[ORA] FIA GT World Championship [S3] | TRL_Evo and Ramalhinho are your PRO and AM Champions!Finished 

I am a MASSIVE fan of F1, and I personally agree with your comments about the sport basically going to s***, yes André Lotterer wasn't too pleased with the performance of this years F1 car. However, he was driving a Caterham, which is undeniably one of the worst made cars on the grid, it just does not have the performance to keep up with the mid-field teams.
Ferrari - I believe they won't leave F1, they do have more to give to the sport, they have the money to partially support it... to succeed like they were doing pre-2013 they need to put more interest into the development of their cars, it seems like they haven't bothered this year especially, judging by Alonso's performances this year.
McLaren, I believe they will start developing an LMP car in the next few years if not next year... Button doesn't seem up to the job anymore and they don't have the funds to develop a winning car anymore due to their recent championship standings.
Audi, I believe, could bring a lot of money to F1 if they do join but it depends on if they develop a winning car or a car that can keep up, if they fail in doing so it would kind of seem like a waste of a trip and money, especially when they are currently the most successful Le Mans manufacturer ever.

Overall, there isn't much anyone can do for F1, it's just the way the sport has become.

Why would ferrari, the most successful team in F1 after about 60 years in F1 Racing just drop because they don't like all the regulations!? If they do leave (which i certaintly doubt) they will return very soon
Ferrari are usually the first to submit regulation ideas lol

I'm also a huge F1 fan, but for me F1 has become much more interesting for me over this last season. I found it a lot more boring when the same car and same driver kept on winning season upon season. I agree this season has yes been dominated by one manufacture yet again but I'm more inclined to think that Mercedes got it right quicker than all the rest. If decisions are to be made about leaving manufacturers leaving F1 I seriously doubt that they will be made in the first season of change. Manufacturers are not going to want to "lose face" and run away as soon as the going gets tough, This is potentially as damaging to the brand as consistently loosing is, most likely more, as with all of the potential gains as competing in F1 brings. Whichever way you look at it next year F1 still will be the most popular motorsport in regards to the worlds population it is able to reach, and no matter what the rumour mill is grinding out right now, the only teams that may be missing off the grid would possibly be Caterham, Marrusia and unless Lotus get their act together they also may end up on the F1 scrapheap.

Any brands joining F1 can only be beneficial for themselves and F1 as a sport.

I personally believe Marussia will be in next year, but most likely without Bianchi they will drop again, lose money and will eventually have to drop out.

I believe Caterham should have dropped out ages ago, they're not gaining any money and they're going round in circles, not going anywhere. Their time is up. They tried.

See now im a massive WEC/Sportscar fan, i dont see what F1, well the FIA, are trying to do with the regs they set but its a sport for massive manufactures who have loads of money can go and try build a car and have fun and pay stupid money to drivers to drive around for what, 1 hour and a half not really having to do much just press a button and a mario kart flap opens and away you go. where as WEC you dont need to be a massive manufacture to enjoy it there are so many levels you can join in at, plus the technology is going into road cars, for the P1 and GTE pro teams, take audi for example they have developed so many different lighting systems for their road cars threw Le Mans, that go on their cars that us, the public buy, what has gone on a road car from F1? mario kart wing on the McLaren P1 is kinda like DRS. the engine technology from f1, thats not gonna be in cars we can buy, a 1.6 Turbo? really? i know im slagging F1 of a lot and im probably going to annoy some people, i just dont see how people can see Audi leaving WEC and going to F1, i dont think they have anything to gain..

See now im a massive WEC/Sportscar fan, i dont see what F1, well the FIA, are trying to do with the regs they set but its a sport for massive manufactures who have loads of money can go and try build a car and have fun and pay stupid money to drivers to drive around for what, 1 hour and a half not really having to do much just press a button and a mario kart flap opens and away you go. where as WEC you dont need to be a massive manufacture to enjoy it there are so many levels you can join in at, plus the technology is going into road cars, for the P1 and GTE pro teams, take audi for example they have developed so many different lighting systems for their road cars threw Le Mans, that go on their cars that us, the public buy, what has gone on a road car from F1? mario kart wing on the McLaren P1 is kinda like DRS. the engine technology from f1, thats not gonna be in cars we can buy, a 1.6 Turbo? really? i know im slagging F1 of a lot and im probably going to annoy some people, i just dont see how people can see Audi leaving WEC and going to F1, i dont think they have anything to gain..
publicity, when Audi started doing LMP1 the class itself was dying until Peugeot, Toyota, Nissan, Porsche showed up to take on Audi. If Audi joins F1 and bring F1 back to it's feet like what they did with the FIA WEC you know how good that will look on Audi?

