Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
You talk about simulation correct?
Would you like to elaborate how you simulate driving a car with a controller in a video game,compared to a wheel in real life?You talk about real correct data etc,but you use a pair of sticks to replicate a steering wheel and whatever you use for throttle, clutch and brake? Hardly replicating real world dont ya think?So your seat time in the "real"Evo was how long? I own a 71 Chevelle in my real world,GT6 is not even close nor is anyones" replica".
Having put about 30000 miles of seat time in it,I can speak from real driving experience. There is no video game that will replicate putting your arse in the seat,strapping on the belts and turning the key. Unless of course you happen to be lucky enough to be a test driver for a race team with a $500000 "simulator" which includes a wheel,pedals and shifter.:cheers:

125782.jpg

Someone was going to say it :lol:

Yeah it was a massive hit :lol:

Edit: Apparently the idea was good enough for some other people to try it. **** knows why lol.
r129-sl-joystick-prototype-638x640.jpg

images

You talk about simulation correct?
Would you like to elaborate how you simulate driving a car with a controller in a video game,compared to a wheel in real life?You talk about real correct data etc,but you use a pair of sticks to replicate a steering wheel and whatever you use for throttle, clutch and brake? So your seat time in the "real"Evo was how long? I own a 71 Chevelle in my real world,GT6 is not even close nor is anyones" replica".
Having put about 30000 miles of seat time in it,I can speak from real driving experience. There is no video game that will replicate putting your arse in the seat,strapping on the belts and turning the key. Unless of course you happen to be lucky enough to be a test driver for a race team with a $500000 "simulator" which includes a wheel,pedals and shifter.:cheers:

Yeah, I understand your point, and what is the point of playing a sim when the car that you drive in the game is not built with the correct data it supposed to simulate ? These are totally different matter, the fidelity of simulator ( user interaction and output ) and the object data accuracy, both are important. What's being used to play, wheel or controller will still give same result, same car, same final gear, same springs, same caster, if the car sluggish in acceleration, it will be with a wheel and controller, if it it's unstable trail braking, it will be with a wheel and controller. The advantage of a wheel is FFB and immersion of turning the wheel and pressing the pedals.

This way of thinking is good for sims ( pursuing as accurate as possible car data ), as it will keep devs to stick with great accuracy of car data, at least it will be priority, not just the tire model or how many more calculation being done. Those cutting edge calculation are meaningless when the data input ( car, tire, track surface etc ) is not accurate.

If someone made a mod of your 71 Chevelle in Pcars after a request, then he screw up by fitting a much lower final drive and higher caster as well as much stiffer spring rate, don't you want him to get it right ? So you can sort of virtually drive your own car, not 100% equal to real, but wouldn't the correct final drive, caster and springs like you had on your car would be much better for you ? or you just didn't care as long as it drives good enough for you ?

Also, why are you having this reaction of someone trying to get the cars having the right data ? It's for the good of the game, and are you suggesting that If I were to play Pcars with a wheel I would be treated differently ?

I too wanted a wheel, but my room is packed with stuff and having a wheel is troublesome, my dog likes to run around :lol:

Yeah it was a massive hit :lol:

Edit: Apparently the idea was good enough for some other people to try it. **** knows why lol.
r129-sl-joystick-prototype-638x640.jpg

images
Well the 65 Impala in my profile pic has standard steering,standard drum brakes and a 3 speed on the column.
It is nice to drive,but man what a pig to stop.
Not sure who the hell would even want to drive that.

Yeah, I understand your point, and what is the point of playing a sim when the car that you drive in the game is not built with the correct data it supposed to simulate ? These are totally different matter, the fidelity of simulator ( user interaction and output ) and the object data accuracy, both are important. What's being used to play, wheel or controller will still give same result, same car, same final gear, same springs, same caster, if the car sluggish in acceleration, it will be with a wheel and controller, if it it's unstable trail braking, it will be with a wheel and controller. The advantage of a wheel is FFB and immersion of turning the wheel and pressing the pedals.

This way of thinking is good for sims ( pursuing as accurate as possible car data ), as it will keep devs to stick with great accuracy of car data, at least it will be priority, not just the tire model or how many more calculation being done. Those cutting edge calculation are meaningless when the data input ( car, tire, track surface etc ) is not accurate.

If someone made a mod of your 71 Chevelle in Pcars after a request, then he screw up by fitting a much lower final drive and higher caster as well as much stiffer spring rate, don't you want him to get it right ? So you can sort of virtually drive your own car, not 100% equal to real, but wouldn't the correct final drive, caster and springs like you had on your car would be much better for you ? or you just didn't care as long as it drives good enough for you ?

