Persona 5 (PS3/PS4)PS4 

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 164 comments
English release delayed to April 4th, ugh.

Apparently it's to record audio for more dialog... I'm guessing they think a bunch of unvoiced dialog would be too offputting for a western audience, but surely they won't be voicing ALL dialog so... c'mon. Just give it to us.

As a consolation, Japanese dual audio DLC will be available free of charge... Nice, but I'd rather just have the game already! :P

Relevant (NSFW Language):

Last edited:
English release delayed to April 4th, ugh.

Apparently it's to record audio for more dialog... I'm guessing they think a bunch of unvoiced dialog would be too offputting for a western audience, but surely they won't be voicing ALL dialog so... c'mon. Just give it to us.

As a consolation, Japanese dual audio DLC will be available free of charge... Nice, but I'd rather just have the game already! :P

Relevant (NSFW Language):

No way. It could've been my perfect Valentine's present for myself but now its delayed to April 4.

Great. I got nothing to do now for Valentines since P5 has been delayed.

Played us like a damn fiddle.

My reaction to the delay:

Atlus literally took our hearts (for NA players).

Did anyone watched the P5 anime? Kinda teased me even more for P5 plus wanting a P5 animation similar to P4.

Since Valentine's Day was a day ago (and that was supposed to be P5's original release date but no they delayed it.:(), someone was able to post a video on what happens if you choose to be a :censored:boy or pimp in P5.

Looks like someone was able to post to Valentine's Day cutscene for.....well you just have to watch it.

Tagging @Silver Arrows.

For those wondering: the game apparently does still have the absolutely asinine block on screenshots and videos taken via the PS4.

One step forward, two steps back for Atlus. This is even more stupid then Rocksteady trying to block out spoilers for Arkham Knight.

Edit: @FilipinoGTUser1 most of that stuff has already been out in the wild on various Tumblr tags of the various main cast, so I am well aware.

For those wondering: the game apparently does still have the absolutely asinine block on screenshots and videos taken via the PS4.

One step forward, two steps back for Atlus. This is even more stupid then Rocksteady trying to block out spoilers for Arkham Knight.

Edit: @FilipinoGTUser1 most of that stuff has already been out in the wild on various Tumblr tags of the various main cast, so I am well aware.
Oh. Well I thought it would be better when its being shown on video.

Well its almost April and I can't wait. :D

Edit:
@Silver Arrows Since you already know the romance scenes that you can get in P5, which one do you think was better? My take on each scene (only for main party members):
Anne- As per character that has the Lovers Arcana, I'd say this one is okay. Decent and nothing special.
Makoto- Probably the more orderly type of romance scene that you can watch. Of course I'd say this one is more of a continuation after Makoto got scared by Futaba when they tried looking for her.
Futaba- Weird but at the same time cute to look at. She acts angry but after Akira/Joker talks response to whatever Futaba says she gets very happy. And when Akira/Joker gets close to Futaba, she was like "Oh my.....so this is how it feels when someone is getting close to you physically.
Haru- I'm guessing she's thanking Akira/Joker after she was saved from getting married to a son of an official. Of course she loved Akira/Joker after that.

Last edited:

self explanatory, some dude on Reddit got his hands on a Take Your Heart edition early, unboxed it

watch it fast, Atlustube coming for his ass quick

Just some notes from the video:

- The bag itself could hold a '15-inch laptop' though I don't know if that leaves any sort of extra space, probably not.

- The game itself is a 20.3 GB download for PS4. This DOES NOT include the dual audio patch which is coming, but I surmise that patch is probably going to be half a GB, 1 GB maximum.

April 4th can't come soon enough.

Well actually, no... I just finished BotW and now I'm playing Nier Automata. April 4th is perfect. :P

Just some notes from the video:

- The bag itself could hold a '15-inch laptop' though I don't know if that leaves any sort of extra space, probably not.

- The game itself is a 20.3 GB download for PS4. This DOES NOT include the dual audio patch which is coming, but I surmise that patch is probably going to be half a GB, 1 GB maximum.
That's huge. I just hope that the PS3 version (which is where I'll be playing P5) has a lesser size than that but if that's the case for the PS3 version, this one beats GT6 in terms of size.

