Next Forza DLC Track and Cars?

• Thread starter symo63
  • 189 comments
Well the negative would be for us that did not buy the car pass. So instead of it keeping the hardcore happy like they claimed it's only keeping a certain amount happy.

Other people are getting stuff for free?! This is outrageous!! :rolleyes:

Other people are getting stuff for free?! This is outrageous!! :rolleyes:
The season pass is not free. You somehow missed the point entirely though...The announcement today was nothing to do with the "Hardcore" like they claimed yesterday.

Last edited:
The season pass is not free.

Never said it was.

The Season Pass was at a set price for a set number of car packs. Anything received in excess of that without additional cost could be considered to be free.

The announcement today was nothing to do with the "Hardcore" like they claimed yesterday.

Depends on your definition of hardcore. Do you mean hardcore racing fans, or hardcore Forza fans?

Hardcore Forza fans are highly likely to have the season pass, and will be very happy.

Depends on your definition of hardcore. Do you mean hardcore racing fans, or hardcore Forza fans?

Hardcore Forza fans are highly likely to have the season pass, and will be very happy.

It was T10 that used the term Hardcore not myself however i suspect it was meant as Hardcore gamers as that is what the term usually refers to.

That's an interesting theory and one that dont match up on the official Forza forums or Facebook. I know many Hardcore Forza fans including myself and none of us have bought the season pass.

That's an interesting theory and one that dont match up on the official Forza forums or Facebook. I know many Hardcore Forza fans including myself and none of us have bought the season pass.

Do you think that T10 were referring to you when they said "hardcore"? Or is there a possibility that they meant a group of people that didn't include you?

I suspect anyone who self-labels as a hardcore Forza fan and yet spends their time chucking rocks at FM5 isn't what T10 consider a hardcore fan. At best you're a highly discriminating and critical buyer.

Do you think that T10 were referring to you when they said "hardcore"? Or is there a possibility that they meant a group of people that didn't include you?

I suspect anyone who self-labels as a hardcore Forza fan and yet spends their time chucking rocks at FM5 isn't what T10 consider a hardcore fan. At best you're a highly discriminating and critical buyer.

Hardcore fans are not plebs who just think everything is rosey so no need to speak out. Im also a hardcore FPS fan and do you really think us folk should not give Dice & EA **** for Battlefield 4?

You guys have a strange mentality on here compared to Forza's two main sites (official & Facebook) It's like the T10 Defence Force :lol:

Last edited:
You guys have a strange mentality on here compared to Forza's two main sites (official & Facebook) It's like the T10 defence Force :lol:

I'm merely pointing out that what you consider to be a hardcore fan and what T10 consider to be a hardcore fan may not be the same thing. And given that they're the ones that said it, it's their definition that matters.

I don't even own FM5 or an X1, before you start accusing me of anything. There's plenty of stuff T10 should rightly be criticised for, but I think it's more a case of sour grapes here if you're trying to say that there's something negative about them giving more content away for free.

I'm merely pointing out that what you consider to be a hardcore fan and what T10 consider to be a hardcore fan may not be the same thing. And given that they're the ones that said it, it's their definition that matters.

I don't even own FM5 or an X1, before you start accusing me of anything. There's plenty of stuff T10 should rightly be criticised for, but I think it's more a case of sour grapes here if you're trying to say that there's something negative about them giving more content away for free.

That's a shame you dont have the game. If you did you would understand why T10 have been getting it tight from all directions.

Do you not think they should fix the game rather than constantly putting out DLC every single month? The game has well over 260 cars...The amount of cars is not the problem with Forza so those like myself who want the game fixed get annoyed when they claimed they have an announcement that will keep the Hardcore happy... the only people they kept happy were the ones who kept MS happy by buying the season pass.

What the hardcore REALLY want is the game to be fixed.

Dont you think they should fix the game rather than constantly putting out DLC every single month?

I do think they should fix the game.

I don't think that fixing the game and putting out DLC are mutually exclusive. In very few cases are the people who model the cars the same as the people doing bug fixes.

The game has well over 260 cars...The amount of cars is not the problem with Forza.

