Nurburgring tales (Post your cool nurburgring stories here!)

Yes. But I set the traction control ON to 1.

I left mine on 5. I didn't really touch it.

I did today, however, drove 2 Subarus around the ring. 1 was the Impreza, and the second choice was the Legacy 2.0 GT. Even though the legacy was slower than the Prodrive, the legacy however handled certain turns and hills better than the Prodrive. But it was fun driving both around.

Later, I will drive the Amuse S2000 GT1 with no TCS, and drive those 2 Subarus with the same conditions. I will post how it went shortly.

Earlier this morning, I just bought this BLRA-3 Nissan Skyline Sport which costs 320,000 Cr, which made a hole in my wallet (virtually) , did it on the 'Ring slower than my Nissan Bluebird due to the low revs, 10'17.224. I almost regretted buying it.

I'm still having trouble with the formula gran turismo. Its too hard for me to get a clean lap. The ring is filled with apexs that cause the front wheels to bounce in the air. Then this causes me to crash or fall off into the grass.

Last edited:
Every foe in every f1 car makes a mistake in the 'Ring. How about trying an F10 in wet laps in the 24h course when GT5 comes out? What will you predict?

Today I'm going to try to get a clean lap around the ring with the FGT. I'm gonna set the settings on default as well.

Edit: still not clean. May take tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ah, Nürburgring: The most challenging course in the world. I've had some times on that track. I like it because only one lap on it would give you 50,000 Cr. on GTPSP.

Downside, it has really tough turns and bumpy roads.

I took my GT-R V spec out there for a free run and got about 7:40 on it.

The Driving Challenges for the Ring were pretty challenging as well. I got half Silver, half Bronze and I think I snuck a Gold in there.

Overall, the Nürburgring should be a track that should be practiced on more for new GT players.

Well I just created an account here. I am not a gamer but have been playing GT on my PSP for about 6 months on the Ring... My best time has been 6:58 in the Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00 . It's time to play others. I have just figured out how to connect online....I think. ??? I go to Ad-Hoc and there are 10 garages but they are all empty. How do I play you guys? Please help! I want to get out of my single player vacuum. The CPU controlled cars are boring me. I look forward to playing.

Well I just created an account here. I am not a gamer but have been playing GT on my PSP for about 6 months on the Ring... My best time has been 6:58 in the Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00 . It's time to play others. I have just figured out how to connect online....I think. ??? I go to Ad-Hoc and there are 10 garages but they are all empty. How do I play you guys? Please help! I want to get out of my single player vacuum. The CPU controlled cars are boring me. I look forward to playing.

Try using Ad-Hoc Party for PS3, if you have one. By the way, welcome to GTPlanet, dude.

That is wishful thinking. I can clearly understand how the ride quality of the FGT has changed. Since GT4, it was practically easy, but with complex controls like active steering, it won't be this easy.

P.S. I haven't replied for a week. Oh well.

I can try that, but the record won't be so speedy. But I might as well try anyways.

Did you ever get there? Have you made a clean lap yet and whats your best time? Thats probably the most difficult track/car combo in GTPSP. I did it a few months back, and looking at my video now, theres so many mistakes I'd love to go back and try it again if I can pull myself away from GT5 for a few hours....

Alright guys I'm back! I've been gone for awhile because I joined an after school debate club so I have been busy lately. And today, I have finally completed a clean lap with the FGT in the green ring. Its about time. I made a time of 6:47.196. I used these following settings:

Racing R3's
Aerodynamics: 70 82
Ride height: 0 0
Spring rate: 6 5
Damper: 8 8
Toe: +50 -50
Camber angle: 2.0 1.0

May not have played in awhile because of the new games I got for christmas. But I went back to it and completed the lap. Not bad for a slow run too. Thank you guys for not completely abandoning this thread. I will come back to posting more here in no time.

Racing R3's
Aerodynamics: 70 82
Ride height: 0 0
Spring rate: 6 5
Damper: 8 8
Toe: +50 -50
Camber angle: 2.0 1.0

I am not a tuning expert, but if you are using the curbs at all on the 'ring you might want to lower the Damper settings so it will handle them better. At least I think that is what I remember reading a long time ago.

Yeah I ran pretty much the completely the opposite. Very soft Springs/Dampers, Toe/Camber were set to 0/0, Aero at max and ride height at max height. Avoid the curbs as best as possible as it upsets the car too much and go as fast as you can.

Lancia - You said a 6:47.xxx, is that a typo and meant to be a 5.47??

6:47. I kinda drove a bit slower on certain parts. I'm gonna try to get better. Also I'm gonna use Peterjford's advice with the dampers. I can race around the ring and get it around the 5 minute mark with the F2007, but not with the FGT.

6:47. I kinda drove a bit slower on certain parts. I'm gonna try to get better. Also I'm gonna use Peterjford's advice with the dampers. I can race around the ring and get it around the 5 minute mark with the F2007, but not with the FGT.

I tried it once, but never I have done a clean lap in a F2007. Time: 5:58.xxx

Latest Posts

Back