Also, why are you having this reaction of someone trying to get the cars having the right data ? It's for the good of the game, and are you suggesting that If I were to play Pcars with a wheel I would be treated differently ?

I too wanted a wheel, but my room is packed with stuff and having a wheel is troublesome, my dog likes to run around :lol:

Well the 65 Impala in my profile pic has standard steering,standard drum brakes and a 3 speed on the column.

I have posted an Evo X FQ400 setup on the Pcars setup database, it has been fine tuned a bit with the help of test driver, a member here who have Pcars. It has received 2 ratings so far :) It's still not ideal, with spring rate, ARB, caster and final drive still inaccurate but it's the best I could do ( closest value possible ) I used my short play time experience as a base to built the blind setup ( I never driven the setup ), only used a test driver feedback. There are some other cars posted, like 1M, 190E Evo, R8, 90 IMSA GTO, and McLaren F1, these are not guarantee great cars, blind setup :lol:

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/160377027

There is a huge difference between PCars with a wheel,compared to a controller. Since you cannot set correct castor angles in GT6,your replicas are wrong, correct? I'm not going to even go down that path again.
Let's get something correct, these are video games,there is nothing that is real about them. Correct data is nice,it doesn't mean it gives the best ride. My Chevelle and Impala both came with Bias ply crap tires and14 inch steelwheels. Now they ride on 15 inch aluminum wheels and radials. Not correct data anymore,but way better handling. So is that wrong? Hell no.

I have posted an Evo X FQ400 setup on the Pcars setup database, it has been fine tuned a bit with the help of test driver, a member here who have Pcars. It has received 2 ratings so far :) It's still not ideal, with spring rate, ARB, caster and final drive still inaccurate but it's the best I could do ( closest value possible ) I used my short play time experience as a base to built the blind setup ( I never driven the setup ), only used a test driver feedback. There are some other cars posted, like 1M, 190E Evo, R8, 90 IMSA GTO, and McLaren F1, these are not guarantee great cars, blind setup :lol:

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/160377027
So lets understand this,you have test drivers Like Nick Hamilton giving his suggestions for whatever car he tested for PCars. He says he want's x,y,z for the setup because it makes it easier to drive for us regular stiffs like you and me. So because its not correct to your data its wrong? Uhm is all your data correct,or did someone give you incorrect data. Because everything on the internet is true.:gtpflag:

There is a huge difference between PCars with a wheel,compared to a controller. Since you cannot set correct castor angles in GT6,your replicas are wrong, correct? I'm not going to even go down that path again.
Let's get something correct, these are video games,there is nothing that is real about them. Correct data is nice,it doesn't mean it gives the best ride. My Chevelle and Impala both came with Bias ply crap tires and14 inch steelwheels. Now they ride on 15 inch aluminum wheels and radials. Not correct data anymore,but way better handling. So is that wrong? Hell no.

I respect your opinion, if you feel that way, good for you :) I only tried the best within limitation in GT6, I have been ridiculed about my replicas many times, but it's fine, they are not 100% correct, but at least I tried to get close even with locked or unreachable value. Most of my work is to highlight PD errors in car data hoping they will notice and make effort to rectify them in next GT. I wanted better sim, but many do not like me in the process.

Pcars FQ400 also has the caster locked, as well as final drive, so putting the right range of value is not possible. Again, these are games, some people have more expectation, some don't really care at all. What is exactly your problem with me ?

So lets understand this,you have test drivers Like Nick Hamilton giving his suggestions for whatever car he tested for PCars. He says he want's x,y,z for the setup because it makes it easier to drive for us regular stiffs like you and me. So because its not correct to your data its wrong? Uhm is all your data correct,or did someone give you incorrect data. Because everything on the internet is true.:gtpflag:

I used data from Mitsubishi workshop manual for final drive, caster, steering ratio. I even had to showed the pages to Casey Ringley ( physics lead ) before he acknowledged the wrong final drive, as they thought they were right all this time. While spring rate and ARB rate are straight from Eibach ( FQ400 uses Eibach Pro Kit - same part number used by Mitsubishi, as FQ400 is tuned car by factory which already used Eibach springs on OEM Evo X springs ) and OEM sway bar are tested and documented by Eibach. Just to be sure, I get in touch with my mate who owned the Evo X before, and also check with several FQ400 owners in other forum about the caster, springs and ARB. The FQ400 also have 8000rpm revlimit :)

If you read Pcars Consultant report, Nic made a custom tune for the FQ400 which he deem good for him and it's used as stock setup in Pcars. That's how SMS got some inaccurate data on the FQ400. I'm not sure that nic has driven the real FQ400, he didn't even notice the gearing is off as the final is too low at 4.062 on a 5 speed MT Evo X. The correct 4.687 is very noticeable when driven ( if have driven the real car )

My only wish is before they are passing the cars to test drivers like Nic make sure the car's data are correct, and lock them ( caster, springs, ARB, gears, steering ratio, ride height ) as these are mostly not adjustable on the real stock condition car. Fine tune the tire, chassis ( COG ), dampers ( if real data not available, or adjust within OEM spec range damping ) then go from there. I'm sure if the physics engine is great, the car model is great ( dimensions, attachments, physics parameter ), the car will drive as it should.

