PD Christmas Gift?

• Thread starter hsoomal
  • 51 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
soo9185mal
Please don't tell me PD is going to negelect millions of GT5 Owners this christmas by giving some gamers gifts and others nothing?

??

North America always gets the shaft we did not even get an Audi R10 stealth car, or a Mazda 787B. We wont even get a chrome line Jag.

I received 10 seasonal events that gave me an insane amount of money and experience. I did the Skyline event on my Level 0 alt account and I went straight to level 16 and 1,000,000 credits. One race. What more do you guys want???

I'm not bummed. It just goes with the territory. So much of GT5 has left me scratching my head I fully expect this kind of thing.

Oh stop complaining guys, at least you guys could enter the GT Academy! Asia doesn't have that nor do we even get the Chromeline cars!!! Heck, even Gran Turismo 5 doesn't exist in my PSN store anymore... :guilty:

Race tracks!
Nurburgring 4h and 24 hr is what I hear :|

I noticed when I logged on with my other account. its lvl 2 Aspec, no specials done but I get paint chips daily, and today it unlocked both of those tracks...

I noticed when I logged on with my other account. its lvl 2 Aspec, no specials done but I get paint chips daily, and today it unlocked both of those tracks...

Are these paint chips unannounced? As I seemed to get various amounts of musuem cards each day. Today it was 5, yesterday 6.

Are these paint chips unannounced? As I seemed to get various amounts of musuem cards each day. Today it was 5, yesterday 6.
Dec. 25 login bonus was 9 museum cards. I also got 9 paint chips that I didn't get notified for.

Those were unlocked for me a when I logged in a few days ago and I haven't done AMG Challenge on Intermediate yet.

Well looks like the UK have been given the shaft as well no Xmas gifts for us, nor do we get the GT Academy (come on PD if your going to shaft us at least make it a carbon fibre shaft ffs it is xmas).

P.s. A happy xmas to all my fellow GT5 enthusiasts.

PD: "We value our Japanese customers over everyone else"

Not that I actually know 100% but I think marketing decisions like these and the stealth car distribution would be made by SCE per region, not PD necessarily.

Being EU I feel a little hard done by on the gift count as well. What I want to know is why PD didn't have a gift scheme for Chirstmas anyway. You get a Birthday Car so why not a random year car for Christmas (OK, it would probably be something I already had, or an econobox, but it is the thought that counts!).

At least I was able to get my Ancient computer to do that Facebook thing. I was hugely relieved when the Code popped up as it was not exactly stunningly fast and seemed somewhat unresponsive.

just consider the extra seasonal events we got on the 23rd as a Christmas gift from PD.

would have been nice to get some cars but atleast we got more events on top of the original seasonal events.

It's Christmas. forget all the bad thoughts. enjoy this night and rejoice! ...as Santa is coming to town!

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

The Christmas cars were never promised to anyone outside of Japan. You simply assumed that they would be available, essentially putting words in somebody else's mouth, and to be perfectly honest, I do find it a little bit hypocritical when American members complain against this, since they have their own exclusive content in the form of the GT Academy. So what it really equates to is trying to have your cake and eat it, too. Now, I can't go issuing warnings and infractions for being spoiled brats, but I have already closed one thread on this very subject already when it degenerated into Bitchapalooza 2010. While I'm not jumping to conclusions in this thread, I'm not in any particular mood to tolerate the kind of behaviour I saw in the other thread, so rest assured that I will be monitoring this thread as closely as I can, and I won't hesitate to shut it at the sight of a whiny post.

If Japan is getting presents, what happens if you set up a Japanese account and then gift yourself the car presents?

Last edited by a moderator:
The weird thing is that in Japan, Christmas is not even an official holiday. And I hate to point this out, but one of the reasons many of us expected 3 cars was because of the announcement on the news section of this website. And while Americans have the GT Academy, aren't they giving away an SLS in Europe??? For the results of not a player's skills, but his B driver's skill? We didn't ask for what we are given. PD decides. The three cars would be nice. But PD just gave everyone the biggest gift anyone could ask for, the gift of cloning.

https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-to-gift-cars-in-gt5-on-christmas-eve/

And Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back