Patience poll

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 212 comments

How much patience do you have left for an update?

• 0 - no patience remaining.

Votes: 155 28.7%

Votes: 80 14.8%

Votes: 64 11.9%

Votes: 64 11.9%

Votes: 58 10.7%
  • 5 - I don't care when the next update is released.

Votes: 119 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Invite a friend to play? Of course. In GT6 you can now find the rooms with your PSN friends.
Not glitch free? Agree, but glitches dont happen that often.
Not user friendly? Meh... Its not complicated. I think the problem is that players dont want to learn anything, they want everything to be extremely easy and extremely simple... Sometimes you need a little bit of time to learn how things work.
Seeing which rooms your friends are in isn't an invite. No one said it isn't extremely easy and simple..that's the problem, it's extremely easy and simplistic. This is 2014 not 1998, the tools, the technology, the game design has evolved. We should be able to sort through a few parameters and find what we're looking for. I should be able to hit the PS button, see who's online and send them all an invite with a link that takes them directly to that room. These things have been standard in many games for many years. Instead it's just a giant crap shoot where you look through every room in your region or the world hoping the person who created the room made a room title that makes sense and is actually what they are doing in the room at that time. People are busy, they have family, school, jobs, lots of things that demand time, it's PD's job to make it as efficient to play the game as possible, and it's anything but for online at this point.

Seeing which rooms your friends are in isn't an invite. No one said it isn't extremely easy and simple..that's the problem, it's extremely easy and simplistic. This is 2014 not 1998, the tools, the technology, the game design has evolved. We should be able to sort through a few parameters and find what we're looking for. I should be able to hit the PS button, see who's online and send them all an invite with a link that takes them directly to that room. These things have been standard in many games for many years. Instead it's just a giant crap shoot where you look through every room in your region or the world hoping the person who created the room made a room title that makes sense and is actually what they are doing in the room at that time. People are busy, they have family, school, jobs, lots of things that demand time, it's PD's job to make it as efficient to play the game as possible, and it's anything but for online at this point.
You simply proved my point... some people want everything to be so easy that a 4 years old child can do it. Use a bit of your brain to understand how stuff works, it wont hurt... and once you learn it, you realise that its not hard.
GT6 online is good, what it lacks is more seach filters in the online room list, and of course sort out the glitches, but other than that its good to me. Once they implement car class + performance restrictions together, it will be far better than the GT5 one.

I voted the don't care option, I bought GT6 without reading into any of the features it was supposed to offer simply because I've had an amazing experience with all of the previous games
Same here, actually. I pretty much boycotted the news on GT6 till I got the game, so I could experience the whole thing like I did with the early GTs. I think the intranets really hurt that initial wonder of diving head first into a game without knowing all that much about it.

I'd rather they spend the time they need to make sure the update is all working correctly than releasing an update full of bugs, it would be nice if they communicated with us some more but as it is I'll just be pleasantly surprised when the update arrives.
Same here, really. I voted 4 because I will occasionally want to see Race Mod return, and hopefully a Livery Editor with it, along with a few other goodies like the legacy GT tracks as DLC. But then I hop in, race, and think, "Ehh... I can wait until things are gold."

Another thing is that people have been making such a fuss about P CARS and Assetto Corsa that I noticed AC is for sale on Steam this weekend. Spending $27 for a beta that gets you the full game for free doesn't sound like a bad deal. Still, it's a PC sim, so we'll see how well that works out. Sorry, unfinished PC sim. ;)

"I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days and the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days and the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in then evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it."

HAHAHA the jerk. I love that movie and that part is one of if not the funniest parts in the movie. Nice. :lol:

You simply proved my point... some people want everything to be so easy that a 4 years old child can do it. Use a bit of your brain to understand how stuff works, it wont hurt... and once you learn it, you realise that its not hard.
GT6 online is good, what it lacks is more seach filters in the online room list, and of course sort out the glitches, but other than that its good to me. Once they implement car class + performance restrictions together, it will be far better than the GT5 one.
Some people are happy with 10 year old game design..obviously you are. Obviously most people aren't because online is pretty barren.

