Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
It's times like these I feel sorry for wheel users, taking that through the Porsche curves flat out must be equivalent to several hundred bench presses.

I believe this is it:

Come on out, boys. You know the drill :sly:

Also:

0.jpg

I'm officially retiring the term "Called it" from my usage.

This is the one I found, includes hsv,

someone asked about the bet:
Let's formally set up the bet:
Contestants:
GTP_CargoRatt
Smurfybug
Thomas__633
Fortbo
Kembro
hsv
vs

RACECAR
NW48
SSQES
MarchingSaint
Eran0004
Red_Bull_Pro
The Bet:
That La Sarthe will not be the track for GT Round 4.
The Stake:
The losing team will have to wear a terrible avatar for a month.
All other people on any side are welcome!!

It's times like these I feel sorry for wheel users, taking that through the Porsche curves flat out must be equivalent to several hundred bench presses.

I did that with the Toyota TS030 earlier so it shouldn't be too hard for me (except for the obvious drivetrain difference but I'll get over it).

Contestants:
GTP_CargoRatt
Smurfybug
Thomas__633
Fortbo
Kembro
hsv
vs

RACECAR
NW48
SSQES
MarchingSaint
Eran0004
Red_Bull_Pro
The Bet:
The Stake:
I'll let hsv know.

Hey @hsv
depositphotos_40565359-Man-laughing.jpg

Contestants:
GTP_CargoRatt
Smurfybug
Thomas__633
Fortbo
Kembro
hsv
vs

RACECAR
NW48
SSQES
MarchingSaint
Eran0004
Red_Bull_Pro
The Bet:
The Stake:

I won something! :gtpflag:

Intersting Car to drive , also noticed after getting awarded the car for completing a lap when I went into the dealerships you can't actually buy it . still completing a Lap at La Sarthe is a nice way of earning it .

Last edited:
Fairy nuff, bets a bet and I lost, damn u PD. Cringe worthy Avatar for sure. July can't come quick enough.

The GTR LMP1 is a beast to hold straight on the wheel. Interesting handling, doesn't like slow tight corners, still getting to grips with it.

Car performance IMO is a letdown; 655pp and only 604hp!? Can't reach even 4th place playing the game's 24-minute of Le Mans.

Had it been 730pp and up to 1000hp I might have faith in the car's hope to win 24-hours of Le Mans.

Car performance IMO is a letdown; 655pp and only 604hp!? Can't reach even 4th place playing the game's 24-minute of Le Mans.

Had it been 730pp and up to 1000hp I might have faith in the car's hope to win 24-hours of Le Mans.
The Hybrid Power isn't calculated in the power. So that's not the actual in-game power figure. The same goes for the Toyota TS030.

Now, I'm definitely not the best GT Player ever, but using a DS3, it's actually quite easy to win the 24mins of Le Mans in the GTR-LM. With it being FF and the track being wet the entire time, the mighty Group C cars can't put that power down. I ran the event and didn't pit till the 12th minute, getting out to first by then, and stayed there until pitting with 2mins to go where the Pescarolo catches up but can't pass through the tight stuff.

In short, keep it clean, don't push too hard and the win should come. :)👍

Last edited:
Guaranteed to suck with PD's aero physics when aero is set to anything but near full ~cough Zytek~

Can we at least tone those down? When the aero is nearly maxed out, it's obvious that the car will be a stiff (as in too understeery) ride...

The Hybrid Power isn't calculated in the power. So that's not the actual in-gin-game power figure. The same goes for the Toyota TS030.

Now, I'm definitely not the best GT Player ever, but using a DS3, it's actually quite easy to win the 24mins of Le Mans in the GTR-LM. With it being FF and the track being wet the entire time, the mighty Group C cars can't put that power down. I ran the event and didn't pit till the 12th minute, getting out to first by then, and stayed there until pitting with 2mins to go where the Pescarolo catches up but can't pass through the tight stuff.

In short, keep it clean, don't push too hard and the win should come. :)👍

An interesting review, but does the car have the speed to keep up with the Group C cars? Their top speeds are around the 380 km/h, so the GT-R needs at least that amount of speed to keep them at bay, And it is curious that the FF drivtrain actually puts the power down better than the MR drivetrains on the wet. Guess there is a plus for the Nismo's system.

But what if we want Bob to win the race for us?

Can we at least tone those down? When the aero is nearly maxed out, it's obvious that the car will be a stiff (as in too understeery) ride...

An interesting review, but does the car have the speed to keep up with the Group C cars? Their top speeds are around the 380 km/h, so the GT-R needs at least that amount of speed to keep them at bay, And it is curious that the FF drivtrain actually puts the power down better than the MR drivetrains on the wet. Guess there is a plus for the Nismo's system.

Less aero = understeer.

It doesn't match the straight speed, however, the run off and into the corners is enough to keep a fair gap. The last 3mins is probably the only time (as it's dry) where that gap will close.

I haven't even touched B-Spec since the day it was implemented as I don't particularly like it so I can't comment on that.

Oh, my mistake, I stand corrected. That's how it works for racing cars? I thought it was the opposite, silly me. So what the GT-R needs is more aero?
I'm TTs etc the car runs with default aero, which is half of what max is usually.

Try the Lotus 97t at Spa on default and max aero and see a good example there.

It doesn't match the straight speed, however, the run off and into the corners is enough to keep a fair gap. The last 3mins is probably the only time (as it's dry) where that gap will close.

I haven't even touched B-Spec since the day it was implemented as I don't particularly like it so I can't comment on that.

So it's the corner speed that allows the GT-R to gain the seconds it'll invariably lose on the straights, correct? Otherwise, it'll be a tough time trying to hold the pack back, on a straight line speed battle.

And it's fair enough, I only really use Bob for the "longer" races, just to see how well he tackles those.

I'm TTs etc the car runs with default aero, which is half of what max is usually.

Try the Lotus 97t at Spa on default and max aero and see a good example there.

I see, I will give it a shot when I get back home.

And yes, it'll be a while before I can get my mitts on the GT-R. Until around 6:00 PM, in fact.

So it's the corner speed that allows the GT-R to gain the seconds it'll invariably lose on the straights, correct? Otherwise, it'll be a tough time trying to hold the pack back, on a straight line speed battle.
Yes. That and braking performance, I at least, feel I can take a the braking a lot deeper than other cars. It does loose time on the straight, providing the run off the corner isn't any good, however, depending on the circumstances, it can range between 0.1 to 1sec. All depends on track conditions and how you drive it off the corner.

And it's fair enough, I only really use Bob for the "longer" races, just to see how well he tackles those.

I see, I will give it a shot when I get back home.

And yes, it'll be a while before I can get my mitts on the GT-R. Until around 6:00 PM, in fact.
Be at least 9 hours here :lol:

Yes. That and braking performance, I at least, feel I can take a the braking a lot deeper than other cars. It does loose time on the straight, providing the run off the corner isn't any good, however, depending on the circumstances, it can range between 0.1 to 1sec. All depends on track conditions and how you drive it off the corner.

So it is more of a corner machine, much like most modern LMPs... Well, I know where to focus when I'm driving the darn thing. No need to try to out-speed the others, just try to gain as much as possible on the corners.

Be at least 9 hours here :lol:

Haha, I won't be here all that time. I do have a test (currently in uni as we speak) later today, but at least I can gain plently of knowledge. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back