Non-Racecar Super Lap: Mount Panorama Racing Circuit

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 262 comments
Well i have yet to try out @Crank U 1's second tune (posted on a somewhat awkwardly competing thread to this one; like all the positivity of it, but have yet to see the point) But i tried CRANK's first tune, and found it quite low geared: T'was hard to keep up momentum. But seeing the new one requires an oil change, it's a whole new ball game, so i'll thank CRANK and give it a go -afterall it should be more adjusted toward my DS3!
CRANK: I've come off on the ´"grip-issue" in respect of you, having a more sensitive feel to the game. If you don't feel -and nobody else reports- a difference in grip when provided with a sunny track, rather than an overcast one, i'm sure, it's not there. I just thought that when the toptimes are set in sunny conditions, the Sun=warm surface=better grip was a more plausible string of reason, than it just beeing shadows giving more accurate braking points, knowing that i, for one don't use shadows as braking points...
Ailric: I swear i'm doing 2.12.5 with that setup (and WhoGirl's doing even better), so the gears shouldn't be your first concern anyway...
How the hell are you doing that?! My setup is exactly like his now, exactly, I just don't understand how I'm now 7 seconds off the pace plus 5 seconds a lap slower than you! I wish someone could help me! It is a good setup better than the girl's one, in that the car is more stable. It must be something I'm doing or not doing. I swear I can't make it go faster or stop quicker... any ideas?

Go to your Driving Options and make sure you traction control is set to 0, and your ASM is off also, both slow you down.
Thanks will double check. I'm off to bed now anyway so maybe I'll have a go tomorrow. Everyone seems to have a magic acceleration button somewhere as both setups I've tried just don't go like your youtube video showed... Thanks again.:)

How the hell are you doing that?! My setup is exactly like his now, exactly, I just don't understand how I'm now 7 seconds off the pace plus 5 seconds a lap slower than you! I wish someone could help me! It is a good setup better than the girl's one, in that the car is more stable. It must be something I'm doing or not doing. I swear I can't make it go faster or stop quicker... any ideas?
For one: I'm not doing it´with HIS but with HER setup, we're clear about that, right??:lol:
..But i'm sure CRANK's is just as competitive!!
I've stated before: you can just keep grinding on this one. My first session was a low 2.17 and i thought that was quite a good lap that was gonna be hard to beat.... Good luck to ya' further on!

I think it got a lot to do with throttle control going in and out of the corners where you lose time or not with the GXS-R/4 and that what I am doing losing time with the throttle control.

Thanks will double check. I'm off to bed now anyway so maybe I'll have a go tomorrow. Everyone seems to have a magic acceleration button somewhere as both setups I've tried just don't go like your youtube video showed... Thanks again.:)
I was thinking exactly the same as you until got told from Rethima to do an oil change, cheers btw @Rethima 👍 :) And i just setup my power upgrades from there really. Gained 4 tenths on the straights alone with it everytime and i managed 5th place so all i can put it down to is your driving ability unfortunately.

done about an hour driving and fiddling with the setup, started out with setup by @CRANK_U1 but have mostly went over to the setup by @WhoosierGirl . The problem I have now is I cant get the car to work over the entire lap. I can get the car to work on the entire track except esses, and if I get it work in the esses, its horrible over the rest of the lap:grumpy:
I am down to 2:11.2, and I can see a 2:10.7 quite easily, so I might just be me whining too much and need to suck it up, but it's too far from the top for me to be satisfied.:(

et_
done about an hour driving and fiddling with the setup, started out with setup by @CRANK_U1 but have mostly went over to the setup by @WhoosierGirl . The problem I have now is I cant get the car to work over the entire lap. I can get the car to work on the entire track except esses, and if I get it work in the esses, its horrible over the rest of the lap:grumpy:
I am down to 2:11.2, and I can see a 2:10.7 quite easily, so I might just be me whining too much and need to suck it up, but it's too far from the top for me to be satisfied.:(
Praiano published a tune for this today. I haven't had time to try it. I'm curious to know how it works for you all.

I was being an idiot, passed the 200km mark and hence lost hp because of oil change:banghead:
also, I was running with LSD setup by @CRANK_U1 , I lowered the LSD figures, changed oil, added a little weight for even more power, and moved it backwards. Now I'm at 2:10.6, but I can see myself getting a 2:09 now, and thats more on pair what I feel I should be able to do:)

Playing friends list leapfrog with Stotty, 2:11.388

You're not going to see me leapfrong back :lol:

Had a short session on Saturday AM before heading off to family for the weekend... got in to the 11's, but despite running .3's at T1, I never really nailed the Mountain. No chance to run again as I'm now away for the rest of the week :)

Quite enjoyed this one, but lacked time to really have a proper go at it.

I also tought the Top people accelerate faster than me, but I was only because they get a better exit out of Turn1. Like Crank and all the others often said, you've got to carry the momentum throught the corner, which is sometimes very difficult.
If you don't, the Top ghosts pull away on the long straights, because they are getting higher speeds on corner exit!

I also tought the Top people accelerate faster than me, but I was only because they get a better exit out of Turn1. Like Crank and all the others often said, you've got to carry the momentum throught the corner, which is sometimes very difficult.
If you don't, the Top ghosts pull away on the long straights, because they are getting higher speeds on corner exit!

Try braking a bit earlier at T1 & T2. You can often find 1-2 tenths as it improves exit speed.

Sorry to be jumping threads here guys and a little bit off topic:rolleyes: but in response to @CRANK_U1 about my driving aids, I use Active Steering when available and I am a ABS:10 guy:dunce:. Thanks to good advice in a post about the cons of TC in one of the recent seasonal TT threads:tup:, I have kicked my TC habit:), throttle control improving. Gave ABS:1 a try recently- does bring more consistency and smoothness to keeping momentum. Will work to reduce my ABS habit, don't mind being slower at first if I can be a bit faster later.

