside of the second corner and you must have a good speed and a good angle.
for sure my team love this type of drifting (I remember "Do You Like LinK Drift" ).
with gt3 this type of drifting had begun to be more easy for not say begun to be our style but now ! the difference is in the wheel rotation lol

mike le chat no
getting standart for me, no I can't say that and before I must congratulate TS for his vid.
before try to make an huge link drift like that you must find the perfect trajectory and only one is working. inside/outside/inside
inside of the first corner to outside of the straight line to inside of the second corner and you must have a good speed and a good angle.
for sure my team love this type of drifting (I remember "Do You Like LinK Drift" ).
with gt3 this type of drifting had begun to be more easy for not say begun to be our style but now ! the difference is in the wheel rotation lol

Ha well thanks mate, for the tip:tup: Or at least say what makes such a long drift.

mike le chat no
lol G-T-4 -FAN you are funny man.I still have fun there.

but I don't think that i'm gt4 drift god but I'm getting better and get skill for sure.
I don't have secret I'm often practice and only play at gt4 like in gt3.
I remebered that one time stanley carter asked me if we can make a huge drift like in gt3.
now I thinks that it's more that possible

thanks for the coments

You use 70% of the gas to move the car during the drift huh?

One question about your technique in your vid, I saw at 3.06 and 3.16 in the timeline of your vid that those pretty long corners you made were not flat out on the gas but like 4/5th of the gas. Now I have problems in these long drifts that I always go much to far to the inside of the corner instead of drifting in one smooth line around the corner, you know, when you end up in the inside grass of the corner? I wonder if that's because I keep my foot on the gas flat out instead of 4/5th like you do?

It's pretty difficult to explain, but I'm sure you would be able to recognize this if this happened to you before, and if someone else has a solution instead of Mike Le Chat Noir, please feel free to post it.

Well I just saw what T07 posted, but I wonder what happens if you don't use 4/5 or 70% of the gas, do you get to far to the inside instead of going sideways?

Wow, Mike! That's one über drift vid!
I would love to have the sets to the Corvette Grand Sport, if you could post it?

downloading…

G-T-4-Fan
… I have problems in these long drifts that I always go much to far to the inside of the corner…and if someone else has a solution instead of Mike Le Chat Noir, please feel free to post it.

my answer for you would be:
  • more throttle equals more wheelspin, equals less grip @ rear wheels, equals increasing drift angle. to maintain the desired drift angle you need to balance both countersteer and throttle.
  • if you get too far to the inside of the curve this is probably due to low entry speed. higher speed equals bigger radius. inadequate countersteer could also be part of the problem.
(i am talking about RWD drifting here)

Yeah but then my RPM's drop and I get moving towards the direction I'm pointing at, wich is mostly the inside of the corner (can't think of another direction you can point in while drifting:lol: )

G-T-4-Fan
Yeah but then my RPM's drop and I get moving towards the direction I'm pointing at, wich is mostly the inside of the corner (can't think of another direction you can point in while drifting:lol: )

alright, now i get it. sorry! you might have wheelbite because you car hasn't enough power to maintain the drift (are you maybe using a lotus elise? light and fast, but not too powerful). cure for the problem is either the increase of engine power or the usage of tires which are less grippy (or both, of course).

just finished downloading!!!

oh meeerde! mike, j'ai jamais vu une meilleure video dans la section GT4 du forum. mad skillz! je veux te dire un grand merci pour nous donner tous les settings en détail, est-ce que c'est gentil ou quoi?! je pense que ça t'a donné pas mal de travail! merci beaucoup! :cheers:

et en plus, j'aime beaucoup ton track "bois dormant" a la fin du vidéo. est-ce que c'est méchant si je le pose sur mon ipod pour utilisation personnelle? seulement si tu est content.

mike le chat noir
the next Gt4 video will be the first with all my team.
great to hear that! team FBI rules. can't wait to see that one...

Mr. Apex
alright, now i get it. sorry! you might have wheelbite because you car hasn't enough power to maintain the drift (are you maybe using a lotus elise? light and fast, but not too powerful). cure for the problem is either the increase of engine power or the usage of tires which are less grippy (or both, of course).

just finished downloading!!!

oh meeerde! mike, j'ai jamais vu une meilleure video dans la section GT4 du forum. mad skillz! je veux te dire un grand merci pour nous donner tous les settings en détail, est-ce que c'est gentil ou quoi?! je pense que ça t'a donné pas mal de travail! merci beaucoup! :cheers:

et en plus, j'aime beaucoup ton track "bois dormant" a la fin du vidéo. est-ce que c'est méchant si je le pose sur mon ipod pour utilisation personnelle? seulement si tu est content.

great to hear that! team FBI rules. can't wait to see that one...

Ah thanks mate, for the tip:tup: I'm using a 250BHP S2000 so would this be the problem? And well............the french(??!!) I hope I understand it just a test:

omg, *and then something about.........about my idea for a whole drift vid of the GT4 drift forum together maybe*? Those are mad skills (offcourse) I want to thank you for posting up those settings in such detail, *then something I don't really understand* I'm......thinking(?)....to give(donner right?).......(pas mal:irked:??!!).......my/a trip/journey:odd:?????!!!!!

