Official Mission Hall Thread (help, hints, general discussion, etc.)

• Thread starter justin_tyme
  • 1,545 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
man... i found that mission wikit easy... first try.. but i fer sum reason am driving i yellow Z and im chasing a black g35... i dunno.. all i did tho wuz take a racing line.. good luck.. keep trying!!!

Omg guys are you serious... I don't wanna be cocky or anything. I remember doing this mission like 3 months ago when the game came out and i can't recall have a problem. I just turned on my PS2 to see what the big fing deal here. Dude the first try i beat it with a .9 sec difference and the 2nd try 1.1 sec. Keep in mind i didn't even touch the other car. If you think that is hard haha wait until u reach driving mission 20 and up. Try mission 11 thats one that took me a long time and finally beat that car by like 2 secs. Mission 34 is....i just dont wanna talk about that one so.... yeah... no me digas cabrones

Supren
Omg guys are you serious... I don't wanna be cocky or anything. I remember doing this mission like 3 months ago when the game came out and i can't recall have a problem. I just turned on my PS2 to see what the big fing deal here. Dude the first try i beat it with a .9 sec difference and the 2nd try 1.1 sec. Keep in mind i didn't even touch the other car. If you think that is hard haha wait until u reach driving mission 20 and up. Try mission 11 thats one that took me a long time and finally beat that car by like 2 secs. Mission 34 is....i just dont wanna talk about that one so.... yeah... no me digas cabrones
LOL bien dicho Felix that mission is easy seriously 11 is even easier i dont know how people get stumped on that one, the only hard missions are 34 and the one in which you drive the r92 at la sarthe II.

EvilToast
LOL bien dicho Felix that mission is easy seriously 11 is even easier i dont know how people get stumped on that one, the only hard missions are 34 and the one in which you drive the r92 at la sarthe II.

Each to their own. I found la sarthe easy. You are probably braking too much in the ast quarter of the lap. I was losing about 2 secs per lap in that last quarter until I stopped braking so much.

gumpy
Each to their own. I found la sarthe easy. You are probably braking too much in the ast quarter of the lap. I was losing about 2 secs per lap in that last quarter until I stopped braking so much.
yeah i figured it out on thr 4th try that i could take those series of turns around 155-160 so i easily beat the lead car at the end but it wasnt hard enough to get stumped at it. plus i had never driven la sarthe.

Supren
OMG, are you serious!
11 is so damn easy! 8 is much harder!

each to thier own d00d :)
whats easy for one might be hard for another (and the other way around) :)

ving
OMG, are you serious!
11 is so damn easy! 8 is much harder!

each to thier own d00d :)
whats easy for one might be hard for another (and the other way around) :)

Ving doesn't the Toyota drive like a Fiat? You have an unfair advantange.

gumpy

That is true, but cmon a simple turn compared to a crappy handling car in a 3 lap catch up. I thought that was hard cuz it took me 4 tries and not an endless giveup.

Thanks for the answers (and the video), all much appreciated. Armed with your help I got the pass.

The GT4 advice at the start of the mission had left me with the clear impression that the overtaking manoevre took place well before the tunnel, so when I was getting nowhere near the opposition car by this point I was stopping the mission and going back to the start.

I ve dun every mission up to this one with no problem ( even dun some after it ) but I just cant seem to get enough speed to catch the leader. So far my strategy has been to push the black skyline along in front of me so that I can use him to cut the air and make us both catch the leader but I keep coming up 1 second behind the leader at the end. :mad: :banghead: My question is how did u beat it.

Mission 23 is explained in detail in another post. It even has a video showing what to do.
You two guys should spend some time looking in the next couple of pages or do a search for drafting missions or slipstream missions.
Can the Mods put a sticky on the thread with the video so new members can locate it easily please.
I will look for it now and if I find it I will bump it to the top for you>

You guys, whats all this fussin about huh???

Mission 23's a breeze (a 57 degs C breeze) sorta.

The lead car is stuck waaaay out in front for a reason....time/timing.