I agree with you entirely. It has more than enough cars.

Then again, there was at release and still is a fairly large outcry over how limited the amount of content is compared to FM4 (and presumably compared to GT6 as well). I can see how they would think it important to continue releasing content.

Not to ignore the fact that they have to keep making content all the time simply to have enough for the next step up to FM6. Since they need to make the cars anyway for the next iteration, they might as well get some quick cash out of them by adding some as DLC to the current game.

Do I like the cash grab style of business? Not really. I don't buy DLC unless it represents spectacular value for money or gives something completely unique. But I can recognise that it's a good business model for T10 in the sense that it maximises profit, and it really doesn't harm me in that otherwise the first I would have seen of those cars was FM6 (bar possibly the first pack or two that would need to be done early).

TLDR; We get content DLC whether we like it or not. That doesn't affect whether or not they're doing bug fixes. Yes, they should be. The two things are not related.

I do think they should fix the game.

I don't think that fixing the game and putting out DLC are mutually exclusive. In very few cases are the people who model the cars the same as the people doing bug fixes.

I agree with you entirely. It has more than enough cars.

Then again, there was at release and still is a fairly large outcry over how limited the amount of content is compared to FM4 (and presumably compared to GT6 as well). I can see how they would think it important to continue releasing content.

Not to ignore the fact that they have to keep making content all the time simply to have enough for the next step up to FM6. Since they need to make the cars anyway for the next iteration, they might as well get some quick cash out of them by adding some as DLC to the current game.

Do I like the cash grab style of business? Not really. I don't buy DLC unless it represents spectacular value for money or gives something completely unique. But I can recognise that it's a good business model for T10 in the sense that it maximises profit, and it really doesn't harm me in that otherwise the first I would have seen of those cars was FM6 (bar possibly the first pack or two that would need to be done early).

TLDR; We get content DLC whether we like it or not. That doesn't affect whether or not they're doing bug fixes. Yes, they should be. The two things are not related.

This is the problem, Right now it looks as if they are mutually exclusives as we are only getting one rather than both.

I jumped on every single bit of DLC for Forza 4 and Horizon...The main reason why im not doing the same again this time round is due to them not fixing the game...Why constantly give them money when they have little interest in fixing the game? I'd be buying more cars to play in the same game that needs fixed...Does not make sense.

How hard can it be to put in the distance times? The option for it is in the menu yet it's not in the game...No doubt they are keeping this little feature for Forza 6 that is how bad i think T10 have become which is such a shame as they were great devs and very community orientated which is no longer the case.

I guess everything comes to and end (GT due to Forza) With PCars and AC coming i guess they could be the new kings in town.

Last edited:
This is the problem, Right now it looks as if they are mutually exclusives as we are only getting one rather than both.

The only reason I can think of why they would be mutually exclusive is that there's only money available to pay for the manpower to do one.

Somehow, I doubt that's the problem.

Really, you're just pissed that they're not doing the bug fixes. Rightly so. They're not exactly unique in this, but it doesn't make it any more right. I get pissed off at every developer that doesn't fix up their games. And the correct thing is indeed not to give them money for a game you're dissatisfied with.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree by blaming it on the DLC though. Correlation does not equal causation. Just because you're getting DLC, doesn't mean that's the reason you're not getting bug fixes. You could be getting either, both, or neither.

They'll be making FM6 available too (presumably), and that's far more likely to be a reason for not getting bug fixes in FM5: all the programmers are busy beavering away on the next iteration.

That's a shame you dont have the game. If you did you would understand why T10 have been getting it tight from all directions.

Do you not think they should fix the game rather than constantly putting out DLC every single month? The game has well over 260 cars...The amount of cars is not the problem with Forza so those like myself who want the game fixed get annoyed when they claimed they have an announcement that will keep the Hardcore happy... the only people they kept happy were the ones who kept MS happy by buying the season pass.

What UkHardcore23 REALLY wants is the game to be fixed.
Fixed for accuracy. Don't attempt to act like you know what the "hardcore" fanbase wants when you sit here & bitch at us as fanboys.

