Next Gran Turismo Will be a 'Combination of Past, Present, and Future'

But it will never happen in Gran Turismo.
Sure thing:
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo 2000
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 3 Concept
Gran Turismo 4 Prologue
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4 Online
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo HD
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (and Spec II, Spec III)
Gran Turismo 5 (and XL, Spec II, Academy Edition)
Gran Turismo 6
Gran Turismo Sport (and Spec II)

It‘ll put blame on Kaz again I guess as he iirc said GTS isn‘t GT7 and if they release GT8 then people will say "so GTS was GT7 after all".

I thought Kaz said GT Sport could be named GT7.

Really though, doesn't matter. The franchise could just be Gran Turismo from here on. All that's been done are improvements and more content added. Wouldn't need a number.

Really though, doesn't matter. The franchise could just be Gran Turismo from here on. All that's been done are improvements and more content added. Wouldn't need a number.

Yep I agree with all that. If they are prepared to continually add to it, as they have with GT Sport, then it makes sense to just refer to the next version as Gran Turismo (PS5). :)

Yep I agree with all that. If they are prepared to continually add to it, as they have with GT Sport, then it makes sense to just refer to the next version as Gran Turismo (PS5). :)
But there has already been a 'Gran Turismo', I bought it in 1997. ;)

Sure thing:
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo 2000
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo 3 Concept
Gran Turismo 4 Prologue
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 4 Online
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo HD
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (and Spec II, Spec III)
Gran Turismo 5 (and XL, Spec II, Academy Edition)
Gran Turismo 6
Gran Turismo Sport (and Spec II)
But I don't see a Number missing in a series, for example Gran Turismo 3 and they missed Gran Turismo 4 and went straight to Gran Turismo 5 in the a series which I am talking about.

I personally think it’ll be GT8. If PD were to release GT7, people would see it as an older game compared to FM8. Its a marketing thing.
Would they? Why?

I sure as hell wouldn’t, because in my world the release date is what determines how old or new a game is, not what number is in the title.

Would they? Why?

I sure as hell wouldn’t, because in my world the release date is what determines how old or new a game is, not what number is in the title.
I concur.

Let's use other games for instance, Soulcalibur and Tekken for example. Both are fighting games.

In their numerical renditions, however, Tekken released its latest which is 7, originally in 2015 and then in 2017 for the PC and console remakes.

Meanwhile, Soulcalibur released its latest which is 6, last year. But just because that count of that game is lower than the latest Tekken doesn't mean it's older in some way.

Would they? Why?

I concur.

Let's use other games for instance, Soulcalibur and Tekken for example. Both are fighting games.

In their numerical renditions, however, Tekken released its latest which is 7, originally in 2015 and then in 2017 for the PC and console remakes.

Meanwhile, Soulcalibur released its latest which is 6, last year. But just because that count of that game is lower than the latest Tekken doesn't mean it's older in some way.
Going off topic here, normal consumers do tend to go after number appeal. That’s why both Samsung and Apple skipped a number for their phones. When the iPhone 7 came out, the latest Galaxy Note was the Note 5. They later released the Note 7 and skipped 6 completely, so the Note 7 and iPhone 7 are on par. Apple skipped the 7s and went directly to the 8 because the Galaxy S8 came out the same year.

Going off topic here, normal consumers do tend to go after number appeal. That’s why both Samsung and Apple skipped a number for their phones. When the iPhone 7 came out, the latest Galaxy Note was the Note 5. They later released the Note 7 and skipped 6 completely, so the Note 7 and iPhone 7 are on par. Apple skipped the 7s and went directly to the 8 because the Galaxy S8 came out the same year.
That just proves that companies are more naive and stupid than I ever wanted to believe, and how on earth could a “normal” consumer find a certain racing game more interesting than another just based on the number after the title?

Every time a company has done this, people have talked about how confusing it is. I remember the "Where's iPhone 9" articles when X was announced and the ridicule for Xbox going XBox, Xbox 360, XBox One. The numbering makes little sense, and when it doesn't it's actually "normal" consumers who get confused because they expect it to be incremental like in most cases. Maybe this is why companies do it, so yet another new whatever doesn't get lost and ignored.