Well this is my "terrible francais:indiff:" Hope I got close:lol:

G-T-4-Fan
Ah thanks mate, for the tip:tup: I'm using a 250BHP S2000 so would this be the problem?

depends on tire choice, but probably yes. check mike le chat noir's S2K settings. i mean he's got 400-plus horses and N1 tires. 250 BHP in a S2K might be enough for a small course with tight bends like tsukuba, but if you have bigger, longer corners you just need more grunt to keep the rear wheels fully lit.

G-T-4-Fan
then something I don't really understand

sorry for that :lol: was just sayin "oh sheeet, i've never seen a better vid in the GT4 section of this forum. mad skillz! want to say thank you for giving us all the settings in detail, ain't that nice? i think that added quite a bit of extra work. thanks a lot." i think you got pretty close though!

guess my french can be labeled as "remixed" as well :crazy:

Mike, i've got a question...

I remember you said you are using no assists and strong force feedback. May I ask which DFP setting you use for 900° drifting? Simulation or Pro?

Mr. Apex
sorry for that :lol: was just sayin "oh sheeet, i've never seen a better vid in the GT4 section of this forum. mad skillz! want to say thank you for giving us all the settings in detail, ain't that nice? i think that added quite a bit of extra work. thanks a lot." i think you got pretty close though!

guess my french can be labeled as "remixed" as well :crazy:

No I suck at french, that's it, it's just that I somehow recognized some words I could translate, and then imagined what you were tryeing to say:lol:

whoa, another video by team FBI, and by the looks of the comments/replies by the majority, this one seems like a very nice one, downloading it right now... can't wait :)

update: WHOA MIKE!! that was just... just... I'm speechless... it's AWESOME!!
I loved the beginning part where you show the ingame driver counter-steering and stuff, that's so cool, I've been wanting to see that in some of the drift videos, and you've done it, props to that, simply nice to watch indeed.

and talk about the video, not much special effects here, but I like it, cause you emphasize more on the action, and the action just kepts on coming, glad to see the drifting around traffic from your GT3 vids are coming back here in GT4, those are one of the most hardcore drift action I've seen, and the action just wouldn't stop, the video is long, but it gets better and better and the latter part, just wow~~ lol :D

one more thing, I'm so thrilled to see you achieving those superbly long drifts just like in GT3, you proved that its freakin possible, and damn those drifts looked soo bad*ass in GT4, I'm stunned by the video, top favourites man... good job, great job on the video, the drifts, and the musics are good as well. I'm a big big fan of Team FBI now lol.

Stanley^Carter
whoa, another video by team FBI, and by the looks of the comments/replies by the majority, this one seems like a very nice one, downloading it right now... can't wait :)

update: WHOA MIKE!! that was just... just... I'm speechless... it's AWESOME!!
I loved the beginning part where you show the ingame driver counter-steering and stuff, that's so cool, I've been wanting to see that in some of the drift videos, and you've done it, props to that, simply nice to watch indeed.

and talk about the video, not much special effects here, but I like it, cause you emphasize more on the action, and the action just kepts on coming, glad to see the drifting around traffic from your GT3 vids are coming back here in GT4, those are one of the most hardcore drift action I've seen, and the action just wouldn't stop, the video is long, but it gets better and better and the latter part, just wow~~ lol :D

one more thing, I'm so thrilled to see you achieving those superbly long drifts just like in GT3, you proved that its freakin possible, and damn those drifts looked soo bad*ass in GT4, I'm stunned by the video, top favourites man... good job, great job on the video, the drifts, and the musics are good as well. I'm a big big fan of Team FBI now lol.

Well since it's more difficult, I think those drifts of normal but long drifts in GT3, get glamorous in GT4, it's just EVEN MORE of an art now:sly::cool:
But since I've got 900mode DFP now, it's not just: "well I think I'm going for a relax drift in GT3 now(with the DS2 back then)", it's a constant fight, only when you see the results, it gets rewarding:idea:

WOW Mike!!
This is a insane drift vid!! :drool:
Good driving,nice action and vieuwing points. 👍 👍 👍
Love it!!
And the drifting wrong way is also sick!! :scared:
Keep up the good work.

Mike je dois dire que c'est le meilleur video de travers que j'ai vue et ton pilotage est sans faille continue ton bon travaille

i have a question, that song "bois dormant" i wonder where i can get it, i know that u made it but its really nice song and i wanted to know if u can send it to me or give me a link to it so i can listen to it on the fly.

Drifter5
i have a question, that song "bois dormant" i wonder where i can get it, i know that u made it but its really nice song and i wanted to know if u can send it to me or give me a link to it so i can listen to it on the fly.

Yeah, I think Mike should put out an album soon! I would definitely buy it.
:dopey:

Back