Peugeot 908 HDi FAP or Audi R10 TDi?

  • Thread starter Thread starter h3ro17
  • 136 comments
  • 44,138 views
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP for the win!!! Personally I have 4 of them (2 with 0miles and 2 with milage)

It's really good car, one of the best in the game - not much over/understeer and when driving with all aids off more predictable than the R10 which I also own...

Cheaper and Better looking than R10 and has two colour schemes...

Mazda 787B is a good car but the sound it makes and cockpit view is horrendous...

Just buy the Peugeot and you'll love it...
 
Get the peugeot. I've got the audi and peugeot, and the audi is almost undrivable, it's got a sluggish 5 speed gearbox, and no torque at the low end of the rev range. It also has chronic understeer, which i've tried removing, but to no avail. The peugeot is near perfect, a bit hard on it's tyres perhaps, but that's the only fault that i found.
 
I have the 2 of them, and I'd say the Peugeot is better! :)
 
Go Peugeot. Just a better car in all ways and it is fast. Also sounds good if you park it and stab the throttle a few times.
 
I have both and IRL am actually biased towards the Audis but I have to say 908 FAP. It drives beautifully in GT5.
 
Thing is, the Audi R10 is an older model than the 908. If GT5 had R18s my wager is the argument would be waaay more split. The two cars aren't really all that comparable.
 
The Peugeot is amazing to drive. In my opinion the best Le mans car to drive that is premium, and the Audi has better visibility, and well. That's about it. A 5 speed gearbox, bad 0-100 KM/H / 62 MPH, and slides as much as my Mustang Mach 1. But even then, I still stick to my beloved Audi. :D

PS: I reckon Tower Turn is right, the R10 is older, and if they got in an R15 or an R18 everything would change.
 
Last edited:
Well in my experience the R10 understeers more than the 908, but that might be because I know jackshizz about tuning.
 
Well, the R10 won, but since you can't break down in GT5, the 908 is your best bet.
 
Both of these cars are very good and are some of my fave race cars. But if i had to pick id say the 908 is better.
 
908, R10 is a prize car level 40 24hr A spec race
 
That depends, do you want to be able to see out of the car?
The Audi obviously has great visibility, and the Peugeot is like looking out of a cave.
 
Cant speak for the r10 but i briefly owned a 908 and it was a lot of fun to drive
When you say 'briefly owned', I'm, assuming you traded it before the cap came in, since you can't sell it.
 
908, R10 is a prize car level 40 24hr A spec race

option 1: Spend half an hour grinding la sarthe with a Ferarri, buy an R10
option 2: Spend 24 solid hours playing the same track over the best part of a week (maybe less if you're an insane, masochistic insomniac) win an R10

Tough call....
 
The 24 hour race with some friends can be fun. On the other hand you would need to buy a similar race car anyway to race... :p
 
The 908's tuned +1000lbs torque can give it an edge along with the added HP.
That being said, the R10 can keep up quite well. Its open cockpit view is a big bonus when it comes to endurance races.
 
Since in GT5 cars don't break down, go for the 908.

Great Thinking!

I have both and I like the Audi better because it is slower and easier to drive, and I just like the Audi more. If you race against the 908 as long as you keep in the draft you can keep up but once you are alone you will be able to make better lap times in the 908.
 
I'm going to save up for the R10, 908, F10, F2007, and 727B...
 
I don't have any experience with the R10, but I bought the 908 to do the Suzuka 1000 and I think it's a great car, but even with Racing Soft tyres and TCS on 5, sometimes it drifts a bit.
 
The r10 is slow, in the Indy race, the r10s were in last place. The r10's advantage in racing is gas mileage and reliability, it is a really slow car compared to other prototypes
 
the 908 detuned (limited) by 15-20% depending on age and engine seasonedness with a propperl tuned gearbox is heaven on the ring cause you don't tend to spin up the rears as much. ( i am light on the throttle in this car already in 2nd and 3rd as it is). But a slight de tune seems to bring the torque into manageable levels, being kinder to racing tires in the end 5 laps - 6 laps on the nurb on a set of Softs about the same on hards. The hards tend to slip more therefore negating the longlife advantage. Also, don't know about the audi but the 908 flashes it's highbeams on and of with the push of a button on my wheel and in the wet on a set of SOFT tires it's a killer, seriously.
 
The 908 flashes it's headlights and the r10 doesn't. next case, 30 days.
 
It's safer to have the ability to flash headlights. If you can't, night racing can get everyone spinning into walls.
 
Get the Audi R10. It just seems more planted than the 908.
 
Yeah. Agreed. I think it's more expensive because it's more reliable, has a bigger fuel tank, and is more precise.
 
Back