That's huge. I just hope that the PS3 version (which is where I'll be playing P5) has a lesser size than that but if that's the case for the PS3 version, this one beats GT6 in terms of size.

It won't be. PS3 games are packed differently in terms of file size compared to PS4. My guess is that is will probably be much less, around 15 GB.

Oh boy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1353294

So I woke up this morning to a terrific email from Amazon.

Originally Posted by AmazonEmail

Hello,

Due to delivery restrictions on your order #redacted, we won’t be able to send you Persona 5 - SteelBook Edition - PlayStation 4.

This is because this item contains regulated materials classified as dangerous goods and can not be delivered by Amazon. Although the amount of these substances in these products is usually quite limited, these products need to be transported in a certain way to ensure that they are handled with care.

Unfortunately, this means that we're not able to ship your order and it has been canceled.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

So I wandered over into the Persona community thread only to see that I'm not the only person who has received this email.

It looks like Amazon is cancelling both regular steelbook and the "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition.

I sent Amazon an email, but LiquidGabx talked to an Amazon rep and posted their response...

Originally Posted by AmazonRep

The actual reason why the order was canceled is that the entire inventory Amazon had received from the manufacturer had a major defect that was detected by one of our valued customer like you're and then an investigation began to check if all the items have the same issue and we had to cancel mass orders and return the item back to the manufacturer

So I'm wondering if 100% of the PS4 orders are going to be cancelled? What is the defect, and how does this change the launch date? Do we have people from Atlus or Amazon here on the boards that want to comment?

The gong show continues.

My Amazon Take Your Heart edition hasn't been cancelled.

Not sure what about the TYH & Steelbook editions could be so defective as to become dangerous, maybe sharp edges on the steelbook? :lol:

My Amazon Take Your Heart edition hasn't been cancelled.

Not sure what about the TYH & Steelbook editions could be so defective as to become dangerous, maybe sharp edges on the steelbook? :lol:

Lead possibly?

It could be the same as Zero Time Dilemma, which had a whole swack of watches with the LE defective, scratches on the plastic cover, all sorts of stuff. And Amazon did **** all to customers, drove people around the bend, and the developers were useless too.

Or this is like Breath of the Wild with the Master Edition on Amazon. Too many people pre-ordered limited stock, and Amazon cancelled en masse.

FWIW, I've checked Canadian outlets, and they're all 'out of stock'

This tweet is from Will Chan, Atlus PR however:

We’re currently looking into the situation with Amazon and will update you as soon as we have more information.

Update from the NeoGAF thread...

Hello dgco86,

There may be a chemical texture on these items that were identified, for that reason we were unable to ship. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

You may find some great information about this here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?C=3..._help_search_1

We hope to see you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Joshua S.

Update from the OP of the original NeoGAF thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232267341&postcount=503

Well, I got a response from Amazon. They said it was a mistake, and that I should reorder the item.

They also said they would wave shipping costs. I don't know if this is a case by case situation, but if you had your order cancelled, contact Amazon and they might respond with the same information now.

So now I have an order in on Amazon and one on Best Buy... I'll cancel the best buy one if this whole mess with Amazon is cleared up with no further cancellations before launch.

I was wondering why I couldn't order either of them anymore. Meanwhile on other sites such as best buy, i can still pre-order either editions.

For most Canadian outlets, like EB Games and Best Buy, they list the TYH edition is 'out of stock'

Got 70hours of PERSONA 5 footage on PS4/PS4 PRO (PS4 PRO after Part 20)

Great game, but not sure if it is better than Persona 4 in terms of story, really love P4!

Got 70hours of PERSONA 5 footage on PS4/PS4 PRO (PS4 PRO after Part 20)

Great game, but not sure if it is better than Persona 4 in terms of story, really love P4!

Your ass is probably gonna get popped by Atlustube, mate. Just as a warning, they don't screw around with spoilers or videos before release.

Your ass is probably gonna get popped by Atlustube, mate. Just as a warning, they don't screw around with spoilers or videos before release.
No worries, I already won the case against Atlus, they started to cooldown after the success of FFXV.

Holding another livestream soon too.
Note: This is the JP version which was released in September,

Latest Posts

Back