[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

You could also try going to quick match or instant action menu. Pick your plane, turn off all the enemies, set time/weather, then fly now. I've not had much experience with mission editor so that's how I do it.
Ok thanks, I'll give it a try. I'm waiting for Black shark 2 and Hawk to download now, so I still haven't been on the NTTR map yet.

Edit: I just had a look and most of the planes have new instant action missions for Nevada, including cold start.

Last edited:
What is the highest altitude you can fly to, and which plane(s) can reach it?

Check the hud. Found them on other forum.
attachment.php

attachment.php

2.0 and its update finally downloaded... now doing NTTR at almost 1MB/s. Says a lot when I feel lucky to see my download speeds rated by the MB/s :grumpy:

I've not seen anything greater than .5 MB/s lately on this torrent and my progress bar has barely moved in the last hour... if at all. My Up is actually faster than my Down as I'm checking up on it so y'all are welcome :D

Gonna go to bed early and hopefully it'll be done by the morning so I can try it out before work. Such crap that we have to deal with this.

Ok I have DCS 2 downloaded, but I get a message saying no theater installed and asking if I want to add terrain, so I go to the module manager and there is no sign of Nevada. Has anyone got this working?

I got it working, if anyone has the same problem you can follow the instructions here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2574374&postcount=625
I'm in the process of downloading right now. Will I have to do this or it's only happening to a few people?

I'm in the process of downloading right now. Will I have to do this or it's only happening to a few people?
It's only some people, it may work fine for you. If you get a message saying you have no theater installed, I think that means you have the problem.

It looks very nice, but the FPS take a dive in Las Vegas. I've seen as low as 20 FPS with highest settings, I'll probably have to turn a few settings down.

Does anyone else have trackir 5? When I look around it looks like 30fps even when I'm getting more than 100 FPS. It's like this in all versions of DCS I have.
Limiting the FPS to 60FPS makes it smoother, but if it drops below 60 it goes bad again. I have a G sync 144hz monitor, it should be smooth at all FPS like it is in other games that don't use trackir.

Last edited:

I ended up doing it this way anyway. It's easy.

As of 10 minutes ago I'm at 5GB/~25GB downloaded after 2.5 hours. If this 🤬 ain't ready by tomorrow morning....

OP Updated!

Edit:

I think it would have been better to see DCS 1.5 come out of Beta replace 1.0 completely before having 2.0 come out. And 2.0 being released as a Beta and not an Alpha. Now I have 3 icons on my desktop.. I think it could also be harder for devs to track down bug reports with so many subforums (1.0 problems, 1.5 Beta problems, 2.0 alpha problems...) I guess it's ED's choice.

Last edited:
According to reddit (r/hoggit is the place to be) and the ED forums the HTTP option is just as bad or sometimes worse. I wouldn't risk it either. Gonna go to sleep now and hope it's done in the morning... lol

Ok so I got it and it gave me the install terrain prompt. I clicked "Get Terrain" and it made me log in. Now I'm downloading my modules. Will it also download Georgia?? I'm actually so confused.

Oh theres no Georgia in 2.0 yet? :( The wait is never over..

I have two questions, is Nevada on sale right now? Does anyone know if it will go on sale during the winter?

Last edited:
I'm downloading the jets now :D

Only took 13 hours to get NTTR :grumpy:

If anyone is interested, some guys on the DCS forum are starting a proper torrent with seeding and stuff so people can download it at higher than dial-up speeds. Too late to help me but it may help someone here :) http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153751

edit: sooooooo I'm not able to fly. I can't go into Create Fast Mission and generate a free flight mission like I normally do. I set my options and click generate mission and it just says "mission not generated" and sits there like a complete stupid moron.

GREAT GAME, GAIZ. 10/10-IGN

edit 2: might have something to do with my AMD GPU drivers but I'm all up to date. Some are saying they have to reinstall everything for it to get it to work... which I can't do until after work. Brilliant game, guys. I'm so impressed. Much wow.

Last edited:
So I wake up this morning to see this:
Screenshot 2015-12-01 09.15.10.png

This is the last few lines in a text file that opened...
ERROR: size mismatch: got only 21211631 out of 93015056 bytes for Bazar/Textures/Su-27.zip
INFO : Retrying...
ERROR: Failed to download Bazar/Textures/Su-27.zip
ERROR: HTTPS failed with curl error (7): Couldn't connect to server
INFO : Switching to plain HTTP.
ERROR: size mismatch: got only 814794 out of 1324586 bytes for Bazar/World/Shapes/UAZ-469.edm
ERROR: size mismatch: got only 809202 out of 1323006 bytes for Sounds/Effects/Aircrafts/L-39/PitchTrimmer.wav
ERROR: size mismatch: got only 1006646 out of 1315544 bytes for Sounds/Effects/Aircrafts/Engines/DB605/ExB3.wav
ERROR: size mismatch: got only 840086 out of 1330009 bytes for Bazar/World/Shapes/ah-1w_lod2.edm
ERROR: Failed to download Bazar/Textures/Su-27.zip
ERROR: (56): Failure when receiving data from the peer

Eeeek. I wonder if it's because a peer disconnected. Try the group torrent or the http download if that happens again (you should be able to pickup where you left off... maybe).
It said to do the update fixer or something like that.... Unfortunately, it didn't download that part...

I looked at that link you posted for the group torrent, but I don't see a link for it.

Trying it again...

the 17,xxx mb must be NTTR, and the 1448 mb is something easy to download. It's the one after that, the 6,xxx mb part that failed me overnight at 20 kb/s...

Instead of error 56, I got error 28... Timed out...

edit:
looks like the torrent that you posted greg doesn't even work either...

Last edited:
Back