Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
This patch made a big difference, though: FFB preset classic = pre 1.4 FFB, means my T300 finally sings again and isnt just a huge lump of center spring! Joy oh joy! :cheers:
Took me ages to make ffb good again after update, now starting over again, yay.

I dont think anybody said 1 patch will fix all
I didn't said that either, but I didn't pay 60โ‚ฌ to beta test a game without even being notified.

What was that 2.0 about ? I barely noticed more differences than between 1.0 and 1.4...

youdamvp.jpg

Forget pCARS 2. It's all about these guys right now...

What about the ridiculous amount of invisible walls that have appeared after 2.0?
In may case (Thursday evening race)๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Hope they find the solution .

OK so the AI is wearing very thin on me,h here's hoping they continue to work on it in future patches?

There's almost no benefit in getting a good standing start because without fail half the grid will slam the breaks on in the first 100m and all dive to the center of the track. Very frustrating.

Just to be clear: Did they change the FFB itself and is it now different than it was before? Or did they just implement the option to have various FFB presets?

What about the ridiculous amount of invisible walls that have appeared after 2.0?
Hear! Hear! I have never seen a game crash as much as this ever and I mean both software wise as well as car wise with these invisible walls. I am really and truly over it.

My PS4 has sent soooooooo many crash reports to the Sony server I am starting to suspect they are having a secret affair ;-)

Strange. I've had the digital version of the game since day 1 on the PS4 and haven't had one game crash or hit any invisible walls. In fact, I haven't had most of the bugs I've seen reported on here. Nutty AI from time to time, yes. Menu saving issues, yes. Open wheel cars with brake lights, yes. But not much else to be honest.

After patch 2.0 I have had no Game crashes or freezes any more on PS4 ๐Ÿ‘ , I'm also on a digital version .
For the invisible walls.....mama mia ....... 4 times already .
Could it be that this happens only with the digital version and not with the CD version (would like to know this) ?

After patch 2.0 I have had no Game crashes or freezes any more on PS4 ๐Ÿ‘ , I'm also on a digital version .
For the invisible walls.....mama mia ....... 4 times already .
Could it be that this happens only with the digital version and not with the CD version (would like to know this) ?

MY PS4 is actually crashing more and there seem to be more invisible walls as well and I am on the CD version. The freezes do seem to be a lot less though. It's probably just crashing instead ;-)

MY PS4 is actually crashing more and there seem to be more invisible walls as well and I am on the CD version. The freezes do seem to be a lot less though. It's probably just crashing instead ;-)
Strange you don't think so TT92 how one PS4 play's/performer the game to another one !
Bizaaaar I would say .

Hmm...didn't know 2.5 was there. Maybe because of the Steam auto-update feature? At least I've got that Audi A1...

i spent more time setting the wheel than actually playing the game ehehe.. now another updated impacting the wheel. I did more wheel calibrations in 2 months of project cars than in 6 years of being a wheel owner

However they also need to fix invitational events, 175 laps, 2& 4championship can't be unlocked.

Sure. Then you'd wait months for the patch and everyone would be whining that it's taking so long.
But at least it would be fixed once and for all instead of dully hoping each patch will improve things.
I'm starting to see a pattern here, there are bugs, then there's a patch, after what there are still as many bugs then another patch is announced... I barely see the difference with waiting for a big fix.

But at least it would be fixed once and for all instead of dully hoping each patch will improve things.
I'm starting to see a pattern here, there are bugs, then there's a patch, after what there are still as many bugs then another patch is announced... I barely see the difference with waiting for a big fix.

I see you complaining a lot around here and receiving a lot of bugs while most of the players feel that the game is getting better and better (I'm not saying everything is fine!). Either you are just unlucky and you have an extra buggy version or you are just complaining more than the rest ;)
I for example never had a pit stop bug (neither on PC nor on PS4) but I had lots of issues with my FFB (only on PS4). So the bugs aren't even consistent through all versions :D

They do a good job so far, and if you ever debugged a (big) software you might know this one:

99 little bugs in the code
Take one down, patch it around
127 little bugs in the code

It's takes so much more time to fix a bug than to find one

I see you complaining a lot around here and receiving a lot of bugs while most of the players feel that the game is getting better and better (I'm not saying everything is fine!). Either you are just unlucky and you have an extra buggy version or you are just complaining more than the rest ;)
I for example never had a pit stop bug (neither on PC nor on PS4) but I had lots of issues with my FFB (only on PS4). So the bugs aren't even consistent through all versions :D

They do a good job so far, and if you ever debugged a (big) software you might know this one:

Take one down, patch it around
127 little bugs in the code

It's takes so much more time to fix a bug than to find one

Well personally I think he has a fair point. This game is the buggiest piece of code I have ever encountered.

I have a degree in Software Engineering and 15 years experience designing, implementing and debugging commercial simulators & optimisers.

In my opinion there is something very wrong with their development methodology for them to have released with this many non-trivial bugs.

I have been playing for 72 hours and not yet had a bug free race.

Since patch 1.4 when a new patch is released I update, and play it until I hit a bug. That's been 1 race per patch so far. :(

I would love this game with such passion, if it worked.

Strange you don't think so TT92 how one PS4 play's/performer the game to another one !
Bizaaaar I would say .
I put it down to the fact I have nearly finished the career mode (5 races left) and am running events that are way down the track (excuse the pun) from nearly everyone else and so these have not been tested very well. Add to that I have now over 250 hours on the game I have had a lot of time to have a lot more issues. It's a theory at least anyway.

my ps4 never crashed, i'm reading everywhere you are having tons of problems, bugs, DLC not working (which scares me), crashes etc.

Are you sure there is not something wrong with your copy or your ps4 cause i'm hardly finding any issue after the latest patch except for the fact i have to actually download the patch and set the wheel again which is really annoying.

One issue i'm finding, not game breaking, is that sometimes i get "invalidated lap time" while being in the middle of the track..

However i agree in general on the fact that having to waste so much time to play properly (patches, settings etc) is really incredible.. i'm still trying to figure out what the hell have been tested by the WMD guys. I think they should have proper testing and not only guys getting enthusiast about lapping alone in time trial.

Testing the guys at WDM were just busy taking videos :D You know you get lots of visualization that you can monetize :P Also it was admitted by many that they didn't test the career to not spoil it >_> I guess this is how the wetness bug and the fixed weather in all race in career managed to slip through...

Back