Official GTPlanet GTA V Crew | Covering the World of Grand Theft Auto

• Thread starter Katiegan
  • 3,457 comments
Okay so I might actually already be in the crew anyway LOL.

But for the sake of info being updated:
:gtplanet:
Social Club Username: happycorey
PlayStation Network ID/Xbox Live Gamertag/PC Name: happycorey
Location and/or time zone: CT, EST
Console(s): PS4

Haha, looks like you are! I'll get you added to the member list.

Hey so I'm not sure how tired of this game or how much you guys still play but I'm just looking for a couple people to play with to help sell crates/gun running/ceo missions and help in return with whatever missions or things you guys would need. I have counterfeit cash biz, ceo, MC, bunker, buzzard.. stuff like that.
When I‘m online and manage to get a peaceful lobby I‘m always up to helping others (or receive help) :D :cheers:

For those looking for peaceful lobbies there's an easy way to guarantee getting one. Before you start the game go to network settings, change your MTU to 800. The game will fail to match you with all the crazy randys because their MTU is the stock 1500. You might get the odd person coming in but they have lowered their MTU for the exact same reason and are highly unlikely to bother you. Remember to set your MTU back up for other games again as you'll run into the same problem elsewhere.

For those looking for peaceful lobbies there's an easy way to guarantee getting one. Before you start the game go to network settings, change your MTU to 800. The game will fail to match you with all the crazy randys because their MTU is the stock 1500. You might get the odd person coming in but they have lowered their MTU for the exact same reason and are highly unlikely to bother you. Remember to set your MTU back up for other games again as you'll run into the same problem elsewhere.

Will try this in the afternoon.

If you have very good internet, you might set it to MTU 700 or even 650. I can't always connect to the server first, but it usually works the second time and the lobby will be solo.

There is almost always* an 800 lobby held by a GTPL member going on.

*From ~6pm-8am EDT weekdays and nearly round the clock weekends is a good bet.

Is this MTU setting for ps4? It sounds like a great idea but I can't find it in my settings! :dunce:

Go to Settings -> Network and set again the wifi or cable for the PS4. Go for advanced settings and close to the end it will ask you if you want to automatically set the MTU or if you want to set it manually. Choose "manual" and set it to 800.

Is this MTU setting for ps4? It sounds like a great idea but I can't find it in my settings! :dunce:

Settings>Network>Setup Internet Connection

Select Custom, accept the default settings for everything but the MTU option, which you manually change to 800(or less). To revert when you want to play near others you simply go back into Setup Internet Connection and select Easy instead and let it auto-setup.

Are you talking about your own one? :D I always access that one with the regular 1500 mtu

Yes, my own room. I am almost always on 800. That is why sometimes folks will enter the room, see me drop offline and then return a minute later. That is me resetting.

I was using MTU 800 earlier today and somehow had 7 people on the room... Went to the settings and chose 700, no one has entered the room today. :D

When you are on 800, or any reduced MTU others can still enter the room. What MTU does is change the matchmaking parameters, so that you generally are prevented from entering populated rooms. Others can still join you, though. I have been in full rooms whilst on 800. You can probably still go online with MTU as low as 600, although it may take a bit to load and you may timeout a few times first. Still, others can join there too.

To summarise, reducing MTU does not prevent others from entering your room. It can prevent you from entering others' rooms, which is how it works to get you your own room, of course.

Hello crew! I had a racing series planned and then life got busy and then suddenly the Futo became a dealership car. What? Crap. My series plan has changed focus away from the Futo now anyway but, I still have about 35 uninsured Futos in slightly varying states of upgrade that I want to get rid of. I picked all of them up off the street painstakingly waiting for the game's spawn algorithm to give me Futos. So take a look at the pictures, if it's a Futo, you can have it, just send me a message or join a crew lobby sometime this weekend and I should be online to give these things away.

You get a Futo, You get a Futo, EVERBODY GETS A FUTO!

