Nurburgring tales (Post your cool nurburgring stories here!)

I tried it once, but never I have done a clean lap in a F2007. Time: 5:58.xxx

The ring tends to frown upon FGT's and F2007. Adjusting its settings to withstand the bending curves and hills is a tough one. But as I raced around the ring with the F2007, I studied certain patterns and came across this:

1. The F2007's turning can accidently kick you off the road if you are using the same reflexes you use on a normal or race car.

2. The Apexs are the main cause of ruining clean laps. Its causes the front wheels to fly high and causes the F2007 to lose complete control.

3. Like I said on number 1, If you use the wrong reflexes on hills, its not gonna be a fun day at a park. It will not end pretty.

4. It appears that R3's are still insuffiencient on a FGT to ensure proper grip. I guess it requires skill and proper settings adjustments.

As of today, I have still not succeeded in beating my new FGT record on the Ring. So I gotta keep making adjustments on the FGT and the way I drive.

Last edited:
The ring tends to frown upon FGT's and F2007. Adjusting its settings to withstand the bending curves and hills is a tough one. But as I raced around the ring with the F2007, I studied certain patterns and came across this:

1. The F2007's turning can accidently kick you off the road if you are using the same reflexes you use on a normal or race car.

2. The Apexs are the main cause of ruining clean laps. Its causes the front wheels to fly high and causes the F2007 to lose complete control.

3. Like I said on number 1, If you use the wrong reflexes on hills, its not gonna be a fun day at a park. It will not end pretty.

4. It appears that R3's are still insuffiencient on a FGT to ensure proper grip. I guess it requires skill and proper settings adjustments.

As of today, I have still not succeeded in beating my new FGT record on the Ring. So I gotta keep making adjustments on the FGT and the way I drive.

Those apexes are annoying when it comes to F1 cars. They're extremely light, actually.

If you're hitting 6:47's or higher, I think your just going too slow. Not as in a bad driver, as in too slow to get the cars to work properly. The faster you go, the higher your downforce, therefore the more planted you are and the faster you can go.

2 key things I did for my lap in the FGT. Make sure your straight before you slam on the go pedal, and avoid the curbs as best you can.

Also due to the bumpiness of the Nurburgring, I raised the height of the FGT to maximum and softened the springs to get around those bumps.

Yeah I went slow because of its steering as well. I'll use your suggestion on the ride height and the springs later. I'm still trying to beat 6:47.

EDIT: New record. 6:09.670. Much better.

Well, I got the record of 5:28.690 on my F2007. New record as well. Shattered 2 Formula 1 records both in one attempt.

Last edited:
Yeah I went slow because of its steering as well. I'll use your suggestion on the ride height and the springs later. I'm still trying to beat 6:47.

EDIT: New record. 6:09.670. Much better.

Well, I got the record of 5:28.690 on my F2007. New record as well. Shattered 2 Formula 1 records both in one attempt.

Congratulations on that attempt.

I was online. I could tell this was gonna be an awesome race. I had qualified first, and I had 15 snarling cars behind me. 3.. 2.. 1.. GO! I slammed on the throttle and hurtled into the first corner, broke, and then everyone piled into me. I rage quitted the game for that day.

I always play in cockpit view... and was setting a race with no assist, S1 tires, S class AI, and that 90's Jaguar (don't remember his name.. 500hp or so) as my car. Starting the race I did notice that you can barely see anything, and said to myself :drool: "oh! this is going to be a wild race", but I din't knew how much fun it was going to be.. trying to to keep the powerfull car on track blind most of the time (that put on test how well you know the Ring), and the AI pushing behind you all the way to the finish line, it was the funniest race I have ever done.

Some time has passed... and I tried to replicate that race, but before that did some races with the Ferrari F2007 and it was alot of fun too. the AI crashing all over the place and you dodging them to past... either way, I managed a 5'05.xxx with that beast then tried my previews challenge with the Jaguar and men it was so SLOW!, it was like a slowmotion race for me. The longest race ever! for me (and I have done laps with a classic beetle) and I was so impressed with the change in my speed perception but now I know why arcade racers says GT is "too slow". :sly:

has anyone ever gone below 5 mins on the ring?

