Next Gran Turismo Will be a 'Combination of Past, Present, and Future'

I don’t see how it has to be a “grind vs. Carpg” argument. If progression through career mode opens up higher payouts that scale well with the expensive/late game cars they require, there shouldn’t be that much of a problem. Necessitating repeating the most efficient resource/time task for an excessive amount of time to access certain content is poor game design, end of story.

GT5 did things fairly well up until about level 20. Luckily most cars were unlocked by this point, but the events (especially endurance series) were painful to get to, especially with a gateway for a majority of them being the 4hr MX-5 race at Tsukuba.

GTS’s primary Campaign Mode is a single shot deal, and starting from scratch with all the added circuit experiences might be able to net you one of the hyper expensive unicorn cars, the rest require repeating single event for hours on end. That’s not a sustainable model. I’ve been playing since launch (so going on two years) and avoided grinding, and I’ve only been able to grab 30 mil worth of unicorns, with an additional one being awarded from the wheel of death.

I think this currency balance, photo/replay/livery data being confined to limited online server space, and mandatory online saving for any and all progress (even with servers being consistent and stable 99% of the time) are the things that most require changes or re-thinks if the next game is to be a full-on traditional Carpg GT experience.

Last edited:
For those that don't want to 'grind', nut want a lot of cars, there should be the option to buy with real money like now. No grinding, but you pay if you don't want to grind, but really want the cars. ;) Options there for everyone, don't grind, only get cars you win or are possibly given by accumulating a certain number miles each day. Grind and get the cars, or don't grind and pay for each car. :)

How funny would it be if all your cars from GT Sport ported across, and you were then able to sell all the duplicates for credits! A lot of people would have a lot of credits to buy a lot of what they don't have or wanted. :lol:

Garages should have the ability to transfer, makes perfect sense. Arguing against it seems really silly, especially when it would most likely be easy to not do it if you like grinding so much.
Well for the next GT game well buy all the cars you want with real money because you do not have the time to grind, and that solves that problem right. Transferring your garage to the next GT game is wrong, because the cars belong to that game and nowhere else.

Well for the next GT game well buy all the cars you want with real money because you do not have the time to grind, and that solves that problem right. Transferring your garage to the next GT game is wrong, because the cars belong to that game and nowhere else.
What I've been thinking as well. What if that certain car doesn't appear in the next game at all? Then its existence would simply mean nothing.

GTPSP allowed transfer of cars from that game to GT5. Sure, low-res models but it was doable.

If GTS cars are future proof, it could apply for the next game. Should it? As an option, why not?

I clear out my garage all the time. If I bought cars with real money, there could be a code that allows me to get the same available models, in the next game. That's another sensible option. How do PD make money if I already bought the cars I wanted? Well, by people who may want the new to the GT franchise cars added to the next game.

What I've been thinking as well. What if that certain car doesn't appear in the next game at all? Then its existence would simply mean nothing.
True.
You know the number one reason why players want to transfer their garage over to the next GT game, because they don't want to Grind.

Bring back all the traditional events such as Tourist Trophy, Formula GT, Vitz/Yaris Race, Dream Car Championship, Polyphony Digital Cup, Like The Wind, Clubman Cup, Sunday Cup, FR Challenge, Boxer Spirit, Clio Cup, Grand Valley 300, etc. I guess the Grand Valley 300 could be a Group 3/Group 4 race which would be great. Let's not forget the "Special Conditions" either so at least the Group B cars have some kind of use. For the moment, they just sit at the back of the garage doing nothing. Also, remove the daily workout gift and have prize cars instead upon completion of championships. With the livery editor, PD could even create some unique liveries that can only be obtained once. The livery would stay on the car and if you sell it, it goes with the car. If PD aren't considering any of these things for the next game then I would be confused.

GT3 was perfect for grinding. I spent so many hours doing the Speedway race so I could obtain all four colors of the TOM's X540.

The way GTS is set up, one press of the program button, could activate the same thing. Circuit Experience could Gold, Silver, Bronze us the cars in each roulette.
Would be cool if the DWG offered up unicorn cars like, a PDI liveried AI Gr.B, a tuned FD RX-7, Midnight Purple III GT3 GT-R, etc.

True.
You know the number one reason why players want to transfer their garage over to the next GT game, because they don't want to Grind.
Maybe they didn't like to grind because like I said, either it takes too much time that it becomes boring and maybe grinding for a dozen million car while winning only little credits from it despite being on top may not be ideal for them anymore, especially if they have to keep on repeating that until they're able to buy what they want.

I have that kind of same experience in GT6 where it's hard to grind because I didn't have much cars yet and the races there in beginning give only very little credits, even if one could win it in first place.

So I have to admit that it sucks to grind if you're only getting little from it. But there's no problem with it if that wasn't the case at all.

So I have to admit that it sucks to grind if you're only getting little from it. But there's no problem with it if that wasn't the case at all.
There is no problem with GT Sports Credits Payouts when I played the game, and if the credit payouts are the same as in the next GT game as they were in GT Sport well I be happy.

There is no problem with GT Sports Credits Payouts when I played the game, and if the credit payouts are the same as in the next GT game as they were in GT Sport well I be happy.
Tbh, still haven't played GT Sport at all when it came to grinding. So I have no idea with regards to that. :lol:

My sibling has the system but I don't have the game yet to play it, though I think it might not happen since PS5 and GT7 may come out next year so might as well just sit and wait for their release. :)

Tbh, still haven't played GT Sport at all when it came to grinding. So I have no idea with regards to that. :lol:

My sibling has the system but I don't have the game yet to play it, though I think it might not happen since PS5 and GT7 may come out next year so might as well just sit and wait for their release. :)
I hope PS5 & GT7 both come out together at the same time next year, and would that put a big smile on a player face.

