Nurburgring tales (Post your cool nurburgring stories here!)

Well What do you know it was a close match. I made out the corners better than my friend and shaved off pretty good Milliseconds. The second to last curve I did way better than him. Then just when I thought I couldn't do any better, I guess drafting kinda helped........or maybe because I was going downhill. Either one.

I was blazing along the 'Ring in a Subaru 360 at 50mph. That was an awesome 17:58.xx

You are a little better than me. I did it in 18'03.004. The Citroen did it in 17'24.xxx. I still need to try to Fiat 500 and Honda N360, but I think the
Subaru 360 will be the slowest around the ring.

I for one did not realize the N360 existed til today. Maybe I'll be able to tell how well it might go when I race around the ring with the Daihatsu midget.

Don't use a Midget. If your opponents were Toyota Prius, It will be totally hard for you overtake them since the Midget's top speed is 54mph.

Hey look at me! No hands!​

So I woke up in the morning. Eat cereal and watched tv. Went down to the lower level of my house. Only to see that my friend, who somehow went inside my room and took my psp in my sleep, was racing around the ring with his toes! Thats just gross. Now my psp has his foot germs on it.

Me: WTF are you doing?

Dude: What? I'm beating your subaru record using nothing but my feet!

Me: But heres the difference, I used my hands not my dirty feet.

Dude: Yeah well guess I'm doing it with my feet.

Me: At least clip your ******* nails first!

Dude: Its my best grip. Without it, its almost impossible for me to hold on.

So he was close to beating my record, but no cigar. I took my psp away and washed it. Good thing he didn't scratch it. My psp is black and it has white buttons. It would have shown some scratches. But thankfully not. Now I gotta lock my door when sleeping from now on.

Only to see that my friend, who somehow went inside my room and took my psp in my sleep, was racing around the ring with his toes!

You should have made a video of that... Someone running at the Nurb with his feet... Really ? Steer, brake, throttle, shift gear ?

So he was close to beating my record, but no cigar.

Well, I guess he couldn't shift gear with his feet so to sum up, someone with AT and his feet almost beat your record... 💡 Man you should try with your feet ;) (+video :D) !!!

Have fun at the Nurburgring !!!

Yeah I should of really. He sat in a chair and used one toe for the analog and the other for the x and square. I can't imagine what else he can do with his toes.........actually I don't wanna know.

I forgot to mention it was my Subaru 360 record.

EDIT: good god that was time consuming. My left ankle was sore. I'm gonna see if I can post a cell phone video without using youtube.

Last edited:
Trying to find the slowest car, here are my times so far:
Subaru 360: 18'03.004
Citroen 2CV: 17'24.xxx
Honda Life Step Van: 14'04.678
Volkswagen Beetle: 13'14.435

still need to do the Honda N360 and the Mazda Carol 360.

Mazda Carol: 14'48.962

and I think a can shave a couple of seconds off that, I had one off.

The Carol has almost no acceleration, but once you get up to speed it seems to cruise pretty well. Until you get to a hill, that is. It also has a higher top speed than most of the others, so since it is still relatively slow, you only need to brake on a couple of corners so you can really keep the speed up and those few mph more at the top end really add up. Also the higher top speed lets you use the downhills better.

I know this a moot question, because we will be able to adjust the gearing, but if you had a G25 could you use the clutch to coast down the hills and go faster without the engines rpm limit slowing you down in GT5?

Next up, the Honda N360

So I woke up in the morning. Eat cereal and watched tv. Went down to the lower level of my house. Only to see that my friend, who somehow went inside my room and took my psp in my sleep, was racing around the ring with his toes! Thats just gross. Now my psp has his foot germs on it.