From what I remember of reading the report, the pcars FQ400 suffers in some degree from tendency of too much lift off oversteer, which Nic had to make changes to lessened it.

Last edited:

I wish someone at SMS would do even a half decent representation of my car, as PD made a right mess of it in GT6 lol.

I'd like to try out one of those joystick cars, I reckon it'd be so weird it'd be kind of fun.

I respect your opinion, if you feel that way, good for you :) I only tried the best within limitation in GT6, I have been ridiculed about my replicas many times, but it's fine, they are not 100% correct, but at least I tried to get close even with locked or unreachable value. Most of my work is to highlight PD errors in car data hoping they will notice and make effort to rectify them in next GT. I wanted better sim, but many do not like me in the process.

Pcars FQ400 also has the caster locked, as well as final drive, so putting the right range of value is not possible. Again, these are games, some people have more expectation, some don't really care at all. What is exactly your problem with me ?

I used data from Mitsubishi workshop manual for final drive, caster, steering ratio. I even had to showed the pages to Casey Ringley ( physics lead ) before he acknowledged the wrong final drive, as they thought they were right all this time. While spring rate and ARB rate are straight from Eibach ( FQ400 uses Eibach Pro Kit - same part number used by Mitsubishi, as FQ400 is tuned car by factory ) and OEM sway bar are tested and documented by Eibach. Just to be sure, I get in touch with my mate who owned the Evo X before, and also check with several FQ400 owners in other forum about the caster, springs and ARB. The FQ400 also have 8000rpm revlimit :)

If you read Pcars Consultant report, Nic made a custom tune for the FQ400 which he deem good for him and it's used as stock setup in Pcars. That's how SMS got some inaccurate data on the FQ400. I'm not sure that nic has driven the real FQ400, he didn't even notice the gearing is off as the final is too low at 4.062 on a 5 speed MT Evo X. The correct 4.687 is very noticeable when driven ( if have driven the real car )

My only wish is before they are passing the cars to test drivers like Nic make sure the car's data are correct, and lock them ( caster, springs, ARB, gears, steering ratio, ride height ) as these are mostly not adjustable on the real stock condition car. Fine tune the tire, chassis ( COG ), dampers ( if real data not available, or adjust within OEM spec range damping ) then go from there. I'm sure if the physics engine is great, the car model is great ( dimensions, attachments, physics parameter ), the car will drive as it should.
I have no problem with you or your Replicas. To each his own,most devs will not even listen to their fans,at least SMS does.

I wish someone at SMS would do even a half decent representation of my car, as PD made a right mess of it in GT6 lol.

I'd like to try out one of those joystick cars, I reckon it'd be so weird it'd be kind of fun.
I haven't played GT6 for almost 6 months,if anyone should be upset about a game, GT6/Sony/PD should be giving out free copies of GT7.

I haven't either mate, but mostly due to GT6 killing my ps3 lol. I wasn't laughing at the time, but now I've got a ps4 with more good games than I have time to play, I'm ok with it. :D

I have no problem with you or your Replicas. To each his own,most devs will not even listen to their fans,at least SMS does.

I would kill if PD will listen or at least look at my replica garage effort, and do something to fix all of the cars :lol: For SMS, I will gladly help if I have the data for any other cars in the future :) I have been meaning to build a Miura in GT6 as I have collected a lot of good accurate data on the car, the spring rate was very very hard to find and confirm :lol:, but my tv is dead ( not for long ) :( These data are important, who knows we will have lambos in PCars 2 :D

Question to all G27 users out there: How is your wheel after Patch 2.5? Mine became much worse now than it was before. The wheel is going crazy and shaking from left to right in a self-destructive manner as well as clipping endlessly. To make it drivable again I had to turn the FFB Master Scale in the car setup menu down to 6. Now with such a low value, it feels very light and nowhere near as good as it was before the patch.

Question to all G27 users out there: How is your wheel after Patch 2.5? Mine became much worse now than it was before. The wheel is going crazy and shaking from left to right in a self-destructive manner as well as clipping endlessly. To make it drivable again I had to turn the FFB Master Scale in the car setup menu down to 6. Now with such a low value, it feels very light and nowhere near as good as it was before the patch.

