Overwatch ps4 pc xbox1

• Thread starter boomee
  • 568 comments
overwatch_pals_by_electricbunnycomics-db10549.jpg

I have a question about Mercy. Let's say that I'm on the ground and trying to fly up towards a Pharah. If I press the glide button so Mercy won't fall instantly, does that affect my upward flight, or does it only affect falling?

Dan
I have a question about Mercy. Let's say that I'm on the ground and trying to fly up towards a Pharah. If I press the glide button so Mercy won't fall instantly, does that affect my upward flight, or does it only affect falling?

I think it only affects your upward flight if im correct

So..um...

I'm not a D.Va main anymore.

The risks using her heavily outweigh the benefits right now. All she is is a DM bot right now...

I'm liking the new character Orisa, she's pretty decent.

Starting to get into this game more, I haven't played that much honestly.

Now a Sombra main!

With all of her buffs, she's become legitimately dangerous.

Maybe I'll make her gun my second gold gun...

Now a Sombra main!

With all of her buffs, she's become legitimately dangerous.

Maybe I'll make her gun my second gold gun...

Haven't paid attention to her getting buffed. What have they fixed?

Also, what is your first gold gun? D.Va's auto shotguns?

Dan
Haven't paid attention to her getting buffed. What have they fixed?

• Translocator cooldown down to 4 seconds
  • Hack cooldown down to 8 seconds
  • Uncloaking sound/voiceline can't be heard by enemies if you are 15 metres away
  • Hacked health packs can be seen through walls
She's able position herself in stupid amounts of places now. Because of her absurdly low Translocator cooldown, she can Translocate behind a team, go invisible, and throw out another Translocator towards her team before the invisibility runs out. Depending on your positioning and your game awareness, you can cut down the majority of the heroes with ease. Reinhardts are very easy to take out if they don't realise that you're there. D.Va's too, but considering she drops out of the mech after you take her out, you'll probably need support. Hell, even her relative lack of damage compared to the rest of the Offense heroes isn't that noticeable with good tracking and positioning.

Adding to all of that, I'm still under the impression that EMP is one of the most powerful ults in the game when used correctly. Sure, when you're alone, it's not too powerful (Sombra definitely lacks the the power to take on like 3 people caught in an EMP), but coupled with another ult, it's stupidly powerful.

This happened in one of my competitive games today.

2nd point of Volkskaya Industries. I had just translocated around the back of the point to destroy a teleporter. My friends, who were playing D.Va and Lucio respectively, were grouping up the rest of the team to push onto the second point.

Lucio broke it down, and speed boosted onto the team, while our other healer kept everyone topped up and everyone else tried to put in as much damage as possible. At this point, my friend launched a Self Destruct into the air. The Reinhardt on the opposing team attempted to block the blast with his shield (as it does 1000 damage). Cue me, jumping down from behind them, and using an EMP. Shield down, team kill, won the match. (The opposing team wasn't able to take the second point while we defended).

I lost two more games after that though. One of the losses was my fault, too. The climb back to Diamond shouldn't be too difficult, though.

Dan
Also, what is your first gold gun? D.Va's auto shotguns?

No, shockingly. To be honest, I don't like the look of the gold guns in D.Va's Meka. It looks kinda goofy. I got Tracer's pistols instead, right at the beginning of Season 3 (I ended with 2980 competitive points at the end of Season 2, so I had to win two placement matches to have enough for a gold gun). I'm planning to have Sombra's gold gun by the end of Season 4/beginnin of Season 5. After that? Who knows? Probably Ana.

• Translocator cooldown down to 4 seconds
  • Hack cooldown down to 8 seconds
  • Uncloaking sound/voiceline can't be heard by enemies if you are 15 metres away
  • Hacked health packs can be seen through walls
She's able position herself in stupid amounts of places now. Because of her absurdly low Translocator cooldown, she can Translocate behind a team, go invisible, and throw out another Translocator towards her team before the invisibility runs out. Depending on your positioning and your game awareness, you can cut down the majority of the heroes with ease. Reinhardts are very easy to take out if they don't realise that you're there. D.Va's too, but considering she drops out of the mech after you take her out, you'll probably need support. Hell, even her relative lack of damage compared to the rest of the Offense heroes isn't that noticeable with good tracking and positioning.

Adding to all of that, I'm still under the impression that EMP is one of the most powerful ults in the game when used correctly. Sure, when you're alone, it's not too powerful (Sombra definitely lacks the the power to take on like 3 people caught in an EMP), but coupled with another ult, it's stupidly powerful.

This happened in one of my competitive games today.

2nd point of Volkskaya Industries. I had just translocated around the back of the point to destroy a teleporter. My friends, who were playing D.Va and Lucio respectively, were grouping up the rest of the team to push onto the second point.

Lucio broke it down, and speed boosted onto the team, while our other healer kept everyone topped up and everyone else tried to put in as much damage as possible. At this point, my friend launched a Self Destruct into the air. The Reinhardt on the opposing team attempted to block the blast with his shield (as it does 1000 damage). Cue me, jumping down from behind them, and using an EMP. Shield down, team kill, won the match. (The opposing team wasn't able to take the second point while we defended).

I lost two more games after that though. One of the losses was my fault, too. The climb back to Diamond shouldn't be too difficult, though.

No, shockingly. To be honest, I don't like the look of the gold guns in D.Va's Meka. It looks kinda goofy. I got Tracer's pistols instead, right at the beginning of Season 3 (I ended with 2980 competitive points at the end of Season 2, so I had to win two placement matches to have enough for a gold gun). I'm planning to have Sombra's gold gun by the end of Season 4/beginnin of Season 5. After that? Who knows? Probably Ana.

Wow. That buff is insane. Glad that Blizzard finally made her viable for competitive play.

By the way, nice play. Its great that the enemy Rein couldn't charge to contend the point after you hacked him. If you hacked a Pharah (who could still fly around and distract while their team regrouped), is her jetpack disabled? I also wonder how well Sombra's SMG could counter a flying Pharah.

Dan
Wow. That buff is insane. Glad that Blizzard finally made her viable for competitive play.

By the way, nice play. Its great that the enemy Rein couldn't charge to contend the point after you hacked him. If you hacked a Pharah (who could still fly around and distract while their team regrouped), is her jetpack disabled? I also wonder how well Sombra's SMG could counter a flying Pharah.

She can still fly using her jetpack (as it's counted as a passive, and Sombra can't hack those), but her Jump Jets are disabled.

Also, it depends on how close the Pharah is to the ground. Due to how dumb Sombra's weapon spread is, if she's pretty high into the sky, she's basically tickling the Pharah.

She can still fly using her jetpack (as it's counted as a passive, and Sombra can't hack those), but her Jump Jets are disabled.

Oh, so can Soldier 76 still sprint and Lucio can switch tracks?

TS050
Also, it depends on how close the Pharah is to the ground. Due to how dumb Sombra's weapon spread is, if she's pretty high into the sky, she's basically tickling the Pharah.

Inb4 R34.

Dan
Oh, so can Soldier 76 still sprint and Lucio can switch tracks?

Nope. If the Soldier is already running while he's hacked, he can continue running until he stops, but if he isn't, his legs basically stop working right. Lucio can't switch tracks either. Those count as normal abilities, not passive abilities.

Dan
Inb4 R34.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Back