Nurburgring tales (Post your cool nurburgring stories here!)

biggest fail ever...

Mazda 787B + Nurburgring = EPIC FAIL

CHALLENGE: DO A S-CLASS RACE ON THE GREEN HELL WITH THE 787B WITH R1 TIRES OR HIGHER AND SEE IF YOU COULD BEAT THE AI!!!??

Sorry I haven't been posting in ages. My internet has been disconnected. I'm losing my house. My parents are seperating. Not a good july for me.

^ Sorry to hear that. Separating parents are no joy. Do you have a place to goto that is stable?

The 787B is a car that I love for its looks and sound, but the AI it is put up against is usually to though for me.

Mine's worse:
A friend of mine hosted a competition using GT500 JGTC cars,5 laps no driving aids. Here's the grid:

1. WoodOne Tom's Supra
2. Takata Dome NSX(me)
3. Calsonic Skyline R34
4. Mobil 1 NSX

I was 5 seconds ahead at the Karussell when they started to spin out and crash full speed ahead. Final lap: just ahead of the Nurburg straight, we all spun out and crashed each other's cars. They just had a crashing spree, without knowing I escaped and went for the win.
Still, I walked away with a huge pile of game credits. The other players were livid, blaming who started it.

I did race in the nurburgring with a 787B it wasn't that bad. But I did stumble across some trouble racing in the Toyota GT-One race car. I spun around at least 1 time if I go around the Carosel. Don't know why. Even though I owned this game since christmas, I never raced in the green ring of death with a GT500. I'll drive it with the Takata Dome NSX. But after that, I'll drive without any aids and see what happens.

EDIT: My driving skills went from good to bad after a month and a half without any GT action. But I still did it.

Mazda RX-7 race car
Nissan Option steam Z
Mercedes benz CLK touring car
Honda Takata Dome NSX (Me)

1 lap around on S rank since I'm still recovering. My driving was very sloppy. Sometimes 1 wheel is on the road. Stupid me I kept letting that RX-7 pass me when it gets the chance. I have been a little sketchy around the hills. But I didn't give in. Thanks to some slipstreaming I caught up. But again, before I got on that long road that leads to the carosel, the hill that had a right turn made the RX-7 pass me. I, however, used slipstream to pass him in 3 seconds. I glide through the carosel with no problem. Then there goes another hill afterward and he almost passes me. Thankfully I hold up on the road this time. The downhills are always my troubling parts but yet I managed to get through that no problem. No careful finger working needed. Then theres that long straight road
to the finish line. The RX-7 still chasing me. But thankfully I made a perfect finish. No crashing at the part I need to use brakes for a long time. I'm currently at the road to recovery.

Last edited:
I managed to complete a perfect lap of the green ring of hell in my F2007 on professional

Hey all. New to this post and website, but I thought I'd make an account and tell some stories of my own here, since there's a bunch of really entertaining ones already.

If any of you ever get the chance, and you will, because we're all racing nerds, drive on the test course with a really fast car. I myself tend to go with a formula style, either the Ferrari F2007, or that one Polyphony Digital made. As soon as the race starts, turn around and drive in the opposite direction of the other drivers until you meet up. Now, is anyone getting my idea already? Slam into the other cars and the funnest mayhem ever will ensue, and you can do it for laps and laps, since the cars keep driving after they've finished. I reccommend trying to hit them on the turns. The banks provide an excellent means for air.

Btw, I hate the test course with a passion. I've driven on it so many times in so many boring races, with my Bugatti that I've now taken to falling in love with the other courses. I've actually done other crazy fun stuff on the course. If anyone has the Citroen GT, that BA car that sounds like a rocket and has one gear, you should try driving in reverse. It gets about 200 MPH. Fastest reverse driving I've ever seen. But I only use this course for credits (great income with S rank) and anti-homi/suicidal behavior, provided in euphoric amounts when you can crash the 🤬 out of the cars you hate. I only with there was damage. Oh, well.

I know this post is mostly about the 'Ring, but I thought other stories would be welcome. I'll try the 'Ring tonight and see if I can come up with any stories soon.

Thanks Lancia.

I went and did the Ring earlier today with a new car, I think it was a Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS, but I'm not certain. A touring car, for sure. Anyway, nothing really epic happened. I had my share of spins and sand in my wheels from those 🤬 traps, due to my thrash-n-crash driving style, but aside from that, it was just a long ash course. I actually think I'm gonna go take my Audi Le Mans quattro right now and see if I can whip up a good story.

^Toyota SuperAutobacs MR-S or ASL ARTA Garaiya? Good choices for JGTC GT300 cars. I drove them this morning and they're was quick around corners. But at the Karussell - the MR-S spun out.

P.S. By the way, welcome to the site, ILoveAudis.

Thanks dude.

Where is the Carousel at, anyway? I'm sure I've driven on it, but in relation to the map and landmarks, where would I find it to be sure?

And yeah, I checked, it was the Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX (IDK whats with the caps. Thats how the title was). It did look like the Garaiya, but it wasn't.
The next time Mazda comes around, I wanna get the RX-8 LM Racecar. I only remember RX-8 LM, so Racecar might not be right, but its another one of those pimpin' fast cars with the decals and spoilers.

Someone should post screen shots, or links to youtube videos with a description like the "Karussell is at 4:23". It is around halfway, about 180* corner, the inside is banked and paved with concrete, the outside of the corner is asphalt (tarmac?).

