Online races you enjoyed

• Thread starter DustDriver
  • 743 comments
Stangz31 gave me quite a few good runs in that M3 of his. He raced clean and I look forward to running him again.

Had quite a few good races over the weekend (Suzuka, 600pp), but one was by far the best race I've ever had on-line.

I caught 'GTRDC Honeycar' (in a yellow ferrari 512) just after the S turns on the first lap. No problems I thought, the 512 is no match for the NSX, I'll be past him soon. What followed was 3 laps of flat out bumper to bumper racing, with several clean passes on both sides and never more than a tenth or 2 between us at any stage. The 512 was quicker on some turns, the NSX on others, I had to draft like mad to keep up on the straights but was much better under braking.

Got a good draft down the back straight on the final lap, held off passing in to 130 to get a better line in to the chicance and slipped down the inside under brakes... slowed down on the line to show my appreciation and let him take the flag... 6:52's for us both.

One day all on-line racing will be like this.

Some good racing at Suzuka this morning in my Elise, a couple of which were against GTP_Ardius in an Alfa. Looks like he was having problems with another driver though, definitely holding him up!

Had a 5 man race today, 750 race on high speed ring, I was driving terrible, but still, clean overtaking from the others, except on the last lap where some dude nudged me in a turn and made me spin out.... but that was ok, was fun playing against people who did their best to keep it clean....

Just had an AWESOME race with a guy named Voltair, or something similar... 500pp on sazuka I was in a mini, he was in a golf GTI I was 495PP he was full 500PP it was neck and neck the whole race! never more the like 1.6 secs between us the whole race! Uber intense :) I ended up #1 but it was on the turn before the last chicane that I overtook on the last lap, then held a defensive position till the end. Super clean race.

Last night I had the pleasure of of racing against Ardius. All too brief though, as I got disconnected from the server for some reason. Good clean racing, his Jaguar quite evenly matched with my NSX R, on Daytona 600PP.

My psn Duke_of_Pendle

Just want to mention a couple of the drivers I've seen regularly there who are trustworthy:

GrimtheRipper - I need to send you an invite. Thanks for allowing space for other drivers even when you don't have to.

ImaginebyLennon - A mutual respect here. I've watched Lennon race everyone as clean as they want to be. Sorry for the late bump on the backstretch last night. I sent you into turn 3 way too fast and you got out of shape pretty bad. My fault. It's always fun following you into turn 1. We have the same line basically so it's a challenge for me to control my car and keep off of yours. You've stopped at the start/finish line twice to allow me the victory. Very nice gesture. Go ahead and take the victory Lennon - you've earned them.

Z-Crazy - My first impression of you was wrong last night. We were in several races together over the course of an hour or so. Thanks for respecting the line when someone ahead of you has it. Drivers notice that. I certainly did. Looking forward to seeing you out there again.

Sjig, we were both very quick around suzuka 750pp, great head to head racing, he nudged me once but i think it was just a racing incident. ;)

I've just been doing a few races on 600PP Suzuka with a whole bunch of GT5net guys and that was a lot of fun. GT5net_Nesty is a fast and gentlemanlike driver. Merci bien, les gars 👍

Just had a couple of great, clean and very close races with a French chap (or chapesse) called CrazyTiger... will be keeping my eyes peeled for them again. I am currently racing my 600PP "Red Zed" around Daytona and piling on the cash for the F2007... 1.7 million Cr. in three days, and counting :sly:

edit: :indiff: I just learned that if everyone quits a race that you are hosting (and winning), you don't win any money for finishing the race...

edit 2: Another couple of great races, this time with a very fast German chap called ashorty - we did have one piece of contact in two whole 5 lap races, but it was completely accidental and didn't change the outcome of the race...

edit 3: I now have my F2007 :D

Just had a fantastic race on Suzuka 750pp V an unknown ford GT test on my brand new S2000 set up.

He'd been catching me and was a second behind when i ran wide on the hairpin meaning he caught up and began to move to the outside for spoon, i bravely moved onto the far inside before entering to block, but as we come out of Spoon my 533bhp just wasnt enough to stop that thing coming past.

We come to the chicane after i get a run on 130R, he holds the inside and emulates my earlier move but goes to far inside, i go round the outside giving me inside into the 2nd sharp turn of the chicane, which he hits me (or i hit im, no-one could be blamed for it) in a ditch attempt to stop me making the pass back, but in doing so loses control slightly and spins the tires just enough so i get the run out the corner and win by 0.18.

More good racing today,against a couple of GTRP racers who unfortunately I didn't take their names, very clean and very quick though in the Suzuka 500PP. I did come up against a bit of a dodgy racer though, "Veruti" from Spain in a Mazda Atenza, who brake tested me a few times and punted a few times too in the same races as the GTRP competitors. I didn't feel too guilty when I outbraked myself for a corner and nudged him off...