It's really great with my G25. I reseted all values, I went in the FFB Calibration and put the preset to "classic".

It's really great with my G25. I reseted all values, I went in the FFB Calibration and put the preset to "classic".

Even after resetting everything and using nothing but default settings in both the car setup menu and FFB configuration it is still way too heavy for my wheel. I don't know what they changed in the new update or if this is a bug. But i really hope the devs fix it in the upcoming patch. My wheel felt really great before.

Even after resetting everything and using nothing but default settings in both the car setup menu and FFB configuration it is still way too heavy for my wheel. I don't know what they changed in the new update or if this is a bug. But i really hope the devs fix it in the upcoming patch. My wheel felt really great before.

The default preset is clipping, the classic preset isn't and feel great.

The default preset is clipping, the classic preset isn't and feel great.

Indeed, using the classic settings is the solution. No clipping, no rattling, just a wheel working as it should. Thank you!
Luckily no need to delete the profile now as FuriousDemon suggested. :)

Last edited:
Talking about patches, did they address the "sticky cars upon contact" bug in version 2.5? I'm on ps4 and i can't check...

It makes online close racing a real issue since what would be a light scrape of 2 cars make then move as a train...

Oh god is this still a thing? All the way back from Shift...

And has the Xbox One version been fixed so that it actually works yet?

Talking about patches, did they address the "sticky cars upon contact" bug in version 2.5? I'm on ps4 and i can't check...

It makes online close racing a real issue since what would be a light scrape of 2 cars make then move as a train...

Last I check on PS4 it was still an issue...

Preliminary 3.0 patch notes are released. Prepare to be floored, its really got a whole damn lot of requested stuff in it:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...Patch-3-0-Release-notes&p=1076329#post1076329

New & Enhanced Feature Summary

* New – Friends Leaderboards – players can now toggle between viewing ‘ALL’ and ‘FRIENDS ONLY’ on the leaderboards screen.
* New – Multiplayer Spectate Mode – players can now choose to ‘Retire to Pit Box’ during a race, and then spectate the ongoing race.
* Enhanced MP vehicle grouping – online races now use real-world vehicle classes. This results in far better vehicle performance matching for online races.
* New – Xbox One – added an Online Browse feature whereby the player can browse for specific lobbies.
* Enhanced Setup and Pit Strategy system – players are now provided with information regarding current and upcoming weather, remaining session duration, current track temperatures, and more.
* Enhanced HUD and Telemetry tyre info system – players can now see in real time which tyre compounds they are currently using, what each tyre’s pressure is, and how much each tyre is worn.
* Enhanced Cut Track detection system – the system used to detect cut tracks is now far more accurate and 'fair'.
* DLC Career Contract support – the game now supports the addition of career contracts for new DLC vehicles so that players can use applicable cars in their core career series.
* Enhanced Replay system – players can now access Photo Mode from within a replay, and can switch between cars during a replay.
* New – Force Feedback – implemented the ability via menu sliders for the user to manually tweak the menu spring strength, stationary / low speed spring strength, and overall steering gain.
* New – the Force Feedback Calibration screen now features a multiple force feedback profile selection system whereby the user can select a base FFB style that suits personal preference, and then tweak it further as desired.
* Enhanced Weather system – all vehicles are updated with new window rain effects, featuring dynamic rivulets, much more realistic looking water drops, and wiper blade trail effects.

* Renault Clio Cup – updated suspension tuning and gear ratios to match exactly with correct reference data for the X98CUP Mk.4 car.

Looks like Clio will get the proper setup :) Glad my input was useful and Casey was nice too, credits to @NLxAROSA being the middle man :) Still waiting to see if the FQ400 will get the fix :P Glad to help more if needed ( if i have the docs or data )

* Renault Clio Cup – updated suspension tuning and gear ratios to match exactly with correct reference data for the X98CUP Mk.4 car.

Looks like Clio will get the proper setup :) Glad my input was useful and Casey was nice too, credits to @NLxAROSA being the middle man :) Still waiting to see if the FQ400 will get the fix :P Glad to help more if needed ( if i have the docs or data )

Very odd choice of car to update. It already drives just like it does IRL.

Very odd choice of car to update. It already drives just like it does IRL.

Better wait till you drive the update in 3.0 :) The Mk3 car and Mk4 uses very different spring/damper setup. The current Clio now uses Mk3 springs ( from different car generation ), the update should give it the correct spring setup as used in Mk4 cars IRL. Obviously, Casey and ultimately SMS decision to update is after careful thought, I only give Casey some infos and pointers about the Mk4, he got the Mk4 correct data on his own before I gave it to him, and he decided to follow through his findings.

Back