Non-Racecar Super Lap: Mount Panorama Racing Circuit

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 262 comments
I have been PM'ed a few times asking for help with right foot brake on the downhill, I am terrible at describing how I do it.
More or less I do it how @Teitzy described earlier, coast and dab a little brake and throttle.
Posting a video with the gauges was suggested so I made one last night.

THANKS!!! This helped me get into the 2:13's still need to be smoother on entry into that last corner heading down the long downhill straight. Loose about .500 to your ghost at that point. Got a time of 2:13.859 with maybe another .500-.750 in it for me.

Plenty of time to do something about that if you want to. And why not: Great track; fun car!
I might try it again but why I gave up on this TT using the GXS-R/4 it was to tail happy and I could not get close to my ghost car as well and what you said in one of your post about the variations in the weather about the clouds that might play a big part why I am all over the track. :confused:

I'll have another go some stage this week I think I can get 211 high with a my tuning and driving style with this car if I can get it right as the 213 lap I did was only 1 lap with a base tune.
When I do these I normally spend about 15 minutes on these since that's about how long you would get in real life in a tt also I never use ghost replay or driving line.If your spending hours or days on end trying to get a fast times that's not skill that's the law of averages.
The problem I find in these time trials it's the ones that have unlimited time on there hands that get the fast times I really wish they put a lap or total time limit on tt also they need to disallow ghost replays and driving line when in tt but it will never happen :( anyway just my opinion on online tt.

Last edited:
I've always tried to use off-track braking markers that don't move or get covered by water/ darkness, shadows, etc

I might try it again but why I gave up on this TT using the GXS-R/4 it was to tail happy and I could not get close to my ghost car as well and what you said in one of your post about the variations in the weather about the clouds that might play a big part why I am all over the track. :confused:
I'd give it a go, making sure i got the sunny/warm track! At one time, i had a neat lap that i remember having a hard time matching. Next time i got the sunny track and i was in front of my ghost everytime till i beat it. I know my question about this was adressed to @Jbaffoh, but i'm sure interested in hearing other folks experiences; @JogoAsobi; you say you have known it for some time?

I know my question about this was adressed to @Jbaffoh, but i'm sure interested in hearing other folks experiences; @JogoAsobi; you say you have known it for some time?

I experienced the overcast/sunny difference, but I can't say it affected my times, tire grip,
or braking point & turn-in markers' visibilty on this Bathurst and previous Ascari TT.

I am no alien though, currently 2:15.6xx on this TT after a few laps (focus on Eiger ATM).
My paddle time for Ascari was 2:08.923, my clutch/manual trans time was 2:10.414.
---------------------------------------------
900º wheel, no wheel or driving aids, 0 ABS.

Last edited:
I experienced the overcast/sunny difference, but I can't say it affected my times, tire grip,
or braking point & turn-in markers' visibilty on this Bathurst and previous Ascari TT.

I am no alien though, currently 2:15.6xx on this TT after a few laps (focus on Eiger ATM).
My paddle time for Ascari was 2:08.923, my clutch/manual trans time was 2:10.414.
---------------------------------------------
900º wheel, no wheel or driving aids, 0 ABS.
Well edited: I was gonna ask about tire grip, that's where i think i feel some difference. Marker visibility is just bad luck, i think -and doesn't really matter...
But nothing there you say -perhaps it's just me:)

Well edited: I was gonna ask about tire grip, that's where i think i feel some difference. Marker visibility is just bad luck, i think -and doesn't really matter...

I do have to say sunny is my preference though. :)

I haven't noticed grip differences.

As for visibility, I actually used the shadows as brake markers for some corners in this TT. When I get the overcast track, there are no shadows--hence, no markers.

Yes, this is a very lazy approach.

