Peugeot 908 HDi FAP or Audi R10 TDi?

  • Thread starter Thread starter h3ro17
  • 136 comments
  • 44,132 views
Messages
58
So I wanted to pick up a LeMan diesel prototype to do some hot lapping with.

If you could choose one or have had experience with both, which would you go for, Peugeot 908 HDi FAP or Audi R10 TDi?
 
I have not driven any of them but I think I'll go with the Audi R10. It bothers me they didn't include the R15 though.
 
R10 can be a handful on a bumpy track like the Nurburgring, that said i really like the car. I might get a 908 this weekend to check out the difference myself.
 
Cant speak for the r10 but i briefly owned a 908 and it was a lot of fun to drive
 
I made a thread not too long about this asking this exact same question, use the search function.
 
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Lynyrd, I tried searching actually. Check out what comes up if you put in the exact names of the cars. You get hundreds of marketplace listings of people trying to buy/sell cars so I went ahead and made a new thread in the main GT5 topic.

I got to your thread via your profile now and will read through it. Thanks.
 
i got both :sly:

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP for the win plus i like it more then the audi
 
Chikane, which do you prefer? Perhaps a quick review of both and which you would choose if you had to pick one?
 
i got both :sly:

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP for the win plus i like it more then the audi

Me too, I prefer the R10 though by a long shot, its just more fun (be it slower) and has no overhead canopy which adds to the fun factor.
 
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I'm leaning towards the 908.

Only thing now is, do I go crazy Matmut livery or traditional French Blue?!
 
Peugeot 908.👍

Edit: The Factory livery is much better.
 
I've only got the Peugeot, I expect the audi to be slower on the straights but a bit faster in the corners!
 
I prefer the 908, the R10 just has terrible handling for me.
 
Just curious on how much it is.... reason I am asking is that I am not on my PS3 at the moment so can't check :p
 
Just curious on how much it is.... reason I am asking is that I am not on my PS3 at the moment so can't check :p

Audi R10 TDi? $4.750.000
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP $4.000.000
 
Peugeot 908. 👍
 
908 of cause, R10 is slower. It's ashame GT5 doesn't include R15 which is an equal rival to 908.
 
Since in GT5 cars don't break down, go for the 908.
 
I agree, I have 908, R10 and R10 Stealth, (Stealth having a 25bhp boost and a 50ldft boost over the normal R10), even the Stealth can't keep up with the 908. :)
 
I'm surprised so many people pick the 908 over the R10, I find the 908 not nearly as exciting to drive compared to the R10
 
I know you didn't ask about the Mazda 787B, also a Le Mans winner, but it seems to be quicker than the Peugeot--in the game at least. I really don't like the Peugeot's cockpit--it is nicely modeled in the game but the view is very restrictive. the Mazda also sounds more interesting than the 908--those diesels are so quiet.

Does anyone else feel like these cars don't have quite the downforce they should when cornering? It seems like you can't turn into medium speed corners at that much of a greater speed than the street cars.
 
The 908 has much more ability in the corner by comparison. It's the easier/faster car to drive.


The Audi R10 is however by far the more enjoyable car to drive. I have both.
 
A couple of years ago when the 908 first came on the scene at LeMans, it was 3 seconds a lap faster than the Audi's. IRL the 908 has been plagued by reliability issues at LeMans, I know they won hands down in 2009. But also not one of the 4 Peugeot 908's entered in the 2010 24 Hours of LeMans finished. I have the 908 in my garage and it is an amazing car, with 922 Hp I have hit 248MPH in it
 
Why would you worry about reliability in a video game?
 
908- More powerful and quicker than the R10, but might be a bit of a handful on Sports-hards
R10- Easier to drive, although it might be difficult in the rain (due to the open cockpit), for me not worth the extra 750000 over the 908.

OR you could do as I did and buy a Mazda 787B:D
 
I like the Peugeot because of last summers Le Mans.

Blowing flames and all 4 cars failing to finish? You might want to up your expectations lol.



But that was 2010, the 2008-2009 car was much better (which is what I'm hoping you meant.)
 
I personally think its tough to drive the R10. Lots of oversteer to deal with.
 
I have the 908 and love it!!

I'll be getting the R10 either later today or tomorrow and I'm excited about that but I just don't think it'll be as awesome.
 
Back