Next Gran Turismo Will be a 'Combination of Past, Present, and Future'

Natural though. Once one game is finished and released, they immediately start the planning process for the next game. It doesn't suprise me at all that he can't remember the older games. It's up to us to remember them and, if possible, bring that to his attention.

Precisely. From Kaz' perspective it has all been one long iterative development cycle for the past two decades. Asking him to remember what GT2 was like is like asking him what he thought about the v.3 code from 1999 was like.

Of course Kaz acted surprised anyone under 30 plays the old games. PD and Sony don’t want you to play them. They want you to buy and support the latest release! Yet here we are.

Look after the old girl, these things definitely have a shelf life!

With regards to the nostalgia thing though: I loved all the old games, played them all, but you know, I was doing some laps in qualifying for the Daily at Sardegna B last night, and it was freekin joyous. This is what I imagined driving games would be like when playing GT1 as a kid.

So I'm all in with the new direction. I know a lot will disagree, but hey :)
I get it.. I mean, the driving itself is what I've always wanted from GT, from the days of speeding through Trial Mountain and taking that final left turn on high speed ring before the final straight, watching the cars, suspension, all of it react realistically. It's what we dreamed of :)

But.. It's the aesthetics of the menus, it's systems, this want to be something more sterile, and missing of the bells and whistles we've come to expect. But the driving itself... oh, I do love that :)
With each iteration the menus get worse, the aesthetics get more bland... from GT5 that was awesome in a weird throwback way of having some lingering connection to GT4... to GT6... that felt weird... and now.. a husk of it's former glory, the way it all is in GT Sport.

Precisely. From Kaz' perspective it has all been one long iterative development cycle for the past two decades. Asking him to remember what GT2 was like is like asking him what he thought about the v.3 code from 1999 was like.
I agree with you and TiredTires on this front. We have to use every opportunity to let him know.. we like this, we dont like that and.. this is what we love about the series.. before.. before it loses its identity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course Kaz acted surprised anyone under 30 plays the old games. PD and Sony don’t want you to play them. They want you to buy and support the latest release! Yet here we are.
If they're not going to listen to what fans want to expect in their games in the future, then might as well play another alternative racing series that will be much more enjoyable than it. :lol:

I wouldn't mind the UCD if they did it in a different way.

Basically, you can still buy every car in the game normally but the UCD would have better deals that pop up. For example, you could buy a car normally for 2,000,000 but in the UCD it could go for 1,500,000.

It would still retain the RNG elements but not in an annoying manner.

What is RNG?

I think there should be hidden cars again, that could only be earned by golding licenses and by winning certain difficult races or championships, they should include driving missions again, manufacturer race like in GT2, with special prize being a special car or some sort of tuning/wheel or something. I for one would also like to see “duplicates” again, like different specs of Skylines, etc.

I think there should be hidden cars again, that could only be earned by golding licenses and by winning certain difficult races or championships, they should include driving missions again, manufacturer race like in GT2, with special prize being a special car or some sort of tuning/wheel or something. I for one would also like to see “duplicates” again, like different specs of Skylines, etc.
Technically driving missions are there in GTS, so is manufacturer race (though they are listed on events instead of car dealer). WDYM of 'some sort of tuning'? For wheels...it's quite pointless now that in GT we can change wheels now.
For duplicates, this is my list of those should be in: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/duplicates-in-gt7.325202/

With GT6 being a regression from 5, and Sport being a regression from 6, I don’t have too much hope for the next GT. I like sport mode, but I miss the CaRPG features of previous games more than I enjoy Sport.

IMO, the ship has sailed in terms of GT losing various communities of people. If I look at where the GT drifting community was in GT5, and where it is today, it’s really really sad how far things have fallen.

Having played GT games since the first, I’m also getting really tired of doing the same grind over and over. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind grinding in video games...but with GT, especially since 5, we get a “new game” every few years, and end up having to grind for the same cars, same paint chips, same wheels, over and over again. I think they’ve missed a trick by not having legacy features that would carry progress from previous games to the next. Like, who’s excited to lose all their liveries and decals when GTS goes offline?

Even just reading this thread, seeing the end of GTS in sight, talking about a new GT....I’ve basically lost all motivation to play the current game. What’s the point of grinding for the 20 mil cars at this point? Can’t really use them online except to flex, and the cruising/car show communities are extremely small at this point. And once GTS goes offline, I’ll lose them anyways, and have to grind for them all over again.

If there were legacy features that carried over from GT5, if we could keep our garage and continue to build on it, if there were more CaRPG features in the game, GT would easily be my main game, and I’d be more than willing to sink real money into it monthly. It makes me sad thinking of all the missed opportunities over the years.

