NFL General Discussion

I cant wait for the season. I'm anxious to see how Wade Phillips will handle the team and if Tony Romo is really the phenom people made him out to be.

Romo is a homo. The second part of his season sucked, he's lucky they pick for the pro bowl half way, or he never would of made it. The best part of his season, was when he botched the snap that led to the Seahawks winning the game!👍 :sly: :dopey: :D :cool: :bowdown:

What I think will be interesting is to see how improver the Texans are.

Romo is a homo. The second part of his season sucked, he's lucky they pick for the pro bowl half way, or he never would of made it. The best part of his season, was when he botched the snap that led to the Seahawks winning the game!👍 :sly: :dopey: :D :cool: :bowdown:

blasphemy.

Meh, Romo is Dallas's Saving grace. I'm hoping Dallas does fairly well this year. Texans though.. bleh, Texans will suck like always.

Meh, Romo is Dallas's Saving grace. I'm hoping Dallas does fairly well this year. Texans though.. bleh, Texans will suck like always.

I hate the cowboys! They call themselves America's team. If any team is America's team it should be he Pats.

I just hope my Hawks will pull through.

I hate the cowboys! They call themselves America's team. If any team is America's team it should be he Pats.

Wait, I thought that was the Saints since Katrina?

Anyway, I don't like any of the three, so I don't care.

Dallas Cowboys Used To be America's team back in the day due to the amount of fans that don't live in the Dallas area. The Saints pretty much are now. Your just mad because the Cowboys WILL win the superbowl. OOOOOOOOOOH YEEEEH.

Dallas Cowboys Used To be America's team back in the day due to the amount of fans that don't live in the Dallas area. The Saints pretty much are now. Your just mad because the Cowboys WILL win the superbowl. OOOOOOOOOOH YEEEEH.

Seahawk hater!👎

Seahawk hater!👎

Meh, I'm not a hater. I was just kidding around. The 'Hawks are ok, but I've been a cowboys fan my entire life. I always think they're going to win the superbowl, and then I end up dissapointed in the end. It's whatever, dissapointment is a big part of my life. :indiff:

Anyone have NFL Network? Is it a good channel? I'm thinking about getting it since they are starting to show football games there. Including the hall of fame game that I missed last night...

Anyone have NFL Network? Is it a good channel? I'm thinking about getting it since they are starting to show football games there. Including the hall of fame game that I missed last night...

I used to, befor they sued comcast into puting it on a paid subscription. But yes, it is one of the only channels i watched. but like i said, if you have comcast, you have to pay for the sports package to get it, my friend who i think has dish gets it fo free tho.

Meh, I'm not a hater. I was just kidding around. The 'Hawks are ok, but I've been a cowboys fan my entire life. I always think they're going to win the superbowl, and then I end up dissapointed in the end. It's whatever, dissapointment is a big part of my life. :indiff:
You want to talk disappointment? I'm a Rams fan. I'm also a University of Kentucky football and Cincinnatti Reds baseball fan.

I don't have it but the people I know that do say it is really only good during football season. The rest of the time they have a lot of filler programs that are related to football.

I used to, befor they sued comcast into puting it on a paid subscription. But yes, it is one of the only channels i watched. but like i said, if you have comcast, you have to pay for the sports package to get it, my friend who i think has dish gets it fo free tho.
Remember that a satellite subscription usually costs about the same as digital cable. I know that locally Insight has it on their regular digital package. Comcast's issue may have been that they didn't want to pay what they were asking. Isn't Comcast the same company that nearly dropped ESPN over pricing issues?

Aww it's one of those package deals...

Nevermind then.

Aww it's one of those package deals...

Nevermind then.
What, you don't want Fox Sports Alaska, or whatever they throw in with it? If you're really lucky you may even get the Curling and Figure Skating Channels.

Man, thats gotta suck, Kenny Irons is out for the season. The Bengals drafted him to take some of the heat off of Rudy Johnson because he caries it more than any other back, and now he's gotta do it again!

So Michael pleaded guilty...guess that's it for him. I don't see him coming back to the NFL. It's a max sentence of 5 years. If I were the Falcons, I would release him.

But I wish the best for Mike because I'm a huge fan, go Hokies! I'll always remember that Falcons vs. Packers playoff game!

ALSO! Check out my new avatar! Made it myself

So Michael pleaded guilty...guess that's it for him. I don't see him coming back to the NFL. It's a max sentence of 5 years. If I were the Falcons, I would release him.

