Official 2011/12 Barclays Premier League Thread

• Thread starter iScoRcHv
  • 1,036 comments
United have now lost a second game in a row. Demba Ba deserved man of the match though, he never stopped running and he never gave up.

United losing twice in just 5 days is a surprise, but it would be even more surprising if they lose to Bolton in their next match.

Anybody else see Tim Howard score from his own box :lol: Sport can be cruel sometimes.

Reminds me of Paul Robinson's goal against Watford a few years back:

Anybody else see Tim Howard score from his own box :lol: Sport can be cruel sometimes.
That was probably down to the strong winds here

United losing twice in just 5 days is a surprise, but it would be even more surprising if they lose to Bolton in their next match.
They have City next in the FA Cup, which they'll probably lose.

They have City next in the FA Cup, which they'll probably lose.

I was actually referring to their next Premier League match.

United certainly have a chance of beating City, but I think that they will most likely end up losing that match.

In the Daily Mail today it said that Sir Alex is interested in Frank Lampard.

Something which SAF has completely refuted by asking rhetorically, "Would Chelsea sell to us in January?"

United need to book their ideas up though, it's an inescapeable problem.

Very odd day today then, Paul Scholes out of retirement, and Neil Warnock getting the boot. Didn't see any of them coming.

Warnock leaving I did see. Which is unfortunate because he's done a good job there and if they go down, Warnock is the sort of manager to get them back up.

Another case of promotion teams' chairmen having itchy trigger fingers.

Replacements: Bruce? Hughes?

Some of these owners just don't get it. Whoever comes in will probably get a shed load of money to spend, but I hope they don't so the owners are made to look stupid.

Warnock leaving I did see. Which is unfortunate because he's done a good job there and if they go down, Warnock is the sort of manager to get them back up.

Another case of promotion teams' chairmen having itchy trigger fingers.

Replacements: Bruce? Hughes?

It's got to be Mark Hughes, although Warnock didn't deserve that.

Unsure who could keep them up. Hughes might spend wisely, (might), but it could take more than half a season for the plan to come together. As is often the case in football.

You can't build a dynasty in a day.

I honestly think Tony Fernandes has lost the plot. Neil Warnock is one of the Championships' top managers and is so ready to step up onto the Premier League stage. I got a feeling QPR will go down just because of Tony.

I honestly think Tony Fernandes has lost the plot. Neil Warnock is one of the Championships' top managers and is so ready to step up onto the Premier League stage. I got a feeling QPR will go down just because of Tony.

I wouldn't say 'lost the plot' is accurate, but it's definitely an unfair decision. Warnock hasn't had many opportunities to manage in the Premiership; Sheffield were never good enough to stay up so this was his big chance. Sure, they were 17th but what's the point in having a manager if you're not going to have faith and invest when times are bad? You can't just sack a manager as soon as things turn sour, but that seems to be the case these days.

I'm glad Bolton have stuck with Coyle and not fired him as most clubs would've done. Like many I'm also surprised Kean is still at Blackburn, given all the abuse he's suffered. It's the chicken farmers who should be getting it, not the manager.

It's also unlikely that whoever QPR bring in will do a much better job than what Warnock has been doing, maybe over time but not in half a season.

I'm glad Bolton have stuck with Coyle and not fired him as most clubs would've done. Like many I'm also surprised Kean is still at Blackburn, given all the abuse he's suffered. It's the chicken farmers who should be getting it, not the manager.

I agree with you on Bolton. He's a good manager and they should stick with him. I also agree that the owners of Blackburn are rightly due some stick for their conduct but I have never thought that Steve Kean was the right man for the job. I think jumping in at a top division team is too big a step. Especially trying to fill the big boots of a man like Allerdyce.

And obviously, even though I never thought that he was the right man for the job, Kean doesn't deserve the level of personal abuse he's getting.

Blackburn - Steve Kean seems out of his depth - Owners clueless - Relegation most likely
Bolton - Owen Coyle given time - Owners sensible - Relegation possibly.
Qpr - ? - Owners clueless - Relegation most likely
Wigan - Roberto Martinez seems a sensible manager - Owner sensible - Relegation possibly.

Similar thing with Wolves, Fulham and West Brom.

The owners were quite happy to start the season with their man in charge, changing things now, certainly doesn't greatly improve chances of avoiding the drop.

West Brom - Safe
Fulham - Safe, probably

Any three from QPR, Wolves, Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, Norwich* and Swansea*

*Never discount a second half slip. Not as much experience at the top.

Right now at this very moment I'd say Blackburn, Bolton and... (Deliberates between QPR and Wigan) ...QPR.

Somehow, I think Wigan will do it again.

I would quite happily put a fiver on Blackburn going, and most certainly QPR now.

Blackburn almost certainly although I wouldn't condemn QPR just yet, they've still got a good squad and a fair bit of cash.

They must have been waiting for Warnock to slip up. A day after being sacked? That's way too early to be entering second negotiations.

Again, I feel for Warnock somewhat. He said this was probably his last job in management. I'd still like to see him end up somewhere else eventually.

This is true.

And with some money he could do very well. At City he had too much money and just didn't buy the right players/wasn't thinking big enough. But at QPR? Yeah, I could see some success on the horizon, provided he keeps them up this year.

Comes at a good time for us (Newcastle) as we play QPR on Sunday at SJP. Hopefully we can perform like we did last Wednsday and take a comfortable victory.

Comes at a good time for us (Newcastle) as we play QPR on Sunday at SJP. Hopefully we can perform like we did last Wednsday and take a comfortable victory.

Newcastle, eh? Off topic, but if we beat Brighton in the replay your boys will be playing my boys down at the Racecourse! Newcastle are going well though. A steady recovery from the Manager Of The Month curse.

Beating United was pretty neat. I was very impressed while watching on the telly.

Agree with the above comments, Mark Hughes is definitely a very good choice for QPR, he did a good job at Fulham and Blackburn. If they survive this season then it wouldn't surprise me to see QPR in the Europa League in a few seasons time.

I'm also certain Warnock said he would get another job after being sacked.

Back