Next Gran Turismo Will be a 'Combination of Past, Present, and Future'

I like to use the Custom Race option which is very good with a limited offline challenge. I hope and presume that will come to any new game. I didn't realise how much I disliked the rolling starts, :mad: as every game I make is a grid start. :lol: I hope they vary the way races start for offline challenges, rolling and grid starts. And vary the distance between cars for rolling car challenges. And have that as an option for custom races too.

I would like the custom race part to have more options, particularly the option to choose cars are in the race, particular cars, by country, by brand, by age range, as many option as possible. I don't set up races with road cars, as occasionally there is one or two cars that stand out as not belonging, like the pick ups towering over the other cars. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The custom race options should be increased. I’d love to be able to set up a race that features classic JDM or Italian Supercars. And I’m hoping either that, or an event creator, will comprise the “future” element. I don’t think it’s impossible. It seems like the next logical step in customization options.

Last edited:
That's because they've not increased the number of laps, so where you only had to overtake 5 cars to win, you've now got to overtake 15 or even 19, overcoming maybe a 40s gap to the leader, so to have a chance, the speed differential needs to be huge. Add in the huge speed boost the AI gets when you're in the lead, and the offline racing becomes a bit of a joke, plus it's training players to just smash their way to the front which a lot of them clearly carry over into sport mode.

In fairness to PD, I do like the way they've made some of the AI fallible, especially at the beginner level where if you get alongside, you can psych them out into either braking too early, or too late and binning it, that's got to be more complicated than making a plain fast AI.
The offline races I did, were One Make Custom Races, in the style of this week's Daily Race A. I usually have 20 cars on track, starting from the back and 10 minutes.

The 3 laps at NurbGP in Gr.4 458/Mustang/Vantage/650S, were really good. Started 12th. The AI stayed close through to the finish. I won 2/4 races. I'll try 6 cars.

PD are working on hiring AI programmers. We'll see how they go in next game. However, in GT Sport, it's the programming not number of laps or length of time. I'm talking the battles with AI. I can pick a handful of tracks in GTS, where AI are pretty good. Then, there are the rest, where it's a PD running joke.

Not a proper GT game is why. It looks great, presumably online is good/great, I'm the wrong one to answer that one anyway. It was made for esport. Not really for anyone else. GT3 is the answer. How to do a lot with not a lot really shows how limited GTS is.

A proper economy would help. Winning cars for winning races in a proper GT mode with racing rather than chase the rabbit would help. Anything is better than grind, grind, grind, for that next twenty million credit car....
This video alone gives me a greater sense of achivement than any event in GTSport. I completed the beginner league last week-end and this video was so beautiful. I was too young to undestand its beauty in early 2000's but this is just art IMO.

Call me crazy, but when I was sitting in my man cave I was thinking the other day: The next GT will probably retain quite a bit of the current stuff, like the whole FIA section, bring back some classic GT5 and GT6 stuff for all the moaners and oldtimers, and add new stuff because the PS5 is going to be stronger hardwarewise, so VR would be a natural choice here. Like, you know, common sense things when you know GT a bit.

So, SENSATIONAL *cough* news that we‘ll see some old, some new, some borrowed, some blue... :lol:

Oh, oh, I do predict a sunrise when this night is over, too. Just saying. Honing my prophetic skills, so to speak.

Trying to replicate many of the Best Motoring races in Custom Race, is a chore. we know the cars are predetermined, with no randomness whatsoever. However, just trying to do 6 or 7 cars like the video below, I can't get that S-FR off the grid. Just replace it with the F50 or GTO. PD really need to program an AI assignment option.

If it's still to be predetermined, make at least a by year, drivetrain, aspiration, manufacturer, country/region option.

EATxs-EUEAAjRrJ

EATyCGGU0AAn4et

Trying to replicate many of the Best Motoring races in Custom Race, is a chore. we know the cars are predetermined, with no randomness whatsoever. However, just trying to do 6 or 7 cars like the video below, I can't get that S-FR off the grid. Just replace it with the F50 or GTO. PD really need to program an AI assignment option.

If it's still to be predetermined, make at least a by year, drivetrain, aspiration, manufacturer, country/region option.

EATxs-EUEAAjRrJ

EATyCGGU0AAn4et

Agreed. I was saying the same thing since I got GTS. Was really disappointed to learn that you get the same grid time and time again in "CUSTOM" Races. :(

I guess everything that is currently in GT Sport should be carried over in GT7 which should debut with numous enjoyable features because recently, people having going nuts about the upcoming update and saying that it will probably be the one of the last for GT Sport.

I guess everything that is currently in GT Sport should be carried over in GT7 which should debut with numous enjoyable features because recently, people having going nuts about the upcoming update and saying that it will probably be the one of the last for GT Sport.

I tell you and repeat it is missing more than 60 races in the GT league with 7 races per event the last update is not for this month!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tell you and repeat it is missing more than 60 races in the GT league with 7 races per event the last update is not for this month!
Then please simply pray for them to provide more of that in the game someday.

Or maybe PD will just add a fricking scroll to the UI so there can be more than 7 races?

I’m all about quality over quantity. I don’t necessarily want 7 races if the event doesn’t support it.

Like Stars & Stripes. IMO that should only be American cars on American tracks. Granted they already blew it by adding foreign tracks - but I would be fine with it having only 2 or 3 events. At least it would be something different. There’s a huuuge amount of events bleeding into each other in GT League. Sometimes I forget what I’m even doing. All I know is it’s N300 @ Maggiore for the 1,000th time.

I am not sure what he is saying but, he wrote:

5 cars and 5 tracks being added to the next update, at this rate, we still have a whole year's worth of update to go through...
5 cars have been confirmed, as per se the other thread but I doubt if there's going to be 5 tracks as well, since the teaser didn't seem to showcase at all about it.

However, if that's going to be true, then it's a good news after all.

5 cars have been confirmed, as per se the other thread but I doubt if there's going to be 5 tracks as well, since the teaser didn't seem to showcase at all about it.

However, if that's going to be true, then it's a good news after all.
5 tracks may be the GT League events?

If GT Sport is originally GT7, then the next sequel should be dubbed as Gran Turismo "8" for the PlayStation 5.

I personally think it’ll be GT8. If PD were to release GT7, people would see it as an older game compared to FM8. Its a marketing thing.
I can not see it being GT8 but I am 99.9% sure it will be GT7 because after 6 it will be 7, and I don't see a 8 after a 6 game in a GT series :crazy:.

I can not see it being GT8 but I am 99.9% sure it will be GT7 because after 6 it will be 7, and I don't see a 8 after a 6 game in a GT series :crazy:.
The car after the Aston Martin DB7 was called the DB9.

And then there's Microsoft Windows, which went:
2 (and 2.1)
3 (and 3.1, 3.2)
98 (and 98 SE)
ME
XP
Vista
8 (and 8.1)

The car after the Aston Martin DB7 was called the DB9.

And then there's Microsoft Windows, which went:
2 (and 2.1)
3 (and 3.1, 3.2)
98 (and 98 SE)
ME
XP
Vista
8 (and 8.1)
But it will never happen in Gran Turismo.

Back