Online Meeting (NTSC)

• Thread starter Earth
  • 1,650 comments
this is the last race for me im going to have to logg off until the evening, nice racing slicecom

Those were some great races! Aside some blue Ferrari taking me out in turn one on the last one, generally great driving all around. I have to watch the last Champ Car race at 5:30-7:30 :nervous: . but i'll probably be back on after that!

Let's setup an evening race for tonight. Perhaps 5-7 hours from now? I'm up for it as long as it's not stupid Daytona Road course. :D

I gonna set up a ventrilo server for those of us that want to race, it should be easier to race together since you just join, see who's there and race with him. if u want the ip pm me.

By the way those of you that dont know vetrilo is a voice over p program and its free.

If ppl show enough interest I may rent a server room from my cod4 clan.

the program called ventrilo which is free, allows pc users to talk over the internet, download the client here: http://www.ventrilo.com/dlprod.php?id=1

pm for further instructions, it requires a microphone, preferebly a headset.

we could use it to set up a race, I can only host 8 ppl including myself, but if there is enough interest I'll rent a dedicated server.

edit: what the.. server change my name its supposed to be achiles. not swollenmadman wth??

That was odd I dont remember having 2 gtplanet accounts. oh well this is me for some reason the server auto logged me as swollenmadman.

Anyways my server is up and running 7 slots available to set up a race pm for ip as I will only allow registered gtp users.

Does anyone want to try Suzuka 700pp tonight at 8pm est?

Remember to use the clock at the top right hand of the 'start button' screen as a measure when to push start. The clock is very accurate and I think it is in sync with the GMT clock so its very accurate and should be identical for everyone

achiles
Anyways my server is up and running 7 slots available to set up a race pm for ip as I will only allow registered gtp users.

You have a server?

ok thats 5 for me, but does the clock in the start menu tell u the time for your time zone or what

It's set to your personal timezone, I think

So if the start time is 8 pm est then you click on start when the second hand strikes 5pm if you are on the west coast

Ok, I'm up for 8PM EST at Suzuka 700pp!

btw: I think that clock in the corner is different according to where you are... mine is at 2:48 right now, when my real time is 3:48PM...

I got a question are there any cars that are considered "cheat cars", I see a lot off ppl complaining about the elise, are there any cars that may give an advantage, I wanna avoid them if everyone here is.

I got a question are there any cars that are considered "cheat cars", I see a lot off ppl complaining about the elise, are there any cars that may give an advantage, I wanna avoid them if everyone here is.

I honestly don't think so, at least not for the expert suzuka race. it seems a different kind of car wins every time.

I wouldn't call them cheat cars...but there are some cars that make it easier to win. The Ferrari F430 is one of them, as it seems every 3rd person online is driving one (yawn), same for the GTR - it is very easy to drive in any setup and has alot of power. A few of the elises are up there, but I've not seen them in the numbers people complain about here. Maybe I'm in the wrong races of the Europeans like them more than Americans. The "tuned" cars are a bit hazy too but 75% of the time I've seen them in an online race they are being driven by people that went for the bling of the car and can't control it. The Corvettes are strong with the right drivers in most races.

Generally it comes down to driver skill. I personally take pride in taking down fast MR cars with a M3 and I've seen the BMW 1series tii concept take down many far fast cars.

Cars I have yet to see win, or even see much online are the Aston, the Merc SL55 and the R8.

Those little Clio cars are a total PITA when you run into one with a good driver. The Imprezza can be a pain too. Then that Lexus IS can take you totally by surprise.

I wouldn't call them cheat cars...but there are some cars that make it easier to win. The Ferrair F430 is one of them as are the elises. The GTR is another one as it is very easy to drive in any setup and has alot of power. The "tuned" cars are a bit hazy too but 75% of the time I've seen them in an online race they are being driven by people that went for the bling of the car and can't control it. The Corvettes are strong with the right drivers in most raes as is the Audi R8 in some races.

Generally it comes down to driver skill. I personally take pride in taking down fast MR cars with a M3 and I've seen the BMW 1series tii concept take down many far fast cars.

Usually, with the tuned cars, they can gain a bit in the turns, but in the straights they'll get passed by the non-tune cars, mainly because they have to be detuned a lot for 700pp.

about 20 minutes until showtime. remember to use GTP's clock that is on the same screen as the start button to measure exactly when to push it

edit: And I suggest everyone create a GTP_XXXX username and enter it into the registry and use it when going online with GT5P, makes knowing who is who alot easier

I wouldn't call them cheat cars...but there are some cars that make it easier to win. The Ferrari F430 is one of them, as it seems every 3rd person online is driving one (yawn), same for the GTR - it is very easy to drive in any setup and has alot of power. A few of the elises are up there, but I've not seen them in the numbers people complain about here. Maybe I'm in the wrong races of the Europeans like them more than Americans. The "tuned" cars are a bit hazy too but 75% of the time I've seen them in an online race they are being driven by people that went for the bling of the car and can't control it. The Corvettes are strong with the right drivers in most races.

Cars I have yet to see win, or even see much online are the Aston, the Merc SL55 and the R8.

Those little Clio cars are a total PITA when you run into one with a good driver. The Imprezza can be a pain too. Then that Lexus IS can take you totally by surprise.

Hey the F430 may be "easy" to win with, but like you said, it seems everyone is using them now (could be partially my fault as I was beating everyone with mine all last week :P) but when you have almost everyone using the same car, it's not so "easy" to win with anymore. I've set up my Ford GT Test Car for Suzuka, so I might bring that beast out too if I get bored of the F430.

edit: And I suggest everyone create a GTP_XXXX username and enter it into the registry and use it when going online with GT5P, makes knowing who is who alot easier

How do you do that? Set up a new profile on your PS3 with a new user name?

Latest Posts

Back