I think trying to compare F1 and WEC is like trying to compare a 100m sprint and a marathon. They both have their differing qualities. As for an F1 driver not having much to do whilst driving is just not true, there are many adjustments made during the race to try to improve the cars performance. Its not as simple as getting strapped in, foot to the floor, off we go.

The DRS is primarily there to avoid stagnant races whilst watching, as its a spectator sport, and spectators demand excitement and thrills. Its these types of rules that provide the global popularity that it has. We have a fascination with speed, everything down to the positioning of the pit crew to the very last nut and bolt is designed for speed and performance and this obviously provides the ideal proving ground for new innovative technology. Technology which you must agree filters down to all levels of motor sport and motoring, not much (If anything) filters upwards.
I would have to disagree with you saying that NO technology from F1 ends up in standard road cars, this has been the main drive for rule changes this season, it is a sport which models itself on how technology can improve and how it may be done in future road cars.

There have been many advancements in road cars engines because of F1, because of the amount of money and research that goes into the build of an F1 engine this can only lead to benefits that manufactures will use in their engines of their cars.
Here are a few direct impacts:

F1 is a testing ground for tyre design and has led to the modern design that everybody use on their cars.
Sequential gearboxes were first developed in F1 and can now even be seen in the C2.
Because of the ban in refuelling during pitting, our fuel at the pumps is now more efficient
As I've already said because of this years rules changes green technology is now at the forefront of research and development in the worlds biggest brands in motoring this can only lead to good things.

As for Audi wanting to join F1 @SSJGZWarrior hit the nail on its head as it were. Audi would only benefit, as would F1, more manufactures working to be the best means more competition which can only lead to a better engine design, which will filter down to road cars eventually. I would have to say that F1 is the forefront runner on representing road cars to come, and would hazard a guess that as the technology becomes cheaper other versions of motorsports will end up following their example.

Don't get me wrong you watch these sports depending on your personal taste, but as long as F1's global demand remains as it is then so will F1 remain at the top - where the most money is to be gained - manufacturers are only in it for the bottom line after all.

Standard monocoque's! Why hasten any one thought about standard monocoque's? There used in DTM and super GT!

Well you arent too far off, we may have a surprise for you guys who are bored during the off season ;)

Is it that because of the popularity of the event so high you have started to sell the TV rights to companies, so we're all going to have to sine something like an agreement of some sorts giving some money to each of the drivers. Depending on the size of the set up means that some people will get more then others ?

Or we have a livestream....?

*sorry I was bord in the car.

Big Announcement
New Support Series
FIA GT3 Cup
A few of you guys mentioned that you were bored with the off season, so we took it upon ourselves to solve that issue; introducing the FIA GT3 Cup! It is a one make, 5-week series that will be run during the S2-S3 break. Car of choice is the Mercedes SLS GT3.
*Please note that this will not be a Pro/Am split for the time being so there will only be 1 lobby open.

Big Announcement
New Support Series
FIA GT3 Cup
A few of you guys mentioned that you were bored with the off season, so we took it upon ourselves to solve that issue; introducing the FIA GT3 Cup! It is a one make, 5-week series that will be run during the S2-S3 break. Car of choice is the Mercedes SLS GT3.
*Please note that this will not be a Pro/Am split for the time being so there will only be 1 lobby open.
All I did in the off season of S1 was 1: not do S2 and 2 practice ALOT on the Nürb. :)

Hey guys, sorry for being off topic, but I have created a Spec FRS Racing Series and am asking you guys to check it out and give me feedback. I am still working on it but please check it out. Click here for details. Thanks guys.

20141104_bmw_02.jpg

Hmmmmm, interesting! Maybe we could have it in the series.

Yeah, the omission of working lights on the BMW Safety Car does boggle the mind.

Is it that because of the popularity of the event so high you have started to sell the TV rights to companies, so we're all going to have to sine something like an agreement of some sorts giving some money to each of the drivers. Depending on the size of the set up means that some people will get more then others ?

Or we have a livestream....?

*sorry I was bord in the car.
Your probably right sk8rboi, can we expect driving contracts next? My standard rate is $30000000000000000. per season.

Back