Non-Racecar Super Lap: Mount Panorama Racing Circuit

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 262 comments
I've been running a few cars on single player mode then trying them out on seasonal and theres a massive difference in grip levels. All this time i never known :embarrassed: :dopey:
See I practise most of these TT using your tunes and other members tune in arcade mode then I go online with that setup would that make a difference in the setup of the car and if the grip level is a lot different as well ?

I'll have another go some stage this week I think I can get 211 high with a my tuning and driving style with this car if I can get it right as the 213 lap I did was only 1 lap with a base tune.
When I do these I normally spend about 15 minutes on these since that's about how long you would get in real life in a tt also I never use ghost replay or driving line.If your spending hours or days on end trying to get a fast times that's not skill that's the law of averages.
The problem I find in these time trials it's the ones that have unlimited time on there hands that get the fast times I really wish they put a lap or total time limit on tt also they need to disallow ghost replays and driving line when in tt but it will never happen :( anyway just my opinion on online tt.
You are being incredibly selfish here. You are free to play the game as you please, so why not everyone else. It should in no way bother you if I choose to spend my day off trying to improve by practicing.

See I practise most of these TT using your tunes and other members tune in arcade mode then I go online with that setup would that make a difference in the setup of the car and if the grip level is a lot different as well ?
I guess you could lower your diff settings knowing that the car can grip better and it'll definitely effect your gear ratios i should imagine.

Watched your vid and it looks like a pretty good lap to me. I'm no top driver, my best is a lowly 2:15.0xx, but I can spot a couple of places where you could make up a quite a bit of time.
1. The sharp left-hander leading on to Conrod straight you need to hug the wall on the inside and get the power on as early as possible, before you can see the exit. You can lose a lot of time going wide there.
2. Going over the brow at the end of Conrod you need to straight-line it as much as possible so the car is pointing dead straight when you start braking. If the car is unstable when you hit the brakes it'll start snaking, won't slow down as efficiently and you run the risk of overshooting the next corner. Get it right and you can use a later braking point and still be confident that it'll slow down enough to make a good entry to the next corner.
And don't be disheartened if you can't match the top drivers. They have extraordinary skills that some of us will never match, but it doesn't stop us trying.
Will try later! Thanks for the advice.
Although there should be new seasonal events today, right?

Being 63 I thought I would like to be be in the over fifties group as my friends list contains only me. Really enjoying Bathurst at the moment & down to 2:16.xxx. I drove around this track in 1975 in my hotted HR Holden, which took a little longer. So hope I can make some friends to compete with because 845th doesn't sound that impressive to my family. Thanks to those who provide all the great tunes.

I'll have another go some stage this week I think I can get 211 high with a my tuning and driving style with this car if I can get it right as the 213 lap I did was only 1 lap with a base tune.
When I do these I normally spend about 15 minutes on these since that's about how long you would get in real life in a tt also I never use ghost replay or driving line.If your spending hours or days on end trying to get a fast times that's not skill that's the law of averages.
The problem I find in these time trials it's the ones that have unlimited time on there hands that get the fast times I really wish they put a lap or total time limit on tt also they need to disallow ghost replays and driving line when in tt but it will never happen :( anyway just my opinion on online tt.

Hi, I also drive 15 minutes, maybe the next day another 15 minutes.
But you mention that 15 minutes is normal in real life.
You made me wonder, and i went on the internet.
In real life the practice times are a bit longer.
Bathurst 1000 the racers get a practice time of 50 minutes.
The upcoming IPSWITCH 400, they get friday's three turns with a total of 70 minutes
Qualifying is shorter, 10 or 20 minutes.

I made a printscreen of it.

Is this right? Or can you explain your statement?
it's not that i don't believe you, i am wondering where you got your info.

or did you mean that because some gamers practice for days?

I tried a Range Rover Evoque tune at 500pp - it's a little bit heavy and slow to change direction on the downhill, but is quite good fun. Got 2:23.7xx after numerous DQs 'gauging' the track :ouch:.

Down to 2.12.507, still using @WhoosierGirl setup exept BB at 6 3, DS3, ABS 1, Steering Sensivity 4. Its amazing how you can keep finding time out there with this combo...

EDIT: ...and there goes the @dizzybell1....again:grumpy: ...:)

Sorry mate :D

Definitely another 0.5 sec on my current tune. As you say there is lots of time to be found (or lost) on this one.

Cheers
Leigh

Edit: Found another tenth - 1.12.354 :D . Off to bed now.

Last edited:

Sorry mate :D

Definitely another 0.5 sec on my current tune. As you say there is lots of time to be found (or lost) on this one.

Cheers
Leigh

Edit: Found another tenth - 1.12.354 :D . Off to bed now.
Well time is on my side then; it's still early here. I actually hit the wall -ever so lightly, but still- 3 (!) times on my lap, so i'll def. have another go.. nitenite;)

2:12.864 for a very early first place with the GXS-R/4
Hi I'm using your exact setup but struggling to beat the 2:18's. trying to get to near the top, but the top times (having used ghost laps etc all seem to be able to accelerate faster than me...maybe an adjustment needed with gear ratios? :-)

Down to 2.12.507, still using @WhoosierGirl setup exept BB at 6 3, DS3, ABS 1, Steering Sensivity 4. Its amazing how you can keep finding time out there with this combo...

EDIT: ...and there goes the @dizzybell1....again:grumpy: ...:)
Good effort I've done only a paltry 2:18 with the same setup. For some reason the gear ratios from 3-6 won't go as high as hers for some reason for me. I'm obviously losing time hugely somewhere just not sure where!

