Official 2011/12 Barclays Premier League Thread

• Thread starter iScoRcHv
  • 1,036 comments
3-1 to United v Chelsea today, great game but I don't know how more goals wern't scored. United could of had 2 more and Chelsea could have scored a few more. The game could of finished 5-5 on another day. great game, torres missed a sitter but otherwise he played possibly his best game for Chelsea since they signed him.

3-1 to United v Chelsea today, great game but I don't know how more goals wern't scored. United could of had 2 more and Chelsea could have scored a few more. The game could of finished 5-5 on another day. great game, torres missed a sitter but otherwise he played possibly his best game for Chelsea since they signed him.

I really feel sorry for torres missing that. Also, it would be amazing to see that rooney-like bicycle kick scored against the scum united, perhaps that would shut them up about that goal:grumpy:

Anyway, arsenal's defence is still massively flawed, with everyone running around out of position like headless chickens. Can't wait for Vermaelen to make a return.

That miss on Torres... wow. Not the 2nd close one but that wide open net. Couldn't believe he missed that. Almost feel sorry for him. I get the impression that under AVB and this season he'll finally get back to the old el nino we once new at Liverpool. Chelsea could have won that game but it was Man U who took it at home. Should be a good game when Man U plays the return match at Stamford Bridge.

Your Arsenal... ouch. 2 own goals was it? Wenger better brush up his resume if this keeps up. Can't believe last season you gunners were in contention for the title and now sit at 17th place just 1 point above relegation zone (I know, WAY too early to say that but 4 points on the first 5 games and a goal differential of -8 isn't what Arsenal is known for. Shame cuz my buddy who's a gunner fan won't talk about the EPL yet with me. Can't say I blame him.

That Liverpool x Tottenham match... I didn't expect that either. 4-0, wow... Dear Daglish and 'pool... should have had Meireles as key starter, day in and day out. Instead you look worse and worse each game you play after dumping him off to Chelsea :P

Last edited:

Heres my view of the game, barring ashley cole killing the tiny pea and that nani goael.

zPBf4.gif
5mkgG.gif

rQRHa.gif
44als.gif

RNHaa.gif
sxaEb.gif

also bonus screenshot of manchester uniteds newest player
N9r8Q.jpg

I guess at least we arent arsenal but I never expected us to win anyway.

I still wonder if Torres will go back to his good playing time in that match or if because of that horrible open net miss he'll go back to not scoring and choking all over.

Not related to EPL but Gasperini, Inter's current (well... lol) coach was sacked today. Horrible start for Inter Milan. Losing twice in Serie A, drawing once, and losing at home to Trazenspor (sp?) for the CL. Saw it coming a mile away too. Renieri might take reigns at Inter now.

I still wonder if Torres will go back to his good playing time in that match or if because of that horrible open net miss he'll go back to not scoring and choking all over.

Not related to EPL but Gasperini, Inter's current (well... lol) coach was sacked today. Horrible start for Inter Milan. Losing twice in Serie A, drawing once, and losing at home to Trazenspor (sp?) for the CL. Saw it coming a mile away too. Renieri might take reigns at Inter now.

Arent Inter bottom of the league.

Also venger must walk.

Arent Inter bottom of the league.

Also venger must walk.

Basically, Inter right now sits at 17th place on 1pt from just 3 games. 2 years ago they won EVERYTHING possible under Mourinho. A treble that's never been won in Italy. Neither Rafa Benitez nor Leonardo nor Gasperini, all former Inter coaches post Mou's reign, could even get remotely close to contending any title/trophy. It's just a completely different club now which is sad (Inter fan). And seeing as Inter's board is a no nonsense board... you'd think Arsenal should be taking notes, following similar and sacking Arsene Wenger

Basically, Inter right now sits at 17th place on 1pt from just 3 games. 2 years ago they won EVERYTHING possible under Mourinho. A treble that's never been won in Italy. Neither Rafa Benitez nor Leonardo nor Gasperini, all former Inter coaches post Mou's reign, could even get remotely close to contending any title/trophy. It's just a completely different club now which is sad (Inter fan). And seeing as Inter's board is a no nonsense board... you'd think Arsenal should be taking notes, following similar and sacking Arsene Wenger

You've got ranieri now, idk how good he was in Italy with roma and juve.

You've got ranieri now, idk how good he was in Italy with roma and juve.

My Italian coworker told me something about Ranieri, which I thought was just rumors... and after reading your post I went to dig the web and.. low and behold he's the new Inter coach!

I kinda liked him when he was at Juve but the players just weren't performing. Ranieri was at Roma and they seemed to do well up until some issues with the board and then Roma sank like lead weight in water especially after his departure. He did well for Parma, the town I lived in for 9 months, so I'm hoping he can bring Inter back to being remotely close to what Mourinho and Mancini had the club at. Inter is in disastrous form right now. Treble winners just 2 years ago... what a shame! Almost as bad as Portugal's Boavista who once won the league title within the last 10 years are facing DIVISIONAL footy, lower than 3rd division league, after being penalized for match fixing years back and selling off assets to the point the team crumbled and played so bad. That'll never happen to Inter but to me the feeling is the same. Treble winners to just above relegation zone and in trouble in the CL. what a shame...

