Official 2011/12 Barclays Premier League Thread

• Thread starter iScoRcHv
  • 1,036 comments
Man City needs to trip up for any EPL club to win the title in my book. Now that Man City is out of the cup and could be eliminated from the CL, it'll just give them more opportunity to win the EPL title.

I can't see Man City getting beat this season, hoping Tottenham can take 2nd though.:) Absolutly brilliant run of form from them at the moment and every other seems to be tripping over themselves, Scott Parker and Brad Friedel, though not exciting, were 2 of the best signings Tottenham have made in a while, typical Harry Redknapp.

Wow, quality of the Premier League has fallen, top 3 teams now all in the Europa League and I don't hold out much hope for Arsenal or Chelsea in the Champion's League.

Spectacular goal from RVP this weekend, absolutely brilliant.

Arsenal are a bit too reliant on him right now, though, but so long as he stays injury-free, then Arsenal will have a chance in all competitions...

I still can't get over how pathetic LFC is. Suarez is not a victim. Could you imagine Fergie prancing around a press conference with some stupid t-shirt trying to pretend that his star player who was found guilty of racist remarks was innocent? LMAO Liverpool have pretty much called themselves a racist club.

Liverpool really disappointed me today. Sloppy play against Wigan. And on top of that Suarez has an eight game suspension on the count of racism. It's not easy being an LFC fan.

At least Bayern Munich is being kickass.

I still can't get over how pathetic LFC is. Suarez is not a victim. Could you imagine Fergie prancing around a press conference with some stupid t-shirt trying to pretend that his star player who was found guilty of racist remarks was innocent? LMAO Liverpool have pretty much called themselves a racist club.

But Saurez hasn't exactly been proven guilty, they've only had one witness which was Evra, and apparently Saurez wasn't intending to be rascist, and he was from a mixed backround himself.

Take home message from the FA today:

If you're British, but look like Shrek, play for ManUre, maliciously kick players from behind while representing you country, we'll stand up for you and get your ban reduced.

If you're not British and of mixed race heritage, play for Liverpool and we can't prove you allegedly used a racist term when provoked with a racial slur from a ManUre player and nobody else heard, we'll hand you an utterly ridiculous ban.

We're against racism in football, as & when it suits us, and on our own terms.
Please continue kicking people for no reason because visible physical violence is much better advert for our sport.

:P

It'll be interesting to see how they treat John Terry's case. Then again, it probably won't, spineless gits at the FA seem to worship the ground he walks on, no matter if he's convicted or not, and they'll buy him a Bentley for the inconvenience of him having to defend himself. :rolleyes: :mad:

By defending it's own player who has been wrongly punished for racist abuse DESPITE the fact that Evra wrote in his statement Luis is not racist, Liverpool announce themselves as a racist club? Give me a break.

Here are the FACTS:

Suarez called Evra a Negrito, a term that includes colour but is used as 'mate' or 'pal'
Evra used the term Sudaco, which is an offensive term used against South Americans.
Evra admitted in his statement Suarez was not a racist.
Suarez admitted to the FA using the word Negrito because he is 100% sure it was not meant in an offensive way. This is the only evidence provided. He could have easily told them nothing.

The FA used Suarez as a scapegoat in a bid to gain the moral upper hand over Blatter. John Terry, England captain calls Anton Ferdinand a black c*** in plain view, and I bet the FA does nothing.

By defending it's own player who has been wrongly punished for racist abuse DESPITE the fact that Evra wrote in his statement Luis is not racist, Liverpool announce themselves as a racist club? Give me a break.

Here are the FACTS:

Suarez called Evra a Negrito, a term that includes colour but is used as 'mate' or 'pal'
Evra used the term Sudaco, which is an offensive term used against South Americans.
Evra admitted in his statement Suarez was not a racist.
Suarez admitted to the FA using the word Negrito because he is 100% sure it was not meant in an offensive way. This is the only evidence provided. He could have easily told them nothing.

The FA used Suarez as a scapegoat in a bid to gain the moral upper hand over Blatter. John Terry, England captain calls Anton Ferdinand a black c*** in plain view, and I bet the FA does nothing.

Scouse logic 💡

Talk about scape goats, what about Ferdinands 9 month ban for missing a drug test in 03? He didn't even fail the one he had the next day. Meanwhile several players since have had positive results for banned substances, and not one player has had a ban the size of Ferdinands.

I can't help but laugh at Liverpool for releasing such an embarrassing press release, that damaged the reputation of the club as a whole. Not only did it look like it was written by a pissed off 12 year old, but it also publicly slandered Patrice Evra, without proper research. Evra did not bring the issue with the Chelsea ground staff to the FA, Mike Phelan did. Instead Evra is punished with a 4 game ban for doing nothing more then being a innocent party in a accusation by Phelan.

The entire defence from Liverpool is shambolic. Ignorance is not an excuse. Suarez has lived in Europe long enough to understand the cultures. Either that or he's got a screw loose. Evra stated that Suarez was not a racist, but he didn't say he did not racially abuse him. It could be that Evra perceived this to be a one off slip of the tongue.

Perhaps next time Suarez should not utter the word when he's quite clearly winding up an opposition player.

Oh and show where Evra called Suarez Sudaco

Last edited:
FA again ban Suarez today for one game, due to the middle finger incident. Can't argue with the punishment, but Beckham, Rooney and Cole all did it and nothing happened. I'm not going to say it's because they were English, but it's worth considering.