Screenshot_20181130-120007.png
Screenshot_20181130-120015.png
Screenshot_20181130-120022.png
Screenshot_20181130-120027.png

Hello crew! I had a racing series planned and then life got busy and then suddenly the Futo became a dealership car. What? Crap. My series plan has changed focus away from the Futo now anyway but, I still have about 35 uninsured Futos in slightly varying states of upgrade that I want to get rid of. I picked all of them up off the street painstakingly waiting for the game's spawn algorithm to give me Futos. So take a look at the pictures, if it's a Futo, you can have it, just send me a message or join a crew lobby sometime this weekend and I should be online to give these things away.

You get a Futo, You get a Futo, EVERBODY GETS A FUTO!

View attachment 783459 View attachment 783460 View attachment 783461 View attachment 783462

I haven’t played the game in a long time, but I thought you weren’t able to give cars to other players once they’ve been stored in a garage.

Dan
I haven’t played the game in a long time, but I thought you weren’t able to give cars to other players once they’ve been stored in a garage.

This is correct. Storing a car in your garage automatically puts a tracker on it that prevents other players from storing it.

I know my old social club from the PS3 era is in the crew, but I just bought the game on pc, different social club account.
Social Club Username: CreamyNute11a
PC Name: CreamyNute11a
Location and/or time zone: Boston
Console(s): PC

@anthaliscious

dude, what's up with that?? First you fire on me with your Opressor and then steal the Cargo. That's not how this crew works.
I was fighting the business battle for 2-3 minutes while you had no part in it. It’s not okay for you to come along and take someone else’s cargo you didn’t work for. Have some common sense bud.

fire first, send mugger and mercs. then you explain yourself. very friendly of you.

Here's what happened. Logged on, there's a Business Battle going on in a GTPL session. Seems like an easy grab, seeing how GTPL members are very understanding. Apparently not. I grab a crate, and intend to deliver to my Nightclub. anthaliscious is ahead of me with his crate. Now here's a part where HE SHOULD HAVE sent a text saying he wanted that crate I have. But no. I land my Buzzard and hear a lock on and incoming missile. I jump to not get killed, and die on landing. Mr. personality grabs my crate and delivers.

I stand around outside the Nightclub trying to figure what's going on?? I see a mugger approach and kill him before he stabs me. Then anthaliscious sends Mercenaries after me. THEN HE INFORMS HE what the deal is...but not in a nice way. In fact he told me to fk off

@anthaliscious let's get your perspective on this mmmkay

Last edited:
If you’re going to take someone’s cargo you had no part in dealing with, you should’ve sent me a message first. I’m not doing this work for you. After the fact you’re just standing outside my nightclub for minutes without saying anything, of course i’m going to think hostile. Simple common courtesy, don’t take something you didn’t work for. You knew what you were doing that’s why you kept check the pause menu on your way there and you crash landed before i even locked on to you. So don’t try and come on here and flip the script over something you initiated, grow up and have some sense. I’ve never seen any other GTPL member do what you did.

Last edited:
Grow up?? you sent a mugger and Mercs. How was I hostile, boy. You locked on my Buzzard with your MkII, and I bailed so I won't get killed by you. You sent the mugger/Mercs, a clear sign of hostility on your ppart. You had plenty of time to send me a message which you should have done when I picked up the Crate. I would have gladly given it up if I had known you wanted it this badly.

Social Club Username: nico4711
PlayStation Network ID: nico4711
Console: PS4

Invite sent.

@anthaliscious

dude, what's up with that?? First you fire on me with your Opressor and then steal the Cargo. That's not how this crew works.
I was fighting the business battle for 2-3 minutes while you had no part in it. It’s not okay for you to come along and take someone else’s cargo you didn’t work for. Have some common sense bud.

Since I wasn't in this session I'm going to have to believe both sides of the story.

@anthaliscious, you're sounding incredibly entitled right now. I understand you did the heavy work, but business battle cargo is available for everyone. If you were doing a sale of your own cargo then you'd have every right to react like you did, but instead you've chosen to be hostile and rude towards another crew member. A simple message letting @gnomefromnome that you'd prefer it if you could take the cargo since you did the hard work would've been enough, then if he refused to give it up, you'd have a reason to be annoyed. I think it's safe to say most crew members would like to think they can share things like business battle goods. There is no need to then send a mugger and mercenaries after a fellow crew member, especially when they did not attack you first. You should never assume another GTPL member is hostile, or tell them to 🤬 off. I think you need to calm down.

Back