Next Forza Motorsport Game Revealed, Apparently Isn't Called Forza Motorsport 8

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 8' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 23, 2020.

1. dirtydog

dirtydog

^ I did notice that the trailer was pointedly lacking in actual diversity. There is clearly an agenda Microsoft are pushing strongly, which is their right, but some of us just want to play a racing game, not have a particular divisive political agenda rammed down our throats.

2. Auditore

Auditore

Forza really likes the corkscrew.

Stefan Clift likes this.
  3. Apple Slipper

Apple Slipper

I mean, the corkscrew is an iconic and dynamic part of Mazda/WeatherTech Laguna Seca Raceway. Perfect part of the track for recording footage.

GregDrou and beyond72 like this.
  4. KaiB

KaiB

This…, i think they showed nothing from the game if in the other hand it´s actually game engine looked artificial and fake has hell XD car movements looked so strange.
    I think was just a small trailer to tells us that they are working and in early development witch means game still far away from release, just look at Halo example.., great looking in the intro but when we saw gameplay omg.., so no Forza gameplay there are nothing to compare and Gt7 in this department seems to be far ahead.

CTznOfTime likes this.
  5. SimTourist

SimTourist

I don't see the problem because Forza is the only one doing this stuff, every other racing sim is dead serious, you look at PCars, Assetto, Raceroom, iRacing, Automobilista and whatever else and they have little to distinguish themselves from each other aside from physics. In the process of chasing simulation they lose any sense of personality. Well aside from PCars I guess, they pride themselves on the amount of bugs and having bad controller implementation. Other than that they all look more or less the same to the point where I have trouble telling them apart without labels.

Vigne likes this.
  6. LuxUltime

LuxUltime

:cheers:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    Ramosis and GBalao888 like this.
  7. GregDrou

GregDrou

They did if you look at the trailer

8. Chubbymudkip

Chubbymudkip

Hmm I didn't even know they still were lacking fuel/tire wear or weather. But yeah I basically get that they could do both, I'm just worried about "executives" with "vision" trying to "refresh" the brand without the community in mind. I'm hoping this teaser was essentially a glorified tech demo.

9. o000o

o000o

It kinda feels like the console itself. I thought many people would predict that the Xbox 360 successor will be Xbox 720, but intstead it's named Xbox ONE. Same case for Forza Motorsport.

Ironic that, it's turned around. PD is the one notorious for being a slowpoke (they probably still is for GT7), and if anything, they'll be the rushed ones to catch up to others, while Turn10, with much bigger number of employee, can work in a much faster pace, to the point that FM's main games amount have overtaken GT's. Now here, Turn10 is the slower one where the trailer is rushed to respond to GT7 and they're the incomplete ones?!

10. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

11. dirtydog

dirtydog

Does anyone else ever think that Turn 10 don't see the wood for the trees with all this stuff? I play a lot of Forza Horizon 4 which of course does not have ray-tracing and I never think to myself 'pfft, if only this game had more realistic reflections and lighting, THEN it would be great'. It's already great. It already looks realistic enough in terms of lighting and reflections. The cars reflect the surroundings. I know it's not truly realistic, it's an illusion or approximation or whatever, but it doesn't matter, it's good enough. You do not notice these things whatsoever while playing, or even particularly when you look closely either. Unless you REALLY want to nit-pick, and do most gamers really think FH4's lighting and reflections are actually a problem?

So while Turn 10 focus on these relatively minor and unimportant issues, are they going to address the multitude of failings and shortcomings in the actual GAME itself? Do these people know much about real cars and actual racing? Will the new game still have the stupid flapping mirrors, wipers and spoilers which look like they are about to shake themselves loose, while you drive at a pedestrian pace down a billiard-table smooth road? Will the new game have decent replays, which even in FM7 and FH4 are still very poor compared to even the likes of Gran Turismo 4 on the ancient PS2? Will it show time intervals between players like even the more casual FH4 does, or will it still use distance?

These devs promised the Earth before FM7 and largely failed to deliver any of it. They rely on gimmicks like parroting the resolution or framerate. Now they're relying on gimmicks like a wheel may have slightly better reflections. Who cares. Not many people care about that stuff.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  12. Qotisfiya

Qotisfiya

All they have to do is bring back FM4 VIBES with all the content they have accumulated and BOOM .

Here’s hoping they can knock it out the ball park this time.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Still no VR.

14. rhalgr

rhalgr

15. JoseDiaz

JoseDiaz

8 looks better, there is a difference.

ALAN ULTIMATE likes this.
  16. Nigrick

Nigrick

Where is the Dan Greenawalt btw. I kinda miss his Forza sales pitch.

17. TheOE

TheOE

Im happy Chris Ezaki has taken his spot... also what happened to that other guy that has the same name as someone from NFS? I think Ryan Cooper. He had a leading role in FM7s Development and seems to have vanished

18. Morbid65

Morbid65

I don't. I always felt like he talked to us like we were children.

Everything was always catchphrases like "gamers into car enthusiasts and car enthusiasts into gamers" and that kinda useless painfully obvious PR speak, that didn't make him seem genuine. I've also never seen him address a "tough" question, making it seem like he (and by extension, T10) wouldn't acknowledge any issue or difficult subject and instead just throw more "60 frames, Forzavista, 700 cars" stats at us instead.

19. Stefan Clift

Stefan Clift

Was a boring trailer, not hyped for this one. It showed a clip of the Apollo going down the corkscrew, then later we saw an Apollo race down the corkscrew. I’m pretty sure further on we had a glimpse of the Apollo...tumble down the corkscrew. But credit where it’s due, Laguna Seca looks to have had a revamp...although maybe just on the corkscrew, who knows

Possible indication of new laser scanning? If so, maybe less content than FM7?
    6D418865-AC54-438A-A42B-272F7DF1FD97.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2020
  20. Frank McGank

Frank McGank

Forza has technically had fuel and tyre wear since FM2 at least. But it has NEVER been used to any meaningful degree. No races in either career or MP are long enough to where it becomes a factor, so you essentially never experience it. Because different tyre compounds aren’t available, strategy plays no part.
    They tried to implement changing time and weather in FM7, but it was the laziest attempt I’ve ever seen. The ‘‘weather’’ could only be experinced by selecting a ‘chance of rain’ option in the race setup, which would load up a special ‘wet’ version of the circuit. You’d already be on rain tyres, and the weather randomly cycled between raining and cloudy. Same thing with night races, you’d essentially click whether you wanted the race to be day or night. If you picked night, it would start the race at twilight and would progress to full dark (or start in the dark and progress to dawn). No actual full 24h cycle, just the same 6h cycle over and over. Not truly dynamic in either case. I don’t know why T10 has dragged their feet on that stuff for so long, GT6 could make it work on the PS3 badk in 2013.

CTznOfTime and Morbid65 like this.
  21. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

If you select the "long race" option in FM7's career mode, fuel and tire wear become a factor, as some race exceed 45 minutes, and there's no way your tires are going to last that long. Ditto the endurance races, especially the 3h one around Sebring.

CTznOfTime likes this.
  22. ALAN ULTIMATE

ALAN ULTIMATE

Shame we didn't actually get any actual gameplay, but the short trailer looked good at least to my eyes!

23. turk1993

turk1993

They are using photogrammetry for the environments this time, its the same tech they used for the Dubai track. Its one of the most accurate ways to recreate a environment as you basicly just copy the texture and geometry of the real thing. And the track it self is laserscanned ofcourse.
    [​IMG]

CTznOfTime and TokoTurismo like this.
  24. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Ohhh! :O I loved T10's presentation of this, and what they can achieve with said tech for Forza Motorsport's real life tracks. The tracks will look more realistic than even GT7. The trailer being "in-engine" is probably an idea what T10 wants/plans to achieve for the new title, and I say go for it!

Just wish they have shown more of the track because the trailer was the most beautiful of I've this gen. Hope we hear more about Forza Motorsport come Monday on Forza Monthly.

Apple Slipper and turk1993 like this.
  25. turk1993

turk1993

I also can't wait to see more, i want to see rain in the night on Fujikaido with ray traced puddles and windshield poured with water where you barely see anything with 3d audio where you hear every raindrop and engine noise spread around the moutains :).

Vigne and TokoTurismo like this.
  26. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

If you read the article on the Forza Hub app, it confirms that this will be PC and Series X only. It also says it will be available on Game Pass.

Seeing as they're working on this at the same time as the next Horizon, plus some of the language they've been using, I have a suspicion that Motorsport and Horizon will be connected in some way.

CTznOfTime and TokoTurismo like this.
  27. GT7mebe

GT7mebe (Banned)

Its in engine which means it could very well be prerendered.

This is not indicative of gameplay.

Bear in mind that said high quality assets are too large to be used in most games, so much time is spent by studios (T10 mentions outsourcing as the next bullet point), downgrading the geometry and textures to fit real time rendering pipeline.

CTznOfTime, fikridroid and Dave A like this.
  28. TeamCZRRacing

TeamCZRRacing Premium

I'm just hoping that they wind up calling this FM8. Imagine having three Forza 1s! Motorsport 1, Horizon 1, and another Motorsport 1. Getting Xbox One flashbacks here.

29. Vigne

Vigne

Do we know this for sure? I've had a feeling that they'd be connected given the fact that if FH5 was planned it would be released a very long time after 4, but I don't remember them ever actually mentioning it.

30. Castrol96

Castrol96

Forza Original tracks tracks are way better in detail and design than PD recently.