Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
What?!!! Those gloriously devious bast**ds!!! I wasn't expecting it today!
As for PS4 ,is there anyone who's gonna delete his Project Cars profile file with th new 3.0 patch ?
Or do you think that this is not necessary ?
What is profile file? Delete game file and reinstall? Delete career mode and start new one? Is this something SMS recommends?

EDIT: downloading now on PS4. 2.9 GB. :eek:

Last edited:
LEADERBOARDS RESET
Please be aware that, as a result of the enhanced cut-track detection system included in Patch 3.0, all Time Trial leaderboards will be reset over the course of the next 12 hours. This is to clear out leaderboard times that were set under the old cut-track detection system where players could get away with driving off-track and gain time by doing so. The new system is far fairer and much more accurate. By resetting the leaderboards we remove all these 'contaminated' records and ensure that everyone has a fair shot at setting true and accurate Time Trial leaderboard entries.

readImage

I can compete in them now! Once I find the time....

Jerome

I'm also on the train to download the 2.9 gibby gibby gibby bytes .
132mb now , what a speed my train is from the prehistoric I think .

Cantona ,
1 Profile file is 1O.49 MB , only this should be deleted if I read correct .
2 no
3 no
4 no

To and for Ridox2JZGTE :

I'm sure some of you like me came from the Gran Turismo environment. If so you may have encountered Ridox.
His work was excellent and offered a whole hearted attempt to bring realism into the tuning world.
Yes we all know it's gaming. But realism and authenticity should not be discounted. Kaz wanted GT to be a living encyclopedia of cars. And up until the mid point of GT5 he had done just that. But what he also did was get his weights and measures dead on. All the numbers were real. Now, if that translates into real responses if those numbers are altered by way of tuning your guess is as good as mine. But changes to performance were perceptible even in the archaic
and misbegotten tuning offered by the GT series.

If think Ridox2JZGTE contention that authentic numbers should translate into authentic results in sims is correct.
And while keeping in mind it is ultimately a game, it's a game designed to offer a view into what is real.
I suspect Ridox would be a genuine help to SMS in designing PCars. As would a load of other folks who read GTP.

Not because he's a master mechanic. (Which he may or may not be) But rather because he is passionate about
racing and cars in general. Plus like large percentage of us, he's a gamer.

So I'm not his big brother trying to take up for him. And I have no beef with any who had opinions counter to his.
I just think we should recognize that he just wants to make the experience as real as possible. And he expresses that want by making tunes for sim cars as realistic as he can. I just don't see anything wrong with that. :cheers:
Here's hoping the PS4 version of PCars gets to be as good as the PC version.

If think Ridox2JZGTE contention that authentic numbers should translate into authentic results in sims is correct.
And while keeping in mind it is ultimately a game, it's a game designed to offer a view into what is real.
I suspect Ridox would be a genuine help to SMS in designing PCars. As would a load of other folks who read GTP.
I did in fact ask him (well hinted clearly at anyway :P) to sign up for pCARS 2. ;) Also note that some of his findings are already in this patch (Clio and FQ400). :D

Last edited:
I did in fact ask him (well hinted clearly at anyway :P) to sign up for pCARS 2. ;) Also note that some of his findings are already in this patch (Clio and FQ400). :D

That was good of you. And it's refreshing to see that SMS prove time and again that they actually listen to their users/customers. They can't help but to improve the game and satisfy their customers using this business model.

Well what can i say? Have been away and not played the game for a good 2 months for being busy, and being too hot here where i live to play the game for fearing that my PS4 would melt! Lol...

I have been observing the forum and saw today that 3.0 had been released, so i thought 'what the hell' and downloaded the patch.....Well what a difference i can see with the game now.....So much better and polished!! Well done SMS!!! :D :D you boys and girls deserve a pat on the back, and a coconut for your efforts! Will be playing all this weekend, Great!!! :P :P :D

Well what can i say? Have been away and not played the game for a good 2 months for being busy, and being too hot here where i live to play the game for fearing that my PS4 would melt! Lol...

I have been observing the forum and saw today that 3.0 had been released, so i thought 'what the hell' and downloaded the patch.....Well what a difference i can see with the game now.....So much better and polished!! Well done SMS!!! :D :D you boys and girls deserve a pat on the back, and a coconut for your efforts! Will be playing all this weekend, Great!!! :P :P :D

Come and race with the CRAPpers over the weekend, we just finished an hours race with almost a full lobby.

the 3.0 update is a real game changer. The FFB is much better compare how it was before and and the servers is quicker too. Best update so far.

Video of the new rain effects. Merc. E190 at Willow Springs. Played on PS4.

Still not as good as Driveclub's rain effects but much better than before! :)

The streak marks left by the wiper seem to be incorrect though. Usually those appear directly under the pressure points. In other words, under the points where the arm's flexible parts attach to the actual wiper blade itself. Which doesn't seem to be the case here.

I'm also on the train to download the 2.9 gibby gibby gibby bytes .
132mb now , what a speed my train is from the prehistoric I think .

Cantona ,
1 Profile file is 1O.49 MB , only this should be deleted if I read correct .
2 no
3 no
4 no
Why delete profile?

I love the update but, I am still experiencing hitting invisable walls. A race at Cadwell started on a blank screen. After restarting three times the car started having a seizure near the pits, flipping in one place non stop. The car was ripping itself apart. We had a good laugh! I have it on video and will post later.

Back