I can definitely see Newcastle get something from Liverpool tonight. Liverpool have trouble scoring goals, they struggle to break down teams at home (Norwich, Swansea, Sunderland) and Suarez's ban will not help. Seems like Dalglish will have to field two ex-Newcastle players in attack, Bellamy and Carroll. With both teams being very tidy at the back, I can see this ending 0-0, although Demba Ba has been magnificent this season, best signing of the summer, in my opinion.

I can definitely see Newcastle get something from Liverpool tonight. Liverpool have trouble scoring goals, they struggle to break down teams at home (Norwich, Swansea, Sunderland) and Suarez's ban will not help. Seems like Dalglish will have to field two ex-Newcastle players in attack, Bellamy and Carroll. With both teams being very tidy at the back, I can see this ending 0-0, although Demba Ba has been magnificent this season, best signing of the summer, in my opinion.

Sky were practically wetting themselves when Gerrard came on. It was a reasonable game, from two middling to outside the top 4 teams.

Scouse logic 💡

Talk about scape goats, what about Ferdinands 9 month ban for missing a drug test in 03? He didn't even fail the one he had the next day. Meanwhile several players since have had positive results for banned substances, and not one player has had a ban the size of Ferdinands.

I can't help but laugh at Liverpool for releasing such an embarrassing press release, that damaged the reputation of the club as a whole. Not only did it look like it was written by a pissed off 12 year old, but it also publicly slandered Patrice Evra, without proper research. Evra did not bring the issue with the Chelsea ground staff to the FA, Mike Phelan did. Instead Evra is punished with a 4 game ban for doing nothing more then being a innocent party in a accusation by Phelan.

The entire defence from Liverpool is shambolic. Ignorance is not an excuse. Suarez has lived in Europe long enough to understand the cultures. Either that or he's got a screw loose. Evra stated that Suarez was not a racist, but he didn't say he did not racially abuse him. It could be that Evra perceived this to be a one off slip of the tongue.

Perhaps next time Suarez should not utter the word when he's quite clearly winding up an opposition player.

Oh and show where Evra called Suarez Sudaco

FA again ban Suarez today for one game, due to the middle finger incident. Can't argue with the punishment, but Beckham, Rooney and Cole all did it and nothing happened. I'm not going to say it's because they were English, but it's worth considering.

No, Rooney just gets banned for 3 games because Sky have their cameras conveniently placed.

Gerrard was pure class from the moment he stepped on the pitch. It's so immediately apparent how set apart some players are.

In other news... Henry to return to Arsenal on a 2-month loan. I just hope when it's over he returns to NY without an injury.

388. Our findings of fact which are directly relevant to the Charge are as follows:
(1) In response to Mr Evra's question "Concha de tu hermana, porque me diste in
golpe" ("****ing hell, why did you kick me"), Mr Suarez said "Porque tu eres
negro" ("Because you are black").
(2) In response to Mr Evra's comment "Habla otra vez asi, te voy a dar una porrada"
("say it to me again, I'm going to punch you"), Mr Suarez said "No hablo con los
negros" ("I don't speak to blacks").
(3) In response to Mr Evra's comment "Ahora te voy a dar realmente una porrada"
("okay, now I think I'm going to punch you"), Mr Suarez said "Dale, negro,
negro, negro" ("okay, blackie, blackie, blackie).
(4) When the referee blew his whistle to stop the corner being taken, Mr Suarez used
the word "negro" to Mr Evra.
(5) After the referee had spoken to the players for a second time, and Mr Evra had
said that he did not want Mr Suarez to touch him, Mr Suarez said "Por que,
negro?".

So much for Suarez not being a racist. Just makes Liverpool FC's stance even worse. What a disgusting club. Not hard when the manager is a bitter old fool, that should have given up the ghost years ago after being sacked at Blackburn and Newcastle, and effectively putting Liverpool in the position they are today through mismanagement.

Kenny Daglish - Setting Liverpools club development back, 20 years at a time.

As for Suarez.. 8 games? Should have got 8 months. Vile scrote of a human being.

Last edited:
the fa made clear that it did not contend that mr suarez acted as he did because he is a racist. Mr evra
said in his evidence that he did not think mr suarez is a racist. Mr suarez said in evidence
that he will not use the word “negro” on a football pitch in england in the future, and we
believe that is his genuine and firm intention.

I'l admit I haven't been following this case closely but how does his comments not show that he is racist, surely those are racist comments and thus Suarez is racist ?

8 game ban seems fair I think. Have to disagree about Dalglish though marchi. I think he has done a good job in the time he's been there. A few points of 3rd place? Last season they were a few points of the relegation zone at this stage IIRC.

I'l admit I haven't been following this case closely but how does his comments not show that he is racist, surely those are racist comments and thus Suarez is racist ?

8 game ban seems fair I think. Have to disagree about Dalglish though marchi. I think he has done a good job in the time he's been there. A few points of 3rd place? Last season they were a few points of the relegation zone at this stage IIRC.

Sorry but for the 100+ million he's spent over the last year, only one player has made a difference to Liverpool and thats the player thats about to banned for 9 games atleast.

Nearly 70 million on Downing, Carrol and Henderson. He's had the benefit of poor Chelsea and Arsenal coming back from a horrific start to the season. His stats aren't all that much better than Roy Hodgson and they sacked him.

Now he's effectively dragged Liverpool through the rubbish with his defence of Suarez and he's not looking so good.

Back