But hey, we got to drive on the moon lol.

And where the heck are shuffle races???

With GT6 being a regression from 5, and Sport being a regression from 6, I don’t have too much hope for the next GT. I like sport mode, but I miss the CaRPG features of previous games more than I enjoy Sport.

IMO, the ship has sailed in terms of GT losing various communities of people. If I look at where the GT drifting community was in GT5, and where it is today, it’s really really sad how far things have fallen.

Having played GT games since the first, I’m also getting really tired of doing the same grind over and over. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind grinding in video games...but with GT, especially since 5, we get a “new game” every few years, and end up having to grind for the same cars, same paint chips, same wheels, over and over again. I think they’ve missed a trick by not having legacy features that would carry progress from previous games to the next. Like, who’s excited to lose all their liveries and decals when GTS goes offline?

Even just reading this thread, seeing the end of GTS in sight, talking about a new GT....I’ve basically lost all motivation to play the current game. What’s the point of grinding for the 20 mil cars at this point? Can’t really use them online except to flex, and the cruising/car show communities are extremely small at this point. And once GTS goes offline, I’ll lose them anyways, and have to grind for them all over again.

If there were legacy features that carried over from GT5, if we could keep our garage and continue to build on it, if there were more CaRPG features in the game, GT would easily be my main game, and I’d be more than willing to sink real money into it monthly. It makes me sad thinking of all the missed opportunities over the years.

I don't mind a new game coming out every few years and end up having to grind for the same cars and paint chips, wheels, but with liveries and decals it would be very good, if PD let us transferred liveries and decals only over to the next game. only if we had the same car that we had in GT Sport.
I don't think cars being transferred from GT Sport, that you had in your garage to the next game is a good idea. I like to get them cars like it was my first ever Racing game then I can build my garage up over time, and not to have a heap of cars from GT Sport in the next game and I end up having a lot of duplicate cars form winning the licences, mission challenges and championship races.

Last edited:
I don't mind a new game coming out every few years and end up having to grind for the same cars and paint chips, wheels, but with liveries and decals it would be very good, if PD let us transferred liveries and decals only over to the next game. only if we had the same car that we had in GT Sport.
I don't think cars being transferred from GT Sport, that you had in your garage to the next game is a good idea. I like to get them cars like it was my first ever Racing game then I can build my garage up over time, and not to have a heap of cars from GT Sport in the next game and I end up having a lot of duplicate cars form winning the licences, mission challenges and championship races.
As long as grinding isn't too hard nor boring at all, why not? ;)

I think most players like to grind but not to the point that it becomes too long or tiresome to do. The problem that I am seeing with it is that players only get small awards for winning as the 1st place in races.

Maybe they need to be awarded with more credits and more prizes so that they don't need to put much effort several times and if one would think, not waste their time for many hours long just to achieve what they are targeting for because they can fall short on it and ridiculously repeat the same process once again.

As long as grinding isn't too hard nor boring at all, why not? ;)

I think most players like to grind but not to the point that it becomes too long or tiresome to do. The problem that I am seeing with it is that players only get small awards for winning as the 1st place in races.

Maybe they need to be awarded with more credits and more prizes so that they don't need to put much effort several times and if one would think, not waste their time for many hours long just to achieve what they are targeting for because they can fall short on it and ridiculously repeat the same process once again.
GT Sport was easy to grind for credits for winning races using my wheel :), the next GT game should have well over 1000 cars in the dealership at the start of the game, and also have an online seasonal races like it was in GT6 with good credit payouts.

GT Sport had less cars and you still get some players crying mad, because PD did not have big credit payouts to get the cars they want, but it all depends on the car amount in the game. Ok there were 20 million cars in the game but again it was easy to obtain them.

I dunno man, you missed CaRPG features, yet you are tired of doing the same grind over and over. Quite contradictory right there.

I dunno man, you missed CaRPG features, yet you are tired of doing the same grind over and over. Quite contradictory right there.
CaRPG features really have nothing to do with grinding the same race over and over and over and over again. Not contradictory at all.

CaRPG features really have nothing to do with grinding the same race over and over and over and over again. Not contradictory at all.
Then how it should be done? GTS seems much more generous in cars, you get 50k Cr at start, they give you a starter car (that is on level of Evo X), also daily workout.

Then how it should be done? GTS seems much more generous in cars, you get 50k Cr at start, they give you a starter car (that is on level of Evo X), also daily workout.
A proper career mode, with actual challenging AI. Custom races with lots of options. Did you play GT5, and remember the weekly challenges? Higher payouts for online races.