I'll have another go some stage this week I think I can get 211 high with a my tuning and driving style with this car if I can get it right as the 213 lap I did was only 1 lap with a base tune.
When I do these I normally spend about 15 minutes on these since that's about how long you would get in real life in a tt also I never use ghost replay or driving line.If your spending hours or days on end trying to get a fast times that's not skill that's the law of averages.
The problem I find in these time trials it's the ones that have unlimited time on there hands that get the fast times I really wish they put a lap or total time limit on tt also they need to disallow ghost replays and driving line when in tt but it will never happen :( anyway just my opinion on online tt.
It will never happen ;) - neither should it. 👍 just my opinion though.
Congrats on your time and being so skillful as to only spend 15 min on each though well done 👍
Each to their own eh ?. Thats the beauty of the game it can be played and enjoyed by all skill levels, demographics and characters :) keep up the good work though and hope you can achieve your goal :) Took me close to 1400 ks to reach mine sub, 2:14 ( 2:13.762 ) and about 6 hours over 4 days. We should ALL have the opportunity to reach our goals and what you are suggesting is very unfair to the lesser skilled , like me .

Edit - Using both ghost replay and driving line :lol::lol::lol::lol: I rely on these like i rely on my specs :)

:cheers:

Last edited:
Yep you are so right , It will never happen ;) - neither should it. 👍 just my opinion though.
Congrats on your time and being so skillful as to only spend 15 min on each though well done 👍
Each to their own eh ?. Thats the beauty of the game it can be played and enjoyed by all skill levels, demographics and characters :) keep up the good work though and hope you can achieve your goal :)

:cheers:
Yes, god forbid that we should use the TT's as reasons to practice and improve our skills. We should be born with perfect technique for all car/track combos.

My best times are without ghosts or driving lines, but I find them good learning tools when first learning completely unfamiliar tracks.

I don't see anything majorly wrong with your driving... good smooth steering inputs 👍

You're just not carrying enough corner speed. I'm not sure which tune you're using, but to me it looks like you need to be a gear higher in almost every corner...

For example...

Turn at the top of the hill after T1 is 3rd gear... you drop to 2nd, and lose too much mid corner speed... you only finish around half way across the track on the exit... you should be carrying enough speed in 3rd for the momentum of the car to carry it on to the outside kerbing.

Other than that you just need to work on your lines a bit... you don't use the full width of the track.

Watch the top guys replays... it's easy to see what they do... just hard to do it yourself :lol:

Thanks Stotty! Much appreciated! :gtpflag:

When I do these I normally spend about 15 minutes on these since that's about how long you would get in real life in a tt also I never use ghost replay or driving line. If your spending hours or days on end trying to get a fast times that's not skill that's the law of averages.

The problem I find in these time trials it's the ones that have unlimited time on there hands that get the fast times I really wish they put a lap or total time limit on tt also they need to disallow ghost replays and driving line when in tt but it will never happen
C:\Users\stott.c\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
anyway just my opinion on online tt.

It's not real life, it's a game - and the same opportunities are there for everyone.

The bolded section is complete rubbish – most fast drivers get close to their limit very quickly – the rest of the post just sounds like trying to make an excuse for others being faster than you... most likely any of the top drivers could spend 15 mins on this and set a time you would not be able to match even if you had unlimited time.

Yeah, I just usually sit in front of my wheel for 4 hours a day and just wait until i'm lucky enough to get a good lap.... Jeez...

And to make it more like IRL there should be guy standing next to you whit a baseball bat who nocks you out everytime you crash badly, and when driving whit older cars that guy should poor a tank of gasoline on you and set you on fire while your still nocked out to really feel the pressure those real race drivers do!

Last edited:
Am i the only one experiencing this?, or
is it a wellknown TT-phenomenon nobody bothers to discuss anymore?

When i fire up this TT, it comes in two variations:

-One with a cloudy sky and Thus a different lighting: Road is dark, barely any shadowcasting from trees etc., or:
-One with a blue sky and much more light to the Whole Picture.