Doubt it, thats requires somebody to use a buggati and manage to drive it the same way a person drives a F2007.

I got to figure out how to get the FGT to go below the 6 minute mark.

I'm also going to do what GranTurismoPSP did and try to get my Buick special to go on the low 7 minute mark. But the way it handles is so inadequate with the ring.

And also may get a Daihatsu and drive a lap around it. This also may tempt me to drive the old beetle around the ring again.

has anyone ever gone below 5 mins on the ring?

I have seen it done on GT4, with the Minolta, the Formula GT and Sauber race cars. But haven't seen it done in GT PSP. I assume its possible with Standard Physics and one of the F1 cars, but have never attempted it myself.

Doubt it, thats requires somebody to use a buggati and manage to drive it the same way a person drives a F2007.

I got to figure out how to get the FGT to go below the 6 minute mark.

I'm also going to do what GranTurismoPSP did and try to get my Buick special to go on the low 7 minute mark. But the way it handles is so inadequate with the ring.

And also may get a Daihatsu and drive a lap around it. This also may tempt me to drive the old beetle around the ring again.

There's no way a 'Bug (Veyron) can do it on the ring below the 5 or 6-minute mark. I assume it's too heavy. And it's harder to drive than the heavier SL65 AMG.

About the Buick Special - It handles more of a muscle car, even this car is tuned to an enormous amount of power (remember SEMA 2003?). I wonder if that car is a bit slower than a BMW M5. I may go for an another run in that Bimmer - prev. time's 7:06.637.

When I first started I would drive every car I bought around the 'ring. I was pleasantly surprised by some (Acura NSX), and disappointed by others (Audi R8 LMS). Then I got online one night someone shared their cars with me. I went from 100 to 4400. I don't know if I will ever get around to driving all 830 cars around the ring, but I am going to try. Its a great track to find the strengths and weakness of a car and I try to give every car a chance, even the Daihatsu Midget.

What, a Citroen 2CV, you must be kidding

If you really want to have some fun on the Nurb, take a SLR McLaren with R3's on the front, S3's on the rear, pro physics and no driving aids

If you really want to have some fun on the Nurb, take a SLR McLaren with R3's on the front, S3's on the rear, pro physics and no driving aids

Fun? Maybe for a masochist. Those S3's on the rear must be a handful.

I managed to do it in 7:35.775 with R1's on the front, the key is to slide it around the corners.

I don't remember what car exactly I was using but I know it was some type of GT for sure. But I was racing 20 laps around it w/ a time change & Man did I ever drive like a Grandpa! lol I'm a horrible night time driver in real life and oh boy did that ever reflect in my online racing. There must have been ten laps at night and I was only going 60 mph. The leader lapped me six times during night and he was talking trash to me everytime he passed me up. All I could ever say to him was "Wow I would think you would show me respect for roughing it out and not quiting a 2 hr race" he was so full of himself I guess I'm glad I boosted his ego lol. In my eyes it's not like that/ about that. I was looking for a challenge and did not quit. It also taught me a personal lesson, I shouldn't drive night courses

I don't remember what car exactly I was using but I know it was some type of GT for sure. But I was racing 20 laps around it w/ a time change & Man did I ever drive like a Grandpa! lol I'm a horrible night time driver in real life and oh boy did that ever reflect in my online racing. There must have been ten laps at night and I was only going 60 mph. The leader lapped me six times during night and he was talking trash to me everytime he passed me up. All I could ever say to him was "Wow I would think you would show me respect for roughing it out and not quiting a 2 hr race" he was so full of himself I guess I'm glad I boosted his ego lol. In my eyes it's not like that/ about that. I was looking for a challenge and did not quit. It also taught me a personal lesson, I shouldn't drive night courses

While I did enjoy reading your story, this particular thread is about stories on the Nurburgring in the PSP version of Gran Turismo, not Gran Turismo 5. Some people might get confused about the night racing.

Back