Don't release him. Keep him on the roster and claim that his inability to play for you violates the terms for the incentive based money bonuses as well as money up front. and then get as much back as you can.

Don't release him. Keep him on the roster and claim that his inability to play for you violates the terms for the incentive based money bonuses as well as money up front. and then get as much back as you can.
No, they'l release him. From teh owner's perspective there is more at stake than just the Falcons. He is also Mr Home Depot. Non-football fans will boycott Home Depot, costing him more money than a few lost ticket sales.

Vick will not play for Atlanta again, and I will be surprised if anyone picks him up after he serves whatever sentence he receives.

What? No discussion of this weekend?

Granted, there weren't any really exciting games, that I could watch, but someone has to mention something. How about how horrible Rex Grossman is and how Joey Harrington is obviously still Harrington, despite the team he plays for.

Or for me, how Louisville's former coach, Bobby Petrino, went to Atlanta almost a day after saying he was staying in Louisville and is now regretting that decision.

What about Ocho Cinco wanting to create a stir with his antics again?

Anyone?

And I don't know who was watching the Bengals-Ravens game last night, but if you saw the ad for the nflshop.com kickoff 4-hour sale it was actually pretty decent. They were already lower for the beginning of teh season, but then they took another 20% off. I got a Steven Jackson replica road (white) jersey for $60.

The Steelers looked awesome this week, granted, they played the lowly Browns, but they dominated the game on both sides of the ball. After a horrible year last year, Ben Roethlisberger played a great, mistake free game in which he passed for 4 touchdowns.

The defense played an amazing game as well, with 6 sacks, 2 interceptions, and 1 fumble recovery. Mike Tomlin's debut really could not have gone any better. Now it's time to see them play against a real condender and see how they stack up.

Surprises in week 1:

- The Texans anniahlating the Chiefs, now unfortunetely this game was not on tv in my area, but the Texans absolutely dominated Kansas City, Mario Williams had 2 sacks and a fumble recovery for a TD, and Larry Johnson was rendered almost useless. I'm just curious to see whether the Chiefs are that bad, or the Texans are finally getting better. I think it's a little bit of both.

-Randy Moss' huge receiving day: After a few years in offensively inept Oakland, Randy Moss is playing with a legit QB and offense again and it's obviously making a world of difference. He ended up with 183 yards and a TD.

Chris Brown of the Titans also had a huge day against Jacksonville's once feared run defense, putting up 175 yards.

Besides that, it was a pretty predictable and uneventful week 1 in my book.

* Best wishes to the Buffalo Bills and especially to Kevin Everett, who suffered a serious spine injury and will likely be paralyzed. It's always sad to see such serious injuries in sports.

-Randy Moss' huge receiving day: After a few years in offensively inept Oakland, Randy Moss is playing with a legit QB and offense again and it's obviously making a world of difference. He ended up with 183 yards and a TD.
From ESPN's Page 2:

pats_300x.jpg

Let's see:

- Who knew the Saints would be so bad?
- Who knew the 9ers and Cards actually had a defense. We all know those teams have decent offense.
- The Ravens are looking a lot like Chicago.
- The Chargers obviously want to win... badly.
- Turns out KC is this year's Oakland from last year. And Oakland is this year's 49ers from last year.
- Why do I keep underrating Vince Young's ability to win games?

Update on the story of Kevin Everett of the Bills. Just two days ago they said he would never walk again because of his severe spinal cord injury during the kickoff of the second half, but he began to voluntarily move his arms and legs, and doctors are now confident that he will be able to walk again.

With all the negative press that the NFL gets with the off the field crime and such, it's nice to get some good news every once in a while.

story: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3016159

and http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014742

That's awesome news for Everett.

Like Danoff, here are my thoughts on week 1:
-The Titans put 250+ total rushing yards on that tough Jaguar defense, AT jacksonville!
-Colts look like Super Bowl champions, again. Thanks to Bob Sanders.
-Chiefs will have the worst offense.
-If the Packers can score 20+ points a game, then they'll conted for the NFC North title.
-Steven Jackson shoulda played in the preseason...
-Randy Moss shocked me with the 180 rec yards.
-Only reason the Niners won was because Cardinals didn't stick to their gameplan in the final 2 minutes. They shoulda blitzed like crazy on him. instead they played prevent. Come on! Prevent?
-Panthers look like the team they shoulda been last year.

Can't wait till week 2. Screw Niners!

Back