Here's a post from gtplanet 3 years ago regarding to GT Sport being GT7: https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-could-have-been-called-gt7-sport/

"GT SPORT is a regular title of the GT Series. The gaming contents is so ample that you can consider it as ”Gran Turismo 7“. It is titled ” GT Sport“ because the “Sport Mode” of the game is important. If I have to change a statement,maybe “Gran Turismo 7 Sport” is more correct name."

If this is GT7 "Sport" then the next sequel may be dubbed as Gran Turismo 8 for the next-gen PS5 console, correct?

Could still be Gran Turismo 7 with Sport Mode not being the main focus.

It has no sense to me to stop and/or not to increase the Sport Mode succes in GT7 ...

Anyway, in my opinion the main focus is where you (anyone) put the focus on : campaign, hotlaps, vr, photomode, liverys, lobbies, sport mode...

It has no sense to me to stop and/or not to increase the Sport Mode succes in GT7 ...

Anyway, in my opinion the main focus is where you (anyone) put the focus on : campaign, hotlaps, vr, photomode, liverys, lobbies, sport mode...
Not that. Going by Kaz' quote. The game is called GT Sport. If it is GT7, "Sport" is not the main focus.

Not that. Going by Kaz' quote. The game is called GT Sport. If it is GT7, "Sport" is not the main focus.

The name is only a name after all... by naming it GT7 you can increase the campaign mode part but the main focus can still be the mode sport, or keeping it at big as now ...

The main focus can be subjective in order of how you want to play it or which part people would want to play the most.

The name is only a name after all... by naming it GT7 you can increase the campaign mode part but the main focus can still be the mode sport, or keeping it at big as now ...

The main focus can be subjective in order of how you want to play it or which part people would want to play the most.
I know this and you know this. What Kaz is saying is how HE labels the game.

I know this and you know this. What Kaz is saying is how HE labels the game.

But the content can be bigger in both, sport mode and capaign mode, so the main focus is your choice after all and the name doesn't matter.

But the content can be bigger in both, sport mode and capaign mode, so the main focus is your choice after all and the name doesn't matter.
If we measure the content. There is more GT League content than SPort MOde. Sport MOde only have three Daily Races, recently added Time Trial, four FIA races per week(Supra Cup may be a one off this year). No matter how many more people play gT League than SPort MOde, PD's focus is Sport Mode for this game. I can focus more on GT League, still doesn't mean I change PD's label of the game they marketed as "Sport".

If we measure the content. There is more GT League content than SPort MOde. Sport MOde only have three Daily Races, recently added Time Trial, four FIA races per week(Supra Cup may be a one off this year). No matter how many more people play gT League than SPort MOde, PD's focus is Sport Mode for this game. I can focus more on GT League, still doesn't mean I change PD's label of the game they marketed as "Sport".

Sport is against IA too, even hotlaps. Sport is only a name or a label and it's very large in meaning.

Sport Mode has some content, but it could be bigger, at this moment it is not that big.

PD's focus is many things for this game, Campaign mode, VR, livery editor, sharing community, online, FIA, classic cars, VGT cars, ... Not only one... And that is a good thing.

Without rocking the boat here but what does it matter what GTs next iteration is called, weather it’s GT7, GT8 or just Granturismo at the end of the day all that matters is that the game is good and I’ll buy it regardless of its name.

Without rocking the boat here but what does it matter what GTs next iteration is called, weather it’s GT7, GT8 or just Granturismo at the end of the day all that matters is that the game is good and I’ll buy it regardless of its name.
I mentioned the same in a previous post. Should be a good game.

PD started as a small internal studio from sony and started with all fantasy tracks which is part off the asian culture, but look how they have changed already in that way with FIA Certified and partnerships with Michelin, Porsche,... like Kaz said: past present future, fantasy is a part off the past if u look closely how the game has involved.. the real driving simulator(online, VR,..) is there future, thats what i believe and like!

Latest Posts

Back