Ouninpohja Rally stage in Finland

• Thread starter HOOT44
  • 8 comments
This track makes me think that to drive on it in Gran Turismo, the game should require the following behavior, NO exceptions:-

• Off-track excursions will cause realistic damage
  • Severe crashes may cause retirement due to damage
  • All damage repairs must be paid for
  • The damage will remain with the car until repaired
  • Severely damaged cars may cost more to repair than to replace

With these rules, there would be absolute respect for the track, setting good times would require dedication and high positions on leaderboards would also command absolute respect.

Learning all those blind crests................ :bowdown::bowdown:

Of course, a navigator is required.

This track makes me think that to drive on it in Gran Turismo, the game should require the following behavior, NO exceptions:-

• Off-track excursions will cause realistic damage
  • Severe crashes may cause retirement due to damage
  • All damage repairs must be paid for
  • The damage will remain with the car until repaired
  • Severely damaged cars may cost more to repair than to replace

With these rules, there would be absolute respect for the track, setting good times would require dedication and high positions on leaderboards would also command absolute respect.

Learning all those blind crests................ :bowdown::bowdown:

Of course, a navigator is required.
This

The personal reward would be so much greater this way

This

The personal reward would be so much greater this way

These thoughts came to me having just re-watched the movie "Love the Beast" - Eric Bana's story about his '73 Falcon and the Targa Tasmania.

I won't post any spoilers, but if you've watched this great movie, you'll know what I mean!

I know with these rules, I wouldn't be just going out, crashing and burning to find the limits. I'd be taking a slow car out first, driving cautiously, and gradually evolving the driving and the cars. As a footnote, it'd be kind of fun to have the game tally up the damage I had caused!

These thoughts came to me having just re-watched the movie "Love the Beast" - Eric Bana's story about his '73 Falcon and the Targa Tasmania.

I won't post any spoilers, but if you've watched this great movie, you'll know what I mean!

I know with these rules, I wouldn't be just going out, crashing and burning to find the limits. I'd be taking a slow car out first, driving cautiously, and gradually evolving the driving and the cars. As a footnote, it'd be kind of fun to have the game tally up the damage I had caused!
Too right. The difficulty and the steep learning curve is exactly the "adrenaline" of these driving simulators, at least for me. Remember Richard Burns' Rally?
I've seen that Bana movie. Great stuff. They just revisited it in "Classic Restos" yesterday.

GT6 needs more rally period. I would like to see stage racing, but would especially like to see like a Monte Carlo rally type location, make a track that's like a 60/40 combination of dirt and gravel.

Back