And if we were able to transfer our garage from previous games, there would be a lot less reason to grind in the first place. As it is right now, you don’t “buy” cars from the dealership in GT - you lease them. You pay for them, get to use them for a few years, then the game goes offline and you have nothing. Then you have to buy the same thing over again.

Like I said, I don’t even hate grinding in video games....I just really dislike grinding for the same thing I already grinded for. This is now the 3rd time I’ve grinded credits for the Shelby Daytona Coupe. There’s nothing fun about doing that 3 times, and there will be nothing fun about doing it for a 4th time when the next GT comes out.

Did you play GT5, and remember the weekly challenges? Higher payouts for online races.
I played GT5 online and I liked the big payouts, because if you tuned up a lot of cars like I did back then the parts were expensive right, that means you need bigger payouts to buy parts and cars.

You said this, And if we were able to transfer our garage from previous games, and there would be a lot less reason to grind in the first place, and that will definitely take the fun away for the next game.

I played GT5 online and I liked the big payouts, because if you tuned up a lot of cars like I did back then the parts were expensive right, that means you need bigger payouts to buy parts and cars.

You said this, And if we were able to transfer our garage from previous games, and there would be a lot less reason to grind in the first place, and that will definitely take the fun away for the next game.
There would be new cars and new parts in the new game to grind for, if that’s what’s fun for you. I just don’t want I have to regrind for things I’ve already grinded for.

If you really like grinding for the same things over and over, there’s nothing stopping you from deleting your garage at any time, and starting over. I’d just prefer to not have PD delete my garage for me every 5ish years.

There would be new cars and new parts in the new game to grind for, if that’s what’s fun for you. I just don’t want I have to regrind for things I’ve already grinded for.

If you really like grinding for the same things over and over, there’s nothing stopping you from deleting your garage at any time, and starting over. I’d just prefer to not have PD delete my garage for me every 5ish years.
I have grind for cars in GT5 and I have also grind for cars in GT6, that I had in GT5 and I have no problem doind that.

Last edited:
I have grind for cars in GT5 and I have also grind for cars in GT6, that I had in GT5 and I have no problem doind that.
That’s fine, glad you enjoyed that. Not everyone shares your opinion though. I’ve had convos with you before on this site about grinding - you’re VERY in defence of really enjoying the grinding in GT games to get your fun out of them. Again, that’s ok, but it’s not for everyone (especially those who prefer to spend their play time in online lobbies).

If GT were to allow the transfer of garages from one game to the next, it would have ZERO impact on your enjoyment of grinding. You could simply choose not to transfer your garage, or you could delete your old garage - the power is in your hands. But for those of us who don’t enjoy grinding for the same cars over and over again, that option would enhance our experience with GT games a lot.

It’s fine that you enjoy the games the way they are, but they don’t need to stay that way. There’s nothing wrong with PD adding options that would enhance the experience for a wider group of people.

You said so yourself that you see merit in the idea of transferring liveries over....so just expand that idea to include cars as well. I mean, if you apply your logic to the livery situation, I should be saying something like, “well, just have fun remaking all your old liveries. You had fun the first time, you’ll have fun the second time.” But we both know that recreating a livery is not so much fun (especially if your liveries are like mine, in that they change and evolve over time, and starting from scratch would be very difficult).

Side note: not sure how PD could do a livery transfer without also transferring paint chips and wheels to the new game - paint and wheels are an important part of a livery.

So while I appreciate that you enjoy the grind, can you meet me half way and agree that it’s not for everyone; and also that allowing the option for garage transfers wouldn’t effect your enjoyment of grinding in each new game, as you could simply choose not to transfer your garage.

So while I appreciate that you enjoy the grind, can you meet me half way and agree that it’s not for everyone; and also that allowing the option for garage transfers wouldn’t effect your enjoyment of grinding in each new game, as you could simply choose not to transfer your garage.
Sorry I can not meet you halfway, because if you don't like to Grind well there are other racing games to play that have no grinding in a game. I really like GT games and I have Gran Turismo 3,4,5 and 6 games with pretty much the same cars for each GT game that I have mention, and I like that way.

Your idea to transfer your garage from game to game seems all wrong, because I am sorry to say that is the lazy way to get the cars you want for each GT game to come out every few years, as I said if you don't like grinding play other games that comes out every few years like Project Cars. As I said many time on some other thread in this forum, if you don't like to Grind in a racing game that involves getting Credits, well that game is not for you.

Sorry I can not meet you halfway, because if you don't like to Grind well there are other racing games to play that have no grinding in a game. I really like GT games and I have Gran Turismo 3,4,5 and 6 games with pretty much the same cars for each GT game that I have mention, and I like that way.

