PAL: Daytona road course 650pp: xx.00 - 15 - 30 - 45

• Thread starter Marchbrown
  • 418 comments
I just released a Ford GT for this event in The Lion's Den guys, please check it out. I know we have new events on Christmas Day, which doesn't leave much time to play with it, and for that I am sorry.

I think 648pp is not a free tactic if you race at 00-15-30-45 wich is a GTplanet event where the best drivers gather and race fair and clean.

Then I see a group of drivers using 648pp constantly in this event and I don't know why I should always start from 7-12 and you guys from 1-6 it's just not FAIR and I don't even worry about it to much becouse I ussaly catch the leaders in about 2 laps and that's the time when I'm happy that I have 650pp tune.

I have big respect for Lacko_M47,redwings,szoag but koksi and pepe were not clean on some races in the last couple of days and sometimes intentionaly for sure.

Spanish drivers of GTros and Sutil we use to publish on our forum the times for racing, we first decided to use diferent time than 00 15 ... becausse there was as much people using it and races got so laggy and we started doing 05 20 35....
Then we end up discovering that becausse of saying it on the forum we got some "no welcomed guests" on races. Dirty drivers who red the forum but never post there.
Finally we decided that time for races would be only showed on our PS comment and now is better.
The real problem i think it is becausse of the game. Not having private halls and other things like phisics, the lag, penalty sistems and this silly points stuff make us argue for things we shouldn´t.

Nissman!

I say again: I respect your expecting (maximum pp value), and I think all of my teammate will play on maximum pp, we discussed this subject on our webpage.

We, BTH-players will respect your PP expecting! Sorry if in the past we played <650pp!

And very very bad feeling is on ALL of BTH-teammates, because there is this GENERALIZATION for we. Very very be ashamed that 1 or 2 GTP player, who started this theme! This thing doesnt right.

Some people of my team want play other PSN-ID, because PAIN him this.

And last! Koksi not clean???

Koksi is perhaps the BEST BTH player, and he is very fair racer!!!
The reason of his not clean driving is: he have PS3 and GT5P since 1 week.
I think he will improve in small time! Because he is very good!!!
Pepe will drive careful, he is a good player too, I think.

So, I and all of BTH-teammates very sorry all your BTH-problems, I hope the opinion of BTH-team will improve in future.

Good racing!

I get what you're saying Madmax but if a team of fast drivers like BTH that read this forum and know what the rules are, still has to use 648pp to gain advantage then I don't know maybe they should have their own 648pp event. If they wan't to race at 00-15....they should have 650pp like the rest of us.👍

EDIT:The story about Koksi has two sides about 3 days ago we raced for about 2 hours I always started behind him and always managed to catch him.
When I was trying to pass him he was blocking my every move and then when I managed to get past him we were aproching the braking in the turn just before the oval,had about 1 sec lead then saw him in my mirror closing up on my rear end and right when I was about to acclarate he gave a little nudge just enough to send me in the gravel.
I said ok payback time, the next race I give him a nudge and ruin his race like he did mine before.
But from that point on he stoped and we had nothing but clean races so I hope it stays like this.

Last edited:
Nissman!

You dont understanded my #393 letter!
I know Koksi. I believe that he nudge you a lot of times, but its reason is Koksi's beginner level. You think: after your payback Koksi stopped the nudges. But it is by chance, because Koksi dont deliberate nudged you in previous races.

Do you understand?

Please dont say that "deliberate", because it was not that.

Koksi is very very fair player!!! I know him.

Last edited:
I understand you clearly Duck but you are now talking like you were the steward in that race watching our every move.
As i recal you were not in that race and what I told in the previus post is the truth and what I also told you that from that point we had clean races with Koksi.
I'm not judging your team by one or two drivers I am also in a team and we had the same problem a while ago.
All I'm saying is that I had a racing inccident with Koksi wich maybe was intentional maybe it wasn't but I guess I can't say that for sure.
Anyway we are now racing cleanly so it's all good:tup:

I understand you clearly Duck but you are now talking like you were the steward in that race watching our every move.
As i recal you were not in that race and what I told in the previus post is the truth and what I also told you that from that point we had clean races with Koksi.
I'm not judging your team by one or two drivers I am also in a team and we had the same problem a while ago.
All I'm saying is that I had a racing inccident with Koksi wich maybe was intentional maybe it wasn't but I guess I can't say that for sure.
Anyway we are now racing cleanly so it's all good:tup:

The same thing happened with me in regards to Koksi. I must have had been in about 5 or so races with him...before you joined. In the first couple of races his driving was really erratic and disrespectful, blocking down the straight and pushing me off in a couple of occasions. Whether it was intentional or not I don't know, that wasn't really the point. The point is, if you're going to run someone off the road as aggressively as he did, intentionally or not, at least have the courtesy to pull over and wait for that driver to get back on the road. Especially when the driver you hit is clearly faster than you and one of the fastest on the track. When you run someone off the road time and time again without waiting for them it looks deliberate for the most part. It was getting rather annoying working my way up the pack only to get ran off the road by either Pepe or Koksi. On the whole his actions weren't nearly as bad as Pepe's though. The last two races I had with him (Koksi) he was driving great, giving me room when I needed it and never attempted to bump me off. I just thought it was funny that they were driving all respectful after we had to teach them the hard way (running them off the road like they did with us...and not waiting). He later on sent me a message saying good racing which I thought was kind of funny after what he did to me. Like I said, I have no problems with the BTH team and hope we can ALL race fair and respectfully in the future 👍

Last edited:
Haha, yeah!

I was just about to hit the brakes but you two did a splitt second earlier than me which luckily allowed us to get through it pretty well I feel. Was risky stuff!