Think it's pretty much random which one shows up; i've seen 'em both several times AND i have taken screenshots to prove to myself, it's not in the head.

The thing is i now have the idea that it's also affecting track conditions: It seems there's better grip when i'm driving in the sunny version (which would make sence, of course). Surely that's worth mentioning here?

unless it's all at my end? (I'll be the laughing stock then)
Dug a Little further into this by watching a snip of the top 10 replays:

All the top ten laps are set in sunlight -that might support my theory about grip...

There are apparantly more than two variations of the TT: There are -very few- clouds in the replays of nbrs. 2,4,8 & 9 (at the time of writing), -none on the others...

Thats a strange opinion to have! Why do you think Michael Schumacher or Sebastian Loeb or any other good racecar driver are so successful? Of course there's plenty of talent, but they still started karting (and therefore practicing) at the age of 4 or 5.

And why should they disallow ghost replays? How do you think 90% of us all improve? By watching Top Replays and analyzing them.

I'm thinking that bug may be still active. It only seemed to do it with the GSX on me. I don't think the weather has anything to do with it as you maybe just slower not having shadows as brake markers.

I ran the GSX in arcade tt and got a low 10 fairly quickly. But im not sure if the grip is the same as online.

Last edited:
As a lot of you know I am big proponent of 0 ABS no aids when I do GT6.

So, if you stumble across my time of 2:15.3xxx using ABS 1, TC 5...
...its not that I am a poser,
I forgot to un-toggle the damn default settings. :irked:

Big thanks to fellow No SRF Group member @SW__10 for letting me know. 👍
I'll re-register later this evening.

Should the TPTB @ PD be lurking...
...please patch GT6 so default prefs can be reset across all events by users. 💡

-----------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Update

Big thanks to @SW__10's GSX-R/4 Suzuki tune....:bowdown:
....was able to re-register a 900º wheel/no assists/0 ABS time of 2:15.307. :)

Last edited:
Anybody got some advice after watching my video?

Watched your vid and it looks like a pretty good lap to me. I'm no top driver, my best is a lowly 2:15.0xx, but I can spot a couple of places where you could make up a quite a bit of time.
1. The sharp left-hander leading on to Conrod straight you need to hug the wall on the inside and get the power on as early as possible, before you can see the exit. You can lose a lot of time going wide there.
2. Going over the brow at the end of Conrod you need to straight-line it as much as possible so the car is pointing dead straight when you start braking. If the car is unstable when you hit the brakes it'll start snaking, won't slow down as efficiently and you run the risk of overshooting the next corner. Get it right and you can use a later braking point and still be confident that it'll slow down enough to make a good entry to the next corner.
And don't be disheartened if you can't match the top drivers. They have extraordinary skills that some of us will never match, but it doesn't stop us trying.

Just watched Raja's lap... what a lap :bowdown:

The speed he maintains on the way down the mountain, through the series of lefts and rights... perfect.

Lovely lap to watch and appreciate 👍

I'm thinking that bug may be still active. It only seemed to do it with the GSX on me. I don't think the weather has anything to do with it as you maybe just slower not having shadows as brake markers.

I ran the GSX in arcade tt and got a low 10 fairly quickly. But im not sure if the grip is the same as online.
I am just using your tune now to see if I can improve my time but as you said and you right about I maybe just slower not having shadows as brake markers but when I am behind my ghost car I always blame the weather. And when you said But im not sure if the grip is the same as online and that is something to think about when you practise in arcade mode for these TT and then go online it could be not the same grip.

I am just using your tune now to see if I can improve my time but as you said and you right about I maybe just slower not having shadows as brake markers but when I am behind my ghost car I always blame the weather. And when you said But im not sure if the grip is the same as online and that is something to think about when you practise in arcade mode for these TT and then go online it could be not the same grip.
I've been running a few cars on single player mode then trying them out on seasonal and theres a massive difference in grip levels. All this time i never known :embarrassed: :dopey:

Back