So he was close to beating my record, but no cigar. I took my psp away and washed it. Good thing he didn't scratch it. My psp is black and it has white buttons. It would have shown some scratches. But thankfully not. Now I gotta lock my door when sleeping from now on.

dude are you for real? you sure it wasn't early and you'd had a few bowls? lol

man that is some F'd up shizam right there, if my room mate would have tried some sick freaky shizzle like that i woulda prolly cut his feet off and beaten him to death with my psp, heck no way i would wanna play on it afterwards!

either way man sorry to hear that,

If your plotting revenge i got a few suggestions that might help.
like stirring his coffee with ya toes ...............sticking some ham between ya butt cheeks right before hes about to make a sandwich.....lmao aight i better stop ! before they take me back to the instituition.......:crazy:

Wow, you really must suck at Gran Turismo (JK :crazy: )

I did plot my revenge by the way. I dipped his PSP in the toilet. :sly:

And no I don't suck at Gran Turismo, its just that we drove a very slow subaru 360. Then again, I had no fun when I did it. Man maybe I should start a foot racing competition with my buds. Lets see how that goes. 💡

Honda N360: I had this written down as 12'56.378.

I think that was the time but it seems sooo much slower. This car feels even more under powered than the Subaru or the Mazda. The funny thing was this was the first car that wasn't limited by its gearing. In fact, I think I only got into 4th gear a couple of times. The problem was that it just didn't have the power to keep up the speed on any kind of up hill, and it didn't handle as well as the Mazda (comparetively) so I couldn't keep the speed up through the corners. But it still beat the Mazda so it must be doing something right. I also raced a Fiat 500 but the battery died during the second lap and I don't remember the first lap time, but I know it was less than the Subaru.

So unless anyone has any other suggestions, I think the Subaru wins the "Slowest Time Around the Ring".

I'll give the Subie another try. I don't remember it being as bad as the Honda seems, or the Mazda Carol. After I grind for some credits (still have a few tradeable cars to buy) I will take them all out again and see if I can improve and see which one has the most potential in GT5 when we will have more tuning options.

You go ahead and do that but whatever you do,

Never race in Nurburgring while drowsy.​

I was racing inside the ring with the W12 Nardo. I suffered an allergy attack. My nose was being a real douche because I was sneezing and stuffy. So I took a Benadryl. (Use as directed). I was on lap 2 in my citrus flavored car when all of the sudden my eyes wouldn't stay open. I tried very hard to keep em open especially in the long straight road vefore the finish line. I was probably day dreaming since my head was down.... Then I heard a loud screeching noise. *BAM!* Ahh! My nardo crashed into the guard rail on the right. Holy crap! I quickly got my car back on the road and got rammed by another car that caused me to launch at a speed not recommended for that curve. Hit the guard rail. Made a right, hit another guard rail, then finished in first. Holy crap imagine I was in the car! :nervous:

My awesome story actually comes form 20 minutes ago. After testing my skills on the Green Hell for a couple months, watching videos of professional laps, and reading interviews of nurburgring experts i finally made a complete perfect lap in a Mercedes SLR McLaren!! I never thought my first perfect lap would be in a supercar but i managed to do it. My time was 7:23.109 on S3 tires, mild tuning, pro physics and no aides without taking all four wheels off the track! There were some mistakes like taking the turn a little wide but with alot more practice i bet i could get a 7:20 or lower. I wish i knew how to upload my replay to prove my statement but im not tvery tech saavy. Next step would be to get a perfect lap in my dream car the Ford GT :D

The ring is very tough for me. It seems I can only drive it using standard physics.
I can lap it fast enough using my AE86 Trueno with little to no mistakes at all but when i switch to Professional Physics, awww!!! The car becomes jumpy and feels like Im using Ice skates on ICE ring! If only I can learn to use Professional Physics properly.

Nurburgring is so tough in this mode I still haven't found a car I can drive there without spinning.

NOOB!

One time trial lap on the ring with a Ferrari F2007 is enough of a challenge. Two laps in an S Class race is most likely disappointing. That didn’t stop me. Woke up (at 4pm), had my Wheaties (in chocolate milk), worked out (my thumbs) and hit the wheel.

