number of laps...

• Thread starter ving
  • 64 comments
Originally posted by under18carbon
I skip qualifying most of the time .
That's actually pretty silly, as qualifying can have numerous set-up and testing advantages.

On the other hand, I can see your point, as qualifying adds to the mileage of your car and hence, it takes less time for the oil light to come on...

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Yeh it was...have you seen my photographic proof? ;)

Masterblaster, you must have a real short attention span if you are being serious...
Take meds for it, you have a point 2 B made ?

Some times i wouldn't mind a good old 50 lap stint on Complex String...heh...brings back memories of the legendary one hundred lap event :)

you read my mind

man that was one long race just under 7 hours for myself

My PS2 was probably none the better after being left on for a whole night! :cheers:

So in the endurances, what do you do MasterBlaster? I dreaded that 2 hour Rome Endurance...that's a race i never want to do again...sorry bout what i said before then :cheers:

My PS2 was probably none the better after being left on for a whole night! :cheers:

So in the endurances, what do you do MasterBlaster? I dreaded that 2 hour Rome Endurance...that's a race i never want to do again...sorry bout what i said before then :cheers:
I Drink a litre of Mountain Dew, prior to the Event an go Zoom Zoom...
Gone like the wind, vroooooooooooooooom

Originally posted by SandStorm
On the other hand, I can see your point, as qualifying adds to the mileage of your car and hence, it takes less time for the oil light to come on...

That's true .

Anyway , I skip qualifying because ;

1. I usually run my cars stock , or depending on the competition , with minor mods into it . I want some tight , real close action with GT3's AI , so I prefer not to run qualifying .

2. For some reason , I don't tune my cars , so the testing parts during the qualifying goes out of the window. I'm not good at it and I'm still learning the tricks of the trade :)

Oh, Gone Like the Wind was torture...seriously. Worse than 10 hours on Super Speedway...dear God that was horrible...

Oh, Gone Like the Wind was torture...seriously. Worse than 10 hours on Super Speedway...dear God that was horrible...
Why 10 hours on Super Speedway? :odd:

Oh, and Like the ChickenWing(tm) was actually fun for me.

I was just using it as an example, i have never done 10 hours on Super Speedway, never hope to either.

Originally posted by SandStorm
Oh, and Like the ChickenWing(tm) was actually fun for me.
Figures with your intellectual level :mischievous:

I actually prefer 15-20 lap races.. Seems like a nice way to spend 30-40 minutes (depending on the track of course)..

Still - I fear the Endurance races.. Especially if I'm gonna take them in one seating... (note to self: Must get better co-driver)

And Seattle is the perfect length :D

/F

Originally posted by Flerbizky
Figures with your intellectual level :mischievous:

I actually prefer 15-20 lap races.. Seems like a nice way to spend 30-40 minutes (depending on the track of course)..

Still - I fear the Endurance races.. Especially if I'm gonna take them in one seating... (note to self: Must get better co-driver)

And Seattle is the perfect length :D

/F
thank god there are so many tracks to choose from would be quite borin traversing the Super Speedway all the time

Originally posted by Masterblaster
thank god there are so many tracks to choose from would be quite borin traversing the Super Speedway all the time
How about 20 laps on the Test Track in an un-moddded Vitz :mad:

/F

Originally posted by under18carbon
2 laps in a Vitz around Test Course would be enough to kill me .
Do you think one could actually die from boredom if one took the Vitz to the test track ?
(See - No Hi-jacking :D )

/F

Nobody's dissing the Pitz while I'm around :mischievous:

I just want them to bring back the Saxo for GT4 :D

/F

Which Saxo?
Citroen Saxo?

I've never heard about this car. If it was in GT2 , I don't know because I've never owned a PS1 and GT2. Tell me more about it.

Oh OK. Thanks for the links .

There's a Citroen Saxo WRC rally car too, right ? It would be a nice touch if they put this car in GT4. The current number of rally cars in GT3 isn't that much .

I don't think that there's a Saxo WRC. I've never heard of it anyway and Google comes up with some weird links.. I do know, however, that there's a Saxo Kitcar which could be mistaken for a WRC car... Nonetheless underpowered compared to the real WRC cars...

Cheers...

yeah the saxo rally car (kit car) is actually very competitive in its category and not at all slow. its only a 1.6 i think or 1.4.
but it still has plenty of get up n' go. :)

yeah i dint intent the boring tracks to be included in the thread... oh well, whats done is done

The Saxo competes in the Super 16 WRC event...(only for 1600cc engines)...It's kind of like a junior WRC. But if there is a Citroen Super 16 car in GT4, it will be the new C2...which is the replacement taking place next year i believe.

It depends on my mood. I gt bored after 2 laps of the test corse coz Its so boring staying on just one speed to whole race!

I enjoy the PD cup races in a car that requires you to pit on a regular occasion.

The Enduro's are fun (when it's close) but for the most part I prefer 10-20 laps.

AO

I prefer the most to be 5 laps ... just enough to catch up if you stuff up ... and just enough not to get thumb aches and moaning girlfriends ! :D :lol: :mad: ;)

It all depends on my mood. Sometimes a 2 lap race can be boring to the death and sometimes I can enjoy a 20 lap race (PD cup).

Back