GT3 was perfect for grinding. I spent so many hours doing the Speedway race so I could obtain all four colors of the TOM's X540.

The way GTS is set up, one press of the program button, could activate the same thing. Circuit Experience could Gold, Silver, Bronze us the cars in each roulette.
Would be cool if the DWG offered up unicorn cars like, a PDI liveried AI Gr.B, a tuned FD RX-7, Midnight Purple III GT3 GT-R, etc.
What did I just get in the DWG? :lol:
D_qUEUZUIAAL1cI.jpg

Bring back all the traditional events such as Tourist Trophy, Formula GT, Vitz/Yaris Race, Dream Car Championship, Polyphony Digital Cup, Like The Wind, Clubman Cup, Sunday Cup, FR Challenge, Boxer Spirit, Clio Cup, Grand Valley 300, etc. I guess the Grand Valley 300 could be a Group 3/Group 4 race which would be great. Let's not forget the "Special Conditions" either so at least the Group B cars have some kind of use. For the moment, they just sit at the back of the garage doing nothing. Also, remove the daily workout gift and have prize cars instead upon completion of championships. With the livery editor, PD could even create some unique liveries that can only be obtained once. The livery would stay on the car and if you sell it, it goes with the car. If PD aren't considering any of these things for the next game then I would be confused.
How about GT League in GTS? I think it have some of the mentioned like Sunday/Clubman Cup, Clio Cup, etc. BTW I want events to be placed where they belong, like Vitz/Yaris or Clio Cup you mentioned, in manufacturer dealer like in GT2/4 (and also give variants like GT2/GT3, stock Clio race, tuned up Clio race, and racing version Clio race - if they returned it, include Racing Modification Clio too in that). I think I also want Endurance championship - place Formula GT (GT4 like) in Endurance section, also place motorsport events with their actual lap as Endurance championship.

Personally I want actual rally-like events instead of Special Conditions, take GT5's GT Rally but make it more like actual. I kind of agree of keeping Livery Editor when the car is sold.

Personally I want actual rally-like events instead of Special Conditions, take GT5's GT Rally but make it more like actual. I kind of agree of keeping Livery Editor when the car is sold.
This is something I'd like to see back in the next GT title again.

However, it has to be more diverse, as those events are only short and come in a few races that consists of randomly generated tracks (can be dirt, snow or tarmac) which are oftentimes below 10kms.

With GT5 looking refreshed with past tracks in that game, I wonder if the moon will make a return in the next game. I mean, Toyota are soon to release this
https://www.motoring.com.au/toyota-off-to-the-moon-119537/
toyota-jaxa-ii-uoej.jpg

What better place to test it than in Gran Turismo?:sly: If PD can have Toyota's CEO drive the A90 Supra before it was even built, should be good enough for this.
You know, GTPlanet was the first automotive outlet in the world to report on this, back in March.

https://www.gtplanet.net/japan-toyota-moon-rover/
https://www.gtplanet.net/toyota-lunar-rover-2030/

I am already buying the game, why should I have to buy it all over again to get the cars I want? If you don’t want to transfer your garage, than don’t, that is even easier. Than we are all happy.

You must live in a different reality than the rest of us.

There's something missing in GT today, it's simply too dull for me. When GT2 and GT3 were simply fun with great music, gameplay..., GTSport looks often "empty" and lifeless. Sure, the quality is here with GTSport but where is the fun?

« We’ll bring you more from our round table discussion soon. »

@Famine

When is soon. When can we expect the rest of the interview ? It’s been more than two weeks now.

Or isn’t ?

There's something missing in GT today, it's simply too dull for me. When GT2 and GT3 were simply fun with great music, gameplay..., GTSport looks often "empty" and lifeless. Sure, the quality is here with GTSport but where is the fun?
What's kind of ironic is, the more cars in grid we got, the racing is not as intense when we had six cars for the first four games.

Not a proper GT game is why. It looks great, presumably online is good/great, I'm the wrong one to answer that one anyway. It was made for esport. Not really for anyone else. GT3 is the answer. How to do a lot with not a lot really shows how limited GTS is.

A proper economy would help. Winning cars for winning races in a proper GT mode with racing rather than chase the rabbit would help. Anything is better than grind, grind, grind, for that next twenty million credit car....

A proper economy would help. Winning cars for winning races in a proper GT mode with racing rather than chase the rabbit would help. Anything is better than grind, grind, grind, for that next twenty million credit car....
I'm sure there would be a handful of excuses or reasons in case PD still chooses to not implement this one at all in the next GT title.

Rabbit chasing in GT League isn't all that fun. I mean, I wouldn't mind if it was done as a separate challenge, but I miss the option of qualifying in Career Mode races.

What's kind of ironic is, the more cars in grid we got, the racing is not as intense when we had six cars for the first four games.

That's because they've not increased the number of laps, so where you only had to overtake 5 cars to win, you've now got to overtake 15 or even 19, overcoming maybe a 40s gap to the leader, so to have a chance, the speed differential needs to be huge. Add in the huge speed boost the AI gets when you're in the lead, and the offline racing becomes a bit of a joke, plus it's training players to just smash their way to the front which a lot of them clearly carry over into sport mode.

In fairness to PD, I do like the way they've made some of the AI fallible, especially at the beginner level where if you get alongside, you can psych them out into either braking too early, or too late and binning it, that's got to be more complicated than making a plain fast AI.

Back