Your idea to transfer your garage from game to game seems all wrong, because I am sorry to say that is the lazy way to get the cars you want for each GT game to come out every few years, as I said if you don't like grinding play other games that comes out every few years like Project Cars. As I said many time on some other thread in this forum, if you don't like to Grind in a racing game that involves getting Credits, well that game is not for you.
I’ve never heard such a robust defence for lazy game design lol. There’s lots of “earn credits” games that don’t involve grinding.

And again, nothing would prevent you from starting the grind fresh every game. How does my “laziness” (lol) effect your enjoyment of your game?

“Don’t like it, go play a different game”. Who are you, Trump?

What if I didn’t grind at all, and just used real money to buy the cars? Am I still “lazy” (despite working a full time job to pay for said cars). If I use real money to buy the cars, why should I have to rebuy the game AND the cars every few years?

We get it, you LOVE the grind in GT. Congrats. It’s just sad that you lack the ability to empathize with people whom joy the game in different ways, and can’t at least agree on OPTIONS that would enhance enjoyment for a larger audience.

I’d love for you to explain why you think liveries should be carried over, but cars shouldn’t be. This’ll be good lol.

I grind because I want to get cars I don't have... Not because I enjoy...

Otherwise if I didn't have to grind, I could actually spend the limited amount of real time that I already don't have to practice driving And racing with cars I want and would actually enjoy...

Why do I have to grind with each iteration of GT, aside from reinforcing the sense of ownership for each car i have...

This is dumb KAZ.

I have been I a fan since the beginning...
Why must you make my life harder when I am not Getting any younger, and create tension for me to play GT, because I have to always fight the wife first before I can get some GT playtime...

Stupid... Just for the sense of ownership...?

Why don't you also create loans in the games?
What is the credit score I must have to get a decent loan ?!?

I promise I will pay back and continue to win and earn credit...

R-10625185-1501178947-9894.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve never heard such a robust defence for lazy game design lol. There’s lots of “earn credits” games that don’t involve grinding.

And again, nothing would prevent you from starting the grind fresh every game. How does my “laziness” (lol) effect your enjoyment of your game?

“Don’t like it, go play a different game”. Who are you, Trump?

What if I didn’t grind at all, and just used real money to buy the cars? Am I still “lazy” (despite working a full time job to pay for said cars). If I use real money to buy the cars, why should I have to rebuy the game AND the cars every few years?

We get it, you LOVE the grind in GT. Congrats. It’s just sad that you lack the ability to empathize with people whom joy the game in different ways, and can’t at least agree on OPTIONS that would enhance enjoyment for a larger audience.

I’d love for you to explain why you think liveries should be carried over, but cars shouldn’t be. This’ll be good lol.
I don't mind if I grind in every new GT game that comes out every few years, and also I have not heard of anyone else complaining about having a option to transfer your garage to the next GT game. To me its a totally stupid idea to transfer your garage to a next GT game, because it belongs to that game only and nowhere else.

If you did not Grind and you used real money to buy cars in a game, well go and do it because you have a full time job and you do not have not much time to grind for cars.
I have a disability and I can spend a lot of time playing GT game and Grinding, and I also buy cars with real money also.

You said If I use real money to buy the cars, why should I have to rebuy the game AND the cars every few years. Because Gran Turismo game it is not a continuous game, and if you buy something with real money for that game, it belongs to that game only.

I will explain to you why liveries should be carried over, but cars shouldn’t be. Because you put things on that car and you did not make or build that type of car from the ground up right.

Not bashing you about the liveries, but they can't carry over. Let's say you have the livery from GT2 for the Mini. When we got GT4/GT5/GT6, it is a totally different Mini. When we enter GTS, it's a different Mini(MINI :rolleyes:) again. For GTX, who knows what Mini/MINI, if any, we'd get?

The best carry over anything PDI did, were the credits from GT3 to GT4. If players could carry over 10mil credits from GTS to GT(X), could be a great help towards building a garage with various cars or that one classic race car.

Not bashing you about the liveries, but they can't carry over. Let's say you have the livery from GT2 for the Mini. When we got GT4/GT5/GT6, it is a totally different Mini. When we enter GTS, it's a different Mini(MINI :rolleyes:) again. For GTX, who knows what Mini/MINI, if any, we'd get?

The best carry over anything PDI did, were the credits from GT3 to GT4. If players could carry over 10mil credits from GTS to GT(X), could be a great help towards building a garage with various cars or that one classic race car.
I did not think you can transfer liveries over to another game, because they belong to that game only.

There is nothing wrong starting a next GT game form scratch, even though a few years you brought cars with real money or with credits from that last GT game. There are a few special edition GT games that come out with Credits.

Last edited:
Back