I just tried 40/60torque settings, about 2 seconds a lap slower lol!

Edit: Much better standard of driving by everyone tonight. Still some paint sharing, but this track will always encourage this to happen...

Last edited:
Got into some close finishes with Whitburn187 today, too bad his California was nowhere near as good as my Ford GT.:sly:

doblocruiser, when driving slow cars please pull over at the start of the race and let the fast cars through.

doblocruiser, when driving slow cars please pull over at the start of the race and let the fast cars through.

Yeah I know ;-) sorry about that. Just wanted to know how long I could stay in front of the gunsquad ;) Just mis those lesser powerfull races inmensly

Although I hope you liked the little TLD tribute (Alfa / Lancia) :sly:

Last edited:
With the "mood" I'm in today I don't think Corvette is the best car to drive, one little thing to break you rhythm (like a car ghosting through you) and I'm a goner. Back to the GT.

Edit: The funniest thing happened to me while racing my Ford GT. I was just thinking how all the GTR drivers seem to think their traction advantage instantly gives them right of way in any situation, when bam, the 4 GTR drivers in front of me all ram each other off track at turn 1 thinking they had right of way. I cruised on through in my Ford GT. It was SO funny. Although to be fair at least one of them was innocent and a clean driver. Already forgotten his name, something1007 it was, don't remember what "something" was. Anyway, he was Spanish and I'm told from here. We had a great battle to the finish and I came 1st by 0.02sec, very nice.:)

Last edited:
It was me, Paulie. As I said, it was my first time in Daytona 650 pp. With the GT-R the first corner is not easy, and it's more difficult with active steering OFF xD

Great races last night, one on one with BTH_Lacko_M47! Like he said "its like cat and mouse" lol!! Tnx Lacko hope to race you later on:)

It was me, Paulie. As I said, it was my first time in Daytona 650 pp. With the GT-R the first corner is not easy, and it's more difficult with active steering OFF xD

Yes. The GTR is still faster though.:sly: Anyway, great race!👍 How did that 4 way GTR crash happen anyway?:lol:

I think they did the same as me. Braking so late. I only know I was in the wall with the other 3 GT-R parked in front and behind me xDDD

so, i dont like to, but i have to.

I did several races again, this time on PP650 Daytona, and out of 12 cars, 10 of them were GTR's , just me (tuned Corvette) and GTP_ PASM(Ford GT LM) were real wheel driven. I mean its ok to have an Full event of GTR's, but i suggest that PD lets say give's us RWD Events only, then one week AWD only and so on.
Oh and if PD already once gave us those Drivetrain restricted races, i haven't seen them and so i would apologize :)

Chris

They haven't given those, that's why we have made them ourselves. ;) Check out Daytona 600pp RWD event sometime for example.
Or, you could start a new thread(event) with RWD rule if you like no point restrictions. I would like that aswell. Although the events are changing in few days, but anyways. :)

And then it occured to me as I lost to 3 GTRs. A GTR driver can be 2-3sec off the pace of fast GTR drivers and still be faster than my average lap time in the Ford GT.:grumpy: I hate the GTR sometimes.

ya those GTR's ... bloddy hell! :P last night i decided to give it a run in the GTR and i clocked a 1.48.556 in free run. In the Tuned Vette i did a 1.51.2**
Those GTR's have some grip and of course the big big advantage of AWD.

Anyways, i'm online right now giving it in the GTR. Looking forward to friday!

Chris

The stupid thing, is that AWD/4wd isn't the fastest way around (most) tracks in the hands of a competative racer.

It should be an intelligent enough game, so that newbies can be more competative in an AWD/4wd car than they are in a RWD car...Which they can, but more importantly ensure that highly skilled gamers should be able to go faster in a RWD car than an AWD/4wd car.

Does that make sense? Lol

The stupid thing, is that AWD/4wd isn't the fastest way around (most) tracks in the hands of a competative racer.

It should be an intelligent enough game, so that newbies can be more competative in an AWD/4wd car than they are in a RWD car...Which they can, but more importantly ensure that highly skilled gamers should be able to go faster in a RWD car than an AWD/4wd car.

Does that make sense? Lol

Makes sense to me, although your first statement is a bit of a generalization. Variables such as downforce, power levels, tires, weight, set-up, and of course the track layout as you mentioned, are all factors in determining whether or not a AWD or RWD car is faster around a given circuit. For example, you can only lay down so much power with a RWD car if you were on street tires with no downforce and lots of power. In stock form the GT-R vs. Z06 would be the perfect illustration of this. You have one car that is able to really maximize it's power on street tires (GT-R), where as with the RWD Z06 you can't get on the gas very aggressively or soon in a corner due to the fact that you are on streets tires with lots of torque/hp and low weight. Now if both cars were on super sticky slicks with lots of aero and moderate hp levels, RWD would usually be at an advantage. For the most part the advantage would really only come from the loss of weight by removing the front drive assembly though. (transaxle unit, front axles, etc.)

Also in reality (unlike in the game...I hope you're listening PD) the GT-R's computer automatically sends torque fore and aft on the fly. This is one of the reasons it handles so well in real life for being such a pig. If the GT-R were set-up with a fixed 50/50 front/rear torque bias the car would understeer like a pig in most on power situations. If it were fixed at say 30/70 it would likely have a tendency to oversteer when on throttle. The fact that the GT-R's computer can shift torque from the front to rear allows the car to either pull out of a oversteering situation by sending torque to the front tires, or by sending torque to the back tires in an ON power understeer situation. AWD systems nowadays are quite advanced. Acura and Mitsubishi also have AWD systems that are capable of not only diverting torque fore and aft, but also laterally to further help push/pull the mass/car around a corner.

Back