Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by DrJustice, May 13, 2015.

1. Furi

Furi Premium

I prefer to listen to who have raced Clio's IRL... ;)

ozwheels and killerjimbag like this.
  2. FLX1981

FLX1981

Just because it has been changed to simulate the correct components now doesnt mean it will drive very differently all of a sudden. Its still a race car, so you will still be able to change its behaviour drastically with your setup.

ozwheels likes this.
  3. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

I respect your choice, but you do know that the new update would have been tested by Nic Hamilton as he is still a consultant for SMS. I doubt the new update would be applied without thorough tests. And my input was not dictating how the car should drive, I merely pointed the inconsistency of the car data against the official setup data used IRL ( Renault Sport as source ) and which most are locked/sealed IRL, from spring, damper, gear ratio, LSD ( except alignment for example ), Casey did more research and found the correct Mk4 data on his own.

Someone who have raced the Clio Mk3 and Mk4 IRL would surely pointed the differences too, as both have different aspirations, different suspension ( spring/damper ), different gear ratios, different LSD as well :) The only similarity is both has no rear ARB.

4. DrJustice

DrJustice

symo63, Crisis Nine, CHEN255 and 11 others like this.
  5. paulpg87

paulpg87

amazing update this 3.0
    realy outstanding.. finally the game is starting to sharply improve.
    Can't wait for the update while enjoying f1 2015

symo63 and ukfan758 like this.
  6. Formula1269

Formula1269 (Banned)

3.0 update is stunning. Well done SMS.:bowdown:

CHEN255 and ukfan758 like this.
  7. bleeder

bleeder

Some excellent updates there. Really impressed with the work put in. I didn't see a fix for the random T300 rotating to 10 o'clock bug that I get a lot when restarting races, but who knows, it might be gone anyway.
    Hope it rolls out soon.

8. ryandtw

ryandtw Premium

Version 3.0...I'm looking forward to it. No surprises, but especially the photomode on replays and switching cars...THAT'S WHAT WE REALLY NEED.

Also, the enhanced weather, setup and pit strategy systems...that's going to make the game even more interesting!

Although I would like to see timed races in Quick Race Weekend...and maybe the ability to choose which car classes to race instead of being fixed with prototypes-only, GT cars only, etc.

UKMikey likes this.
  9. ebelen92

ebelen92

Regarding the last three patches: is anyone still getting the flat tire bug after pitting with LMP1? If so, has anyone found a work around?

10. NLxAROSA

NLxAROSA Premium

Exactly, they are very different. I think it's important for a simulator to have the numbers right or, if that's not the case, allow you to change the numbers to the correct settings as you please. Up until 3.0 neither could be achieved, and now we get it out of the box. :cheers:

BTW, this is what Casey had to say after changing the settings:

Also take into account that this was probably a very easy thing to change, so it's not so strange quick wins like this are done faster while more difficult problems take some time.

EDIT: Oh, and really looking forward to getting that BMW 2002 Turbo. :D

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    F1Racer68 and Ridox2JZGTE like this.
  11. VBR

VBR Premium

No kick player option for host or text chat on PS4 yet. Looks like Sony won't be getting money from me for a PS Plus subscription just yet!

12. mister dog

mister dog (Banned)

Friends leaderboard is the big one for me. Makes TT a whole new ballgame.

13. TexasTyme214

TexasTyme214

This is the third bullet point, but it may only be for MP.

14. harrison1476

harrison1476

Good thing they got friends leaderboards, I care more about beating my friends then too 100 times :D I'm also interested to see the rain improvements, this is a great patch and PCars is moving in the right direction.

I know the rain part was literally just to compete with DC, and that is good. All of these car fixed and corner cutting fixed, etc. they really do care about making this a good, competing game :tup:

15. svenvangent

svenvangent

If project cars deliver what they promise with the new patch coming , I give them A 1000 :tup: up and take my hat off for them .

BUT :p...........Yes yes yes ... sadly the story do-sent stop here nopszz ..... they forgot one tinny winy little minie thing .
    Its a small detail and you can't even see it coming when it hits you , or when you drive with your car over it .
    Ollee ollee BANG skaboeoeoeoem , go see the doctooooooooor .