The key to success is in the mission itself, use the A I drones to your benefit, flat chat all the way, ride low in the bends without scrubbing off speed-makes the track shorter.

Pass the pack of drones, ride low in the corner, on the straight the pack will draft you and pass you, you draft a car to gain speed just in time to head into the bend a t warp speed, once again ride low, on the straight the "pack leader "repeats the draft you you draft him thingy allowing you to rocket through the bends, this doesnt always happen so dont panic. While your doing this your bringing your slipstreaming buddies closer to the elusive leader, on the last lap/corner you should be in a position to pass easily that yellow bleeping car.

Keep it floored.

will post my time later

love gt4

Well, technically I just drive. You made the thing...

It is definitely possible to beat this with an automatic trasmisson and a DS2. I did it after about a dozen tries. Drafting helps a lot on the long straights.

thank you dan for the vid as it helped loads, trying to do 100% on buttons pad not analog, @90.3%, 13 golds, mission34 2 do, :)

I just passed this mission (PAL) by 1.734 seconds. It was my 40th attempt exactly out of which 20 were DNFs (one penalty or two offs was the criteria for abandoning).

I agree that the key is having a smooth lap. I knew from other missions and races that I always lost too much time in the techinical section between the two karousells so I my plan of attack was to get smooth there and not count how many times I had tried the mission. The first attempt I finsihed a good 38 seconds behind because I wasn't used to the car and its handling. I gradually brought the times down to about 8 seconds (finishing 3rd) and then started to attack all sectors to find 1/10 here and 1/10 there.

I had purposely not watched any of the videos and/or read the split times others had posted because I didn't want the pressure and I thought it was too confusing trying to remeber if such split time was with or without wallriding, etc.

Once I got to consistently finish in the 2 - 5 second range I knew it was time to really push in all sectors. I knew the mission was within reach when I started getting high 1:42s in T1 and low 1:16s in T4. A T5 of 1:05 meant I wasn't gonna make it (because what follows is my weakest section) but mid 1:03s meant I still had a chance.

When I saw a 1:02xx in T5 I knew that lap was it. I still lost time between the two carousells but not as much as usual (even did a little lawn mowning coz I overshot a right hander but it was right before a sharp left hander so didn't loose too much time). After that it was just a matter of not hitting the other cars and not screwing the last three corners. I could have passed the SL after the second last corner but didn't feel my balls were big enough and when i finally decided to try it was a little late, I thought I was gona T bone it, panicked and slammed on the brakes. Fortunately it was only a little push, he was following the line and bounced off my left side. I stepped on the gas and bob's your uncle!

Watching the replay I can see the places where I lost a good 5 seconds (that last bit slamming on the brakes is a good 2 second loss) but in general it was a very clean lap. I didn't take shorcuts or wall ride. I overtook 3 cars on the inside of a turn so they kinda bounced of my side but I didn't push them.

I'd post the video but I see there is at least 5 already posted on this thread and since my time is nothing to brag about I won't.

P.S. I am downloading Daan's and Gt_Kongen videos to compare...
P.S. I did not do practice sessions on the ring. I don't own an SLR and have only run the ring for other races (not sure how many but maybe 10? - I am at 38%)

Mr.Slow
I just passed this mission (PAL) by 1.734 seconds. It was my 40th attempt exactly out of which 20 were DNFs (one penalty or two offs was the criteria for abandoning).

I agree that the key is having a smooth lap. I knew from other missions and races that I always lost too much time in the techinical section between the two karousells so I my plan of attack was to get smooth there and not count how many times I had tried the mission. The first attempt I finsihed a good 38 seconds behind because I wasn't used to the car and its handling. I gradually brought the times down to about 8 seconds (finishing 3rd) and then started to attack all sectors to find 1/10 here and 1/10 there.

I had purposely not watched any of the videos and/or read the split times others had posted because I didn't want the pressure and I thought it was too confusing trying to remeber if such split time was with or without wallriding, etc.