Down to 2:11.553 but lost 3/10 in the last 2 sectors. A 2:10.xxx would be possible but I'm away with work for the next few days so that's me done. Here's my tune for what it's worth (hybrid Whoosier/Crank monster :D ). Using active steering (strong) & G27 @ 670 degrees.

94.1%, 247 BHP, 794 kg

105 / 102
5.00 / 6.20
3 / 3
4 / 4
6 / 6
0 / 0.2
-0.02 / 0.15
LSD 14/14/16
Ballast - 186 kg @ -10
Downforce 20

Stage 1 weight reduction
Sport converter
Exhaust manifold
Racing exhaust
Sports computer
Stage 3 tuning
Intake tuning
Oil change (need to change every 200km or so once PP starts to drop)
Restored body rigidity (not sure if this helps or not)

Transmission
3.400 final gear

My tune for the Suzuki: (merged whogirl and crank tune with some alterations)

Suspension:
Ride height: 95/85
Spring rate: 6.50/6.00
Dampers compression: 5/5
Dampers extension: 4/4
Anti-roll bars: 7/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 0.00/0.20
Brake balance: 7/3

Transmisson:
first set default, then max speed to 180kmh
1'st: 4.847
2'nd: 3.593
3'rd: 2.830
4'th: 2.320
5'th: 1.965
5'th: 1.695
Final gear: 3.000

Differential:
Initial torque: 12
Acceleration sensitivity: 20
Braking sensitivity: 18

Power:
Do oil change, install all power upgrades, and set limiter @97.3%

Body:
No weight reduction
Downforce: /20
Ballast weight: 170kg
Ballast position: +8%

Last edited:
After a lot of fiddling with the car settings this is what I got:

CAR DATA
========

Maker ............... : Suzuki
Model ............... : GSX-R/4 '01

Performance Points .. : 500
Track ...................... : Mount Panorama

PARTS ADDED
===========
Weight Reducion Stage 1
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Racing Brake Kit
Triple Plate Clutch Kit

OTHERS
======
Oil change every 200 kms

SETTINGS
========

Power (BHP) ......... : 254
Torque (kgfm) ...... : 20.0
Weight (Kg) ......... : 808
Tyres ................... : Sports Hard / Sports Hard

Ride Height (mm) ........ : 110/100
Spring Rate ................. : 5.76/4.34
Dampers (Compression) : 5/5
Dampers (Extension) ... : 10/10
Anti Roll Bars .............. : 7/7
Camber Angle (-) ........ : 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle ................... : -0.25/0.50
Brake Balance ............. : 4/2

LSD ............................ : 10/17/30
Downforce ................... : 0/20

Ballast Weight ............. : 200 kg
Ballast Position ............ : +11
Power Level ................. : 96.8%

TRANSMISSION
============

Initial Final Gear .. : 6000
Max Speed: 180 km/h
1st .... : ---- 4039
2nd .... : ---- 3180
3rd .... : ---- 2620
4th .... : ---- 2170
5th .... : ---- 1817
6th .... : ---- 1549
Final Gear .......... : 3375

AIDS
====
Active Steering ..... : Strong
ABS ..................... : 1

PB: 2'09.541

The use of active steering is a gain of at least half second.

Maybe someone should open a thread in the tuning section about racing brakes versus standard brakes as there's a big bug about this since GT6 release date, if you use racing brakes, the car is easier to control and the car behaviour is tighter, if you use standard brakes, the car is harder to control and the car behaviour is looser.

I won't have more spare time for this TT, so I'm done here.

Down to 2:11.553 but lost 3/10 in the last 2 sectors. A 2:10.xxx would be possible but I'm away with work for the next few days so that's me done. Here's my tune for what it's worth (hybrid Whoosier/Crank monster :D ). Using active steering (strong) & G27 @ 670 degrees.

94.1%, 247 BHP, 794 kg

105 / 102
5.00 / 6.20
3 / 3
4 / 4
6 / 6
0 / 0.2
-0.02 / 0.15
LSD 14/14/16
Ballast - 186 kg @ -10
Downforce 20

Stage 1 weight reduction
Sport converter
Exhaust manifold
Racing exhaust
Sports computer
Stage 3 tuning
Intake tuning
Oil change (need to change every 200km or so once PP starts to drop)
Restored body rigidity (not sure if this helps or not)

Transmission
3.400 final gear
Wow, pretty close to what I am running now with Cranks diff settings and a bit more rear toe at 22.

Improved .500 to a 2.13:236 which I got the exact same time twice in the 10 or so runs I did last night. Maybe a high 2:12.xxx if I can put a clean for me lap together.

Last edited:
Nice time eclipsi :cheers: and congratulations P1 :mad: :) :D

My setup to GSX

500PO/267HP ( no reduction weight only new oil )

Suspension
100/90
3.56/5.60
4/4
4/5
6/7
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.05

Lsd
45/60/35

Gearbox
Vmax: 190 3.000
1/4.667
2/3.649
3/2.914
4/2.372
5/2.030
6/1.763

Weight
822kg +182 /postion 0

Downforce
+18 or +20

Maybe someone should open a thread in the tuning section about racing brakes versus standard brakes as there's a big bug about this since GT6 release date, if you use racing brakes, the car is easier to control and the car behaviour is tighter, if you use standard brakes, the car is harder to control and the car behaviour is looser.

Amigo 👍

I remember you pointing this out during the WRS Team TT event in the Tommy Karia.

Weird that the strength of the rakes affects the handling... but probably shouldn't be a surprise given some of the oddities in the engine.

Back