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    Football67611 and ozwheels like this.
  16. VBR

VBR Premium

Me too! Hope that they look as good as DRIVECLUB's rain effects. I'd also like to see a better rain drop effect for the cameras as well, they one we have at the moment is lacklustre.

17. TheElbows

TheElbows

Well, damn. That's a hell of a patch. I think the reality is pretty obvious - these are a lot of components originally intended for release, but with PCars delayed so many times, they eventually had to bite the bullet and just release it. I think some of these massive patches were always intended - coupled with added feedback.

Football67611 and McKiernan like this.
  18. Football67611

Football67611

I thought I was going crazy, when I completed a race on 12 laps in first place and made it to the finish line in first place on nothing but fumes. I then look at the race results and was DQ! Very happy to know this will be fixed. The racing in this game even with the bugs is amazing.

19. Hamiltonfan44

Hamiltonfan44

This morning my hud disappeared in nose cam.. Nothing did in the option screen that allows you to move elements and switch them on/off would work.

Is that a bug or have I pressed the wrong button or menu option ?

20. FLX1981

FLX1981

Thats a bug.

21. RacerPaul

RacerPaul

I haven't played pCARS for a couple of weeks. Looking forward to trying it again though, once this big patch hits

I was thinking earlier in terms of how I'd compare pCARS to FM5 and the upcoming FM6, using cars...

The Forza games are a BMW M5: Made by a huge company in a state of the art facility. Big, shiny, reliable and capable of a rapid turn of pace and capable of being exciting when pushed

pCARS is an old school TVR: Handmade by a bunch of enthusiasts in a shed, rough and ready. Highly exciting to drive when it works properly but doesn't work properly often enough

I'm glad that I have them both in my garage though, so I can choose which one to use, depending on my mood :D

22. ukfan758

ukfan758

I can't describe how happy I am that SMS is adding the ability to switch cars and photomode in replays!!!:D:D:D

mister dog, fortbo and gazelle like this.
  23. ozwheels

ozwheels

Any word on the Velcro infused body panels being fixed? If that is fixed there isn't much left to complain about. :tup:

24. azidahaka

azidahaka

Yeah, right now sticky cars are one of the major issues left.

fortbo likes this.
  25. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Wait a minute.... Text chat is not avaliable on ps4 yet, but on PC and Xbox one? Or you just forgot to mention the other two?

26. TT92

TT92 Premium

While I am generally very pleased with the list, especially the tyres there are a couple of glaring omissions of current bugs.

* PS4 Crashing regularly
    * PS4 Cars hitting invisible barriers and losing FF and tyre temp
    * PS4 career races locked and inaccessible
    * Being able to lock your default car's livery (rather than random) for all events
    * MP sessions lagging when players join or leave
    * Flags that work properly
    * Handbrakes that actually do something
    * Overly complicated FF settings (even looking at new implementations. I would have suggested a system based on Basic/Intermediate/Advanced - obviously what we have now is advanced and work back from there ;-)

Stuff that needs to be added:

* Kick function in multiplayer
    * Multiplayer free practice while waiting for event to start
    * Ability to change cars in MP once having joined track before race start
    * Lobby text chat
    * Lobby descriptions or comments
    * Ability to lock lobby to what type of tyre and wether tuning is permitted or not
    * Ability to use custom race numbers (0-99 mandatory, 0-999 preferable)
    * Ability to save more than one tune per car per track (i.e wet or dry set up, sprint/endurance)
    * Or as above but be able to have more than one car tuned differently
    * Community events being able to watch replays of top ghost laps (so we can see the cheating easier)
    * As above but being able to save that ghost replay and reload it later
    * As above being able to save/reload friends ghost replays
    * A map of career mode so people know what is ultimately involved
    * In career a description for what event is necessary to win before being able to unlock another event

27. azidahaka

azidahaka

Put a bit of strenght on what matter the most to me. :D

fortbo and VBR like this.
  28. Hamiltonfan44

Hamiltonfan44

When does the update go live on ps4?

29. NLxAROSA

NLxAROSA Premium

When it's approved by Sony.

30. Cole Brown

Cole Brown

I guess I'm going to bite the Bullet even though my T300 hasn't arrived. Can't be much worse than What I think of GT6 at this point.