Once I got to consistently finish in the 2 - 5 second range I knew it was time to really push in all sectors. I knew the mission was within reach when I started getting high 1:42s in T1 and low 1:16s in T4. A T5 of 1:05 meant I wasn't gonna make it (because what follows is my weakest section) but mid 1:03s meant I still had a chance.

When I saw a 1:02xx in T5 I knew that lap was it. I still lost time between the two carousells but not as much as usual (even did a little lawn mowning coz I overshot a right hander but it was right before a sharp left hander so didn't loose too much time). After that it was just a matter of not hitting the other cars and not screwing the last three corners. I could have passed the SL after the second last corner but didn't feel my balls were big enough and when i finally decided to try it was a little late, I thought I was gona T bone it, panicked and slammed on the brakes. Fortunately it was only a little push, he was following the line and bounced off my left side. I stepped on the gas and bob's your uncle!

Watching the replay I can see the places where I lost a good 5 seconds (that last bit slamming on the brakes is a good 2 second loss) but in general it was a very clean lap. I didn't take shorcuts or wall ride. I overtook 3 cars on the inside of a turn so they kinda bounced of my side but I didn't push them.

I'd post the video but I see there is at least 5 already posted on this thread and since my time is nothing to brag about I won't.

P.S. I am downloading Daan's and Gt_Kongen videos to compare...
P.S. I did not do practice sessions on the ring. I don't own an SLR and have only run the ring for other races (not sure how many but maybe 10? - I am at 38%)

So pretty much, you have the PAL version and it's easy to beat :dopey:

In other news, I came 2 seconds from beating it last night and I had a 5 second penalty on the last turn. Great.

GT-Kongen
Here´s the video of mission 34 Mission video´s
and video of mission 11-14, 23, 26

SLR Split times
T1 1'40.538
T2 1'31.830
T3 1'21.672
T4 1'09.664
T5 54.878
T6 42.905
T7 25.617
T8 16.923
T9 13.069
T10 2.581
T11 -6.007
Finish-14.317

You are pretty good at wallriding! At least you didn't cut the grass on the last corner :sly:

I've done #34 and did a lawnmower impression, only at Adenauer Forst, and had I not done it I probably wouldn't have won! Am working on the other Drving Missions but when they are done I'll go back to #34. I really enjoyed it with the exception of waiting at the start.... 👎

I was impressed with how fast you caught the SL65. On my best run (later to be stuffed up on Pflantzgarten) and by only cutting the grass at Ad. Forst I recorded the following splits and caught up with it coming down to Breitschied...
T1 +1.40.277
T2 +1.29.571
T3 +1.19.828
T4 +1.08.457
T5 +56.604
T6 +48.821
T7 +34.756
T8 +28.197
T9 +24.321
{crash} :grumpy:

you made up 6seconds between T5 and T6 :scared: I think it was because I didn't wall ride Bergwerk and get the extra speed coming out of the corner :sly:

Just completed it (pal version)

Either I've been doing faaaar too many laps of the Nordschliefe (it's about the only track I practice) or I'm a lucky son-of-a-b**** !

I won on my second attempt...

trig
So pretty much, you have the PAL version and it's easy to beat :dopey:

In other news, I came 2 seconds from beating it last night and I had a 5 second penalty on the last turn. Great.

Yes, I am pretty sure the word PAL is both at the beginning of my post and in the title of this thread. :dunce:

Once I get to 100% I may come back and do both M18 and M34 in a manner that may please Sir... 💡

I'm finally getting around to the Missions. It took me over thirty tries to beat Mission 11, I'm sure, but who's counting?

I used automatic tranny mode, and went strictly by the flashing red gear indicator for braking points. I found that if you stand on the brakes a split-second after it starts flashing, and slightly later than that in a couple of places, it works out perfectly.

Whatever you do, don't try to carry your braking into the turns. That kills you. You must brake strictly in a straight line, then get right back on the throttle as you turn in.

All in all, a fun Mission. Hope there are more like it.

Just to enlighten whoever said that the Odyessy mission is impossible in auto....you're wrong. The only thing that could keep you from winning is if you're pulling off of the draft too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back