They'll be making FM6 available too (presumably), and that's far more likely to be a reason for not getting bug fixes in FM5: all the programmers are busy beavering away on the next iteration.

Yeah pretty much.

Fixed for accuracy. Don't attempt to act like you know what the "hardcore" fanbase wants when you sit here & bitch at us as fanboys.

It's clear from reading the official Forza site and Forza 5 facebook that the "hardcore" fanbase want the game fixed.

Why on earth would you not?

You've already been told before about trying to use the official forums as a basis for the general opinion. And Facebook? You mean the one thing that's only surpassed by YouTube in terms of ridiculousness when it comes to commenting?
I will take the hundreds of views from them long before a mere few on here as the general consensus.

Now if you can prove me wrong about the hardcore do not want the game fixed then please dont keep it to yourself as everything i have seen suggests otherwise.

I will take the hundreds of views from them long before a mere few on here as the general consensus.
Except no one on here as tried to act like their opinion represents what the fanbase thinks. Ironically, except you.
Now if you can prove me wrong about the hardcore do not want the game fixed then please dont keep it to yourself as everything i have seen suggests otherwise.
Again, you're not even a hardcore fan, so how would you even know? As said right above this, you act like your opinion is a representative of everyone not on here.

At best you're a highly discriminating and critical buyer.

Except no one on here as tried to act like their opinion represents what the fanbase thinks. Ironically, except you.

Again, you're not even a hardcore fan, so how would you even know? As said right above this, you act like your opinion is a representative of everyone not on here.

Im not going off just my views though im i? Im going off the 10,000's of thousands of posts since the release of Forza by the Forza community. Again you need to prove me wrong you need to show that the hardcore fanbase for Forza or even just the Forza community dont want the game fixing. Lets just get to the nitty gritty and get to some facts...I could show you thousands upon thousands of posts of people that want T10 to fix things in Forza 5....what is it you have to say they dont? Try not to body swerve the question this time like a politician.

Haha you dont know me, I've more than likely put more hours into the Forza series at this point than you will do in your lifetime. Being Hardcore is not being some kind of defence force like yourself.

Last edited:
Im not going off just my views though im i? Im going off the 10,000's of thousands of posts since the release of Forza by the Forza community.
10,000's of thousands? There's only 30,000 posts in the main discussion forum. :facelpalm:

Again you need to prove me wrong you need to show that the hardcore fanbase for Forza or even just the Forza community dont want the game fixing. Lets just get to the nitty gritty and get to some facts...I could show you thousands upon thousands of posts of people that want T10 to fix things in Forza 5....what is it you have to say they dont? Try not to body swerve the question this time like a politician.
As you've proved before, debating is a foreign activity to you. You made the claim, you back it up.

Thousands upon thousands? Better get some coffee and start on it, then. I expect a counter to prove your point.
Haha you dont know me, I've more than likely put more hours into the Forza series at this point than you will do in your lifetime. Being Hardcore is not being some kind of defence force like yourself.
And that's something to brag about? :lol:

There is no defense force here, just responses to your thoughts you clearly pull out of your rear repeatedly. It's a surprise you haven't suffocated yourself being so far in.

Wow fantastic news, I didn't expect DLC to end at all, kinda figured they would do a 'car pass 2' or something but to get 2 more and for free (for hardcore car pass owners like myself), sure makes me happy.

10,000's of thousands? There's only 30,000 posts in the main discussion forum. :facelpalm:

As you've proved before, debating is a foreign activity to you. You made the claim, you back it up.

Thousands upon thousands? Better get some coffee and start on it, then. I expect a counter to prove your point.

And that's something to brag about? :lol:

There is no defense force here, just responses to your thoughts you clearly pull out of your rear repeatedly. It's a surprise you haven't suffocated yourself being so far in.
Surprise Surprise you have nothing, You dont want the game fixed but many many of the Forza Community do. As i said i could show you 10,000's of posts but since you have **** all i have no need to.

Just you continue to live in your own wee world of Forza 5 is perfect and nothing needs fixing apart from more cars from DLC.

Surprise Surprise you have nothing, You dont want the game fixed but many many of the Forza Community do. As i said i could show you 10,000's of posts but since you have **** all i have no need to.

You're still not getting how it works. You make the claim, you provide the evidence.

I haven't seen anyone claim that the hardcore DON'T want stuff fixed, they're merely doubting your assertion that the hardcore (whatever that group name means) want more than anything is fixes.

You've also claimed that there are tens of thousands of posts on the Forza forums, presumably from hardcore fans although I'm not entirely sure how you'd be able to tell. McLaren has already pointed out that with 30k posts total at best you're exaggerating massively.

I don't follow Forza as closely as GT, but I think I'd be hard pressed to find anything that the "hardcore" of GT all want. Course Maker maybe, but even then there's a reasonable amount of people who simply aren't interested in it. Generalising is usually not that great an idea, and if you're going to make statements for large groups of people, it would be helpful to have something back it up with. Polls? Petitions? Anything that shows that it's not just the vocal minority doing what the vocal minority does.

Again, don't make the mistake of thinking that this is defense of bugs in Forza, or that I'm asserting that the hardcore don't want things fixed. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. You made the assertion that they do, now you defend it.

Just you continue to live in your own wee world of Forza 5 is perfect and nothing needs fixing apart from more cars from DLC.
Since you've made yourself ambassador of Forza and speak for all of us, can we start putting our requests through you? I figure we should leave it up to you to decide what the community should want from the game.

I don't know what the fuss is about; 5 is a fantastic game. So if being entirely satisfied in something makes me part of the T10 defence force then so be it.

You want to level numerous criticisms at Forza, but there are very few fundamental flaws in this game compared to GT6. That game features terrible LOD issues, rubber banding like I haven't seen since the PS1 and a lack of money earning opportunities so everything is put beyond a tedious grinding mechanism. Those are game-breaking flaws that put me off playing it. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with Forza 5 that would stop you getting deep into it.

VXR
I don't know what the fuss is about; 5 is a fantastic game. So if being entirely satisfied in something makes me part of the T10 defence force then so be it.

You want to level numerous criticisms at Forza, but there are very few fundamental flaws in this game compared to GT6. That game features terrible LOD issues, rubber banding like I haven't seen since the PS1 and a lack of money earning opportunities so everything is put beyond a tedious grinding mechanism. Those are game-breaking flaws that put me off playing it. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with Forza 5 that would stop you getting deep into it.
Gameplay wise it's great but lets face it it's not the Forza we grew up with and loved. They cannot get basic things right like race results, Distance times or Online setup to name a quick few....Have you tried finding paints in the game? It's like some twisted **** just to annoy you.

Not played GT6 but it's got nothing to do with Forza 5's flaws.

Since you've made yourself ambassador of Forza and speak for all of us, can we start putting our requests through you? I figure we should leave it up to you to decide what the community should want from the game.

Fire away. Dont ask for yet more DLC filled with Forza 4 cars though.

Last edited:
Prove it then. Otherwise, you're the one with nothing.
I never said it was perfect to start with. Prove your points or stop bull****ing.

Prove it then. Otherwise, you're the one with nothing.

I never said it was perfect to start with. Prove your points or stop bull****ing.
Bull****ting? It's all over the net you clown. GTPlanet is the only place that does not have people speaking out against Forza other than myself.

You have got nothing to back up your daft arse claims, You dont want the game fixed along with ya wee crew who like every post you make :lol: Alot of us do want it fixed and are fed up of the bombardment of DLC...Weird as **** you cannot accept that. So far up T10's arse!

Bull****ting? It's all over the net you clown. GTPlanet is the only place that does not have people speaking out against Forza other than myself.

I'm all for a heated debate so long as it's kept clean, but even I've had just about enough of your nonsense.

First off, you're not the Messiah you think yourself to be; look through the entire Forza forum and you'll find plenty of criticisms against 5. That argument wouldn't hold an ounce of its own weight in the Gran Turismo forum and that has a number of astute apologists.

Secondly, watch the language.

Back