I'm sure there's a reason why PD is going to add "Quick Match" in an update. So finding what you want isn't such a pain in the rear.

I voted 2. Frustration is certainly growing, but I'm trying to force myself to remain patient. That being said, if this pattern of failed and unmet promises continues I can see myself hitting zero in the not too distant future. They've fooled me once with the update that never was last month. Shame on them. Fool me twice.......................

Always a 5.

Guess, for me, I dont like talking for everyone else like some generalized posts I have read. By the sounds of it being this stressed out about something so minute seems unhealthy.

I focus my patience with real life matters like 2 kids, a wife, and running a business...but if I were back in my earlier days I still would vote 5.

Just raced online took me five minutes to find a room 400-600 street sport tires no aids, raced 3 clean races met 4 new guys and had 0 issues. I must be lucky!

Let's see here... Just for summary;

December - 2 large updates and community. It was also fair to assume other coming soon features might happen as well.

1 large "day 1" patch (to be expected with most games these days) A couple small patches and 2 cars, one VGT and an M4. And the Jr X challenge event with more expected Jan 1.

January - those 2 large updates and even more fair to assume coming soon features. And the new x events.

A small patch, no X events another VGT car that is just a modified version of the existing one, and a fantasy car. And a promise of a new fantasy track in February.

February - still waiting for a proper update with features and the track previously announced.

A small patch... But the X events materialized.

March - nothing previously expected but a hint of a new VGT BMW. And the leading window appears to have passed... March isn't over but let's review...

To date, not a single expectation has been met. Yes a few tokens have appeared that Sony like to think constitutes supporting the game but really they are just marketing. The leading auto shows are behind us, the best opportunities for vgt's to be released are past...

And right now, we have one tiny nugget of hope, a planned server update...

Time keeps passing like water under a bridge and not a single expectation, assumption, or fleeting hope materialized let alone acknowledged.

I can honestly say, as an insider and outsider, this is the worst, most incompetent, and inept situation I've experienced. Is there worse? Not when you look at where those worse examples are in the same amount of time post launch...

I'm not sure if there is anything PD can do at this point, least they are hoping for some kind of Stockholm syndrome. It's reaching a point where frustration supersedes any return.

Pure vent and negativity I know, but I'm not just sitting here embarrassed for PD, I'm actually shocked... If I didn't know better, I might think Kaz is using GT 6 as an example to Sony as to what happens when you force ship a product without a solid follow up plan... It's something no business person would do, but an artist/designer on the other hand would.

Last edited:
Please, enlighten me to how my analogy was bad with your almighty wisdom. :bowdown:
You compare a video game developer who sells software to fridges and real cars. How about comparing a video game developer to other game developers or any type of software developers. Software content is announced, doesn't always arrive on time, and sometimes never comes at all. Things happen in game development that we as customers don't usually find out about and don't really need to know. That's okay. I don't see the issue if it takes longer than expected, even if PD doesn't communicate the delays. I would much rather have it delivered eventually and work than complain and get it rushed and broken. No almighty wisdom there. I'm just not going to compare a product sold as is to an industry that thrives on the ability to patch, update, and add through an online connection.

You compare a video game developer who sells software to fridges and real cars. How about comparing a video game developer to other game developers or any type of software developers. Software content is announced, doesn't always arrive on time, and sometimes never comes at all. Things happen in game development that we as customers don't usually find out about and don't really need to know. That's okay. I don't see the issue if it takes longer than expected, even if PD doesn't communicate the delays. I would much rather have it delivered eventually and work than complain and get it rushed and broken. No almighty wisdom there. I'm just not going to compare a product sold as is to an industry that thrives on the ability to patch, update, and add through an online connection.

You obviously missed the entire point of the analogy, and have you completely forgotten or have you chosen to ignore PD's track record with making announcements and missing deadlines? Sure, things happen. But these things don't just happen all the time every time. It's poor development choices and bad business choices on PD's part. Read @Lawndart post above, who is a member of the game development industry.