Related to EPL... Am I the only one who thinks Frank Lampard has lost it and should be sold off?

I wouldn't worry yet about Bolton. They have already played Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, that's five games out of seven they didn't have much hope of taking anything out of. Their next five games are Wigan, Sunderland, Swansea, Stoke and West Brom, let's see where they are after them. If they are still in trouble then, Coyle will surely be out of his job.

Oh dear, they got simply humiliated today. I am a huge Kompany fan, but didn't expect City to take a win at Old Trafford. But this kind of result...

As a United supporter, I'm not best pleased by this result. :mad:
Oh well, at least Chelsea lost in the London derby between QPR.

I can't Believe How QPR played against the 9 men of Chelsea (Terrible)But what a Week to be a Gooner . Six in the City

Oh and Arsenal have 1-6 of their last 7 games :sly:

As an United fan myself, I'm saddened by the result. However, the only people I'm angry at are those who started to leave the stadium before Fletcher scored (0-3 at the moment). Those people cannot be called fans.

Still not as bad as Arsenal's 2-8.

Well, I've been to the game and, while City were ultimately better, scoreline flattered them a bit. I mean, in 89th minute, United adopted the 'equalise or get hammered trying' strategy - latter occurred. Balotelli's opener was against the run of play, while last 5 goals were combination of 10 men + shambolic defending.
I know fans of most teams hate United, but such joy? That's like celebrating another man giving your woman orgasm when you couldn't.

Well, I've been to the game and, while City were ultimately better, scoreline flattered them a bit. I mean, in 89th minute, United adopted the 'equalise or get hammered trying' strategy - latter occurred. Balotelli's opener was against the run of play, while last 5 goals were combination of 10 men + shambolic defending.
I know fans of most teams hate United, but such joy? That's like celebrating another man giving your woman orgasm when you couldn't.

Sorry if I went abit overboard m8 .You will still win he league though.

Oh and Epic Example :lol:

However, the only people I'm angry at are those who started to leave the stadium before Fletcher scored (0-3 at the moment). Those people cannot be called fans.
Have to agree there, why even bother showing up to support your team when the first time you're 3 goals down start leaving.

I've been going to see my team for about 6 years now and never left that early, and we've had some bad results over the years.

I have to say that first celebration by Balotelli :lol: I understand he's like something cutting under your nails when you're against him but I like it :D (Same is his celebration at Aston Villa)

City played better in the first half, but the sending off was a killer, especcially cause Kompany did the same thing to Welbeck in the first half and only got a yellow for it. Really, the fair result would have been 3-1, but United just laid back to much in the end, knowing they would lose.

Anyway, Tottenham winners again.:D

Well, I've been to the game and, while City were ultimately better, scoreline flattered them a bit. I mean, in 89th minute, United adopted the 'equalise or get hammered trying' strategy - latter occurred.

Indeed. Something similar happened here in Argentina, in a 2nd Division match, with River Plate winning 7 - 1 against a recently promoted team.

I reckon it's some sort of envy.

Have to agree there, why even bother showing up to support your team when the first time you're 3 goals down start leaving.

I've been going to see my team for about 6 years now and never left that early, and we've had some bad results over the years.

Right on. I know for sure I wouldn't go watch my team only to leave if they are losing.

I have to say that first celebration by Balotelli :lol: I understand he's like something cutting under your nails when you're against him but I like it :D (Same is his celebration at Aston Villa)

I've read a few things about Balotelli, it seems like he has an attitude problem. Enough for me to dislike him. :grumpy:

I know he has attitude issues, but I don't care for that when watching football. Same goes for Ronaldo, although I like him less since he left United.

The 6-1 scoreline flattered City but there's no doubting they deserved the 3 points. I still can't figure out why Fergie picked Evans for this game Jones and Smalling have both proven to be better centre backs than Evans in no time at all. I know smalling was at right back but he could of played Jones there and Smalling at CB or vice versa. I've not seen Evans give a solid 90 min performance for well over a season now. We need Vidic back match fit and Rafael would be a boost too. City's last 3 goals came when we had everyone up front and no protection at the back at all. It's a shame for De Gea if no one else, because he didn't really do much wrong, he just had no protection in front of him in the second half.

That said, Ferdinand didn't play well either, I think this result might be the wake up call we've needed though. We've looked great on the attack but we've been suspect at the back all season. We really needed a solution to David Silva yesterday and we didn't have one, but such is life. You just have to forget the score and think of it as nothing more than a loss.

Balotelli is quite possibly the funniest person ever. Absolute clown but has some talent.

I'm a little late to this but what a thrashing by Man City!!! And Man U was HOME!!! Wow. Stunned to say the least.

Chelsea got robbed. That match against QPR saw some really bad refereeing. Really bad! Like how does he instantly give a PK foul on David Luiz but neglects the 2-3 times DL was fouled in the QPR box? More blatant too. Just a shame.

Back