Official Shift 2 Rants Thread (Vent away in here)

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 490 comments
Random question. How much better is the xbox 360 version compared to the ps3 version? I currently own the PS3 version and it's pretty terrible, but I've since bought a 360 and am wondering if it's worth giving this game another try?

looking to the rankings i can;t see any difference, we are 7 ps3 drivers on top 10 faster drivers of the world...It should be faster on PC version, weird times there...

Last edited:
I got around to this game a while back. At first I thought I liked it alright; not fantastic but not bad. I defended it on message boards for a bit. As I played onward into the game, however, my position gradually changed. I overlooked the questionable menu design and somewhat antiquated graphics (at least compared to Forza and GT5), but what increasingly irritated me over time was really dubious crash physics.

It wasn't as big of a problem in Shift 2 if I could get away from the AI a bit before reaching a tight corner or chicane, but on courses where there was one near the start I had a 98% chance of getting spun out and ending up facing backwards in a near-unavoidable collision with the AI. For some reason, Shift 2 seemed to have a law of physics that "What makes collision must spin." If I tap the rear of a car that braked more or earlier than expected, it doesn't bug him at all, but I end up facing backwards, which seems hard to swallow. If a car contacts me on the side or the rear, I end up going in circles. If my left side taps a wall because I carried a tad too much speed through a corner on a track I'm still learning, somehow my car spins ninety degrees to the left, which doesn't feel right. Well, that's if it doesn't stick to the wall like Velcro, dropping to about 20 MPH and absolutely refusing to leave the wall for at least twenty solid seconds.

I abandoned the game somewhere within the first quarter of it. I wanted to play it just for the track list, but it wasn't worth it.

EDIT: I tried leaving the "f" out of "Shift" but I guess I can't do that.

Here's one:

DRIFTING!

As many tunes as I have made, as many tunes other people have made, all which I have tried, practiced, effort-filled, aggravating times, I can't ever get the hang of it in this game!

I wish it was like it was in NFS: Pro Street where I could keep a nicely tuned car sideways for a good amount of time without pissing myself off. -__-*

I see why it's not an online race type.

I am going to break my PS3...

Apparently running wide on a corner counts as "Track Cutting", and it's thus impossible to finish 5 Laps of the Nurburgring.

I pick the Falken 911, same class as Milner, AND THERES MUCIALAGOS in the race. Blocking everywhere, and because they are 4x4, When i nail them in the back, I SPIN. Thus, they push and shove and block, and I have no hope of reaching the front. To add insult to injury, I am substantially faster than them everywhere except the straight, so where do you think they blow me away, and I have all the work to do again?

Someone shoves me off, I spin. I shove someone, I spin.

Ah! A bit of a slide! I can correc... OH WAIT! Someone just hit me AGAIN!

Taking my line, Oh, someone is resting on my back quarter panel. Now I understeer into a wall.

Hold my line, side by side, AND HE SHOVES ME OVER!

Turn on the Driving line, and it tells you to take twice the distance to slow down.

But I want that BMW. Im on attempt #12, and will keep going till I get it.

Rants eh?

Well the thing that causes me to throw this game in the trash is online.
Whenever i go on Autolog it freezes up and then i have to restart my
ps3 and redo it again.Only thing in this game thats good are the graphics.

The events on the other hand are impossible to get pass as well.
I can't win one race without sliding out even when im going 20 mph.
The assists don't help either just makes your car more impossible to
drive.

And althrough i won the game and stuff i rarely play this game.I got it one
Christmas and played it till Feburary after that i didnt really touch it much
due to the fact of the cars sliding out all the time.

And the last thing i have to touch on is: Drifting
I have never touched a drifting event in all of my time in Shift 2.
It took me 10-40 minutes trying to get pass the basics of drifting.
When i do a moderate speed and slide decently the car still fails.
Thats all to say about this game folks.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered this game (the money I used to do so could come in very handy right now, let me tell ya) so I could get the exclusive content. I hate the idea of buying a game before I know anything about it, but I also hate the idea of content I'll never be able to use because I bought the game post-release. In retrospect, I was a bit stupid for doing so, since the original Shift had the same annoying physics - excessively sensetive, possibly laggy steering, lack of grip, etc. - but I figured the developers had found and fixed the problem for the sequel as well as making everything else better. Nope. The physics might actually be worse with a DS3 (even post-patch), and it's still almost unplayable with a G27. So now, I have 3 exclusive cars for a game I don't like and haven't played in months, and I'm lacking $60 that might otherwise have been saved - and used to buy The Run or Most Wanted 2.

Bought this game last night for $20 because I'm a little bored with GT5.

I still managed to get a limited edition.. I see why this game is only $20 after a year and a bit after release.

Still, something different in the Ps3. I'm looking forward to this FIA GT cars

Latest Posts

Back