The fact that the game is still fun for me playing online = patience level 2. I'm actually more worried about my friends. The majority doesn't have my patience, so I hope they find some somewhere.

I'm sure there's a reason why PD is going to add "Quick Match" in an update. So finding what you want isn't such a pain in the rear.
Yes, sure, a "quick match" thing is ok. But I dont see much difference between quick match, and just chosing a room you like in the online rooms list... You might save... lets say... from a few seconds to half a minute.
You surely can't be serious.
I'm serious.
Please tell the reason why you think online isnt good and I'll gladly tell why I disagree. But this "you can't be serious" response doesnt add much to the debate.

Let's see here... Just for summary;

December - 2 large updates and community. It was also fair to assume other coming soon features might happen as well.

A couple small patches and 2 cars, one VGT and an M4.

In fairness they did release Mario Andretti's Hudson in December as well. Which IMO is probably the best thing they've added to the game post launch.

I do love reading your posts though. Nice to see there's atleast one "industry insider" out there that understands the growing frustration of gamers with the way these companies are operating these days. 👍

Please tell the reason why you think online isnt good and I'll gladly tell why I disagree. But this "you can't be serious" response doesnt add much to the debate.
It's 2014 and searching the entire world for a place to race is pretty much a random search. No sorting of PP and tires let alone weight, drivetains, the full slate of driver aids etc. No leaderboards or ranking system. No driver ratings. None of the promised Community features. Its simply the cobbled together bare minimum for online racing.

It's 2014 and searching the entire world for a place to race is pretty much a random search. No sorting of PP and tires let alone weight, drivetains, the full slate of driver aids etc. No leaderboards or ranking system. No driver ratings. None of the promised Community features. Its simply the cobbled together bare minimum for online racing.
Yes the search filters I agree, that's the thing they have to improve...

But leaderboards or raking system? Driver ratings? Pointless. Why? For people getting obsessed with going up the ranks? People cheating to go up the ranks? I've played several games with this and its not good. People dont play to have fun, they just play to get up ther ranks, obsessed with winning at all costs, or cheating, and so on...

I'm currently doing an online serious championship in spain and we have no problem doing them. Good racing and good drivers. But people have to organize these championships, and post results... I know, you want the game to do everything for you, i suppose :sly:

I'm really not sure where or how the developer's failure to have search filters, quick match up, a display so we can see the settings, aids and restrictions of a room in the lobby area instead of having to join every room to view them, stable loading times, room ratings, ping time display, reliable connection to the servers/random drop outs of several people at a time, pitstops that work, basic community features, a freaking shuffle mode and so on makes us 4 year olds for not understanding.

It is not he customer's fault that the online mode (or offline parts too for that matter) is beyond sub par, especially when compared to other similar titles and the fact they've spent 10 years working on it all. It's operational at an extremely basic level for a portion at a time, and then sometimes it (online mode) just doesn't want to work.

All of this has zero to do with understanding how it works and us being stupid, the fact is there is so much that is missing that is simple to add in and have been around for donkey's years already - including other PS3 titles. PD can't always be defended and the blame can't always be laid on us.

But leaderboards or raking system? Driver ratings? Pointless. Why? For people getting obsessed with going up the ranks? People cheating to go up the ranks? I've played several games with this and its not good. People dont play to have fun, they just play to get up ther ranks, obsessed with winning at all costs, or cheating, and so on...

I'm currently doing an online serious championship in spain and we have no problem doing them. Good racing and good drivers. But people have to organize these championships, and post results... I know, you want the game to do everything for you, i suppose :sly:
Good points..
Improvise! Get a good group of racers with the same likes and start a lobby. It happens all day everyday here in the online forums.

Driver rating and ranking system go hand in hand. The common misconception people like you have is that in an effort to win people wil just crash their way to the front. The driver rating prevents that. The more you crash the lower your rating. Add in driver rating to the lobby restrictions and then you don't have to race with anyone who crashes and bashes to the front. Problem solved. This isn't Call of Duty, its a relatively simple thing to control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back