It's ok, i cracked once, same guy was harassing me race after race, so i caught him up in the 4th race after he had taken me out again, both in low positions and very precisely braked just late enough to nudge him way off on Spoon and keep on track myself.

I have a temper sometimes :lol:

EDIT: Well i thought the last race i posted about before this was impressive (post 161). But not anymore after the single most intense race or even game i've ever had without a Clan.

600pp Suzuka (PAL), only 3 drivers lined up, 2 blue Clio V6s and my Red Evo IX, all /tuned models.

The race begins and i get last spot on the grid, so lose ground from the much faster straight line speed of the Clios, but the first of the two brakes early forcing the other to slow. Heading into the S curves i gain ground quickly and overtake the slower of the two to move into second spot, right behind first. Now the term 'on his bumper' would be an understatement, for the entire of the lap i stay almost touching, every corner i close up and have to feather to keep an accident at bay, then each straight he'd pull away until the draft kicked in so i could close at 100mph or so. From there onwards i never went more then 0.2 away from him until the mid lap 2 when a pass attempt at spoon slows me and i fall 0.5 behind.

Knowing without his draft i would not be able to keep up i very bravely take 130R at 130+mph (remember this is 600pp) this causes me to go right back where i was, narrowly avoiding a collision going into the chicane. The action resumes with the gap even close then before as i desperately look for a way through in the curves where my Evo's far superior grip and downforce worked overtime to keep me on the road as i stay all over. Outside, inside, i find no way through, we head on into Degner, and in the corner before the hairpin, his until now immaculate driving fails him as his right foot is to heaby just fractions of a second to soon and he loses control enough to let me past and give a 2 second gap.

Knowing the speed he was getting out of that clio and without a draft i didn't let up and went on to win by 1.5, a smallish gap but huge in comparison to the rest of the race.

I've just been doing a few races on 600PP Suzuka with a whole bunch of GT5net guys and that was a lot of fun. GT5net_Nesty is a fast and gentlemanlike driver. Merci bien, les gars 👍

👍 Thanks for the compliment, I will let Nesty know :)

We play almost every nights either or 500 or 600 pp in Suzuka. Those races are the best we have found since the start of online.

Lots of good and clean racers and very close races from start to the end.

Allways a pleasure to race with GTP's and GTRP's racers.

We all met GTP_Ardius & GTP_Timppaq last night for some very good and close races... despite some punters as allways but the good races we had makes us forget about them ;)

I had a fantastic couple of races with another GT5net racer. His name was Katnomad and he was totally brilliant! His choice of the 350Z was superb and his skills were fantastic. We had a great tussle for about three or four races tonight and I want to acknowledge him for his ability.

Well done GT5net_Katnomad! You are a racers racer!

Wayne, you should be very proud of the GT5net boys. They wear their colours proudly and I hope to see them more often! 👍

I only hope that they regard me in the same light!

:dopey:

I had a fantastic couple of races with another GT5net racer. His name was Katnomad and he was totally brilliant! His choice of the 350Z was superb and his skills were fantastic. We had a great tussle for about three or four races tonight and I want to acknowledge him for his ability.

Well done GT5net_Katnomad! You are a racers racer!

Wayne, you should be very proud of the GT5net boys. They wear their colours proudly and I hope to see them more often! 👍

I only hope that they regard me in the same light!

:dopey:

I just had a great race with him too, pity I had to lose it on the last lap. I concur, he is a great, clean racer 👍

I don't know what it is, but whenever I see another GTP member (who is known to drive well) I get all excited and forget to race properly and end up taking a closer look at all the sandtraps on Suzuka more than once during a race. I did see Sphinx, Sjaak and Adidaz on Suzuka 600PP this evening and must say that Sphinx is one hell of a good driver. 👍
I'm glad that I beat Sjaak at last though. :P
In other races where there are no GTP members, but some from GTRP and GT5net I do tend to take the win for us and that makes it all swell again for me. ;)

Finally beat GT5net_Nesty tonight in that damned black NSX of his, on suzuka 600pp. Thanks to wrcsti for inadvertently giving me a wicked setup for my (non-tuned) Evo-X :sly: I finally had the cahoonas to hold him off on the straights. Only been trying to beat that fella for about 3 days now 👍

hehe, i hope you like the big bumping at the finish line :D
great races with Sjaak & Sphinx, really nice driving !

hope to see you again on tracks !

