Official GTPlanet GTA V Crew | Covering the World of Grand Theft Auto

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by Katiegan, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Katiegan

Katiegan Premium

Haha, looks like you are! I'll get you added to the member list.

2. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

When I‘m online and manage to get a peaceful lobby I‘m always up to helping others (or receive help) :D :cheers:

3. Eh Team

Eh Team

For those looking for peaceful lobbies there's an easy way to guarantee getting one. Before you start the game go to network settings, change your MTU to 800. The game will fail to match you with all the crazy randys because their MTU is the stock 1500. You might get the odd person coming in but they have lowered their MTU for the exact same reason and are highly unlikely to bother you. Remember to set your MTU back up for other games again as you'll run into the same problem elsewhere.

Michelin likes this.
  4. Michelin

Michelin Premium

Will try this in the afternoon.

5. MaddinICE

MaddinICE

If you have very good internet, you might set it to MTU 700 or even 650. I can't always connect to the server first, but it usually works the second time and the lobby will be solo.

Marcus Garvey likes this.
  6. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

There is almost always* an 800 lobby held by a GTPL member going on.

*From ~6pm-8am EDT weekdays and nearly round the clock weekends is a good bet.

7. Michelin

Michelin Premium

The MTU trick works like a charm.

m8h3r and Marcus Garvey like this.
  8. XJ40

XJ40

Is this MTU setting for ps4? It sounds like a great idea but I can't find it in my settings! :dunce:

9. Michelin

Michelin Premium

Go to Settings -> Network and set again the wifi or cable for the PS4. Go for advanced settings and close to the end it will ask you if you want to automatically set the MTU or if you want to set it manually. Choose "manual" and set it to 800.

10. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

Settings>Network>Setup Internet Connection

Select Custom, accept the default settings for everything but the MTU option, which you manually change to 800(or less). To revert when you want to play near others you simply go back into Setup Internet Connection and select Easy instead and let it auto-setup.

11. XJ40

XJ40

12. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

Are you talking about your own one? :D I always access that one with the regular 1500 mtu

13. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

Yes, my own room. I am almost always on 800. That is why sometimes folks will enter the room, see me drop offline and then return a minute later. That is me resetting.

14. Michelin

Michelin Premium

I was using MTU 800 earlier today and somehow had 7 people on the room... Went to the settings and chose 700, no one has entered the room today. :D

15. Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey

When you are on 800, or any reduced MTU others can still enter the room. What MTU does is change the matchmaking parameters, so that you generally are prevented from entering populated rooms. Others can still join you, though. I have been in full rooms whilst on 800. You can probably still go online with MTU as low as 600, although it may take a bit to load and you may timeout a few times first. Still, others can join there too.

To summarise, reducing MTU does not prevent others from entering your room. It can prevent you from entering others' rooms, which is how it works to get you your own room, of course.

16. happycorey

happycorey

Anyone want to play sometime this week? I need to sell a bunker before it gets raided and maybe a few other things

Nuschel01 likes this.
  17. Eh Team

Eh Team

Hello crew! I had a racing series planned and then life got busy and then suddenly the Futo became a dealership car. What? Crap. My series plan has changed focus away from the Futo now anyway but, I still have about 35 uninsured Futos in slightly varying states of upgrade that I want to get rid of. I picked all of them up off the street painstakingly waiting for the game's spawn algorithm to give me Futos. So take a look at the pictures, if it's a Futo, you can have it, just send me a message or join a crew lobby sometime this weekend and I should be online to give these things away.

You get a Futo, You get a Futo, EVERBODY GETS A FUTO!

Screenshot_20181130-120007.png Screenshot_20181130-120015.png Screenshot_20181130-120022.png Screenshot_20181130-120027.png

18. Dan

Dan Premium

I haven’t played the game in a long time, but I thought you weren’t able to give cars to other players once they’ve been stored in a garage.

19. Snorevette

Snorevette

This is correct. Storing a car in your garage automatically puts a tracker on it that prevents other players from storing it.

Dan likes this.
  20. Eh Team

Eh Team

Well crap, guess I have to find another way to get rid of them all.

21. Fastcarguy

Fastcarguy Premium

I know my old social club from the PS3 era is in the crew, but I just bought the game on pc, different social club account.
    Social Club Username: CreamyNute11a
    PC Name: CreamyNute11a
    Location and/or time zone: Boston
    Console(s): PC

22. serhan_kurt

serhan_kurt

Social Club Username: SeroTR
    PlayStation Network ID/Xbox Live Gamertag/PC Name: Serhan_Kurt
    Location and/or time zone: Turkey - gmt+3
    Console: PS4

:gtplanet: