Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
While I am generally very pleased with the list, especially the tyres there are a couple of glaring omissions of current bugs.

* PS4 Crashing regularly
* PS4 Cars hitting invisible barriers and losing FF and tyre temp
* PS4 career races locked and inaccessible
* Being able to lock your default car's livery (rather than random) for all events
* MP sessions lagging when players join or leave
* Flags that work properly
* Handbrakes that actually do something
* Overly complicated FF settings (even looking at new implementations. I would have suggested a system based on Basic/Intermediate/Advanced - obviously what we have now is advanced and work back from there ;-)

Stuff that needs to be added:

* Kick function in multiplayer
* Multiplayer free practice while waiting for event to start
* Ability to change cars in MP once having joined track before race start
* Lobby text chat
* Lobby descriptions or comments
* Ability to lock lobby to what type of tyre and wether tuning is permitted or not
* Ability to use custom race numbers (0-99 mandatory, 0-999 preferable)
* Ability to save more than one tune per car per track (i.e wet or dry set up, sprint/endurance)
* Or as above but be able to have more than one car tuned differently
* Community events being able to watch replays of top ghost laps (so we can see the cheating easier)
* As above but being able to save that ghost replay and reload it later
* As above being able to save/reload friends ghost replays
* A map of career mode so people know what is ultimately involved
* In career a description for what event is necessary to win before being able to unlock another event
This weekend for the first time I hit a invisible wall. I have put in a ton of time over 100 hours, but I have to say it was kind of a bummer as I was online in a series of races. Still loving though.

Ian mentioned they're gradually transitioning from patches that have their main focus on bugfixing to patches that contain more features (based on community popularity), so expect more of those in the future.

I've not had a crash on PS4. I've had one hang on the loading screen and one hang in the pits where it wouldn't drive out. But other than that I haven't had a lot of technical issues.

I would like them to add some retirements for the AI though. They never breakdown or retire through crashing out as far as I can see.

Looks good, was hoping for a bit news on AI though, and pit crews. Oh well, better than nothing!

I also think I recall them stating that pit crews were abandoned for PCars 1. That's a shame really. While the game is very good, the addition of pit crews, safety cars, etc. would be immensely more atmospheric/fun. I agree - if you have the settings to full damage, it'd be nice to see retired AI cars etc.

I also think I recall them stating that pit crews were abandoned for PCars 1.
Citation needed or it's just FUD. The latest response from Ian that I could find on the Project CARS forum explicitly says 'yes' when asked wether pit crews are still on. Full crews probably only for race cars, road cars will stick with one person.

Last edited:
I also think I recall them stating that pit crews were abandoned for PCars 1. That's a shame really. While the game is very good, the addition of pit crews, safety cars, etc. would be immensely more atmospheric/fun. I agree - if you have the settings to full damage, it'd be nice to see retired AI cars etc.
They abandoned safety cars not pit crews :D

I was referring to AI improvements in general (particularly on race start) more so than seeing them retire.

Some tracks still need a smoothing pass done too, Bathurst replays in particular look atrocious

That's great because pCARS was marketed as a racing sim, not a racing game.
Taking that to it's logical extreme then, can I assume you also want to drive to the grid, get out of the car, spend 20 minutes avoiding inane questions from journalists, get back in the car and do a green flag lap before you actually get to race?

Realism's great, but there's no way I want to spend 2 or 3 laps droning around behind a SC because some AI has had a crash.

Ok, so this is probably way out of topic, but it says, in "enhanced weather" - that they're implementing dynamic rivulets - what does that exactly mean.. Meaning they'll have a smaller "puddle" system like Forza 6?
1 thing I feel missing in pCARS is there's no major puddles or through smaller puddles there's no change in the way car handles or even a bit of sound fx.. I feel it would be really cool if they implemented it.. probably not as exaggerated as FM6, but some sort of hydroplaning "effect" would be nice.. May be dynamic rivulets probably mean something completely different? :P
anyone care to explain?

Taking that to it's logical extreme then, can I assume you also want to drive to the grid, get out of the car, spend 20 minutes avoiding inane questions from journalists, get back in the car and do a green flag lap before you actually get to race?

Realism's great, but there's no way I want to spend 2 or 3 laps droning around behind a SC because some AI has had a crash.

Well, I wouldn't complain if someone implemented those things in a racing game. :sly:

Nevertheless, safety cars should be in racing games nowadays, IMO. It is and has always been a major factor regarding the strategy and could change the outcome of a race drastically.

And driving behind the SC isn't that easy or boring. you have to keep your tire temperatures up, for example.

Lol, each to their own I guess :)

I wouldn't be too fussed if SC were implemented, so long as it's optional and I can turn it firmly and completely OFF...

Yep, the option to turn SC off and on would be the ideal solution.

Yes! I want to do all of that!!!!!!

However, we weren't told that we'd be getting all of that. We were told we'd have safety cars.

Rivulets are the moving water drops on your windscreen.
Oh! :( Sorry for being way off then :P

I find those FM6 puddles are a bit ridiculous, tracks have drainage systems just to avoid having standing water. You'd have to wait for red flag monsoon conditions to see this happening in real life.
I totally agree with you and, if you see read my post I did say not that extreme, but the thing is, I'm a professional rally driver (I know, I know, pCARS has nothing to do with Rallying), but as a huge track fanatic myself, I can only hope they implement things like small puddles and hydroplaning as it's just a thrill to drive over those, full speed, and the challenges that come with it..
P7CbO2v.jpg

Again, not to THIS extreme, but - the way the car behaves and the sounds along with it, give me goosebumps! :)

@sheruken did you sign up for PCARS 2 already over at WMD? As rally and rallycross are going to be included it seems like the perfect fit for you and you could help in the development process :)
LOL, no.. I haven't done that.. :P
I had no idea about Rally/Rallycross in pCARS2 . I highly doubt I have enough expertise to help in the "development process" as my only interest in dynamic rivulets is, it would be "fun" .. :P I don't think SMS wants such inputs ..

LOL, no.. I haven't done that.. :P
I had no idea about Rally/Rallycross in pCARS2 . I highly doubt I have enough expertise to help in the "development process" as my only interest in dynamic rivulets is, it would be "fun" .. :P I don't think SMS wants such inputs ..
Well if you're a professional rally driver, i guess you have more than enough dirt experience no? Anyhow it sounds like your cup of tea if you own a PC.

As for PS4 ,is there anyone who's gonna delete his Project Cars profile file with th new 3.0 patch ?
Or do you think that this is not necessary ?

Back