Great overtaking at Suzuka 750pp. I had an hour session with drama-kyd today and I have to say I've never seen such bad @$$ overtaking manuvers. I try to stay back and wait for the slow front runners to push wide or snap oversteer, but drama-kyd jumped right in and made some sweet clean passes. Once we cleared the field, I kept telling myself "ok, enough messing around lets dust him" but I could never get rid of him. What a pleasure to race with. Fastest racer I've seen yet at suzuka: drama-kyd, and wonderwilley. Cant wait to find them both at suzuka 750 to see how I compare.

I've had good races with someone named ICE3 & DACAHATA (Not sure of the spelling there). Matter of fact I've gone as far sometimes just staying behind as a result of a good race. I've been smashed or they've been smashed and once we recover and get back in we've been able to just figure out who would have been ahead and let them keep the lead. Who says we absolutely need voice chat. I'm going to run for cover on that one. I know many want voice chat. I'm not opposed to it, I'm just saying that sometimes people understand each other.

Had a race last night with a few guys from the forums on Suz 600 and the start got buggered by the boost effect. On High Speed Ring, the boost effect will put you the entire main straight in front before the race has even started, but on Suz, the only thing that happens to you is you lose control and start the race facing the pit wall.

So that happened to two poor blokes and the first thing we all did was pull over as soon as the lights turned green, waited for them to sort themselves out and then had three laps of tight racing.

I've had that happen me (boosted into the wall) and had the rest of the field scamper off into the distance which makes the first lap frustrating. But there was a great sense of camaraderie last night between us all and out of the 20 or so races I competed in, only 2 of them were disappointing and funnily enough, those two races featured the same guy.

A month ago, that stat would have been the other way around!

Had a couple of great races on 600 Suzuka last night. In the front, there were (these I remember) at least Sphinks, Sjaak, Tuesday_xxxxx, and Nivola(IT). All very, very fast.. too bad that I didn´t have the time to spend more time with you there (just two races). Loved the challenge you always seem to offer! 👍 Special hello to Nivola; I remember seeing you on my early days of online gt5p, and was impressed by the speed from the start. So, if you are reading this, impressive racing mate!!

Thanks to you all!

And btw, who are those tuesday_"color" -dudes?? Seems like they are really fast..

-Timppaq

p.s. Always a JOY to see you mods out there!!

had a great race with d1gbrad last night and even sent him a message he was in a rather quick elise..he did some bashing until he realised i was a clean driver and then we had a great tussle for a few laps always overtaking each other and always clean.

darren

Special hello to Nivola; I remember seeing you on my early days of online gt5p, and was impressed by the speed from the start. So, if you are reading this, impressive racing mate!!

-Timppaq

Hi Timppaq;

First of all excuse me for my bad english.........:(

Great races yesterday, and i have to say that a lot of GTP racers are very, very fast and really correct 👍

Are you driving that "rocket" clio V6 tuned? My Subaru Impreza STI '05 is really fast ( i manage to make the third place in TT 600pp Pro also at Fuji and also at Daytona Road);

In 600pp race i'm using Subaru, on 500pp usually i take Honda integra, and on 750pp always my R35 GT-R, probably the fasted that you ever seen...... hehehehe :D

I hope to meet you again in online race. :cheers:

Had quite a few good races over the weekend (Suzuka, 600pp), but one was by far the best race I've ever had on-line.

I caught 'GTRDC Honeycar' (in a yellow ferrari 512) just after the S turns on the first lap. No problems I thought, the 512 is no match for the NSX, I'll be past him soon. What followed was 3 laps of flat out bumper to bumper racing, with several clean passes on both sides and never more than a tenth or 2 between us at any stage. The 512 was quicker on some turns, the NSX on others, I had to draft like mad to keep up on the straights but was much better under braking.

Got a good draft down the back straight on the final lap, held off passing in to 130 to get a better line in to the chicance and slipped down the inside under brakes... slowed down on the line to show my appreciation and let him take the flag... 6:52's for us both.

One day all on-line racing will be like this.

👍

thx, yeah I remember that race too...was awesome....:)
You were very fair!!
Didn't see u anymore since then....

Now I'm driving the NSX (indeed much faster than the Ferrari 512:dunce:)

Had a couple of nice and clean races with some GTP-Members (some old pals), GT5net and of course GTRP and GTNDC...and Nivola I've met too:tup:

Hope the crashkiddies will dissapear soon, so that we can have some real good online racing...

Seeya on track:tup:

P.S. sorry for my decent english

Just had a really nice series of races with GTP_hammer and GTP_three03 with SMB thrown in for good measure. Sorry I got out of synch with you guys but had an important phone call.:ouch:

Enjoyed racing with you gentlemen. Major Props to you all!! 👍👍

Fast, clean and make me proud to have a "GTP" clan tag.:cheers:

Back