Someone should post screen shots, or links to youtube videos with a description like the "Karussell is at 4:23". It is around halfway, about 180* corner, the inside is banked and paved with concrete, the outside of the corner is asphalt (tarmac?).
Also its a great place for photography AND almost every car can do it at 50mph. There is another corner like that, two corners before the big straight. It is a 140 degree turn, also part concrete, part tarmac, but slighty faster.

nickheidfeld_bmw_nurburgring_nordschleife_2007_karussell.jpg

Nordschleife_image_of_Nurburgring_track.png

If you look at the map, it's on the 2nd half of the course. 12 km from the start/finish line.

Last edited:
Peanuts and The Ring

Well yesterday was another funny get together with us boys and the GTPSP's. My mom came home with some stuff from the supermarket. She bought those peanuts that are still in their shells. As I opened the bag and put them in a bowl, I thought of a little game.

Me: I just thought of something just randomly out of the blue.

Friend 3: what?

Me: lets do a time attack challenge. Each of us go on time trial on on own PSP's, we all pick the same car. Whoever has the slowest time must break open these peanuts in this bowl.....with your head.

Friend 2: lets all drive the Amuse S2000 GT1.

Friend 3: Oh its on!

Me: With standard tires.

Friend 3: Oh.....its still on!

I went first. My skills were rusty since i haven't played it in quite some time. The first hill I went too slow. I had a perfect run on the carosel. The downhills were not my finest hour.I spun out. But I got back and finished at 8:01.001. That was BAD!

Friend 2 was up. He was doing so much better than me. But before he got the part he had to slow down
from the high speed straight road, he spun out of control and hit 2 rails. But he manage to get 7:46.971.

Im biting my nails when friend 3 went up. He was going so well for the first 15 seconds. But somehow he lost control 30 seconds. Lost control on the first uphill. Lost control on the second uphill.
Lost control on the carosel. Lost control on the turn before he slowed down on the high speed straight. And he finishes with a time of 9:37.338.

Thank god! I wasn't the one breaking peanuts with my forehead.

Me: Well....better get started.

As I gave him the first nut, he bashed his head on the shell. That looked painful. 3 minutes later:

Me: How many you breaked so far.

Friend 3: I think the brain damage made me lose count after 7.

Me: let me help you.

As I broke one with my head, I realized I did it so hard, I end up cracking the class on the glass top table!

Me:AHHH CRAP!!:scared:

Friend 2: Nice one idiot.

I will never break peanuts on a glass table ever again.

Last edited:
Did you and your friends try it with Standard or Pro physics? I have tried the S2000, standard physics, S1 and TCS 3. It gave me a 7'27.xxx. I spun out halfway through and drove on the grass a couple of times.

Tell me about it

For an S2000 having approx. 510hp (The stats tell me it's 394hp), having a single turbocharger and feels like a race car. Believe me, its performance stats are on par with the RUF CTR2, the HPA R32 Golf and the Mine's R34. But I never tried bringing a tuned car on N1 tyres on the 'Ring yet. So yesterday I took it for a spin having its ASM on. If I'd turned it off, my S2000 will be uncontrollable on jumps.

I wonder how a nascar race car would do on the ring? Same as the s2000 with no ASM?

EDIT: Alright I did the ring with the S2000 GT1 again. S1's and pro physics. STILL not a clean run. Got 8:10.307
Going to do this again with ASM off.

EDIT: Oh goodness! Despite having ASM off, s1 tires, and pro physics, I did better. 7:50.110

Last edited:
Wilford Brimley???

After dinner I walked over to my friends house to fool around on the web and some GTPSP action. While one of my friends were browsing youtube, my friend who suffer brain damage from cracking serveral peanuts with his head came up with a revenge plot.

Friend 2: Hey bud, I was just thinking..

Me: Wait? You can still think after bashing your head over and over?

Friend 1: I was thinking the same thing.

Friend 2: :grumpy: anyways...... Lets say we try this again. The ring, no ASM, you know. The same thing we did before. Well this time no ASM but you know what I mean. Same car and all those conditions. Except no one is gonna crack nuts, one of was will watch a video that is easily used as a toture device.

Me: sounds fun. Ok then.

As I drove my white S2000 GT1, I defenetly felts improvements throughout the course. I did not wipeout on the first hill, did not wipeout on the second hill but I did went pretty slow. I maintained control on the carosel, but wipedout on the downhill sections. But quickly recovered. This leaves me with a record with 7:59.681

Friend 2's turn. As he drove his silver S2000 GT1, he destroyed me at everything. Not 1 wipeout. Got 7:48.487

Oh boy....the torture device was on me.

Friend 2: Yeah, and what?

Me: .......

Friend 2: Hey, put up the long *** video of that diabeetus guy.

Friend 1: oh boy he will get a kick out of this. :sly:

They put headphones on me at FULL VOLUME and played this video of Wilford brimley, say "Diabeetus" over and over again for 10 whole minutes! Arrgh! :crazy:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=1eApR0PFP50

Me: Ugh......:yuck:

Friend 1: had fun?

Me: Hell ******* no!

Its stuck in my head and I hear a loud ringing noise in my ears.

O.O diabeetus DIABEETUS diabeetus DIABEETUS diabeetus.....

Last edited:
Back