Patch 1.10 - new single player mode "GT League"

• Thread starter ststav01
  • 1,978 comments
Just downloaded the update and took a quick look at it. On my way to work now... can someone check if the leaderbords for school/missions/experience got reset again or not?

And do the GT League races have leaderbords?

I'm sure each week new races will be added to the GT league mode. Not a single gr.3 race?!

I would have thought it would be more likely that GT League will be expanded race wise at time of each update rather than weekly.

PD have difficult balancing act here to perform - they need to keep offline GT league and online Sport mode customer base happy so likely there will be changes on both especially as many have a "foot in both camps". Suspect PD's intent is to hope to grow the very last category......

I like the idea of clean bonus payout in GT League - in line with overall sportsmanship ethos plus the greater payout for difficulty.

Sad to see maximum tyre choice is SS though even on Sunday Cup.......not online at present so does running with SH etc affect winnings payout ? its one of the usual methods to make these races more challenging.

I’m very happy with the update but I’m a little disappointed that we have only gotten a couple of races for the per category on the last two categories and it’s not like the old GT series like you could upgrade your vehicles the right way use your own money to upgrade them

Could somebody kindly stick up a price list for the new cars???
(Pretty please!)

-->

Info on the 12 new cars:

Code:
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible ’69 50,000 N300
Gran Turismo Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova 300,000 N700
Ferrari F40 ’92 50,000 N500
Ferrari Enzo Ferrari ’02 1,000,000 N700
Ford F-150 SVT Raptor ’11 55,000 N400
KTM X-Bow R ’12 100,000 N300
Lamborghini Countach LP400 ’74 1,800,000 N400
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A ’02 40,000 N300
Nissan Skyline GT-R V·Spec II ’94 52,900 N300
Nissan Skyline GT-R V·Spec II Nur ’02 61,000 N300
Volkswagen Sambabus Typ 2 (T1) ’62 75,000 N100
Suzuki Swift Sport ’07 16,300 N100

I would have thought it would be more likely that GT League will be expanded race wise at time of each update rather than weekly.

PD have difficult balancing act here to perform - they need to keep offline GT league and online Sport mode customer base happy so likely there will be changes on both especially as many have a "foot in both camps". Suspect PD's intent is to hope to grow the very last category......

I like the idea of clean bonus payout in GT League - in line with overall sportsmanship ethos plus the greater payout for difficulty.

Sad to see maximum tyre choice is SS though even on Sunday Cup.......not online at present so does running with SH etc affect winnings payout ? its one of the usual methods to make these races more challenging.

Maybe they will alternate?? One week sport mode, the next GT League??

Maybe they will alternate?? One week sport mode, the next GT League??

This sounds more like 'online' seasonal races than expanding GT League with more race content.

Highly unlikely in my opinion that coding, testing etc and release could all be done in a week or two - will likely be part of monthly release schedule and not necessary every month. Depends on what PD plan to put out each month including number of minor bugs/improvements etc - they are still making system stability improvements as evidenced by 1.10 official release notes. (1.09 release notes contained GT League etc).

This sounds more like 'online' seasonal races than expanding GT League with more race content.

Highly unlikely in my opinion that coding, testing etc and release could all be done in a week or two - will likely be part of monthly release schedule and not necessary every month. Depends on what PD plan to put out each month including number of minor bugs/improvements etc - they are still making system stability improvements as evidenced by 1.10 official release notes. (1.09 release notes contained GT League etc).

I agree its more likely to be at least monthly (if at all), but who knows what they have going on behind the scenes!!

So what's the consensus, is the new single player a challenge or not? I'm at work until lunchtime so can't try it out.

The G25 is a better wheel for PC users if you have the gearstick which has superior sequential shifting option, I sold mine on ebay for almost as much as my G29 cost.

Back