Hi I'm using your exact setup but struggling to beat the 2:18's. trying to get to near the top, but the top times (having used ghost laps etc all seem to be able to accelerate faster than me...maybe an adjustment needed with gear ratios? :-)
Well i'm using WhoGirl's (👍) gear ratios for a 2.12.5, so it should be able to carry you further. But as someone already has stated, it's very important to keep up momentum in this, not so powerfull car. Might that be the issue?

Good effort I've done only a paltry 2:18 with the same setup. For some reason the gear ratios from 3-6 won't go as high as hers for some reason for me. I'm obviously losing time hugely somewhere just not sure where!
If you can't get the gear ratios, make sure you install the power upgrades'n'all before you ULTIMATELY set the gears!:)

If you can't get the gear ratios, make sure you install the power upgrades'n'all before you ULTIMATELY set the gears!:)
Edit: And if you've done an oil change, it won't Work! I'm not an Expert, but i think i've learned, that the most important thing is to get the individual gears, followed by the final gearing right. Then it's not so important what your starting point is.....!?
TRIPLE POST!! So sorry didn't mean to; don't know what happened there!:guilty:
EDIT: NOW i know: "Edit" is too close to "Reply"...

Last edited:
Edit: And if you've done an oil change, it won't Work! I'm not an Expert, but i think i've learned, that the most important thing is to get the individual gears, followed by the final gearing right. Then it's not so important what your starting point is.....!?
TRIPLE POST!! So sorry didn't mean to; don't know what happened there!:guilty:
EDIT: NOW i know: "Edit" is too close to "Reply"...
I did the power upgrades then the gear ratios, no oil change. Still didn't work but higher gear ratios usually don't mean fast acceleration, in the real world at least. The top guys are visibly accelerating faster than I am! Not sure where I'm going wrong really. I really want to succeed at GTR academy and I need to work out how to go faster. Gaming is different to real world. I'm a racing driver in the real world and cars just don't behave the same as they do in GT6!! Sorry to post a big reply. :)

I did the power upgrades then the gear ratios, no oil change. Still didn't work but higher gear ratios usually don't mean fast acceleration, in the real world at least. The top guys are visibly accelerating faster than I am! Not sure where I'm going wrong really. I really want to succeed at GTR academy and I need to work out how to go faster. Gaming is different to real world. I'm a racing driver in the real world and cars just don't behave the same as they do in GT6!! Sorry to post a big reply. :)
I don't know what more i can say about the gear ratios, only it could be Wear and tear, on seldom occasions, when i can't get the gears right, i just buy a new car and start over, being very exact about the modifications -usually Works :)
But: Are you sure, it's acceleration? If they have a higher speed than you, comming off the brakes, it will look as if thery're accelerating away from you, whereas they just might have a higher speed to begin with. Again: Keep up momentum! 👍

Hi
Have you tried my updated setup yet? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...r-super-lap-rally-car-super-lap.312986/page-5 You need to do an oil change for better acceleration. Just copy my power and ballast setting & you should notice the difference.

I don't know what more i can say about the gear ratios, only it could be Wear and tear, on seldom occasions, when i can't get the gears right, i just buy a new car and start over, being very exact about the modifications -usually Works :)
But: Are you sure, it's acceleration? If they have a higher speed than you, comming off the brakes, it will look as if thery're accelerating away from you, whereas they just might have a higher speed to begin with. Again: Keep up momentum! 👍
No for sure they're accelerating waaaay faster than me. I mean I'm 9 seconds of the pace and the car will not go any faster I'm just at a loss for what to do. I'm pushing it as hard as it will go and there's 10's there but it's seconds I need there must be something I'm not doing because it's really annoying me!

Thanks
Hi
Have you tried my updated setup yet? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...r-super-lap-rally-car-super-lap.312986/page-5 You need to do an oil change for better acceleration. Just copy my power and ballast setting & you should notice the difference.
I'll give it a try!
I have been PM'ed a few times asking for help with right foot brake on the downhill, I am terrible at describing how I do it.
More or less I do it how @Teitzy described earlier, coast and dab a little brake and throttle.
Posting a video with the gauges was suggested so I made one last night.

I have been PM'ed a few times asking for help with right foot brake on the downhill, I am terrible at describing how I do it.
More or less I do it how @Teitzy described earlier, coast and dab a little brake and throttle.
Posting a video with the gauges was suggested so I made one last night.

Hi I'm using your setup you posted which is good but my car doesn't accelerate anywhere near as fast as yours, how on earth do you get it to do that please?

Well i have yet to try out @Crank U 1's second tune (posted on a somewhat awkwardly competing thread to this one; like all the positivity of it, but have yet to see the point) But i tried CRANK's first tune, and found it quite low geared: T'was hard to keep up momentum. But seeing the new one requires an oil change, it's a whole new ball game, so i'll thank CRANK and give it a go -afterall it should be more adjusted toward my DS3!
CRANK: I've come off on the ´"grip-issue" in respect of you, having a more sensitive feel to the game. If you don't feel -and nobody else reports- a difference in grip when provided with a sunny track, rather than an overcast one, i'm sure, it's not there. I just thought that when the toptimes are set in sunny conditions, the Sun=warm surface=better grip was a more plausible string of reason, than it just beeing shadows giving more accurate braking points, knowing that i, for one don't use shadows as braking points...
Ailric: I swear i'm doing 2.12.5 with that setup (and WhoGirl's doing even better), so the gears shouldn't be your first concern anyway...

Back