I knew the odds were stacked against me when the car went sideways through the grass early on in lap one, but I didn’t lose much time. The distance between the other drivers and I was helpful as I was able to get a good feel for the car. I was quite surprised the Ferrari managed to stay on the track moving so fast, even on R3’s. Catching up to the three other cars wasn’t easy but I managed to feel the draft three minutes in. As my opponents began to line up at the long stretch, I followed suite and managed to pass P3 within seconds. I held my position close behind P2 and braked a half second later to pass him before lap two. The rest follows…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZquWzPMnd8

Last edited:
A Nurburgring drinking game? Now I've seen everything

No alcohol was used in this one just to give you all a heads up.

Me and 2 of my friends were being stupid as usual. We all have our GTPSPs and we all said funny remarks on what happened while we were all racing in La Sarthe. As one of my friends in a Ferrari beat us all in the dust, he constantly talked about how much of a bad car it is when driving with sports tires. So then, after my friends seen this thread on their iphones, they decided to do this:

Friend 1: Hey dude, you posting stuff bout that green ring huh?

Me: Yea you noticed huh? I can't really think of anything exciting to tell about this track as if right now.

Friend 1: How bout we have a drinking game based on it?

Me: You do realise that none of us are even close to the legal age of drinking right?

Friend 1: Yea. But I got something better and legal.

So what did he recommend? He decided to make a drink out of:

Cherry Coke
Orange juice (with pulp)
Lemon juice
Skim Milk

Friend 1: Alright, we take a test run with the Enzo Ferrari with Normal Tires. 1 lap, and for each time anyone of us falls of the track or crash, we take a drink out of this weird nasty mix drink. 1 fall out of the track equals one cup. Got it?

Friend 2: Oh, you know you only made this one up because I talked mad 🤬 about that car.

Me: Who cares! Lets have fun with this one.

Like always, we drive with professional physics so that didn't really help out my case.

Well, buddy 2 was up. For the start, it looked like he was going smoothly. Until he reached the first uphill of the track. Not only did he touch the grass, the hits a wall as well. Therefore, 2 drinks right there.

Friend 2: What the crap!??

Me: :lol:

Friend 2: Shut up! Don't laugh at that!

Well, he got back on the road. My other friend was already preparing the drink. :lol: Now he was about to reach th second uphill. Now he is moving slower than before.

Friend 2: Yeah! I got through the hill this time!👍

But did not keep his balance ont the turns that approached after the hill.

Me: Ha! Another drink mister!

This was his third drink.

He handled his car with care up to the point he was on a high speed part of the track. Unfortunately, He did not heed the warning on the left turn within that road and ends up understeering on that part. He ends up pulling donuts and hits the guard rail twice. He ends up with 4 more drinks because of this wipeout.

Friend 2: OH MY 🤬 GOD WHAT THE 🤬:mad:

Now comes the Carosel.

Friend 2: Oh hell no! This time i'm going 25. I don't care!

Now he reached the long straight road. He kept his car at gear 4. He really didn't want to take any chances. So he finished the lap at 10'46xxx and with with 7 disgusting mix drinks. And to describe how bad these drinks were, the friend with the 7 drinks puked after drink number 5. But still, he had to drink the rest.

Alright it was my turn.

The very first turn I came across I slew down to the slowest I can get. The first hill I did better than my bud. I slew down to gear 2. As I approached the second uphill, I wiped out after the left wheel touched the grass. I had one drink right there. Afterward, I had to be more careful. I had to go at least 1 gear lower than the expected number. As I approached the carosel, I wiped out and had to take 2 more drinks. 2 more minutes within the track, I was extremely paranoid when it came to going on the downhill parts of the track. But I still fell out and I had to take another. That was drink number 4. Lucky for me, the rest was smooth sailing. But I still had to taste 4 glasses of that awful drink. :yuck:

Now it was Friend 1's turn. As I like to express how bad his run was it would be so time consuming for me to tell how his run went. Lets just say it went so bad, he had to have 19 drinks.

Friend 1: AHHHHHH 🤬!

Gosh, no words can express how bad he had it. Well, except maybe the F bomb. Hours later, dinner was served. we had to decline because our stomachs were weak from that Ferrari game. :yuck:

I played that yesterday just with a go-kart and a viper in real life

Back