Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
I don't think SMS understand the problem with track boundaries. The patch did change it, but now you just get 5 or 15 second penalties when you use runoff areas extensively. However there is still places at every track where you can put 4 wheels over the white lines and your lap will still count. I don't understand why it can't be, if you have 4 wheels over the white line even by an inch then your lap is invalidated, it can't be that hard. The problem was never time penalties, it was dirty laps being counts as clean laps. That is still the problem.

I don't think SMS understand the problem with track boundaries. The patch did change it, but now you just get 5 or 15 second penalties when you use runoff areas extensively. However there is still places at every track where you can put 4 wheels over the white lines and your lap will still count. I don't understand why it can't be, if you have 4 wheels over the white line even by an inch then your lap is invalidated, it can't be that hard. The problem was never time penalties, it was dirty laps being counts as clean laps. That is still the problem.
Not every track was fixed

Not every track was fixed
Have you tested a track that was fixed? Catalunya, you can still put 4 wheels on the inside curbing at final chicane. Silverstone, you can still use green stuff on exit of 9 and lap will still count. Brands 2nd corner hairpin, it's not consistent but you can run in the grass on exit after curbing stops and on turn 3 you can abuse the grate in the grass like crazy. I mean like 3 to 4 feet on it and it still counts the lap.

Have you tested a track that was fixed? Catalunya, you can still put 4 wheels on the inside curbing at final chicane. Silverstone, you can still use green stuff on exit of 9 and lap will still count. Brands 2nd corner hairpin, it's not consistent but you can run in the grass on exit after curbing stops and on turn 3 you can abuse the grate in the grass like crazy. I mean like 3 to 4 feet on it and it still counts the lap.
I guess if you look hard enough you can find them , that how it all starts

I guess if you look hard enough you can find them , that how it all starts
It has nothing to do with looking hard. It is a basic problem. If you put 4 wheels over the line your lap is invalidated, it's that simple.

Only tried Spa for now and the changes are ok. From what I've noticed laps are invalidated at Eau rouge for both cutting on the left or running wide on exit; and running wide at Pouhon. It wasn't the case before for both and you could gain a lot of time illegally.

Probably they are still tweaking it and each patch will bring or fix this. I hope.

Only tried Spa for now and the changes are ok. From what I've noticed laps are invalidated at Eau rouge for both cutting on the left or running wide on exit; and running wide at Pouhon. It wasn't the case before for both and you could gain a lot of time illegally.

Probably they are still tweaking it and each patch will bring or fix this. I hope.
Thanks for sharing, I'll try Spa. Does it give you a time penalty or a lap invalidation?

Thanks for sharing, I'll try Spa. Does it give you a time penalty or a lap invalidation?
Lap time invalidation is systematic but warning depends on the gain you make, if you lift off enough you get away with just a lap invalidation.

Edit: it was offline so I don't know how time penalties are handled.

It has nothing to do with looking hard. It is a basic problem. If you put 4 wheels over the line your lap is invalidated, it's that simple.

This isn't always true as sometimes you will get away with it if they meaning the race director doesn't deem it to be gaining an advantage . This is quite often seen in F1 on certain tracks , obviously we all know that you wouldn't be doing it if there was no time advantage to be gained.

This isn't always true as sometimes you will get away with it if they meaning the race director doesn't deem it to be gaining an advantage . This is quite often seen in F1 on certain tracks , obviously we all know that you wouldn't be doing it if there was no time advantage to be gained.
I don't know if they can code the track so that it knows if you gained an advantage or not. I would rather have a lap invalidated if you cross the white line no matter what opposed to what we have now.

On another note the wheel bug that used to be referred to as the white line bug is still in the game. Now the white line is gone but the vibration is still there. It seems like it's more common after 2.0 than it was after 1.4.

1:Bump STOP issue setup has fixed .👍
2: DS4/gamepad still not working together with my wheel T300 RS .
3: AI at Catalunya slow at 100% and monotonous/boring .

Edit:In fact ,I don't really care anymore...it is what it is.....so be it .

Last edited:
I don't know if they can code the track so that it knows if you gained an advantage or not. I would rather have a lap invalidated if you cross the white line no matter what opposed to what we have now.

On another note the wheel bug that used to be referred to as the white line bug is still in the game. Now the white line is gone but the vibration is still there. It seems like it's more common after 2.0 than it was after 1.4.
Grid Autosport used track cutting penalties that were relative to the time lost and it worked quite well IMO. There's a difference of course between track cut penalties that apply while racing, and track limits invalidating a lap time in TT mode. You can do both quite easily as in the GT series.

Grid Autosport used track cutting penalties that were relative to the time lost and it worked quite well IMO. There's a difference of course between track cut penalties that apply while racing, and track limits invalidating a lap time in TT mode. You can do both quite easily as in the GT series.
Racing in this game would be unparalleled if they added penalties like that and fixed the awful collision system.

Anybody else not able to add practice/qualifying/warmup to online lobbys? All the options are locked for me.

I could have sworn the PS4 patch was released like two weeks ago. Getting lost in all this release notes nonsense.

I'm sure I read on the official forum that they were working on a system where it does work out whether you gained any time from a track excursion and adjusting penalties based on that.

As for some tracks still allowing four wheels off track, I think it was Doug over there that said where there is a corner that in real life is often used to run wide then they'll allow it. Obviously if people take the mickey and gain time from it then they'll be penalised but otherwise they'll allow it as it's allowed in real life using common sense.

For me, the bug consisting in the fact that the steering wheel ( t500 ) becomes crazy in passing near the entry of the pit lane has disappeared with 2.0

Since 2.0 I have a new bug, at Mt Panorama I have some weird black shades in my mirrors at some spots on the circuit, sometime recovering the whole mirror.

I'm starting to believe this game will never be fixed...

Since 2.0 I have a new bug, at Mt Panorama I have some weird black shades in my mirrors at some spots on the circuit, sometime recovering the whole mirror.

I'm starting to believe this game will never be fixed...

Yep, I can confirm that. Not sure, though, if the bug has been there already from the beginning or just since 2.0 came out.

Yep, I can confirm that. Not sure, though, if the bug has been there already from the beginning or just since 2.0 came out.
All I can say is I'm 100% sure I never had it on my side before.

Edit: Also, didn't check the patch log after the release but the engine overheating problem caused by minor aero damage isn't fixed at all.

Last edited:
Did notice a lot more of the "cut track" and "laptime invalidated" notifications. And the AI is getting better.

Any Xbox One players feeling frustrated the patch has not been released for their platform yet??? Please vote for faster patch certification at: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251647-gaming-achievements/suggestions/6836619-patch-certification

Thanks!
Right so...you do realize that there is no order right? You guys got the patch 2nd after PC last time...GET OVER IT. PS4 and Xbone are two completely different consoles, there is no way for identical patches when they are fixing Xbone and PS4 issues.

You'd have thought they got the DLC a month after everyone else.

Latest Posts

Back